[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 207 KB, 852x581, 1358123716003.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11293926 No.11293926 [Reply] [Original]

Hey, /biz/. Desperate anon here.

I know this board is mainly for crypto shit at this point but I figured I'd ask for some advice.

I'd love to work remotely and I've been seeking remote employment opportunities but all I seem to find is the usual "call center customer support"-esque remote jobs where you take calls at home. Is there anything out there you guys can recommend that would be something along the lines of data entry, etc? No experience required preferably and no talking on a damn phone to people.

I might just be complete shit at searching for remote jobs online. Thanks!

>> No.11293977

it depends on the company more than the role. Virtually all roles in an office can be done remotely these days, but not every company believes in it. There was a lot of backlash after many companies really pursued it and now it's not as common. My entire department is remote and the entire rest of the company has the option, and of course our roles are everything from editor to accountant to technical support.

So stop looking for roles or jobs and find companies that are big on remote work and apply their. What you're looking for can be done remotely.

>> No.11294002

if you don't have highly marketable skills....you won't find a remote job that actually pays you money. if this is what you want in life, then you need to get your shit together. go back to school or something.
mturk and pajeet tier shit doesn't count.

>> No.11294017

>>11293977
also don't ask about working remotely right off the bat or at all. you need to do this research by asking your friends or acquaintances who work there because interviewers will be really turned off by people who want to go remote immediately. they should be asking you if you're okay with it, and if it's something they promote they'll try and feel you out about it since a lot of people don't like it.

>> No.11294021

>>11293977

Thank you this is some good insight.

>>11294002

Currently no marketable skills. I just got my Associate's and I'm trying to get into a uni to finish a Comp Sci degree but currently have not jumped into coding etc. I'm just trying to find something on the side to sustain myself while I finish school, preferably remote.

>> No.11294058

>>11294021
sure, you and everyone else. I'm a remote programmer, currently looking for a new job. remote jobs are a lot more competitive and difficult to land, even for someone like me who is an experienced remote worker.

>> No.11294423

>>11293926
If you want decent remote work, you need experience first. After you’ve worked in an office a few years, companies will be less sceptical about trusting you in terms of communication and accountability. I’ve been working in an office for about 3 years now and will be starting my free lance, remote career next week. IM FINALLY QUITING MY WAGEKEK JOB YEAH!