[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 17 KB, 128x128, thonk.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11210876 No.11210876 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone else here a corporate salary slave? You know what I mean.

>useless meetings
>job is just a bunch of bullshit busy work
>all I think about at work is what I'm going to do after work like go fishing or play vidya or some shit
>bullshit office politics
>you're expected to feel grateful for shilling 9+ hours of your day sitting at a desk for $60k a year and decent health insurance
>everyone manages confrontation in weird doublespeak because they can't actually take a goddamned stand
>execs sit around and talk about skiing, how their country club dues have gone up, how they just spent their $40k bonus on some dumb shit, etc.
>there's always some passive aggressive middle manager who hates his life so much he takes it out on everyone else
>everyone else just kind of operates in a daze so they can make it through day to day
>have to be mindful of everything you say or do because there is someone who will get offended at the slightest off color remark
>people delude themselves into thinking that they are better than people who don't have jobs like this
>execs and middle management walk around promoting bullshit TED talks and self help books

There has to be something more than this. I've been doing this for the 4 years since I got out of college and it's really eating at me. I feel like I'm reaching a boiling point where I just don't care anymore and it will end up getting me fired. I just keep my head down and do what is asked. I figure make them fire me so that I can file for unemployment. Also one more year and my retirement fully vests so I figure I can at least take some of their money with me.

What the fuck is this life? Why is this expected and even praised. It's literally some shit out of a dystopian sci fi novel.

>> No.11210912

Quite the opposite actually I run heavy equipment it's very comfy

>> No.11211367
File: 2.16 MB, 1280x730, 1516336103782.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11210876
In the same boat. Trying to accumulate currency to start flipping houses or some shit. I actually like coming home and doing physical work since my job basically consists of sitting in a chair for 8 hours and waiting to leave. Problem is even foreclosed homes that have been abandoned 10 years go for $300k here. Also, since I am blogging:
>savings going up
>getting close to goal
>break leg, medical bills
>car breaks down multiple times in a row, shitty bmw costs a fuckton in parts
>fridge breaks, need to buy new fridge
>development landscaper weedwhacks a rock through my back porch window
>city reads my meter wrong and says I used over 3500 cubic feet of water in a month
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>> No.11211626

>>11211367

>buying a bmw

Not gonna make it

>> No.11211651

>everyone else just kind of operates in a daze so they can make it through day to day
It drains the life out of you.

There's no way to break the cycle easily. People do this for 40 years and then retire and die. That's all they lived for, working 5 days a week, every week for 40 years. Nothing enjoyable but raising their kids, etc.

Saving up 10k, 20k, 50k really wont get you anything either. You have to be much more risk orientated

>> No.11211718

My strategy for corporate life has been simple

>never say a word
>always wear headphones
>do only what is asked of me and not a single bit more
>deflect any responsibility or task that someone else tries to dump onto me

Most days I don't even do morning small talk or greetings with the managers or higher ups. Everyone just thinks of me as the anti-social asshole so they don't bother me. And the funniest part? The higher ups love me for this reason. And they always reward me with generous raises even though I do jack shit at my job and do maybe 2 hours of actual work every day.

The game is very easy to play - if you are going to play politics and gun for the top spot, then do so relentlessly. Otherwise just hang back and be a slacker. If you are caught in that middle spot, you are going to be an unappreciated work horse that everyone walks all over. Its just like being middle class in America. If you aren't going to be rich, its better to be poor. If you are middle class the majority of the social burden will fall on you.

TL;DR if you hate your job you are either getting paid too little or working too hard, relative to each other.

>> No.11211734

cant find a new job. of the three apps i sent out, got one phone interview and one in-person. "we're pursuing hiring some other fag who apparently has better credentials than you but thanks for upping our requirements in the future"

>> No.11211754

>>11210912
Plumber here

>> No.11211763

>>11211718
>the higher ups love me
No, they’re nice to you because they’re either keeping you around as a potential scapegoat or think you might wind up shooting up the place.
t. higher up

>> No.11211805

>>11211367
Im Sorry for your recent financial setbacks anon, but the weedwacker part made me laugh

>> No.11211850

>>11211718
>generous raises even though I do jack shit at my job and do maybe 2 hours of actual work every day.
Man if that isn't the damn truth. I am fresh out of school and into my first long term corporate gig but after a quick position bump 6months in I am amazed at how much brain power I have to flex to complete my work, I could do it with my eyes closed literally.

