[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 186 KB, 757x580, NoBadIntention.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10722147 No.10722147 [Reply] [Original]

What would be the standard way to, as comprehensively as possible, take a physical asset and tokenize it in a legally valid way, right now (with the tools available on Ethereum etc)?

I'm actually doing this for a client of mine as a freelancer. Here's the scenario: he has a painting, the ownership of which he wants to tokenize and distribute to the hands(wallets) of multiple investors, which at first, he predicts will just be a few of his friends. (assume all the legal details are of no importance to me - he says he'll handle that portion with his lawyers and cover the legal ties between the asset and the deployed token contract, and dealing with the SEC and their hard dick for "security tokens" which this obviously would be)

Now obviously I could just copy+paste a vanilla ERC20 token contract and shit it out onto the mainnet, and have 100% of the token supply go initially to his wallet address so he could arrange to sell it OTC to his buddies. But what's the simplest way I could set up a couple contracts to automate the sale of those tokens, trustlessly, to whomever he wants to offer it to?

Maybe a question for actual Ethereum devs, so meaning 0% of /biz/. But if anyone has suggestions, I'd still love to hear em

>> No.10722190

>>10722147
The only way to actually tokenize it is for the painting to be held by a third party. Once he tokenizes assets there needs to be a guardian for them which has to legally recognize the tokens as shares of ownership.

>> No.10722489

>>10722190
Good point. I'll keep that in mind. What kind of third party would that have to be? How does holding physical assets in "escrow" work in the eyes of the law as it currently exists?

>> No.10722978
File: 52 KB, 585x682, 1525570754020.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

bamp. answers pls.