[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 146 KB, 650x975, REAL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10929983 No.10929983 [Reply] [Original]

Hi /biz/ faggots, I've been lurking for a little over a month now and come from /pol/ the true intellectual board for 4chan. The quality of threads here are complete garbage and you're lucky if a thread gets 15 replies with one person commenting who actually sounds knowledgeable. The only decent threads always seems to be /smg/.

I'm not a wagie by any means, I'm in my late twenties, upper six figure income working in Manhattan but I want to start investing and I don't want to get into the stock market because only insider traders and people who waste their lives looking at graphs and data get rich there. I want to get rich via crypto.

The point of this thread is to have a legitimate discussion about the best current cryptos and those up and coming with 10x-100x gains. I want legitimate answers and thought out replies, you can shove your LINK $1000 EOY up your ass because that's not advice, that's meme speculation.

If you can't respond telling me a crypto to invest in with at least a few sentences of information and logic to back it up just neck yourself. Same applies to unpopular opinions on here that most anons seem to disregard, I want to know the good and bad.

The only thing I'm certain I will invest in is Conventment when I hear back on presale.

>inb4 this thread is garbage and I get no replies because sub 90 IQ brainlets and pajeets can't justify an investment

>> No.10929995

1% Bitcoin
99% Quant network

>> No.10930019

>>10929995
>If you can't respond telling me a crypto to invest in with at least a few sentences of information and logic to back it up just neck yourself

>> No.10930023

Right now look at ONT, ICX, Nano, and maybe ZIL. I'd put the bulk of that into ICX or Nano and maybe 5-8% into ZIL.

>> No.10930038

>>10930023
Jesus fucking Christ
>If you can't respond telling me a crypto to invest in with at least a few sentences of information and logic to back it up just neck yourself.

>> No.10930042
File: 8 KB, 480x470, 1529792455112.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

lurk more faggot

then buy link

>> No.10930050

Do you have a plan to cash out?

>> No.10930056
File: 80 KB, 733x543, x9.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10929983
Consider Stakenet. Used to be PoSW Coin. They did a rebrand and coin swap in May. First to market with "trustless" proof of stake. I get staking rewards rather frequently whether my computer is on or off. No need to keep the wallet open 24/7. They had an executive director from JP Morgan join on as an advisor back in June and made the news on Nasdaq.com because of it. Their online staking service is active and growing (ideal for smaller stacks).

They plan on introducing cross chain proof of stake soon (i.e. stake XSN, get staking rewards in PIVX, Stratis, etc).

More importantly, it is currently floating around 20 cents due to some technical difficulties with a wallet upgrade and the exchanges. It hit 88 cents or so before the exchange even launched and went above $1 when it was still PoSW during the last bullrun.

They have their own hardware department and roughly 38 full-time employees. They're quite gung ho on being the first "trustless bank".

It has a lot of promise and potential to say the least. At the very least, now would be a good time to keep an eye on the price. I can't guarantee if it will go any lower or not, but I do see it going a lot higher in the near-future.

Pic related is from the update they released yesterday.

>> No.10930060

>>10930042
>If you can't respond telling me a crypto to invest in with at least a few sentences of information and logic to back it up just neck yourself.

Three back to back sub 90 IQ brainlets

>> No.10930061

>>10929983
hi, you seem like a swell guy so here are the best crypto coin tickers:
xrp
mobius
nano

good luck and welcome to you

>> No.10930062

>>10930038
>Implying I'm going to do the work for you

I gave you good coins, do YOUR OWN fucking research to make your decision.

>> No.10930070

>>10929983

You decide. Here's some data:

http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/ethereum-is-doomed/

http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/the-coming-demise-of-altcoins/

http://woobull.com/data-visualisation-118-coins-plotted-over-time-this-is-why-hodl-alt-coin-indexes-dont-work/

http://woobull.com/crypto-currency-index-funds-the-simulations-have-surprising-results/

https://medium.com/@StopAndDecrypt/the-ethereum-blockchain-size-has-exceeded-1tb-and-yes-its-an-issue-2b650b5f4f62

https://twitter.com/Excellion/status/1034306160369651714

If you have decent PC, I also recommend to you, to whatever you think you're going to invest in, try to run a full-node of that coin. Not a miner, a full-node, i.e. fully-validating node. Nothing pruned, or sharded or any BS.

Why?

Because the only value proposition a decentralized network like all these crypto-currencies have, is being censorship resistant and immutable. And both require the highest possible degree of decentralization.

You'll find yourself in one of these scenarios, if you're running a node:

A) The node runs and the network is used. Block are full and it hums along nicely. Bitcoin is such a network. It's working and stable.

B) The node runs, but the network is hardly used. The blocks are almost empty. Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash are such networks. It's working, but it's stability is in question, since it's not getting used to its fullest extend (and no, BCH-shills, a stress test over a few days doesn't simulate that. This takes a lot of time.)

C) You won't get the node running. It's impossible to sync up. The network isn't fully functional. It's only a matter of time until it's fully centralized, as nodes over time go offline and new nodes seldomly join. Ethereum, and as a consequence all ICO's on-top of Ethereum, is such a network.

>> No.10930094

>>10929983
Anon Im going to give you the best advice of your life, fuck that LINK shit and whatever that stupid garbage you recommended was.
Buy 0xBitcoin and Holo ans retire a millionaire

>> No.10930128

>>10930062
What work are you even doing for me?
>logical advice with an argument =//= work

>>10930061
Like the above mentioned responses, why? Does no one here besides this guy >>10930056
know how to read?

