[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 74 KB, 1178x657, 61e8b39c62a68be319c20083a0d9049e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10357589 No.10357589 [Reply] [Original]

Is there a huge difference in self teaching digital marketing vs. learning it at an agency, if my results as a self-taught marketer are lucrative and above industry average KPIs?

Some background: I worked in data entry at a digital marketing agency for a year but learned zero marketing, so I'm kind of aware of how they operate. When I left I taught myself social media, paid social (FB/IG ads), and some other stuff, and I've been using my knowledge on real clients as a freelancer and have brought in revenue, followers, engagement, and my KPIs surpass industry average metrics.

OTHER QUESTION: I'm paying all my bills with digital marketing freelancing and it's not time costly, it takes me about 10 hours per week most the time. Would it be wise to get a digital agency job on top of this to double my income and polish my marketing skills, or should I use this free time to create an online business/ecommerce where I have ownership/equity (something with higher upside while risk is mitigated by my monthly freelancing retainers)? How valuable would the agency experience be, other than the extra income?

>> No.10358203

>>10357589
don't know much about marketing but it depends on how effective you are at self teaching doesn't it?
also take into account the network of people a more structured environment would give you access to

>> No.10358376

>>10357589
How do I get started doing this?