[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 86 KB, 852x944, 1533257503054.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10649333 No.10649333 [Reply] [Original]

I know next to nothing about anything /biz/ related, but I think maybe sometime in the future I'd like to get into stocks or maybe bonds so I could have a passive income so I'm not wage slaving the rest of my life. I tried lurking in /smg/ but I don't understand 80% of what they're saying.
What are some things that a total beginner needs to know? How much money would you need to even start considering getting into stocks or bonds or something like that?

I'm not looking to become a millionaire overnight or something like that. Was just hoping to get some pointers in the right direction so I could try to establish some sort of passive income, even if it's small.

>> No.10649361

>>10649333
https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

>> No.10649397

>>10649361
Thanks, this is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for.

>> No.10649617

>>10649333
dont buy bonds, you're basically losing money on them once you account for inflation

dont invest in precious metals, they'll never generate profits in the long term

dont ever sit on cash, you'll always be able to liquidate your investments within a week... just have a small checking account, debit card, and credit card

if you just want passive income with low risk, just accumulate REITs, set it and forget it, and spend your time accumulating more