[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 23 KB, 363x550, 1511838755513.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10964355 No.10964355 [Reply] [Original]

People that are fucking buying holochain are so fucking dumb, you literally did 0 research or were not critical against it at all while researching, you deserve to lose your monies.

>So what exactly is Holochain?
>Holochain is a way of building and running
applications using just the devices of the users themselves.
>In a traditional web app architecture, there is always someone in the middle.
>You always have a web server.
>For example, on Facebook, if I want to talk to you, I don’t send a message to you, I send a message to Facebook and then they send it to you.
>This is now an old story people are familiar with.
>Then blockchain came along and said “Ah! We can get rid of the party in the middle… by putting everyone in the middle”.
>Actually, it wasn’t everyone, but just everyone wealthy enough and tech savvy to be able to be in the middle: the group of miners that hold on to the records.
^ problem already solved by newer projects
>The Blockchain strategy was to come up with one truth at the network level.
>We’re trying to do something different. Instead of having a bunch of people, outsiders, holding on to the content, it is just us.
>So if you and I are running a Twitter Holochain, where we each have the program on our device, we don’t need to have anyone else in the middle.
>It could just be the two or three or ten of us or even the whole world.
>What is truly radically different is the ability for the individuals to be able to change how they are coordinating or extend what they do without having to get everyone in the space to agree to that change.

Basically holoshit. No global consensus, no real database, no global currency, just you hoarding your and your friends twitter messages. USELESS

>> No.10964378

thanks sold 100k

>> No.10964526

>>10964355
its obvious pajeet shill

>I THINK THAT HOLOCHAIN SUCKS!

>> No.10964540
File: 189 KB, 475x390, 82B79DFA-0894-4B40-B059-3C5BD50C9BD0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10964355
Say that to my fucking face op and not online

>> No.10964549

>>10964540
would love to see this dyke put on a strap on and fuck

>> No.10964616

>>10964526
Since the transaction history is in a DHT, it means that no one can actually audit the history because DHT will faill consistently on 2% of the data items in a adversarial situation.

Holochain has no chain. And no supply cap. And no automatic dispute resolution procedure (consensus).

It would be better to just use a network of webservers passing IOUs for monopoly money. It would be simplier and work better.

Holochain would function better if they used a currency like Bitcoin, instead of holo. It would simplify everything and make sense.

There does not appear to be a reason for holofuel to exist.

If holo was implemented as described in the white paper and actually worked, the nodes would be exit scamming left and right.

You just run a service and then bots to use your services, running on your own nodes. Then you dump the holo fuel. Or you build up reputation and credit and then exit scam by withdrawling all your fuel and dumping it for bitcoin.