[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 415 KB, 687x600, 1519505157428.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10830183 No.10830183 [Reply] [Original]

Why does /biz shill link so hard?
I looked into it and it appears like so many other ETH ICO scams.

So go ahead, shill me on Link.

Some Questions:
How will the project go on once ETH goes to $5?

Why is their marketing so terrible, how will they compete with terrible marketing?

We all hate marketing, but look at Apple vs MSFT. One produces absolute garbage and markets well, the other produces something that is useful and has terrible marketing. Which one is worth more?

>> No.10830194

it's a fucking meme, just move on. they're trying to sell you their bags.

>> No.10830209

nice reddit meme faggot get the FUCK off my board

>> No.10830222
File: 12 KB, 225x225, lol retard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10830183

>> No.10830272

>>10830183
>So go ahead, shill me on Link.
uhm, excuse me sweetie, but that’s not how it works. DYOR you cheesedick.

>> No.10830335
File: 66 KB, 346x326, zwooom.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

TREYWAY

THESE NIGGAS SAID THEY HEARD ME
I AINT HEARD OF YOU
GET THE FUCK UP OUT MY FUCKING FACE
FORE I MURDER YOU
BITCH NIGGAS ALWAYS JACKIN BLOOD
BUT I KNOW THEY FU
WHOLE SQUAD FULL OF FUCKING KILLERS
IM A KILLER TOO

>> No.10830428

>>10830183
lol, you're not in a position to put the weight of evidence on us retard. No one will spoonfeed you for free so you can be comfy. Fuck off, Don't buy, ever. No one needs your or even wants you

>> No.10830439

The pure delusion. You retards actually think you have fundamentally analyized link and are some sort of elite investor. You know about link because its been shilled to fucking death on this shitty board with terrible infographics and extremely far reaching claims with no evidence. I guarantee none of you have actually even tried to use the testnet or have even considered the token economics at play here.

The testnet is a piece of trash centralized (it uses one source) API scraper that uploads data into a non self executable smart contract. A fifteen year old could write the code to do this, it tests nothing envisioned in the whitepaper. Now for the token economics 35% of the total supply is in the hands of Sergey himself. The top 100 wallets control 85% of the supply of this coin and it's not exchanges. Binance, the biggest exchange owns ~2% of total supply. Your investment can be quite literally wiped out overnight without a moments notice.

Going all into this project is probably one of the stupidest things you can do with your money but retards like you keep lining up thinking you are the next Warren Buffet. Chainlink is so far from a sure thing.

>> No.10830440

>>10830183

I got you senpai.

Basically smartcontracts.

That's the magical key you need to understand. Smartcontracts are simple. They're a program that says if ABC happens then do XYZ.

At a basic level that's all ETH is. Money that can also be programmed with smartcontracts to do shit.

To side tracked a bit crypto in general is money that is basically "unhackable". ETH is a crypto that added in this smartcontract feature because it's useful. That's why ETH is worth so much and #2 in marketcap. A chair making business could hav a smartcontract to instantly and unhackably pay out to another company when wood is delivered.

Now you understand smartcontracts right? Good.

But where does link come in?

Basically those "unhackable" smartcontracts have a gigantic flaw. While it's true the actual contract can't be hacked, the data that used to decide the contract can be.

Makes sense right? Do you need more clarification? Okay..To use my previous example again. The wood providing business can just lie and say they shipped the wood to the chair business, and boom. The "unhackable" smartcontracts is useless. They'llget paid without actually doing shit.

I don't feel like typing all the mumbo jumbo, but will basically run a ton of nodes similar to how Bitcoin has a ton of nodes where the nodes must agree that the data is correct.

Basically if most nodes agree the wood business saying they shipped the wood is accurate then that data will be provided to the smartcontract.

>> No.10830469

>>10830440
>>10830183

But LINK will basically run a ton of nodes** correction

To answer your other questions.

1 - LINK is blockchain Agnostic so it doesn't depend on ETH.

2 - Its bad marketing because this oracle problem is so huge, ChainLink want to make certain they solve it and have it working before they brag about it. They're not just here to pump and disappear.

