[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 116 KB, 1001x668, 6E883689-1350-4AC4-9447-56BA24EAF8FE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.10167148 [Reply] [Original]

Netflix is burning through 8 billion dollars this year on content. “But it’s worth it to make smash hits like HOC & stranger things !”

Disney owns all the marvel, Star Wars and kid shows and much more & they’re pulling their shows end of this year

Netflix pays to rent shows for a limited time , they don’t own House of Cards , they don’t own Stranger Things , they don’t own Jessica jones / All marvel shows

They don’t own the office, they don’t own arrested development , bobs burgers , most movies , most action / drama shows you watch

They’ve double their debt to try and keep subscribers and it’s not paying off

They’re only exceeded earnings Once in the last several years yet analysts keep raising their target.

There is nothing proprietary about streaming video online, and the big boys with real money are going to push Netflix out of the space with all the content they’ve accumulated the last 70 years

Puts and Shorts on Netflix until 300

What they do own

>> No.10167161

SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE ON TO A BIG SHORT OP!

>> No.10167162

>>10167148
hmmm.... you make some valid points OP. but netflix is one of those companies that is too big to fail. i am sure they can always sell data to get the funds required or create a back door for the gov like facebook has.

>> No.10167239
File: 341 KB, 1538x2048, 1A93BACD-8A76-4280-B03A-DD86C0B6C917.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

I’m not claiming they will fail or even go out of business . But as they stnd , their stock is currently valued with the next 10 years of earnings prices in.

Their stock price is so inflated , if you google it , they’re worth more than Disney .

Say that out loud , “Netflix streams shows online and now they’re worth more than Disney”

It doesn’t add up . Their P/E ratio is sky high, but people justify with “but muh tech stocks can’t be judged this way”

Yes they can it’s fundamentals. Last time people got this greedy and dumb it was sub prime mortgages being traded willy nilly.

Guys at Goldman have been watching too much Stranger Things & smoking dope after work (which is great btw)

Season 3 coming out , this must mean profits x 3 RIGHT GUYS ????

No, Sell stock you’re holding now and buy some puts until it hits 300 again , return to average

>> No.10167868

>>10167239
>Netflix streams shows online and now they’re worth more than Disney
you mean netflix has replaced TV and Bittorrent and they;re worth more than Disney.
Sounds about right.

>> No.10168097

I love Netflix, it’s convenient and they have a large, rotating selection of films and shows to watch. I have always known they aren’t profitable but didn’t know it was that bad. How are they possibly keeping the big investors happy? Even if they doubled the subscription price (which would kill them) they would still be deep in a hole. Many of the ‘Netflix original’ things I watch are pretty awful though. They have some gems, maybe 1 in 10, probably much less. Do they have a long term plan?

>> No.10168121

>>10168097
Their long term plan is to convince you their Netflix Originals are good.

>> No.10168344
File: 74 KB, 640x800, F9068F98-47A6-4B63-9E12-4B2E79CF9485.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

How are they keeping big investors happy ? Stock price is going up that’s all they need. Speculation is driving price up without valid earnings to back it up. So many news articles are backed by investment firms too so it’s important to inspect a company’s P/E ratio rationally .... 273? Now we’re getting into 2008 irrational exuberance territory . “New Paradigm!”

Remember black Monday happened in a day

>> No.10168347

I agree with everything, I bought Disney slightly below 100 about a month ago. At this point I just own Google and Microsoft. Once the fox Disney deal goes through, it's going to be lights out for shitflix. Netflix originals are fucking trash, stranger things clearly is the exception, but I'm willing to bet the marvel universe, star wars and every fucking Disney character ever is worth a lot more.

Plus I don't think Netflix can squeeze consumers much more on subscription pricing. They don't really have great content... Dear white people? I rest my case.

>> No.10168397
File: 3.09 MB, 998x1500, 0B3FED47-DF45-4068-8C72-E0F4ACE84834.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

Current stock price is already pricing in them getting all 660 million subscribers possible and doubling subscription price a few times . They’re bag of tricks is over . Volume has been high at the end of this month, lots of antsy traders trapped at 390$ in Netflix .

