[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 41 KB, 351x450, 12-01-24-Nervous-Guy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11091478 No.11091478 [Reply] [Original]

Does anyone else worry that when its time to "cash out" you somehow wont be able to? I have thousands of dollars in my stock brokerage account but I fear that when I actually want to put it into my bank account it will be denied for some reason. I honestly sometimes even have nightmares about it

>> No.11091508

>>11091478
Unironically I believe major banks and companies have clauses to fuck you over.

These clauses are hidden in user agreements you sign and acknowledge once opening the account and from then on, continuously agreeing to changes.

I'd highly recommend getting a lawyer if you have a large amount invested and going over your bank policies with them. Explain your fears and concerns openly to see if they are warranted.

>> No.11091511

>>11091478
With stocks it will never be a problem since brokerage accounts are regulated by the tax authorities.

If you plan to on cashing out of crypto on the other hand- that is a whole other story.

>> No.11091521

Small amounts here and there.

If something gets hung up you can deal with it.

Don’t be that guy that withdrew his whole load in one shot and it got hung up in wire transfers by the bank.

>> No.11091535

>>11091478
this is why you sell at some point before the top. sell when you feel you have enough profit to be comfy. then you can sell before everybody else does and not get caught in the logjam

>> No.11091552

>>11091511
cashing out with coinbase will always work no matter what the price is like. the cash out meme is only true if you use nigger tier methods of cashing out

>> No.11091610

>>11091478
I've never been close to making it.. but for what it's worth I've withdrawn tens of thousands of crypto in dollar value from Okex to coinbase to my bank account.. I feel like the myths about your funds getting stuck come from a few anecdotal stories that then get blown full of air and propagate as the fearmongering masses come across them and spread them to forward whatever narrative they are trying to advance.

>> No.11091632

>>11091478
I don't plan on ever cashing out. I'm going to keep holding until I don't need a bank.

>> No.11091636

>>11091552
>cashing out with coinbase will always work
I dont know, theres tons of posts online about coinbase locking accounts then unlocking them once they get social network or media attention half a year later.