>>10930056
What is a good source of information to stay up to date on this type of crypto information? I appreciate the thoughtful reply and information. I'm not familiar with the terminology you've used ie "They plan on introducing cross chain proof of stake soon (i.e. stake XSN, get staking rewards in PIVX, Stratis, etc)." so if you could explain I would appreciate it. What would you say are some determining factors when thinking about investing in something besides practicability as a product or tech? What are some things are indicators to stay away?

>> No.10930130 [DELETED] 

>>10929983
> Upper 6 figure income (I assume this means at least 600k?)
> Hasn’t invested in stock
> Only has 50k to invest
> Thinks you have to be an insider and/or spend a lot of time to do well in the stock market
Either a shitty larp or you’re terrible with money. Doubt you make more than 200k. Guys like you who don’t have the time/brains to look at data and do their own research shouldn’t be investing in small cap cryptos. Just allocate like 0-10% of your overall investments to a diversified portfolio of the top 20 (or so) coins weighed by market cap.

>> No.10930131

>>10929995

There are many ways you can proceed, what do you gno about the crypto space? How long do you want to hold? What time-frames are we looking at?

>>10929995
Unironically, this. Meta-blockchain layer with crazy connections, including the founder of the blockchain ISO standar TC307. Copied from the telegram:

"-China Ministry of Commerce
-India Government of Andra Pradesh
-USA Dept of Homeland Security
-Armenian Ministry of Technology
-Germany Hamburg University

Dont forget Gilberts previous employment at UK and Australian governments. And Paolo is blockchain advisor to EU Parliament and United Nations too.

And thats not including the Forbes500 and FTSE100 companies yet to be confirmed..."

>> No.10930184

>>10930128
kinda takes too long to explain it all, but really ive done a ton of research
these are sure things, just buy em and relax man, you seem cool

>> No.10930215

>>10929983
> Upper 6 figure income (I assume this means at least 600k?)
> Hasn’t invested in stocks in his late twenties
> Only has 50k to invest
> Thinks you have to be an insider and/or spend a lot of time to do well in the stock market
> Thinks he’ll be successful at picking out cryptos based on 4chan advise
Either a shitty larp or you’re terrible with money. Guys like you who don’t have the time to look at data/ do their own research shouldn’t be investing in specific cryptos. Just allocate like 0-10% of your overall investments to a diversified portfolio of the top 20 (or so) coins weighed by market cap. Put the rest in real estate/ bonds/ stock ETFs. Despite what people on here think/say, having a higher expected return than the market is by no means easy in crypto (much like the stock market).

>> No.10930234

>>10930070
I will look into those links and thanks for the information. I'm not well versed in crypto and was reading about nodes yesterday, which was a main concern of people looking into LINK.

>>10930094
I have heard about holo and I will look into myself. But why are you suggesting it and what kind of returns are you imagining? What makes holo practical that if I buy 50-100k shares it will make me a millionaire? Same explanation about 0xBitcoin would be appreciated. I don't even know the difference between Bitcoin and Bitcoincash yet, so you probably think I'm an idiot in crpyto regards.

>>10930130
I should have worded that differently, I make just under 200k a year before taxes. I'm 27 which is why I only have 50k to invest after paying of student loan debt and a lot of traveling as i have unlimited PTO. I would agree with you and say I haven't used my money as wisely as I should until the past year. It's not that I'm by an means lazy but there is a shit ton of information out there about this tech and you have people saying one this is amazing and another saying it's worthless. Tell me how someone doesn't need to spend a lot of time doing research in the market to make a good investment? I actually wasn't aware you could put money into crypto portfolios.

>> No.10930268

>>10930184
Well I appreciate the sincerity at least. What are some goods sites / avenues to do research about the coins you suggested? With all the research you've done, what is the #1 crpyto you would say to pay attention to?

>> No.10930270

>>10929983
Well, link aims to solve the oracle problem, which is for a smart contract to use real world data as executable inputs they need to get on the blockchain by whats called an oracle. Unfortunately, all current ones are centralized which means they are an extreme liability for business adoption. In essence, decentralize the oracles and businesses can actually use smart contracts to increase efficiency. 1k eoy might be a meme, but the use case for link is not.

Other than that, monero is probably the most undervalued crypto. It's private by default, which is more important the larger your time frame is. No one want people snooping around their finances in general, but the psudoanonimity of bitcoin is enough for most people. However, using a public ledger could be a liability for corporations who don't want their competitors being privy to all their transactions.

Dapp coins like eth and neo are worth looking into, as are exchange tokens that pay dividends. Basically anything that has a legitimate use case and/or a working product are a good buy imo.

>> No.10930300

>>10930234

>I will look into those links and thanks for the information. I'm not well versed in crypto and was reading about nodes yesterday, which was a main concern of people looking into LINK.

You're welcome. I hope you decide on only buying Bitcoin. If you buy Bitcoin, (100% or not), you also should learn about cold storage.

Naturally, I'm "the bitcoin guy" for a lot of people and when they ask me if they should buy, I can only tell them, that I don't know either what the price is going to be in a year or two.

But I can guarantee them, that whatever bitcoin they own, is theirs. There won't be any meddling with the supply (like with Ethereum just recently), no rewinding of the blockchian (like with Ethereum), no giant stash of coins held by company or foundation (like with Ethereum and Ripple) etc.

What's yours, is yours. Forever.

But to capitalize on this fact, you must hold your bitcoin in your own wallet. Preferably in cold storage.

Bitcoin is the hardest money ever invented by mankind. That's the killer app. I don't know why all these brainlets are running around with a hardon for all the buzzword bullshit coins that get releases every 5 minutes.

