[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 10 KB, 250x250, gggggggggggggs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10131837 No.10131837 [Reply] [Original]

Guys the previous thread was really good. reminded me of goodold biz. lets continue here.

Let's talk about our current, past or future business

>> No.10131856

>>10131837
last bread:
>>10091021

>> No.10132116

Anyone want to comment on that idea?

>>10096699
>>10097047
>>10097275
>>10097441

>> No.10132133

>>10132116
It would be a mix of a gaming cafe and a gym, I'm actually pretty mixed about it. I can see each of them thriving, but I fail to see any synergy.

>> No.10132161

Also, I am evaluating the feasability of manufacturing high-end PC watercoolers with the same technology used for the CERN heat exchangers. Thanks fuck my company let me work on it but it's still pretty hard to design.

>> No.10132164

>>10131837

I own a metal recycling company (scrap metal) I employ 4 other people and we've been going since 2014.

The money is decent.

Fuck gypsies.

>> No.10132175

>>10132133
Not really a gaming caffee.
Just for the members, a corner with a TV/Beamer and PS4 / Xbox or even some quick placed tables for PC/laptop gaming sessions if there is enough room.

It should be a place for everything you need to "make it", some place for /sig/.
Socialicing is a very important part to create a community.

>> No.10132186

>>10132161
> same technology used for the CERN heat exchanger
Great line for advertising it.
What soecial techology are they using?

>>10132164
Western europe?
everything that is not nailed ....
Nah forget it, they even steal cooper roofs in the night on building sites.

>> No.10132188

I really want to start a brothel

>> No.10132203

>>10132175
I get that but your joint would be inner city, where young people live. Space is rare and expensive.
Imo, a sort of cafe with healthy bewerages/food, books, enough room for laptops and a TV, quiet, cool and cosy, and behind that you got your gym. It's a project I can see working.

>> No.10132214

>>10132186
>What soecial techology are they using?
I don't want to say much, it's a bit touchy but the problem is that the startup costs would be prohibitive (cleanroom tech znd all that), so I expect to make a prototype using my company equipement, then maybe raise funds for that. I don't want to outsource the manufacturing to some chinese.

>> No.10132256

>>10132203
I'm in a city and there a many people wo would like something.
But yes, rent is fucked up here but they are trying to fill all those empty places so I might get a nice deal if I can pitch it good enough.

Some place for "studying and co-working" to help each other out.
some nice library with tons of non-meme books.
I will even put one or two noise cancelling headphones there.

The food part would be great but this has to be calculated really good and I shouldn't start with everything at once I think.

>>10132214
I assume that cooler would be really expensive and probably not worth the cost to buy?

>> No.10132268

>>10132256
Where would that be, roughly ?

The cooler would be in the 200-300€ range probably.

>> No.10132282

>>10132268
target the rich first then work your way down

>> No.10132320

>>10132268
some german speaking country

yeah your cooler might be for the richer guys.
You could try to get into those 10k$+ fancy custom builds if it really something special.
Since price is secondary and the unique features are more important.

>> No.10132364

>>10132320
I fucking love Austria. The only country I'd move to.
So far I'm doing the design, I still need to find a way to test the cooler.

>> No.10132379

guys with the rise of "foodies"(since when is liking good food a personality?) i was thinking about opening up a pizza place with a real stone oven, since there is none in my city. i even know a guy who made pizza and bread for years and i want to work with him. anyone has expierince here with something similiar?

>> No.10132438

>>10132379
depending where you are, you don't even need a licence, which is cool when starting such simple things.

is there no other pizza place or just no stone oven place?

>> No.10132454

>>10132133
>>10132256
That setting is way too personal to have a real base in the public, this can work as a very small scale-family like community buisness, but its not really a buisness, the other issue is how are you going to make money? Youd have to charge ridicioulus prices for that level of luxury (combination of huge space, free entertainment, good food) it wouldnt work out in a city because either you charge too much or you just wont make much of a profit, maybe you cant even make a profit no matter what you charge

I guess its worth a shot, but if I were you id run the numbers beforehand. Also youre a bit confused with the "studying and co-working" while putting xboxes in the place

>attracting people that want to better themselves
why does this sound like a scam?

