[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 97 KB, 250x250, MINT.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
103564 No.103564 [Reply] [Original]

/biz/ Im asking you to sell me on an alt coin. Any one. Tell me why, in this ridiculously oversaturated market, why any of these coins will succeed. They're all just a clone of a clone after all. Prove me wrong. And don't give me the bullshit this is different its POS not POW arguement, there are tons of POS coins now.

>tl;dr Sell me and alt coin

>> No.103578

None will "succeed".

You can make a quick buck out of most of them, though.

>> No.103588

>>103564
crypto credits

>> No.103617

>>103578
This is how I feel. None that have caught my eye yet. But there's too many to look at them myself.

>> No.103624

Dogecoin, it's the only one to gather this much attention in only two months.

>> No.103667

I think Vert has a good chance at being the successor to Litecoin, at the very least. First coin with n-algo, uses kgw, has very good daily trade volume...and a very solid community. It's better in every respect than LTC. Nobody has a crystal ball, but it's all about adoption, and I think vtc has the best foundation out of anyother alt right now to make that run, with the current work the devs are putting in.

>> No.103680

>>103564
LTC is the only one worth a shit

>> No.103677

>>103564
Bought 113k mints. Thinking seriously selling soke doges to buy more mints. Shit is about to explode soon.

>> No.103717

>>103624
its gathered this much attention and is still worth 1/10th of a penny. Just wait until it gets hacked again. Three months from now everyone will get sick of it and move on. Just like they do with every other stupid meme

>> No.103733

>>103680
LTC is an exact clone of BTC with a couple different specs. next.

>> No.103756

>>103677
im on the border with MINT. The 700million premine was a little excessive, couldnt hurt to just buy 10k and hold onto them for a month though
>>103667
I haven't read much about vert but ive heard a lot of people saying good things about it, I'll check it out

>> No.103762
File: 5 KB, 327x82, 1393033477765.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>103564
I would invest in digibyte right when it hits cryptsy. Has a very dedicated community and it has the best marketing campaign of all the cryptos. It also seems like thwy have great developers since they made an adroid wallet despite just launching, and are currently working on a coin mixing service.

>> No.103769

There is money to be made from this but it's also like stocks and shares. You need to be a bit shrewd and a bit lucky to get anything back from it. Are they a real currency? I dunno and frankly don't care. Do they have any value? Certainly if you get in on the right one and pump & dump it.

Basically it's a gamble like any other whether it's through trading fiat for crypto or mining it (hardware cost or electricity cost and if you don't pay for electricity and already have the hardware you don't have anything to lose anyhow so why not have a go?).

You pays your coin....

>> No.103783

>>103733
How new are you?

>> No.103802

>>103783
Yeah, litecoin is so great because it uses scypt, which prevents asic mining. Asic mining allows big companies to literally manufacture money, thats why bitcoin is a shit.

>> No.103813

>>103762
will look into it thanks.
>>103769
I feel the same way. Whether its a "real currency" or not, there is money to me made. I have about $400 scatter in a couple coins. With where Im at, it would be stupid to mine and the cost would far outweigh the rewards. Im currently waiting for Peercoin to take off again and double like it has done already

>> No.103823

>>103733
>LTC is an exact clone of BTC with a couple different specs. next.

>>103717
>Three months from now everyone will get sick of it and move on. Just like they do with every other stupid meme

so many opinions

>> No.103868
File: 182 KB, 474x351, Happy Rock.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>103823
Yeah? That's what this thread is about. Opinions. Got any?
>inb4 OPs a fag

>> No.103874

>>103813
The nice thing is if you are poor like me you can just buy small amounts and play with it to see if you are good at trading. Heck you can do that just by watching the market. Just note the prices in Notepad and use the calculator to see if you were right and how much you would have made or lost. Nothing to stop you doing that. If you realize you are good enough at it you can probably turn a tidy profit by doing it for real. You have to speculate to accumulate. Oh and all those armchair crystal ball watchers are funny. Nobody fucking knows what coin will make them a fortune. NOBODY.

>> No.103890
File: 28 KB, 500x746, Shittalk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>103783

>> No.103905

>>103578

/thread

>> No.103916

>>103802
>scrypt = asic resistant

Here's your scrypt asic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6jlV2TVX3A

>asic allows large companies to manufacture money

No, that is not how mining works. You do not manufacture gold when you mine it, and this is exactly how bitcoin works. You mine it.

Please go and do some fucking reading. Holy shit do we need to have a sticky with all of this information or not? Yes, yes we do, for fuck's sake.

>> No.103936

>>103916
thanks. I literally just didn't have the effort to respond to that post.

>> No.103964

>>103868
It's just obvious that you're letting your opinions stand in the way of learning.

plus you're acting like a dick.

>>inb4 OPs a fag

>yes

>> No.103982

Only XRP is viable for a global commercial palate.

>> No.104025

>>103964

Everyone has opinions man. I don't have a problem with someone pointing out why my opinions are wrong. Its welcome. If you can tell me why I'm wrong about Litecoin and your facts check out I'll thank you.

