[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 6 KB, 231x218, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10536067 No.10536067 [Reply] [Original]

Wut

But why?

Actual reasons please? Yes I know the chinked/hustle memes already. What is making it do this atm?

>> No.10536081

You are a retarded brainlet.

>> No.10536096

>>10536081

So help me out and tell me why this is happening?

Why be so abusive towards somebody who is merely looking for info.

>> No.10536126

>>10536096
>So help me out and tell me why this is happening?
>Why be so abusive towards somebody who is merely looking for info.
Bro, just stop checking the prices. Everything is fucked. Delete blockfolio, go work on yourself and come back in a few weeks. VeChain as much as it's getting rekt will be one of the most used blockchain in a little, 100%, and the fomo will start. Everything else in this space is vaporware.

>> No.10536128

>>10536067
It pumped before the airdrop now its dumping after the airdrop
Grow a brain dickhead

>> No.10536136

>>10536096
It’s always been heavily manipulated because of the node system. VeChain’s price was relatively resilient during the bear market, it was even up since the start of the year, bevause the Nodes (whales) had their coins locked up. Now that’s not the case, they have every reason to sell and buy back cheaper before node monitoring resumes.

My theory, anyway

>> No.10536144

>>10536096
He doesn't owe you any info, you beta cuck.

Now for the reasons why VEN is a chink scam:
1. Whitepaper is ridiculously long
2. Code is a copy from Ethereum
3. Muh Jim Breyer muh Chinese government
4. Hammer of THOR! /cringe/
5. Supply chain coins: easy concept to comprehend as a investor that has no actual idea about b2b or smart-contracts
6. The subreddit is a censored echo-chamber.

So glad that I sold my 16500 ven after tripling in value for a huge stack of link in March. I even made a Reddit post telling others about it but of course nobody listened over there hahaha. So happy to see Vechain burn at the moment.

>> No.10536226

>>10536144
>He doesn't owe you any info, you beta cuck.
>Now for the reasons why VEN is a chink scam:
>1. Whitepaper is ridiculously long
>2. Code is a copy from Ethereum
>3. Muh Jim Breyer muh Chinese government
>4. Hammer of THOR! /cringe/
>5. Supply chain coins: easy concept to comprehend as a investor that has no actual idea about b2b or smart-contracts
>6. The subreddit is a censored echo-chamber.
>So glad that I sold my 16500 ven after tripling in value for a huge stack of link in March. I even made a Reddit post telling others about it but of course nobody listened over there hahaha. So happy to see Vechain burn at the moment.
Confirmed insecure virgin nocoiner. Go back to your Tron subreddit

>> No.10536234
File: 10 KB, 600x600, 1517035226990.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10536144
kys.

>> No.10536248

>>10536067
>chinked/hustle memes
except they arent memes you brainlet. its whats actually happening

>> No.10536257

>>10536234
>>10536226
are you retarded? everything he said is true.

>> No.10536277

>>10536257
“Muh Jim Breyer” is not an intelligent or coherent critique. It’s neither true nor false, it’s just stating the name of an investor and pretending that’s a point.

>> No.10536426

>>10536067
It's a literal scam and it's still in the top 20, the real question is "why only now".

>> No.10536441

>>10536234
Everyone who isn't a complete brainlet knows that supply chains are pretty much a meme. Few use cases but mostly vaporware.

>> No.10536691
File: 457 KB, 1316x887, 66F1E083-DAC3-4F43-A4C0-0D8296859835.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10536126

>> No.10536831

Goddamn some dumb shit in here again.

To the scam points:

1. Whitepaper is long (This is FUD?)

2. Code isn't a copy of Ethereum - more of a heavily modded fork (check GitHuB)

3. Jim Breyer made two crypto investments: Ethereum and VeChain. This is the guy that flipped Facebook and Marvel. Happy to follow his lead.

4. Yeah that's some weird marketing I'll give you this one

5. So wouldn't this ultimately motivate more investment in VeChain?

6. So what. Show me a coin's that isn't.

>> No.10536928

>>10536144
Lol look how pathetic this guy is

>> No.10536940

>>10536928
You're the pathetic one. He actually gave arguments, you're just calling names. Retard.

>> No.10536969

Another red flag for Vechain is the huge amount of hype and announcements of "partnerships". Sunny Lu even talks to the community when the price drops like "Don't worry guys!!". Not professional behaviour. If you want to invest in something good, don't invest in the hyped projects, but in the ones on the down-low.

In my opinion, it is weird that Vechain announced a lot of partnerships because Vechain's mainnet isn't live yet; there's no working product. Once it's out and companies that intend to use it have verified that it works as intended it would be more logical to make announcements. This accomplishes two things:

1. It saves them the embarrassment of having to backtrack on a partnership announcement in the event that Vechain doesn't work.