>> No.10930316

>>10930215
See >>10930234
You're right that I don't really have the time to do all this research myself, hence the creation of this thread after a month of lurking. You seem to have given sound advice, I just don't trust the volatility of the stock market in relation to the future of the US. I know you can make money shorting and can come out on top during a collapse, I'm just not knowledgeable about that type of trading.

>> No.10930326

>>10930234
Deleted my comment and wrote a new one. Sorry if it came across as a bit rude. I’d recommend that you invest in a broad portfolio of the big cryptos and perhaps pick a couple of “moonshots” that you really like if you don’t have hundreds of hours to do research and look at data (wouldn’t blame you). Crypto is less competitive than the stock market, but it’s still highly competitive. Also, there’s a lot more insider trading than in the stock market.

>> No.10930331

>>10929983
Also
>Investing in Conventment
Jesus Christ, help this poor child with their decision-making.

>> No.10930349

>>10929983
Since you're from /pol/ I want you to stay poor. So whatever you do. Never EVER buy link.

>> No.10930357

>>10930270
I have read that the main concern with ChainLink is that people will be able to create their own oracles for decentralization of their current crypto. I could be wrong but I thought that was the main concern, if so wouldn't that essentially make it worthless if everyone can eventually end up doing that as well?

>> No.10930370

>>10930316
The best strategy for 95%+ of stock market participants is passive investing, i.e. just buying a diversified portfolio and/or stock ETFs and not trying to time the market. Don’t fool yourself into thing you can time the stock market (and neither can I, anyone else in this thread or Warren Buffet). In the long you can expected 7-10% nominal returns. If you’re risk averse the allocate some of it to bonds (lower risk, lower expected return).

>> No.10930385

Constellation $DAG is my pick, full disclosure I've gone all in.

>8m Market cap

>Part of the reason why its so low is because a presale investor dumped because the team wouldnt provide him with inside info

>The team members are individually top notch and cover every aspect you could think of, from tech, to business, to marketing, to community management

>CEO of hello kitty is an advisor (""We had one of our key advisors, Rehito (Ray) Hatoyama, present for us on innovation, globalization of a multi-billion dollar brand, and governance. Ray was the past CEO of Sanrio (holding company of Hello Kitty) and was responsible for taking them from $300m market cap to $6.5b. Ray is playing a vital role on how we approach our go to market strategy for the next year."

>Here are somegreat reads about the project:
http://spec-rationality.com/constellation/
https://nulltx.com/what-is-constellation-cryptocurrency/
https://cryptovest.com/news/constellation-labs-blockchain-projects-in-big-danger-of-creating-a-plutocracy/
https://medium.com/@SummitNetwork/solving-blockchain-scalability-with-constellation-labs-271186b34057

>Testnet is live
• Open source code released
• Silicon Valley venture capital backing the project.
• One of the best teams I’ve seen since ive started crypto in terms of transparency and communication with its investors.
• You can turn any centralized app, decentralized with five lines of code on the constellation platform.
• Constellation is one of the few, if not the only one with open Source code as a DAG.
• DAG thats unlimited horizontally scalable.
• Runs smartcontracts as microservices

NEW WHITEPAPER COMES OUT TODAY

>> No.10930395
File: 1.72 MB, 675x900, 3A5F08D5-34DD-4A41-88D3-DB0A7CE8D872.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10929983
>>10929983
I was about to give my advice but I have no say here. You aren’t retarded and you know exactly what you’re doing.

>> No.10930397

>>10930385
(CONT)
What is a DAG you may ask?
DAG is a directed graph data structure that uses a topological ordering. The sequence can only go from earlier to later. DAG is often applied to problems related to data processing, scheduling, finding the best route in navigation, and data compression.
Other DAG Platforms Market Caps for comparison.

iota - 1.5 bn
hashgraph - 2 bn
dfinity - 800 mill
byteball - 300 mill
nano - 235 mill
rchain - 150 mill
taraxa - 100 mill
holochain - 250 mill
fantom - 40 mill
constellation - 8 mill

>> No.10930409

>>10930397
holo is 150m my bad >>10929983

>> No.10930417

>>10930357
You're right, but that problem is solved by reputation and consensus. You have to put link tokens up as collateral that you can lose for giving false info. I could make 1000 oracles, but wrong info will inevitably bankrupt me and make people less likely to trust my oracles in the future.

>> No.10930423

>>10930331

https://denverweed.com/conventments-upcoming-b2b-iot-platform-potential-streamline-colorados-cannabis-industry/

https://medium.com/@blockchainers/conventment-could-breathe-new-life-into-ethereum-d54ed262aa88

Conventment is looking good.

>> No.10930462

>>10930326
I call out larps and am rude to people all the time as I come from /pol/ so no worries it's understandable. I figured with the information I've learned this week there is insider trading with cypto, to be honest with you I'm hoping for that stroke of luck of buying 100k shares of something at sub 50c and selling at a moon.

You mentioned a broad range portfolio but it seems off to invest in up to 20 cryptos, any starting suggestions? 5-10 seems reasonable with the time I have unless I quite my job and go in on crypto but I'll be making more every year I work so it's kind of hard to leave when I know i have guaranteed income especially when I only work 50 hours a week at max, usually 40-45.

>>10930349
>implying I'm poor
I hope you choke on your gallon of cum you drink this week you sub 90 IQ faggot. Fuck your LINK meme with no argument.

>> No.10930471

>>10930331
Explain how it's not a good investment? You seem to have trouble reading.
>If you can't respond telling me a crypto to invest in with at least a few sentences of information and logic to back it up just neck yourself

>> No.10930486
File: 14 KB, 512x288, images (22).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Constellation $DAG is what your looking for.