“buy the dip bro” prepare to be punished when correction to average growth comes. AKA 200$ levels

>> No.10168404

>>10168347

To add to what I was saying. Netflix talks about how it's got lots of info on what people want to see, from looking at people's browsing history, thumbnails they choose, like it's revolutionary. So does YouTube, and the face that normies love clicking on is direct with an open smiling mouth and surprised eyebrows. That knowledge isn't going to give Netflix any sort of moat. The reckoning will come, but the markets fucking irrational now, so who knows what will happen.

>> No.10168428

>>10168347
Ok dear white people is... I don’t even know. but Peaky Blinders? Narcos? Chefs Table?

>> No.10168502
File: 23 KB, 250x250, 89CEC266-5040-4A32-A634-1C30759293A7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

1126% growth last 5 years
172% growth last year
Stock market averages 8-10%
July - November : -36% slow correction
Prepare to be punished for these free speculative gains these past 5 years normie flix fucks

In fact , The whole video streaming market is way over valued over bought .

FED quantitative easing has allowed loads of cheap cash to flow into video streaming like a hot air ballon

>> No.10168548

Peaky Blinders, Narcos, Chefs Table = not owned by Netflix

Even Anthony Bourdain despised Netflix , his TV was on Hulu when they found him

>> No.10168578

>>10168428
They're doing nothing the BBC hasn't already made before. The problem with Netflix is they can't afford the movies you actually want to see. The best movies are almost all missing, or patchy at best. Like they have Terminator 2 but not the original. They're missing key films in the Nicolas Cage section. Their best stuff that Netflix has, is often paired with marvel. I'm just waiting for all the seasons of the Simpsons to be uploaded on the Disney fox platform.

Cooking shows are stupidity cheap to produce. Lots of the movies produced by Netflix are clearly too bad for theatres. Like those Adam Sandler productions. Unwatchable. The last season of arrested development? Terrible.

>> No.10168628

>>10168578
I could go on, but search up the name of any actor that's enjoyable, then look at all the shit that's missing. It's gotten worse in my opinion. They're trying to create new content to replace the old stuff, but other film studios still seem to be producing by content, just Netflix goes for quantity over quality. F is for family looks like shit and I like bill Burr. But it's clear they just push that garbage out.

>> No.10168640

I cancelled my subscription after getting fed up with the "muh diversity" meme series. If I wanted to see niggers and women acting crazy I'd just go on the streets

>> No.10168693

All the best films you know and love : true lies , terminator , nic cage , old Disney movies , all cartoons , the matrix , the office , big brother , survivor , Ellen , Oprah

New stuff : Game of thrones , Mr robot , legion, stranger things , the simpsons, Rick Morty, South Park ,

ANY SHOW / MOVIE / SONG / LIMERICK / JIG / MEDIA made prior to about 2015, Netflix doesn’t own....

And why is it valued 400$ expected to climb higher to 500$?

Who owns all this content prior to 2015?

Short Netflix 300$ Sep 21st Put for easy money

>> No.10168714

>>10168640
If I wasn't getting it for free, I'd cancel it. I realize the shows I want to watch are not on it, mostly HBO or showtime. Now I open it up, look around for 5-10 minutes then play video games.

>> No.10168731

>>10168693
who knows maybe no one will care about all the old content as we move more into a world with fast auto generated dystopian AI kind of shit.

i think that's the engineering netflix would be interested in, and i think it's a possibility people would prefer their identity politics poz shows in the far future.

>> No.10168741
File: 311 KB, 1061x1280, AD55DC81-5BB6-4E5F-9876-DA9A0F1A2AA9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

Comcast / Disney about to spend 50 Billion to acquire 21 FOX ENTERTAINMENT

Netflix about to spend 8 BILLION DOLLARS, 1/6th of this ... FOR WHAT??

Debt doubled this year , sky high prices , nothing proprietary,

Sell and take profits , don’t be greedy . This will crash to average soon

>> No.10168909
File: 14 KB, 250x191, no whales here OP.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>10167148
>thinking any of us on a chinese game show forum has any Netflix stock to sell into your putts and shits