2. If Vechain does work and these companies adopt it, they know it will be huge and VEN tokens will be a hot commodity. If they make partnership announcements before a working product is proven then they know people like us will be scrambling to buy in anticipation of its adoption and in turn drive up the price, increasing the amount they have to pay to have access to the network they'll be reliant on. By waiting to make partnership announcements they ensure that they're able to buy VEN at a cheap price and that they have a working product before any big moves are made. These companies would be vastly increasing their risk exposure by making partnerships announcements prematurely.

>> No.10536980

>>10536831
>Whitepaper is long (This is FUD?)
Yes. Because the whitepaper is 99% fluff.

>2. Code isn't a copy of Ethereum - more of a heavily modded fork (check GitHuB)
No its not. The only thing they modified was the consensus, in which they added a whitelist for nodes that can produce blocks. lmao at this btw. 100 pre-selected nodes and block times are still 10 seconds long. EOS can have an infinite amount of accounts competing for node positions and still is over 20x faster than VeShit.

>3. Jim Breyer made two crypto investments: Ethereum and VeChain. This is the guy that flipped Facebook and Marvel. Happy to follow his lead.
Right... because VC investors are never wrong. Fucking VC investors. VC's invest in the most high risk stuff there is. If anyones ever going to be wrong in the financial sector, it's probably going to be a VC. Not shitting on VC's since thats their investment strategy but jesus fuck; using it as a shilling point? come on.

>5. So wouldn't this ultimately motivate more investment in VeChain?
Blockchain for supplychain is a fucking meme. I'm not going to go into it since the majority of this board cant even explain how a blockchain works but it essentially boils down to the fact that you cant have deterministic data when the data being relied upon comes from humans themselves (a non-deterministic source).

>6. So what. Show me a coin's that isn't.
VeChain takes it to another level. Like Tron/Verge/Ripple levels; It's a cult.

>> No.10536995

Supply chain coins won't ever be needed because unironically Chainlink will be used and businesses will use smart-contracts instead of "muh supply chain coin"

Chainlink and IBM and Hyperledger are confirmed. IBM & Maersk has finished a POC with Hyperledger regarding logistics and triggered payments based on events using smart contracts.

https://www.ibm.com/blockchain/supply-chain/

https://www.maersk.com/press/press-release-archive/maersk-and-ibm-to-form-joint-venture

https://www.joc.com/maritime-news/container-lines/ibm-maersk-blockchain-gains-steam-while-trying-allay-forwarder-fears_20180321.html (In a Q&A style dialogue, Rometty and White revealed new information about the venture, which is focusing initially on documentation and visibility and was originally announced in January. That included the number of partners it has signed up and has in the queue (“25 companies onboarding, another 30 in the queue, and another 40 after that,” White said); and included possibly inviting in additional ownership into the venture, and how it is transitioning from the proof of concept stage to actual product. Finally, they revealed the possibility that the venture could expand beyond its initial concept on visibility and documentation into areas such as finance and insurance, areas specifically not covered within the initial scope of the venture. “We’ve been working on this for 18 months. This is not a new concept, this is going into production,” Rometty said.)

Connect the dots (ibm, maersk, chainlink). A global supply chain solution. The exception is that Vechain is a public blockchain while Hyperledger is a private one. My question from my post remains the same.

>> No.10537026

>>10536128
why would the airdrop have anything to do with it, $10k worth of VET will only get you a few dollars worth of VTHO anyway, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

>> No.10537034

>>10536940
Clearly the same guy posting but I’ll bite

Name one of his “arguments” that makes sense or is true?
>whitepaper too long
Like really?
>Jim breyer
How is this a dig on Vechain you dumb fuck
>muh hammer
Good one you sure showed those chinks, where’s your partnership with dnv gl pwc bmw China tobacco ? Maybe you should start carrying a hammer and do so something with your life?
>copy of eth code
You really can’t be this retarded, either you are or this is just baseless fud like the rest of your post
>supply chain is muh difficult
Then why is it already implemented in dozens of sectors you fucking retard and clearly you never invested in Vechain since supply chain is like 1/10th of what it does now
>the sub is an echo chamber
I’ll give you 50% on this one sometimes it feels like this

>> No.10537041

I'll repost one of these legendary old threads for all you /brainlets/. Despite you who believe the biggest shitty shillhole of the planet Reddit I am an true marine and oldfag of /biz/

That is why I figured out in April that Vechain is complete shit and Chainlink is the godcoin.