Horizontally scaling, mobile centric DAG chain with smart contracts.

Its mother fucking Blockchain 3.0

Team is fooking smart af, ex CEO of Hello Kitty advisor on board and the idea itself is the tits.

This is your 100x money shot homie, buy a fat stack and thank me in a year.

Peace

>> No.10930500

>>10930462
All in constellation,
the fud that is going around is that the supply is held mostly by the team, which is true, but they are thinking about doing a token burn and the tokens are vested.
Another fud that is going around is that the code review done by andre cronje was viewed as "decent" when I know for a fact that he is paid off by teams.
More fud is that the team abandoned their last project Rakugo, they were trying to build it but ran into ethereums scalability issues and decided to make their own solution. All ETH for rakugo was refunded or the investors were given the option to invest in constellation

>> No.10930509

>>10930370
That's comparable to a Roth IRA really. My Roth IRA coupled with a diversified crypto portfolio could yield 14-20% which is really fucking solid, retire at 45-50 with those numbers. Too bad I want to retire at 35 with expendable wealth lol. Thanks for the advice I appreciate your sincere replies.

What are your thoughts on holo, XRP and QASH?

>> No.10930515
File: 576 KB, 503x746, bogsminem.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10929983
>spoon feed me months of research because I'm so special, and if you don't then you're 90 IQ and you should neck yourself

Kek, take it nice and easy friend.

>> No.10930516

>>10929983
Can you explain what this conventment is?

>> No.10930524

>>10930050
Is it really that difficult to cash out?

>> No.10930542

>>10930423

Honestly look in a mirror and ask yourself if some random ICO that anyone can make a PR post about is going to "breathe new life into ethereum" when cryptokitties brings the entire network down. Shills gonna shill.

>> No.10930549

>>10930542
this.
Ethereum is dead unless they fix the scalability issue.

>> No.10930550

>>10930128
In terms of being up to date?
Crypto-specific Discords are useful for "thumb on the pulse" updates. They usually have a specific channel for announcements. Crypto-specific subreddits and bitcointalk ANNs are a slightly more latent, but substantial means of staying updated.

Cross Chain Proof of Stake builds upon the Proof of Stake algorithm which many coins have utilized to achieve distributed consensus for their blockchains since 2012. This technology was developed in response to the drawbacks of mining.

Stacks of coins are "staked". It works very much like interest on deposits. The more coins you stake, the more staking rewards you receive.

One of the drawbacks that staking has had for a long time is that it is "hot". The wallet you are staking from has to be open all the time, you have to leave your computer on and leave the wallet running 24/7.

PoSW Coin initially sought to remedy this inconvenience with its old online staking service (PoSW Exchange). In the first half of 2017, the service it had allowed the staking of dozens of coins for a small fee.

Many of these coins were shitcoins and subject to pump and dumps and it ultimately proved to be bad for the value of PoSW Coin itself. They began delisting everything. For the second half of 2017, the only coin remaining on the site was PoSW Coin itself. They began focusing on "cold-staking" from a Ledger wallet.

It was around December 2017 that they decided to rebrand to Stakenet. Their approach to which coins they are allowing on their new cloud staking service is much more cautious. Trustless Proof of Stake allows coins to be staked 24/7 whether your computer is on or off.

Let's say you have some PIVX and don't feel like keeping your wallet open and computer on 24/7. You can deposit your stack on their online staking service, stake it/secure the PIVX network, and receive staking rewards in the form of XSN, Stratis, Dash, etc.

>> No.10930555

>>10929983

/biz/ is a shit board gookmoot should just nuke. Buy monero.

>> No.10930560

>>10930385
Thank you for this information. Are you invested in anything else? This might seem stupid but I think a big determining factor for whether a crypto will moon is who they're partnered with / brining in house. Having advisors / board members from large international corporations like that speaks volumes to me, if they see potential why shouldn't we?

This correlates to LINK being partnered with SWIFT too even though there is a legitimate qualm with the crypto.

>> No.10930575

I would highly recommend DAG, the team is very very solid and responsive to the community. They have a lot of things going on behind the scenes and most developers who looked in to it really like their concept. They just posted their new whitepaper just a few minutes ago on their TG. You should check it out.

>> No.10930578
File: 34 KB, 450x337, d4ec5083c6dcf5646fbef497a48689ba47fac475cb3b79b96f674d43dc6799a6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10929983
>Jewyorker on /pol/
>I'm not a wagie by any means
>upper six figure income waging

>> No.10930582

>>10930417
See I don't know what you men by reputation and consensus unless these terms are to be taken literally. How does wrong info ruin an oracle? I know the purpose of the oracle, but how can you put "bad info" into it that would make people lose trust in it?

>> No.10930589

>>10930560
I have some ICOs ive done in presale, but all other liquidity is in DAG. And yea me too, this advisors credibility is on the line. Do you think he would be affiliated with a scam? All the people saying this is a scam are deluded or haven't done any research.

>> No.10930594

>>10930395
>>10930423
Glad to see someone else knows the potential here. I hate the DUUUUDE WEED meme but it's fucking big business and anyone who doesn't want to get into it is an idiot. A company create a product that makes it easier for weed business to do business seems like a no brainer.

>> No.10930603
File: 55 KB, 1123x945, 1524137306862.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10929983
Buy cannabis stocks not goddamn e-chuck e cheese tokens

>> No.10930604

Link is a meme is a meme. If you have been lurking for a while you should know why biz is obsessed with it but will not spoonfeed you. It's been endlessly discussed and the collective consensus has been reached. Do your own research, there's an archive available if you want to read old threads. What problem is it trying to solve, which markets is it targeting, who is the team, who are their customers and partners. EOY is a meme but x1000 potential is very real. If you're from pol you should notice a pattern around link similar to what happened with Trump. The sheer volume of meme shit dominating the board is indicative of a strong collective sentiment.