3 - ???

>> No.10830647

>>10830440
The wood delivery smart contract is a bad usecase for chainlink because the only sources would be tge guy delivering the wood and the guy receiving the wood. Both sources are biased and my be economically incentivised to lie.

The usecases that better fit chainlink involve events that have multiple unbiased sources proving the same data. So market price data, wind speed data, temperature data, air humidity data, bond payments data, sports/racing competition results data for betting/derivatives markets and insurance payouts. Chainlink is currently being set up to handle large financial contracts and data transfers

>> No.10830663

Sergey himself shills here A LOT

>> No.10830668

There is no evidence this ever hits its ATH again, so I would not invest more than $1000-2000 in it. If it moons then you still make a x10, but more than likely it won't moon.

>> No.10831033
File: 6 KB, 211x239, 1535146552714.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10830335

>> No.10831748

>>10830440
Thank you for the explanation. So basically it guarantees the items promised in a contact are fulfilled before paying it out.

>> No.10831789

>>10830440
and people are just gonna trust your Chainlink nodes because?

>> No.10831806

>>10831789
reputation score

>> No.10831813

>>10830183
I will tell you why Chainlink is a scam:
1. They embed public API calls information directly into the Ethereum blockchain, meaning the storage cost of the data itself will be astronomical
2. There is no way to call any private APIs because your API key will be leaked due to the public nature of Ethereum
3. You are assuming that companies would be willing to pay a fee of 10 cents per call. (Which is entirely ridiculous, one of my apps runs nearly 100k api calls per day and I pay only 300 dollars/month)
4. You are assuming companies will pay 10 cents/call to receive "decentralized" data, such as prices of stocks, when they already own multimillion dollar contracts with companies specifically built to provide accurate data (plus you can get your money back if the data isn't accurate from a company, rather than having no one to answer for mistakes)
5. You assuming companies will wait 30+ seconds for an API call, which would place them at a disadvantage of any other competitor who is using a centralized system
It's clear to me that no LINK holders have experience actually using APIs or are in the corporate space, and I feel bad for them when they will get burned, kek

>> No.10831825

>>10830440
The pure delusion. You retards actually think you have fundamentally analyized link and are some sort of elite investor. You know about link because its been shilled to fucking death on this shitty board with terrible infographics and extremely far reaching claims with no evidence. I guarantee none of you have actually even tried to use the testnet or have even considered the token economics at play here.

The testnet is a piece of trash centralized (it uses one source) API scraper that uploads data into a non self executable smart contract. A fifteen year old could write the code to do this, it tests nothing envisioned in the whitepaper. Now for the token economics 35% of the total supply is in the hands of Sergey himself. The top 100 wallets control 85% of the supply of this coin and it's not exchanges. Binance, the biggest exchange owns ~2% of total supply. Your investment can be quite literally wiped out overnight without a moments notice.

Going all into this project is probably one of the stupidest things you can do with your money but retards like you keep lining up thinking you are the next Warren Buffet. Chainlink is so far from a sure thing.

>> No.10831835

>>10831806
reputation based on correct data? how do you know the data was correct

>> No.10831845

>>10831813
thanks just sold 100k

>> No.10831965

>>10830183
it has survived the crucible
it is the chosen one

>> No.10832095

>>10831835
no answer? guess this is what the oracle problem is about and it hasnt been solved

>> No.10832149

>>10832095
nobody is going to spoon feed you retard. the answers are out there and if you are too stupid to find them that's nobody's fault but your own

>> No.10832249

>>10831825
Terrible FUD. It’s a test net for a reason. Wait till reputation and aggregation is released.

You’re far too short sighted. Look 3-5 years into the future and try to imagine where the finance world will stand before you make claims. Screencapped btw.

>> No.10832802

>>10831789
They don't have to trust your chainlink nodes. They will use nodes from all over the world, so if your node supplies false data, it won't affect the contract.
What will happen though, is that your node's reputation in the reputation system will receive a strike against it, and you will likely no longer participate in high value contracts.

>> No.10833260
File: 917 KB, 1620x783, slack-imgs.com.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10830183
take a peak