READ IT ALL FOR YOURSELF HERE >>/biz/thread/S8753711#p8755894

I am actually trying to help you out lmao, I am just bored and glad to have validation that **I was right** , burn in hell Sunny Lu and Vechainstinkiwinkies sell your worhless Chinkiecoins now for the only true godcoin LINK

>> No.10537042

>>10536980
Lol what a fucking moron, you think if you just make up shit no one is gonna call you on it you pathetic fuck?

>> No.10537046

>>10537034
see >>10536980

>> No.10537049

>>10537042
i didnt make up anything faggot.

>> No.10537051

>>10537041
lol if you didn't instantly realise that veshit is a chink scam.
>just lock up your bags and you'll be printing money in a few months!!
lmao

>> No.10537055

>>10537034
>Clearly the same guy posting but I’ll bite
>Clearly
you have no idea how retarded that makes you look from my perspective

>> No.10537065

>>10537034
Idiot, I did invest in Vechain, rode it all up and know all the arguments, later I realised that IT IS ALL A CHINK SCAM. Nevertheless, I tripled my money, unlike you, the whiny bagholder who is suffering the biggest losses in the market right now and still believes in "just hodl bro sunny lu will help me"

>> No.10537068

>>10537049
Oh ok if you insist

>> No.10537072

im thinking of buying a node at these prices, it seems worth it (should be printing a few hundred per week plus good chance of the VET tokens going up from this point also).

>> No.10537076

>>10537042
bump for this >>10537049 . call me out on my "lies". im waiting. fucking VeCuck. I can't wait for you to lose all your money.

>> No.10537085

>>10537072
*yess sir, buy di tokens, you make money, LOOTS of money, it will be printed, you will be rich guy! come to china, party, we have good wife, good wine, nice bmw cars, yes sir. buy tokens.*

>> No.10537092

I sold once I read the white paper section 3.5 right after it was published.

I don't believe this is a scam, but the token valuation gives a picture that unless you own a huge node, very little can be gained from holding a small amount of vet.

Look at the formula in section 3.5:

P=E/(r-g)+PVGc+PCGb

where
P=VET price
E= the market VTHO price;
r=discount rate, g=growth rate of velocity of VTHOR generation, respectively
PVGc = the present value of the present and anticipated future use of VET as a cryptocurrency
PCGb = the present value of the present and anticipated future use of VET as smart money on
VeChain.

if we assume PVGb=0, this means that E (market vtho price) is 0.01 of VET price, given their own parameters in the white paper (r-g=0.05, PVGc=0.8P)

You can calculate accordingly how much vthor you'll generate per day for the amount of vet you hold.

Say, I had 50000 VET, that would generate 21.6 vthor daily, or 0.216 VET per day in terms of value. In a year, this is worth 78.84 VET.

So unless you absolutely believe that the present value of anticipated use of VET is some huge number, I can't see where's the point holding VET.

Now I may have made some fundamental error due to misunderstanding something, but as I said, I sold my little stack immeadiately after I read this section.

Inb4 reddit spacing.

>> No.10537098

>>10537068
go on... point out what I "made up" then. Oh what's that? Nothing? Thats what i thought.

>> No.10537234

>>10537085
please try to refrain from making racist comments sir

>> No.10537654

I really hate the Jim Breyer argument....so dude is an advisor/investor...so fucking what. We don't know what his buy in price was or how much (if any) he's still holding. If he's a pro like all the Venfags want to believe....then you know he already sold this shit at the top like the rest of us smart fags did. If he didn't.....then he's just another dumb bag holder hoping this goes back up to his initial investment. If that's the case then I really don't give a fuck about what he thinks. My investment strategy is outperforming his.

>> No.10537680
File: 30 KB, 496x180, B2385D89-1C76-478D-9099-CB69C996B0A8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10536067
>Actual reasons please?
You’re an inexperienced brainlet incapable of assessing risk. How many times do people have to tell you that crypto (esp. chink shitcoins) is a risky speculation in order to shake you out of your delusion?

>> No.10537693

>>10536691
Saved

>> No.10537723
File: 45 KB, 694x684, 1526899184837.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10536067
>Actual reasons please? Yes I know the chinked/hustle memes already. What is making it do this atm?

Promises:

>Prices were pumped with hyped up partnerships, straight up lies, claims of billion dollar enterprises using the mainnet, trillions of transactions coming, a bleeding edge blockchain from scratch, 101 authority nodes staking their identities and reputation

Reality:

> partnerships are hyped or lies, no real world enterprises are buyging scammy supply chain tokens or using Vechain, prices are supported using gimmicks like lucky draw swap lotteries, bonus air drops for holding etc, blockchain was a complete rip off fork of Ethereum from the EVM to the Proof of Authority algorithm in ETH testnet, 100 authority nodes have not been revealed - almost all of them are likely to be VeChain itself

Considering that prices have tanked so much and there appears to be nobody using VeChain and Vechain is using gimmicks to try to support prices the suckers who smartened up are starting to flee. This is probably the start unless Sunny can come up with more gimmicks and lotteries.