>> No.10930607

I apologize for the slow replies although maybe people on this board are used to that. Trying to respond to everyone, even the faggots.

>> No.10930628

>>10930589
This could be applied to the same argument against chainlink. People say it's a meme but they have some solid partnerships. What do you think about that crypto?

>> No.10930636

>>10930555
I've looked into Monero myself and it does seem really practical. Have you read this article?

https://www.ccn.com/monero-headed-to-18k-ripple-price-primed-for-97-crash-research/

Seems ridiculous it could get that high, the same as Bitcoin but I'm new to crypto so wtf do I know? Not much lol

>> No.10930642

>>10930234
>But why are you suggesting it
Because you sound like a faggot and I want you to lose your ass on shitcoins kek

>> No.10930644

>>10930516
I'm new to crpyto so I probably won't explain it the best so here is their website - https://www.conventment.com/

>> No.10930652

>>10930549
Explain the scalability issue please, how did it get popular in the first place if it doesn't have the capability to scale? What purpose / vertical does it serve right now?

>> No.10930668

>>10930628
Speaking of which, new WP just came out.

MOBI Consortium Partnership
https://www.ibm.com/blogs/blockchain/2018/06/introducing-mobi-the-mobility-open-blockchain-initiative/

In conjunction to building our own channels and funnels for adoption, Constellation will be selectively
working with several consortiums that will enable us to expand our network, build trust within
established conversations around DLT and enterprise adoption, flush out industry-specific use cases, and
allow us to become thought leaders in various industries.
The first consortium we have been accepted into is an exclusive group in the San Francisco Bay Area,
called MOBI. MOBI is a nonprofit organization working with forward-thinking companies, governments,
and NGOs to make mobility services more efficient, affordable, greener, safer, and less congested by
promoting standards and accelerating adoption of Blockchain, distributed ledger, and related
technologies.

>> No.10930687
File: 360 KB, 1364x746, Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 11.17.27 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10930668

>> No.10930691

>>10930550
Honestly thanks for this thoughtful reply, you're awesome I appreciate you making this a good thread. Not many people here want to take the time to explain something to someone. I will be looking into this. Cheers.

Seems like a worthwhile thing to look into as I'm sure most people don't want to keep their wallet and computer on 24/7.

>> No.10930710

>>10930603
What are you even doing here then? Weed companies can only be so big as they will lose business when trying to compete against local markets out of state in the US. The only national companies might be tobacco companies that want to get in the game who can sell their product in liquor stores etc across the country.

>> No.10930729

>>10930652
https://medium.com/coinmonks/understanding-ethereum-pertinent-problems-scalability-and-possible-solutions-eb4fec0405be

this explains it better than I could.

>> No.10930739

>>10930604
I agree with you meme collective sentiment and it seems like a good crypto, it has one solid issue and the only argument against it seems to be reputation and consensus as another anon here pointed out. I will invest in LINK more than likely, I doubt it will ever drop below 20c so at worse if I buy in now or in the near future I'll lose 30% of m investment which isn't all that bad really.

>> No.10930741

Asking for help in this is just dumb. The market as a whole is growing rapidly. No one can say how it will go in the future. Buying anything right now is more gambling/speculation than investing. Anyone you ask is going to shill something because they have a stake in it or some other motive. Most projects have legitimate ideas but who really knows who is going to pan out. Just buy something based on your own judgement and sense. Try to enjoy this rollercoaster of a market.

also KYS

>> No.10930751
File: 615 KB, 600x600, hyc_Monero.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10930636
Monero is the real bitcoin. It is fungible while bitcoin is not and never will be. Bitcoin can't be money. Besides Bitcoin, Monero also has the biggest grassroots movement backing it (not just retarded bagholders). Monero has the support of all the smartest people in the space. When smart people enter the space they are attracted to Monero because it is the best.

Pic related: Guy who wrote the software for space shuttle communications now works on Monero because that's what he wants to do with his time. Monero uses the fastest database in the world, written by this guy. That's pretty important because blockchains are basiccally glorified databases.

>> No.10930764

>>10930486
>>10930500
Both of you suggested this and I have seen others. I will look into those and appreciate the responses. It makes sense they would abandon that project if what it was built on had issues in meeting the demands of their idea.

>> No.10930778

>>10930515
Kill yourself you fucking worthless worm.
>t. sub 90 IQ faggot that can't take 2 minutes to type out a thoughtful response

A literal nigge

>> No.10930794

>>10930578
>implying i'm a kike and wagecuck

Sorry I make more money than you and fucked every girl you thought about in high school in college. Incel faggot.

>> No.10930828

>>10930582
They're literal terms that refer to technical aspects of the project. There's coding behind it and different ways to achieve them, but for all intents and purposes reputation and consensus are exactly what they sound like.

Bad info would ruin the reputation of the oracle because it's a matter of trustworthyness. If I have a smart contract that will sell all of my stock in Apple when the price is $200/share and your oracle falsely triggered the sale at $150, I would lose a lot of money. Hence why decentralization is paramount. Your oracle might say the price is $200, but if 10 others say it is still $150 it will protect me from bad actors. As for how specifically one inputs false data, I don't know, but I'm sure that it is not impossibly difficult to figure out how to do if you want to do more research.