>> No.104077

>>103564
The whole reason litecoin ever became huge was because bitcoin asics became widely used. After that, all the other SHA256 coins dropped in value by a ton and left bitcoin as the clear winner. You have to think of the effort put into mining the coins. Once scrypt asics are widely used we will see maybe one or two scrypt coins sticking around and getting a boost while all others fail. The real big boom this year will come from coins with strong communities and a different algorithm for mining. The top three candidates to take gain the fancy of all the GPU miners this year, and thus go up in price by 10-100x are Vertcoin, Quark, and Darkcoin. They are all hashed with very different algorithms that will make asic design nearly impossible, and they are the most likely to become this year's litecoin.

>> No.104101

>>103982
XRP, NXT are 100% pre-mined ponzi schemes. They are a giant shit-stain on all of cryptocurrency and represent exactly the opposite of what one should be. They are basically a form of printed money handed out by a central authority at a price set by that authority. Fuck them, they are no better than the dollar in any significant way.

>> No.104137

>>104101

You don't understand how business operates..

The Bitcoin model is untenable for e-commerce. XRP will replace PayPal in the years to come.

>> No.104160

>>104077
>dubs
Thanks for the input, Im not overly experienced in the technical part of all this, but i get what you're saying. Im liking the way Vertcoin looks right now. Ive got a lot of reading to do now

>> No.104192

post shitty original content on subreddits dedicated to a variety of altcoins

receive huge amounts of tips

"invest" without actually risking anything

>> No.104219
File: 902 KB, 500x280, 1366208976902.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>104192
I like it

>> No.104215

>>104137
There's simply no way to back up a claim that substantial.

. is there?

>> No.104259

>>104215

You ca have an idealized libertarian and drug friendly crypto like BTC, but it won't ever go beyond what it is today..

OR, you can be a pragmatic and realize that business operates in a regulatory environment that demands transparency and certain protocols that BTC violates, and XRP offers...

I'm not here to sell you anything, you bet your money where you choose.

>> No.104332

>>104259
It seems that since Germany and several other countries have deemed bitcoin as private money or a commodity that is legal, and since the US Senate said that it had potential to be regulated and benefit out economy, and since the state of NY decided to start issuing bitcoin licenses to distributors of the coin, and since CA just passed a law that makes bitcoin legal tender, and since...

I really don't see why you think that bitcoin in not able to operate successfully in a regulated business environment.

When you buy them at coinbase or a bitcoin atm you have to give enough information for a positive identification, which may include a state issued driver's license. This is to comply with regulations surrounding money laundering. Bitcoin is actually a regulators wet dream come true. Even Ben Bernanke said that is could be a promising financial tool for e-commerce. You are out of your mind if you think XRP will beat BTC because it is more regulator friendly.

>> No.104329

>>103762
Digibyte, please go

>> No.104342

>>103762

>Hurhhurhuu dedicated community

Like I fucking care about 20 deluded dorks sitting around their computers and hoping their 100,000,000 shit coins will some day be worth 0.10 cents each..

I suppose everyone is "dedicated" if they have a financial stake.

>> No.104401

>>104332

That's your opinion of course. Time will tell.

I'm betting on XRP being the Blu-ray in the HD DVD battle for industry standard.

>> No.104411
File: 56 KB, 517x369, 1265907215845.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>104401

>> No.104488
File: 18 KB, 450x298, Oh....jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>104401
>>104411

>> No.104562

>"Sell me this crypto"
>"Go ahead sell me this crypto"
>"Brad, show him how it's done."
>"Boom, sell me that crypto. Watch."
>"You want me to sell this fuckin crypto?"
>"That's my boy right there. Fuckin sell anything."
>"This crypto... Why don't you do me a favor and buy something."
>"My alt-coin can't buy anything."
>"Exactly."

>> No.104610

>>104562
that film was so bad

>> No.104646

>>104562
>>104610
I thought it was shit too. Made me laugh though

>> No.104712
File: 9 KB, 150x172, microcoin.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>103564
>scrypt-jane nFactor, GPU miners will hop on it when FPGAs become more common
>unique block reward system (first ascending, then descending. Starts descending soon)
>devs making their own exchange and planning to expand it
>recently started getting attention from wolong's pumpers
>the community has been keeping quiet not wanting anyone to decrease their personal profits

Consider it a generous gift that I'm even telling you this exists.

>> No.104745

>>104562
>>104610

What vid? Cannot find on the googz.

capptcha: medical hepsins

>> No.104759

>>104137
I may be a little bit biased because I have invested in XRP months ago but I agree with this and I will explain why. The Ripple protocol allows you to pay and accept payment in any worldwide currency. It calculates the exchange rate on the fly, and then finds the fastest avenue to make the exchange.

