[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 116 KB, 500x465, 1535613662642.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11191282 No.11191282 [Reply] [Original]

A good friend of mine is a serial entrepreneur. He is that one friend out of 100 people in town who has already made it. House, family, property, businesses, connections and fuck_you_money. I somehow ended up riding his coattails. He wants me to manage the marketing department on a SaaS project which is currently piloting on 15.000 users. Being the beta fuck I am, i told him I am not sure if I am the right person. He told me, he doesn't care, I am capable and its my job now.

> 7 months from official launch
> A substantial amount of the funding allotted to me.
> Little understanding of marketing such a huge project.

How do I spend the next 7 months not fucking this opportunity up?

(PS. we go back 15 years as friends, I helped him so many times when he was in financially troubled, then moved away for 5 years, talk very little to him and come back to him being a rich 32 yo. boomer. Entrepreneur on steroids.).

>> No.11191292

you really are retarded if you cant figure out online marketing

>> No.11191300

>>11191282
How about you stop being a little pussy and have some kind of confidence anon? Accept the job and look how it goes. If it fails, it fails. If it succeeds, well congratulations.

You talk like a monkey right now. I have a great opportunity but i fear failure. Why the fuck do you think like a monkey? Think like, i just was given a fucking amazing opportunity and i will not fail it. See how easy it is?

My god sometimes i feel like i am a father although i have no kids.

>> No.11191301

>(PS. we go back 15 years as friends, I helped him so many times when he was in financially troubled, then moved away for 5 years, talk very little to him and come back to him being a rich 32 yo. boomer. Entrepreneur on steroids.).
Sounds like you kept him down.

>> No.11191346

>>11191292
>>11191300

ay, lmao. go easy. I have accepted the job, and I am currently spending time trying to learn as much about marketing as I can. In the past I did affiliate marketing by myself and made it to a whopping 50$/day for some time. Sold some websites for 2k, 5k and 12k, flipped domains for a nice income. But I am now sitting on a company with funding upwards of 5$ mil, valued at 3x that amount, it is a little overwhelming. I am just trying to get some input. It's not like I don't fucking realize how big of a opportunity this is. I want to succeed, I want my friend to succeed.

>>11191301
> Sounds like you kept him down.

We were just friends back then, we didn't do much business together, but he was constantly working on ideas. I supported him, he supported me. At some point I moved away to study.

>> No.11191363

>>11191346
We are going easy on you anon. We are not plebbit where its an echo chamber. We are giving you life experience. Its all about how you think. We cant help you on this journey about "How can i do X thing in my job". You gotta figure this on your own buddy. Google is your friend.

We are harsh here, but we talk about the truth. You will succeed anon if you just think that you succeed. Some 2 notes for you:

1. Never think i need to do this, but rather think i WANT to do this. Those 2 are totally different perspectives on things.
2. Get busy living or get busy dying.

Good luck faggot! I hope you make good gains!

>> No.11191567

>>11191363
Listen to this anon, OP.
He knows what he is talking about!

Otherwise you'll end up like me. Depressed, no money, no gf, hate what you're doing, seeing no sense in things.
You don't want that!

>> No.11191581

>>11191301
Heh !
Anon is a total waste
But I hope he will se the light.