The problem with the above is that truth is not a democracy, so how do you prevent someone from making 1000 fake oracles to control the consensus? By making it financially unfeasible to do so. If you have to stake some portion of the contracts value as collateral, the risk would far outweigh the potential reward. This doesn't entirely rule out the possibility of a sybil attack, but they will become increasingly unlikely the more valid contracts an oracle completes.

>> No.10930838

>>10930642
Whether I lose money on them or not I will always have more money than you. Stay mad you incel perma virgin neckbeard faggot.

>> No.10930847

>>10930582
Let's say your smart contract is a bet on a football game which will automatically deliver the payout based on a data feed. Various sources like NFL.Com or footballresults.com would be used to provide the data. But NFL.Com gets hacked and sends wrong data, or goes offline, or a node is tempered with, etc. Consensus method means it could aggregate data from multiple sources and reach a consensus on the real results.

Reputation system chainlink is implementing is a sort of ranking system where a node wins good boys points when it delivers good services and good info, and the opposite in case of poor behavior like downtime etc. So NFL.com or banks or whichever could set up their own nodes but the chainlink network would let all of the nodes compete with each other and only select the best nodes for specific jobs, neets are equal to banks and it's a pure meritocracy. Which is why getting in first will be very important.

At least that's my understanding. Other anons will probably correct me.

>> No.10930855

>>10930668
>>10930838
hey OP see this, they just announced a real world partnership.

>> No.10930857

>>10930794
Good one faggot. While you're on here getting upset and calling people niggers because they sensibly won't spoonfeed you, I've already made it through crypto (you're late faggot) and do whatever I like while you wage for Nosenberg.

>> No.10930864

>>10930741
>sub 90 IQ incel perma virgin faggot with less than 50k in his bank account

Your life is worthless like your portfolio.

>> No.10930887

>>10930751
I've noticed that the cryptos that have legit people developing for them or have greta advisors or partners seem to be very solid prospects for investment. Will definitely be buying at least 100.

>> No.10930933

>>10930857
You haven't made shit you fucking 5'9 ugly manlet faggot. Post your portfolio and blow me the fuck out and I'll admit I'm the faggot.
>spoonfeed
Sorry I've done something with my life and have contributed more to society than you ever will. Stay in your basement jerking off to cartoons like a mentally ill faggot where you belong since i'm sure everyone in your life hates you. I take vacations and fuck 3 girls at once in the Greek isles while blowing coke of their tits while you set in your moms basement wishing someone would call you to hangout. Asphyxiate yourself.

>> No.10930948

>>10930668
>>10930687
Partnerships and advisors from legit global corporations seem to be good indicators of a cryptos potential. I assume you're getting in on this if you haven't already?

>> No.10930952
File: 171 KB, 800x1132, Dfju6SfXkAEgaVJ.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10930691
You're welcome. I hope your cryptocurrency endeavors are fruitful.

>> No.10930955

>>10930948
Im all in m8

>> No.10930983
File: 66 KB, 963x1024, elGwJpL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10930933
Says the fag on /pol/ go home you wanna be lambofag

>> No.10930994

>>10929983
>I'm not a wagie by any means, >I'm in my late twenties, upper six figure income working in Manhattan

Sounds like a wagie to me

>> No.10930997
File: 159 KB, 960x850, 1517974287379.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10930933

>> No.10931002
File: 7 KB, 230x219, 1534278387740.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10930983
Mutts and dregs always hate those better and more successful than themselves. Life isn't fair, sucks to suck you weren't born a chad doesn't it?

>> No.10931030
File: 34 KB, 324x324, 1534270466577.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10930997
You made one good response then had to ruin it with your smug assumptions.

>> No.10931039

another one of these shitty post? what is this... a trick to see what everyone is currently schilling? to see what the current buzz is in the crypto world? this shitty post gets posted every day....
>i have XXXk to invest
go to a fucking bank if you have that much money to invest. why are you here on /biz/? you will surely lose it all here.
is this the samefag posting this shit? more proof that /biz/ is like 20 people selling each other their bags. never change.

>> No.10931040

>>10930952
You as well.

>>10930955
Well best of luck to you and I hope we are both successful as I will be buying some shares for sure.

>> No.10931054

>>10931039
>go the the fucking (((bank)))
>the literal institutions run by shekleberg that fuck you over and offer minimal gains

Kill yourself you fucking loser who posted this garbage before reading any of the responses .

>> No.10931101

>>10931030
You'd think someone as successful as yourself who's spent some time on /pol/ wouldn't be so sensitive. I think you've got great value out of me this thread.

>> No.10931210

>>10931101
If you've spent any time on /pol/ you should be more than aware that being civil with people who do no reciprocate should be dealt with in the same demeanor they present. It is hardly worth ones time to write a respectful reply.

>> No.10931243

>>10931039
Welcome to biz newfag. Here's a hint, read through op's post and see if they mention any weird shitcoins.

>> No.10931375

>>10931210
I've been nothing but polite (in an image board kind of way). Let me ask more directly so you don't miss the point and get triggered. Are you or are you not a wagie?

>> No.10931403
File: 2.72 MB, 601x1177, 00.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10930462
Nigger if you don't want to read the whitepaper then smd and go back to your faggy yuppie life

>> No.10931437

DAG Constellation
Thank me later

>> No.10931552

>>10931375
>nothing but polite
>evidently forgets the first post he made in this thread

Nice selective memory, don't tell me I'm the one who's triggered because I tell you you're acting like a faggot.