For example:

>I want to buy a game system from someone in Japan using my $100 USD
>The person I am paying wants YEN instead of USD
>I pay them the $100 USD through the Ripple network and select my payment to be made in YEN
>The Ripple network calculates and exchanges the currency at the best rate possible with no fees
>The person on the other end receives the equivalent amount of Yen instantaneously

This in itself is a pretty powerful component of the Ripple protocol. It also allows for trading of any crypt-currencies (BTC, LTC, XRP, etc.) interchangeably by just setting up a trust line to one of the major exchanges. It is way faster than Paypal and solves the issue of chargebacks.

>> No.104880

>>104745
http://youtu.be/lPKm-dIIIkY

I should add, I am in full support of Mint and hope that it flourishes .

>> No.106216

>>104712
Yeah, you are such an exclusive kind of guy, having such great inside information. I already have 8 million of these stupid coins from buying them in a shotgun approach. Don't be fooled, there are a ton of other scrypt-jane clone coins, and this coin wasn't even the first to use it.

>> No.106249

>>104759
You now realize that protocols on the internet that are created by a large central group of investors with the intention of turning a profit always die.

Please, do go on about how HTTP is inferior to Prodigy in so many ways, and how the technical advantages of the latter will destroy the former.

>> No.106288

>>106249
>protocols on the internet that are created by a large central group of investors with the intention of turning a profit always die
[citation needed]

>> No.106312

>>106288
>what is http
>what is ftp
>what is tcp/ip
>what is large group of investors
>what is looking for profit

It's like you've never heard of the internet before facebook.

>> No.106332
File: 5 KB, 297x102, 75DZd[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>103813
Mining is def the way to go.
10 Days on vertcoin.

>> No.106338

>>106312
So a large group of investors is detrimental to the success of an idea? That's silly.

>> No.106376

Well, here's the deal. It's easy to make a quick buck out of them. It's also easy to lose it.

First, do you have a good computer, or enough money to invest into one (a few hundred dollars)? If so you can start mining and make some quick money practically "free" (after the initial investment and electricity costs).

If not, are you willing to send your personal information (photo ID, etc) to trading websites to verify your account? If so, you will be able to buy alternative coins instead of mining them, which will also allow you to make a quick buck (or lose it).

I personally say no to both, so I haven't bothered with them. At first it's a pain to read people say "I just made 20k overnight! to the moon, fuck yeah!" and think "man, those could've been MY 20k bucks!" but after a while it's like reading about people willing the lottery.

>> No.106552

>>106216
>buying for double price because some chink in IRC tells you to

I think I know where the problem is and it's not with the coin.

>> No.106828

>>106338
I never said "an idea". I said a protocol on the internet. Different types of investment work for different ideas. How hard is that?

>> No.106852
File: 84 KB, 447x600, whycantholdallbulltraps.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>106552
Considering that they increased in value by 25% so far, I don't see how I bought them for double price. As to the IRC wolong reference, no I don't follow scammers. I look for new coins that have potential and buy several of them at low cost and hope that a couple go up. That is called shotgunning. It has nothing to do with Asian people.

You are your brain on drugs.

>> No.106883

>>106852
Well that's good to hear. Excuse me.

>> No.107032

Wow, MINT did a great job on their website and their image, I'll hold them.

>> No.107054

>>104712
How many will there be? 4 Satoshis, Ill buy a few, tell me more, please.

>> No.107508
File: 80 KB, 1140x969, 001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Mint isn't a good coin, and i don't like their exchange or their dev team.

I really don't like the maxcoin dev team either, their algo looks like something made my a bunch of drunk chavs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILObfEzX92k

>> No.107821

>>103756

I bought 1.3 million at 8 satoshi 2 days ago, 16 satoshi tonight, bouncing between 14 and 16 on coinmarket.io really.

They use POS algorithm which I find interesting, at least, I am interested to see what happens after the first week or so in March. Cant' remember the exact date but something with the algorithm changes, of course, when Doge halved it dropped but some serious dumping may have influenced that too.

>> No.107856

>>106828

Or anything dealing with networks or software in my opinion, which is why Apache powers every website that matters, *nix powers every server that matters.

I mean Microsoft didn't power Hotmail's servers with Windows Server OS, Access Databases, and IIS server, Microsoft powered Hotmail with FreeBSD OS. So it's not like this is our opinion, the big guy's themselves admit it by their actions.

Windows Phone, 2% market share, Android is killing it in terms of innovation and development. A private centralized top down approach could never give me a 3 year old Gnex running the latest and greatest Android 4.4 with custom mods from Cyanogenmod. An open source platform obviously can.

Ripple did release the source for rippled the other day which surprised the hell out of me. However, I imagine there are still closed parts of the network/source that you'll never see. It's most likely a sleight of hand ruse, look over here at the shiny source code, while the important parts stay hidden.

>> No.107908

>>107821
Yesterday got to 20 sats. Climbed to #26 in coinmarketcap. This looks really good.

>> No.108095

>>107054
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397679.0

>> No.111496

>>107856
It completely blew my mind the first time somebody proved to me that most of Microsoft's servers were running on free software and not their own product that they try to sell to plebs. Really goes to show you how far all of the coins backed by Google or Goldman Sachs are going to make it as internet protocols. As if we didn't already know this from the first time it happened in the early 90's