[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 193 KB, 1400x788, Fed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1136262 No.1136262 [Reply] [Original]

/biz/, I'll be abrupt:
I have a few grand to invest and want something low risk and relatively short-term. Also, I keep hearing buzz on the internet about a coming economic downturn in the US. What does /biz/ think?

>> No.1136283

>>1136262
fuck what biz thinks, theyre all retards.

in all honesty yes it down hill. corrective cyclical balance.

>> No.1136286

>>1136283
So you don't have any ideas on where I can stick my money to get a good RoI or just to protect it?

>> No.1136292

>>1136286
protect it? precious metals or real estate in a major region. good ROI? lol m8 thats the golden question. everyone to their own methods.

>> No.1136294

>>1136292
Do you have any resources I can check out in regards to investment ideas?
Also, my eventual goal is to buy some land or a home at auction.

>> No.1136308

Guys, please.

>> No.1136319

look up death cross, put money in the VIX reeeee

>> No.1136334

>>1136294
any investment ideas here are shills thinking if others buy into what they buy into there will be enough capital to drive the price up. not from here lol, but seriously use investopedia and shit like that, find ways to spot value. look at pipelines for example, they just transport oil, theyve been taking hige hits and are the lowest price theyve been since 2012. oil cant stay low forever, in a few years they will recover. if you dont like long term value look at price movements, learn volume analysis, technicals, learn to use RSI, MACD, whatever indicators work and develop a strategy, and dont listen to fuckers on this bullshit board

>> No.1136974

There won't be an economic downturn for the next year, can't say what will happen afterwards. LEI's are looking okay, unemployment is decreasing, and indexes dipped at the beginning of the year so there's room to grow. Regulations on banks are minimizing and preventing (for a while) the effect of the next downturn. Too lazy to write more.