>> No.10931559

>>10931403
Nice argument you fucking namefaggot neet incel perma virgin manlet

>> No.10931690
File: 476 KB, 188x174, 1425192249850.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10929983

Guys, I wanna learn everything, and I mean EVERYTHING about Cryptocurrency during this coming week, since I'm a brainlet on this subjet.
I wanna learn everything about:
-Crypto coins
-minning
-trading
-wallets
-fiat/eoy/fud/smartcontracts/shill/ICO/node/hash/ etc etc etc.
Which sources/pages do you guys recommend me to become a pro??

>> No.10931805

>>10929983
there are certainly only a few options for great coins/tokens. For a token to thrive on upcoming regulatory actions of governments, one of the best pick is Formosa Financial. It's forming its platform with best interest of token holders in mind ( partnering with best hardware storage solution and web-based custodial services thus far ) and meeting all legal reqts to operate globally. This interview is info-packed about Formosa
https://international.thenewslens.com/article/101358

>> No.10931974

>>10931552
I forgot nothing. You forgot that you're a wagie.
Pointing out your mistakes (>>10930994) helps you avoid future embarrassment. No need to be upset about it when you're anonymous.

>> No.10932036

100% XMR and you'll definitely make it

>> No.10932202

>>10929983

>>10928216

>> No.10932283
File: 277 KB, 516x279, 1534982058467.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10929983
>>10931690
>I can't even use google. Spoon feed me because i'm a brainlet
what a shitty fucking thread

>> No.10932291

>>10929983
10x probably a few contenders, but 100x you'll have to risk your shit. I'd bet on Dero. Originally a fork of Monero, but by now Monero are the ones copying Dero, and failing to do so at sufficient speed to keep up. Their devs have been stunningly productive. Private, DAG, smart contracts - low as fuck mc. They are about to explode.

>> No.10932373

>The quality of threads here are complete garbage and you're lucky if a thread gets 15 replies with one person commenting who actually sounds knowledgeable.
Are you talking about /pol/?

>> No.10932374

>>10929983
$1k in LINK today
$2k every month into BTC and XMR. 90/10

>> No.10932389

>>10931559
you almost got to learn all the 2018insults of this board, grats buddy. now go back to facebook

>> No.10932430

>>10930560
oh god bro, from somebody that works as a VC - just read about TRX lmao

>> No.10932442

>>10929983
HOLO, BABB, HYDRO, DAG, LINK, XMR

too lazy to justify, it's not like i care if you buy anyway

>>10930933
>in the Greek isles

damn, i'm a greekbro, next time you're around hmu let's do hookers and blow together.

>>10932373
>monero is copying dero

lmao, nobody besides 10 pajeets on here even knows what dero is.

>> No.10932503

>>10929983
15k btc
15k ETH
10 k XMR
Then 2 k each in the best shilled coins in this thread.

My shill? FYP.
1 million mcap
Half of the profits of the instant exchange Flyp.me gets forwarded to you.
Currently small fish but the pond is big.
Instant exchanges probably have a yearly volume of 20 billion and a margin of 0.5%. Thats a profit of 100 million laying around. Assign any decent market share to Flyp.me and slap a P/E ratio on the token that represents a growth stock and you have yourself a 100 bagger, a 1000 bagger or more.

>> No.10932986

>>10931974
You forgot I make more money and have more money than you. Don't need to gaslight about it like a poorfag.

>> No.10932989

>>10932389
No this shit board with retarded community of people who larp as wealthy men when in actuality .01% of the people here know what they're talking about.

>> No.10933004

>>10930070
t. Kevin Pham

>> No.10933016

>>10929983
2 way split
LINK/XLM

>> No.10933221
File: 43 KB, 284x402, 1515703455760.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ICX has the most favorable risk/reward ratio I can think of in this entire market, while it is possible to get higher returns if you make the right bet on shitcoin roulette this is pretty much the most reliable bet you can make in my opinion if you want high potential upside coupled with a risk profile very much on the low end of things as far as crypto is concerned.

Some links to get you started:
https://medium.com/blockhack-research/the-icon-report-part-1-icon-facts-commentary-fdcc45609b18
https://medium.com/blockhack-research/the-comprehensive-icon-report-part-2-icx-token-utility-valuation-d2626f9f3cbd
https://spec-rationality.com/icon/

'Dayli Financial Group (DFG): DFG is the parent company of theloop, DAVinci and ICON, it is one of the largest fintech companies in Asia with 16+ companies under its corporate umbrella. It sheer size and influence in Korea and Asia plays a critical role in backing up ICON’s partnerships development in the blockchain space. This already places ICON in a rarified space within the cryptoverse, where even projects with no significant real world affiliation are capable of achieving valuations in the hundreds of millions.

Real World Partnerships: With more than 30 highly reputable real-world affiliations across universities, securities firms, banks, hospitals and insurance companies, ICON leads its school of thought that the value of blockchain is not only in its technology but in its network (perhaps moreso). We will publish more on this in the coming week as we do a deep dive on ICONs connections.

Impressive Team: From the onset ICON boasts 8 advisors, 6 Foundation Council Members, a staggering 15 staff blockchain department, 5 AI specialists and 5 other functions support staff, the team has continued to grow to be one of the largest teams in the ICO space. The exact size of the team seems to be much larger now but we are still confirming the details (tentatively we believe it to be >50 individuals working primarily on ICON).'

>> No.10933245

bitcoin

>> No.10933260
File: 172 KB, 1686x1266, DMY8JAoU8AA0XH5.jpg large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10929983
>I want legitimate answers and thought out replies, you can shove your LINK $1000 EOY up your ass because that's not advice, that's meme speculation.

Finally, someone who sees through all the fucking bullshit surrounding the chainlink scam. /pol/ is the most patrician board on this site, so it'll help you out: The truth is few /biz/tards have a high enough IQ to see Chainlink for the scam it is.

