[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 99 KB, 786x826, vxnbjcnefjdz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10298854 No.10298854 [Reply] [Original]

I need advice guys. My company is apparently an absolute shitshow.

Background:

I work as a financial adviser at a small broker-dealer. I was talking with one of the older guys earlier (jewish broker who knows all company gossip and what not) and he was explaining what's been going on with the company. Apparently 20-some odd brokers have left in the last year, revenue's been declining for years, there's no stock bonus program like at a big bank (because we're sub-chapter S and forming a UIT is above the back office's heads), and the 401(k) match program has been shitty because there's little profit. MD's have also been bailing at a pretty rapid rate

I've been wondering for a while if I should try to make a move to another company like a mutual fund or sell-side research at a bigger firm (My true passion is research). The only thing keeping me where I am is that my boss has been a great mentor and wants me to take over his book (one of the largest at the company) in a couple of years which means I'll probably be a millionaire by the time I'm 29. I also get to do some research in my position now, but it's not nearly as much as I want to be doing.

What should I do /biz/? My fear is that 1). My boss finds out I'm looking at different opportunities 2). I make the wrong decision and end up making less in the long run than I would with this guy

>> No.10298986

Financial Adviser = Professional Scam Artist

>> No.10299247

>>10298986
I used to think that too anon but the number of people we've been able to help who either 1). wouldn't be able to retire otherwise or 2). Had no contingency plan if they die early has show me otherwise

>> No.10299264

>>10299247
>no, no, goy, we have your best interests at heart