[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 305 KB, 330x475, CHAINLINKDAY.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10585046 No.10585046 [Reply] [Original]

So I was gaymin because I'm a 30yo boomer manchild but what are you gonna do
It's a shitgame that isn't really big, maybe 5-7k active players
They have a small cash shop but what weirded me out was for a small time operation like this, they aren't accepting crypto
So I got to thinking why
And then it hit me
The blockchain can't announce shit outside of its own eco system
So if I sent them btc, they wouldn't be able to have an automated process to send out points to be redeemed in game because the blockchain is useless outside pyramid schemes and icos (for the time being)
Now Im not a smart man, that should be obvious because I post here, but wouldn't Chainlink be that middle man.
Where if I sent this dev team .0003 btc there could be a node monitoring that particular eth address and then communicate to their bot on the game to distribute the in game cash
Does it work that way, where on chain can feed off chain data? or is it strictly take data off chain and put it on chain?
I think we have been looking at this backwards if it's the former
We have been asking what we can do on the blockchain
When we really should be asking what can the blockchain could be doing for us
What other things can you think of on Chainlink usage.
We usually play a game of connect the dots instead of what the applications are outside the obvious

>> No.10585069

>>10585046
stfu gamer nerd weeb fag

>> No.10585090

The actual fuck did I just read

>> No.10585096

All of that already exists, get outta here

>> No.10585138

>>10585046
Stop playing games retard they are just dopamine dispensers. Your sentence structure alone shows that your brain is turning into mush.

>> No.10585152
File: 122 KB, 500x422, imstonedasfuck1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10585138