>> No.11212042

>>11211626
Some jackass hit my pontiac and totalled it while I was stopped. I had no money in savings at the time and needed to buy a car before the end of the weekend. The beamer just happened to fit my price range and run well enough to get me to the airport. Probably still a shit decision, but whatever. At least it is fun to drive

>>11211805
At least some good came of all this then :)

Phoneposting right now so my ID might be different.

>> No.11212230
File: 106 KB, 538x513, 1537866741204.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11211805
>>11212042
If you want to laugh at more misfortune here is how my bmw went down
>driving on highway
>car suddenly dies
>coast to shoulder, battery dead
Usually when a battery or alternator dies it isn't that sudden
>puzzling over what the hell just happened, smell smoke
>look at back seat, smoke pouring into car through seatbelt holes
>get out through passenger door and hop to trunk (broken leg)
>open trunk, fire explodes in my face. Whole trunk on fire
>put out fire using trash from the side of the road and my shirt
>inspect damage, nut had fallen off the hold down bar for battery, (my battery is in the trunk), and the hold down bar had swung over and hit the positive terminal, welding it to the frame and lighting the trunk on fire
>get towed home
>put in new battery, airbags explode
>airbag cover popped up and broke my windshield
The tow truck had apparently crushed my crash sensors. There was a class action lawsuit out about my airbags exploding with excessive force which could have contributed to them exploding hard enough to break the windshield.
Also my wheel cracked and tore through two sets of tires. Been driving on a donut for months now. Fun times.

>> No.11212281
File: 697 KB, 963x945, wagecuck.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11210876
I was like you before, an inch away of pulling the trigger and an hero myself. I was literally puking every single monday morning before going to work, and couldn't have good sleep sunday night, sweating, having panic attacks, hyperventilating...
Then i took the NEETpill.
Now i'm in peace with myself. Sure i'm poor, but at least i don't hate myself anymore, i feel like Neo when he walk into the matrix once he took the redpill, surrounded by normies.

>> No.11212300

>>11212281
Is this based on that guy who had to apply for a job before he could get neetbux and he got the job?

>> No.11212320

>>11210876
lmao. you hit the nail on the head.

every other fucking morning this one senior exec faggot always sends us some motivational article or ted talk bullshit.

can't believe these fucking NPC faggots are the ones that make it to the top. just makes me that much more spiteful about making it myself.

and bitter middle managers that take out their life frustrations on their employees are fucking everywhere. jesus fuck the bitterness they exude.

fuck the world. fuck bitches. fuck everything.

>> No.11212328
File: 99 KB, 768x768, c1a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11212300
no it's based on bikecuck

>> No.11212339

>>11212328
Ya but there's a story of a neet who tried getting neetbux here and the case worker told him he had to apply for a job before he could get his autismbux. So he applied to Mcdonalds and he got interviewed and hired in fifteen minutes. Now he has a job wage slaving instead of being a neet.

>> No.11212340

>>11211718
higher ups love you because you are a drone that gets his work done without causing any ruckus. i am in the exact same position.

your post is extremely on point, especially the comparison to being middle class. the worst fucking position is being a step below middle management, where you do 90% of the work at 10% greater pay than the niggers in HR

>> No.11212361
File: 101 KB, 668x1370, 1537895054673.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11212339
Kek i didn't saw this thread but it's funny. If you have the archive i would be glad if you post it anon.

>> No.11212379

>>11212361
I forget what thread, sorry man. I just remember reading his story and it making my day. If anyone has it that'd be great, was pretty funny.

>> No.11212399

>>11212230
Holy shit, who did you piss off in your past life?

>> No.11212401

>>11211718
>>11211850
Have you guys thought at all about automating your brainlet work? There are ways to script emails, spreadsheets, you name it.