[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 80 KB, 250x244, 1536073486029.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11032824 No.11032824 [Reply] [Original]

so far i have found two types of products which look like they will only get me around $300/month in revenue, to get more revenue i will need to find more SKUs, but how the fuck, most chinese goods are utter garbage and not worth the cost to ship them here (regardless of what quantity you buy, the shipping cost is substantial), and when i examine other sellers they're not getting much revenue either judging by their volume of feedback, and they're sitting on SKUs which never sell, and in some cases i can find public information about their revenue which is usually pathetically low, the supermarkets and retail stores have honed in on most of the things people have a real need for and e-commerce is mainly limited to useless novelty items or very specialized items which no one will buy if the price is too high, and for some reason most online stores in my country set ridiculously high prices so they don't get a lot of sales, which makes it easy for me to compete if i decide to, but i'm not interested in most of the crap these people sell

>> No.11033006

>>11032824
Manufacturing goods for small businesses.
That's all I'm gonna say.

>> No.11033021

>>11033006
yeah that sounds more productive, just reselling things is nigger-tier

>> No.11033029

>>11033021
I mean it's fine starting out when your capital is shite but the market is way more limited.

>> No.11033068
File: 48 KB, 800x795, 1532410759504.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11032824
I got tricked this Summer into thinking that making a shopify store and selling print-on-demand shirts would be the easiest and most profitable thing ever.

Fucking retards on youtube make millions of videos hailing dropshipping and selling clothes, and sell online courses that teach you how to do it. They act like their money came from just putting a bracelet or a hat that says "swag" on a website and then sitting back while the money rolls in.

In reality, 90% of those cunts were probably already rich, and the others made their money selling the dream. There's no easy way to get ahead, and the sad thing is I already knew that and saw all the warning signs going into starting a business, and I still did it.

That being said, it's nice to see a thread that's not about coins. Has anyone else done ecommerce before?

>> No.11033150

>>11032824

anon you might find this useful for your ecommerce venture
https://omnilytics.co/market-insights

>> No.11033186

>>11033068
> Has anyone done e-commerce before. Yeah. What you did, 300 dollars, Facebook ads and 2 months later I made a net profit of -300 dollars, and lost 2 months. This fucking shit is dried up.

>> No.11033233 [DELETED] 

op, im trying to sell my fiverr business. it makes like $200-$400 a month passive income. email me if you want to buy it angelicafrost123@gmail.com

>> No.11033519

>>11033186
Lucky you, I've probably spent around $1000+ on this shit. It's like the internet version of the quest for El Dorado.

There's this guy called Sebas Bedoya on youtube who I watched who is a complete retard. And I was like "well if that dummy can get rich doing this shit, then I can". But now I realize he was just playing me and everyone else.

Even his video where he reviews some of his subscribers' websites who followed his method to the letter, I looked all those sites up and they're all long gone. It's really very sad.

I think the only way now to do well selling shirts is to already have a personal brand by gaining a following through social media first, THEN launching merchandise.