You should take a serious look at a project called Mobius. This board doesn't want you to know about, it's sort of their best-kept secret. Chainlink is a cover to mask the Mobius project. The whitepaper and dev team are probably the top 5 most sold in the crypto space which really means a lot with so much shit out there. They're Stanford graduates and extremely knowledgeable about crypto; meanwhile Chainlink's CEO is a fucking philosophy major. Here's a great article about why Mobius is going to the moon soon: https://medium.com/mobius-network/stellars-meteoric-rise-and-why-mobius-is-set-to-orbit-from-it-in-2018-27f49d0bb348.. I don't want to give away too much, since DYOR is actually really exciting in this case... just wait till you see all the connections Mobius has!

>> No.10933291

DAG related coins probably

>> No.10933404

Chainlink

>> No.10933411

>>10932986
>I'm not a wagie by any means
>any means

>> No.10933737

>>10933411
>he's seething I make more money than him and have done more with my life than he ever will

Keep it going incel please it's fucking hilarious how insecure you are about someone else being more successful than you. You can't even put 10k a month into a Roth IRA.

>> No.10933807

>>10933737
uh, so what do you do dude?

>> No.10933900

>>10933737
I'm not an incel by any means, I'm in my late twenties, upper 0 figure sexual encounters looking for sex in Manhattan but I want to start a sexless relationship

>> No.10933920

Buy link or die poor you dumb bitch

>> No.10933981

>>10929983
It makes me rock fucking hard that so many people like op exist to FOMO into LINK when it moons. Imagine being a brainlet making a decent salary spending your precious time on (anonymous) social media asking to get shilled on instead of reading any whitepapers.

These people exist and it's not just op.

Rock
Fucking
Hard

>> No.10934164

>>10929983
>41 posts by this ID
kek. the absolute state of /pol/tard larpers

>> No.10934221

>>10930604
This

>> No.10934251

>>10930070
What a load of BS. I run a full geth node on ubuntu in virtualbox with zero problems. You need a ssd and that's it.
Ethereum has problems, but arguments from bitcoin maximalists always turn out to be retarded.

>> No.10934297

If you are from /pol then I want to help you brother
LINK
HOLO
AMB
ELA

>> No.10935655

>>10929983
LINK
0xBTC
ETH

>> No.10935873

>>10930933
>I don’t know what spoonfeeding means on 4chan but I’ll reply anyway.

>> No.10935913

>>10929983

get a load of this faggot. DYOR nigger

>> No.10936531

>>10929983
>50,000 to invest
>what cryptos

try not being a fucking retard and investing in the stock market instead

>> No.10936570

B C I O
BLOCKCHAIN.IO

BLOCK FUCKING CHAIN IO

>TOKEN SALE THIS MOTHER FUCKING MONTH

>> No.10936637

>>10936570

What makes this better than every other shitty exchange out there?

>> No.10936666

>>10930019
DYOR faggot! your mother may have spoon fed you, but this is a board for adults.

>> No.10936676

>>10936637
.io guarantees it's gonna be an exit scam.
there is no uncertainty that's how it's better.

>> No.10936728

>>10936637
French Finance Minister is advisor, follows all regulatory laws of France which are toughest out there for financial companies...

In other words, they are poised to become the leading exchange for Europoors, a market that is truly underserved. And once they own that niche, they own it forever.

>> No.10936790
File: 87 KB, 800x742, lightning-network.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10936637
Because this motherfucking exchange is tapping a BLUE ocean in europe. WHAT EXCHANGE is kicking off with an exchange token there, with an existing enterprise called paymium thats been round for a long time

Do some research

>> No.10936847

>>10936728
To top it off, imagine all these wealthy europeans begin hopping onto the crypto bandwagon because the government is pro for it?

There's a fucking moon on the moon

>> No.10936879

>>10936790
every site with a 100% no exception record that accepted cash or cryptos and had a .io domain turned out to be a fuckign scam. if this shit is by any chance legit they need to register a .com domain real fucking fast.

>> No.10936933

>>10930550
dont invest in stakenet. they dont have the team to go the distance. I used to be a holder but I sold a few months ago. Got a nice return but their team doesnt have what it takes.

>> No.10936966

Honestly OP? Just hold bitcoin for now. Its your best bet because BTC has yet to go on its bullrun, and when it does it will gain massive market dominance. Before then, just read up on the alt market and get to know everything.

Do NOT buy alts right now.

>> No.10936973
File: 8 KB, 225x225, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10936879
>anything with an io domain is a scam
>io
>scam
>Holy shit ranjeet do you also tell your bastard kids stranger danger while you book them an uber?

>> No.10937102

>>10936879
I think your pattern detection mechanism has gone a bit off the rails, rainman

>> No.10937111

>>10936879
pleb

>> No.10937119

>>10937102
well i certainly don't remember one example to the contrary. but so many ponzi and scam used the .io domain it is truly beyond counting.

>> No.10937135

>>10929983
>I want to get rich but not do any effort to get it.

Honestly dude just stick your big ass income in ETF's

>> No.10937431

>>10935873
>being this retarded

How did you even come to this conclusion?

>> No.10937443

>>10934164
I made one of the best threads this board has had in the past 2 weeks besides the /smg/ kys nigger

>> No.10937464

>>10933807
Recruitment director at a global firm that specializes in Drupal and Salesforce.

>>10934297
Thanks some others have suggested a couple of those. Will look into the rest.

>> No.10937477

Buy lite coin

>> No.10937538

>>10929983
Where do you find pictures like this one? I’m genuinely interested