[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 754 KB, 572x651, hh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10923983 No.10923983 [Reply] [Original]

When I buy a stock I'm buying something of actual value: a part ownership of a real company.

When you buy a cryptocurrency you're buying... what exactly? Nothing. You are literally spending your money to create an entry in a digital database, a digital database so inefficient by design that it requires the energy expenditure of a middle-sized nation to just to access it.

I literally am part owner of Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Microsoft. Read that again.

You literally own nothing but limited access rights to a database whose sole purpose is to base data about who has limited access rights to the database itself i.e. you literally own fucking nothing.

>> No.10924022

>>10923983
So you be saying that using a blockchain explorer requires as much energy as bitcoin mining, for any crypto? You are really smart and literate in this technology, anon. I hope your valuable stocks don't get fucked in the next few months.

>> No.10924026

>>10923983
Idiot. People *actually* own bitcoin. Maybe the government decides someone who has your name is a terrorist and you get flagged as one. Your bank accounts get locked and it takes you 5+ years to solve this problem. Do you have a backup plan?

You don't really own any stocks. Government can seize them, lock them, whenever they want. They do it to plenty of people on accident. Doesn't matter. Costs tons of money and years of effort to undo in many cases. Proof of non-ownership if there ever was.

You don't understand these things because you LARP as someone having wealth. Anyone with any significant stake in the world has to worry about these things, wants international store of value not subject to the whims and mistakes of states. And that is why bitcoin is inevitably the new store of value for the world.

>> No.10924069

Lmao at the faggots who seriously reply to this pasta

>> No.10924073
File: 48 KB, 1280x720, stocks trader.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10924026
Don't try to argue with brainlets. When they realize Bitcoin is the ONLY asset you can claim to really own it will be too late for them.

>> No.10924074

>>10923983
when I send a letter I`m sending something of actual value: a part ownership of a real conversation

when you send an email you are sending ... what exactly? Nothing. You are literally spending your time to create an entry in a digital database, a digital database so unreliable by design that it requires electrical energy to just allow uptime

I literally am part owner of AT&T, US post, FEDex

>> No.10924187

>>10924074
lul wut

>> No.10924361

>>10923983
>he thinks buying a (((licensed piece of paper))) is something of actual value
kek

>> No.10924672
File: 9 KB, 300x168, ballbusting.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10923983
>I literally am part owner of Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Microsoft. Read that again.

no, you are only the owner of some numbers in a bank database. The real papers was maybe allready short selled or the bank never had them.

>> No.10924699

>>10923983

You don't own part of a company simply by owning a publicly traded stock faggot.

Go to the company HQ and try to take a chair or something and say you own it due to your shareholding see what happens.