>> No.10537753

>>10536831
>Whitepaper is long (This is FUD?)
The most useful info out of that wp was an ambiguous unreliable $2B GDP projection.

>Code isn't a copy of Ethereum - more of a heavily modded fork (check GitHuB)
ETH can easily switch to PoA, but Vitalik chose the more difficult route of PoS.

>Jim Breyer made two crypto investments: Ethereum and VeChain. This is the guy that flipped Facebook and Marvel. Happy to follow his lead.
You don’t know what his buy-in price is. For example, he could’ve gotten an anthority node for free in exchange for advising, so he has way less to lose than you.

>Yeah that's some weird marketing I'll give you this one
Tfw a legit US company googles up this chink startup

>> No.10537871
File: 106 KB, 1200x674, real.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10536831
>3. Jim Breyer made two crypto investments: Ethereum and VeChain. This is the guy that flipped Facebook and Marvel. Happy to follow his lead.

One of the dumbest argument you hear. Guys like Jim Breyer and Tim Draper invest in lots of startups on the ground level and cheap. They get it wrong much more often than not. Tim Draper invested in and defended scam Theranos.

Jim Breyer is only advising VeChain but also he

> was the lead investor and lead shill in Real Networks which was an utter shit investment and had no future

> invested in NorthPoint Communications Group Inc a San Francisco provider of high-speed Internet access that filed for bankruptcy

> invested in defunct online-toy seller eToys Inc.

I am sure the list is much much longer. And Breyer doesn't even have confidence to invest in VeChain. That says something.

>> No.10537901

>>10537871
his son is a part of vechain though i think

>> No.10537908

oh no, how bad is it?

i left all my holdings in VEN when i quit looking at crypto back in february/march.. i was so miserable i didnt think it could get any worse.. im too scared to even look at the price

>> No.10537922
File: 34 KB, 817x443, Brainlet2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10537753
>so he has way less to lose than you
I´m not even a Vetard but I have to say that this is one of the most retarded things I have read in a while.
You are retarded if you think its about the money for Breyer. Its literally pennies for Breyer Capital. This is all about Breyers reputation as a venture capitalist. It would take a big dent if he would have been an advisor and investor in a clear scam.

>tl;dr You are claiming that average /biz/fag has more to lose than Breyer, who has invested part of his reputation in to the project.

>> No.10537928

>>10537871
The Breyer argument is effective against this project being a scam

However, I believe the ratio is like 1 successful for 10 failed projects in venture capital, and I would say it's highly unlikely ven will turn out to be the good one.

>> No.10537974

>>10537922
>reputation
VeChain can still succeed modestly while the token doesn’t moon far from current price. Breyer’s reputation would be intact while baghodlers rope themselves. Being overhyped doesn’t imply a scam.

>> No.10537995

>>10537922
Token price is not its only metric for success

>> No.10538075
File: 164 KB, 1920x1080, breyer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10537974

Seriously doubt Breyer's reputation is at stake with an unknown shitcoin like VeChain. He failed hard betting on and shilling RealNetworks which was pretty visible in the tech space for a looong time. Nobody remembers that and his other failures.

He is a bit of a visionary though and was right about an Internet Media company. He was just 10 -13 years too early and staking his bet on shit company RealNetworks when he actually was envisioning something like Netflix or what Amazon has become. I think it's going to be the same with Supply Chain and shitcoin VeChain. None of the clowns we have in the space today have the technical ability, vision and key here -- leadership to deliver plus they are waaay too early in the space. Even with Cloud Architecture/Computing, it's taken almost 10 years for enterprises to finally start adopting it.

>> No.10538144

>>10538075
We’re on the same page. Remember it’s still 6x ICO price ($0.25 IIRC).

I honestly don’t know if privately raised utility tokens are even necessary. Seems like an easy crowdfunding/money grab only.

>> No.10538529

fud when red
shill when green
welcome to biz

>> No.10538612

>>10536067
>>10536067
chinks are subhmans who can only copy from whites. (Vechain is literally a ethereum clone)

furthermore, look at how chinks behave: they serve each other gutter oil, kill and feast on dogs and cats, and have literally no empathy for anyone and only care about money

finally, look at what the chinks have produced: billions of shitty, cheap knockoffs that break after a month of using them, compared to Euoprean tools that can last a lifetime

now ask yourself, why would you buy a product from people who have a history of stealing and creating cheap knockoffs, combined with their culture of ripping people off for the sake of profit alone?