[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 116 KB, 500x465, 1535613662642.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11019986 No.11019986 [Reply] [Original]

Undeniably, margin/derivative trading amongst Crypto users is the biggest forming trend right now. Suddenly there are broke people in control of up to 100x their position, thousands of BTC locked and illiquid on some shady site in Seychelles. Influencing the market and triggering artificial trends and bubbles. I wonder how this will play out.

For the past few months we have had the bears at the wheel on Bitmex, in my opinion its a reason for the sharper than ever seen before downturn. But the fact that everyone can take a reliable take a somewhat safe 5-10x position (as large as their Dec/Jan holdings). Might also cause an accelerated reversal *once one happens.

>> No.11019992
File: 7 KB, 228x84, 44566.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

pulled this from another anons post. Doesn't it at the very least make you jelly anon? To be able to make 500%+ in a few hours just by being right on the market movement? Even if you know its risky? Many more normies and gamblers will be drawn to it and unironically spark a bubble while losing money. A good share of them will be lucky and vocal, attracting more more normans.

I can totally see it happen

(and yes, this is a repost from yesterday, few people replied).

>> No.11020100

senpai notice me

>> No.11020116

When there is another bullrun, if you are a us citizen using bitmex they will almost certainly steal your funds. They are turning a blind eye to it now. They know you are using a vpn. But when it’s a financially viable move for them to seize thousands of bitcoins they will.

>> No.11020123

>>11020100

Piss off, why don't you build some tech using blockchain rather than get liquidated constantly scaring normies with volatility to get involved.

Margin trading with leverage on an unregulated asset has to be the most brainlet gambler I've ever heard of

>> No.11020135

>>11020116

Yes, Bitmex is fucking shady, but Binance is working on leverage trading, there is Deribit, there is Bitfinex and several others. When spot trading becomes less and less profitable for exchanges, people will be driven to feed the liquidation engines of exchanges.

>>11020123

> Piss off, why don't you build some tech using blockchain rather than get liquidated constantly scaring normies with volatility to get involved.

Get the fuck off your high horse. We are not creating a technological ark for all of us to get in and drift into a valhalla. We are reinventing the traditional financial system and the way markets work. If you are ignoring chances to make money just because all you care about is tech, you are as retarded.

>> No.11020193

>>11020135
Evolve market. It’s not kyc unlike binance. Imb4 binance isn’t kyc. It is if you aren’t a poor fag

>> No.11020240

>>11020193

thanks. Gotta be honest, I do prefer KYC though. I got fucked on both Poloniex and Bittrex after they went from no KYC to KYC. Locked out my account for months. Eventually all centralized exchanges will require KYC (thats why we need decentralized ones).

>> No.11020250

>>11020240

Heavy Idex user here, decentralized is great except when your paired token is crashing. Been tethered out of ETH now since $230. If DAI becomes more popular hopefully they bring it back as a pair.

>> No.11020591

thread is sagu

>> No.11020699

>>11019986
you're way too late bro, crypto options is the new thing

>> No.11021379

>>11020699

if anything derivatives is still in a adoption of late minority. But you're right, trading true options in Crypto is newer. You'll have a larger playing field but less liquidity. Mex does has futs tho.

>> No.11022392

one last sagu guys