[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 509 KB, 795x991, A WHITE RUNABOUT.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11018618 No.11018618 [Reply] [Original]

I'm 25 years old, work as a cashier at Walgreens, and have been interested on what to do with my money in terms of making more of it from whoever people turn their small cash into big cash.

Where can I learn as someone who knows nothing outside of the boomer meme and maybe some bog stuff.

>> No.11018720

Posts like this make me realize I might make it

>> No.11018733

>>11018720
same. how the fuck are you 25 and working a job meant for 18 year olds

>> No.11018747

>>11018720
>>11018733
College is expensive, I spent the previous six years trying to find retail work, and only last year got it because of my sister.

Plus it's $12/hr thanks to Chicago law so it's not that bad, and I live with my family so I'm not spending it on bills yet.

>> No.11018761

>>11018747
i'm sorry man, you sound like a nice guy but the truth is you're not going to make it. the best chance you have going forward is to try and get a job at costco

>> No.11018770

>>11018747
The economy has been booming for a few years now. If you couldnt find work its on you lazy.

>> No.11018800

>>11018770
I tried alright. I used to send applications, and near the end even went for cold calling in desperation. No one emailed or called back, and the cold calls only had them tell me to do it online, or fuck off.

Don't say I didn't try. What I'm supposed to be some Scientist with no prior work experience at all?

We all gotta start somewhere, I'm just here asking how to get into Stock and shit, turn the couple thousand I've saved from my year of work into more, not get shat on because "Oh wowe ur 25 and work a job below OUR pay-grades". Just give me some intro advice for someone who doesn't know a damn thing about this stuff.

>> No.11018810

>>11018800
start off with google you lazy entitled brat

>> No.11018826

>>11018800
You just want to be spoonfed. Which means you'll probably listen to the first snake oil salesman who crosses your path. If you take one thing away from making this thread it should be DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH

>> No.11018828

>>11018800
If you had any brain cells, you'd be doing your own research on reddit or bogleheads. What do you expect to see on /biz/ aside from people shilling their crypto coins?
Save your pocket change for a 6-month emergency fund.

>> No.11018855

>>11018618
>I'm 25 years old, work as a cashier at Walgreens
unfortunately low IQ people are destined to be poor.
t. jordan peterson

>> No.11018867

>>11018618
You can only make as much money as you have. Even if you made "all the right choices", assuming you can fuck around with 5 grand or so on the market, you'd probably have a 15 grand after taxes, assuming you closed them on long positions and avoided capital gains, over the last 2 years. And keep in mind, this is in hindsight, and nobody can predict the market. Sure, an extra 10 grand over your initial investment is pretty nice, but that's not "big money". That's "pay cash for a decent used car that'll last 4+ years" money, not "get a mortgage in a nice neighborhood" money.

The only surefire way to make money is to make YOURSELF valuable. Investments in other people's ideas and businesses will always have huge risks and downsides, but wages you earn for valuable services will never devalue like a stock will. Get out from your shit cashier job, get some actual capital from learning shit, and then you wouldn't even be asking the question "guyz how makez more monies" on the internet.

>> No.11018928
File: 112 KB, 960x548, tippingpoint.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11018618
its not too late, just buy as much chainlink as you can afford.
smart contracts will be the next big thing, everyone knows this and chainlink plays a major role in the infrastructure that is needed to make the smart contracts a reality. the next bullrun will be the smart contract bullrun.

buy eth, move it to binance and buy LINK, then withdraw and keep on a private wallet where only you know the keys.
read up on ethereum and bitcoin, and how it works, also look into the chainlink whitepaper.
its lots of stuff to learn but it will change your life for the better. also ignore all FUD, good luck!

>> No.11019867

You’re ok OP. 25 is young, but you need to realize the get rich quick schemes are almost always bullshit. Life sucks then you die mkay. You’re not going to be able to successfully invest in anything while being a cashier. Think of a career path you can advance into bc cashier will be automated. We’re all gonna make it bros....yeah...ha

>> No.11019879

>>11018747
>six years trying to find retail work
Where in the fuck do you live?

>> No.11019942

Buy EOS. Download Robinhood. Check out tradingview.com. GLHF