>>10132379
>opening up a pizza place with a real stone oven, since there is none in my city
If there REALLY is none in your city this thing is bound to make money, but you absolutely HAVE to do delivery, and there shouldnt be a free day. Back in my city we had exactly one such place, they were insanely good, we always ordered from them, but make sure that if you are going the extreme rout with the everything original *tm* approach that you try to get fresh **nonfrozen** ingredients, aka you need to know someone for meats, maybe for fish, and itd be helpful to get someone for cheese too.

to attract hipsters you need to make everything your own, dough, tomato sauce, everything. pizza places used to be lazy, but as a small scale buisness you have no place with being lazy anymore.

offer specials with local ingredients, whatever, try to be >that< pizzaplace

out of curiosity, how many inhabitants does your town have? and is there a university?

>> No.10132532

>>10132379
Are you in the US ?

>> No.10132539

>>10132116
It sounds like a vague idea with no real customer, effectively what you're talking about is charging people to use a clubhouse.
So, the membership thing means you don't need to rent a retail space since you're not worried about foot-traffic. but the whole idea sounds very confused to me - is it a cafe? A gym? is it a self improvement workshop? What is it about, what is the one thing, it's point of differentiation? Is it a place to network, no - obviously not since it has a gym. Is it a place to learn? maybe... but about what? Is it a place to do work? No it's a place for networking with other gym guys.
I don't see it working without a clear value proposition.

This stuff already exists minus the gym stuff, artist's studios and communes, open floor plan offices for coders. The whole point of those places is cross-pollination of ideas, getting into a 'zone' physically where you're there to work, surrounded by like minded, driven individuals.

What's your price point for membership?
What is the costs of running this place for 6 months?
Who is your customer - what trait unites them, who is a celebrity they would all look up to?

>>10132379
Have you worked in the restaurant industry before? Otherwise: GOD NO!!!!!

>> No.10132543

>>10132438
>>10132454
there´s definitely no one in the city center that has a stone oven. My City has about 300000 people. And there is no place here that is THAT pizza place. But what i fear the most is i want the best ingridients but don´t know where to get them, like you said i want it to be as fresh as it gets. Also it wouldn´t be just pizza, the one guy i know is italian, he makes pizza and bread, which we could sell early in the morning and another turkish guy who would make lahmacun and other stuff.

>> No.10132627

>>10132454
I don't intend to have 100 members+
The gym part contains the most vital parts + good accessoires.
The couch part with social stuff isn't that expensive besides the initial costs.

Kitchen and food is not planned for the beginning.
But Beverages are easy to do.

rent is the big part here since it is not that cheap here.
where I am there is currently a massive amount of furtherance for new businesses, so this will help.
A fully businessplan (which will also get audited) with all details is needed so I will have the numbers.

I don't intend to make a huge profit with that plan. I want change.
it is written in these posts >>10132116

>>10132539
Yes there are some open questions.
I'm now in the phase to write everything down and do my businessplan which needs to answer all that questions.
I think some should be answered in my first posts (maybe in a sloppy way)
But that kind of place doesn't exists here.

It is my dream neverless to have my own place with that stuff.
If all hell brakes lose I can still use it for personal training sessions and rent it out to other personal trainers who have no own place.
A personal trainer co-working space if you want to say.

But with what money?
Crypto gains. That's why I want to do that thing, because I can afford it and I want to something meaningful.

>> No.10132664

>>10132543
also i wanted to accept crypto as payment, just to be the first one and maybe people would talk about it, free advertising

>> No.10132690

>>10132627
The thing is, if you have the start-up capital, you better not rent the floorspace and buy it.
You can have a small gym with a big lobby where your couch/books/TV/tables idea. You add a coffee machine and maybe a couple of shakes or smoothies and you got something that can work as a cafe and a gym at the same time. Try to be located next to a big industrial/office district and you can make money.

>> No.10132693

>>10131837
where do you sell ? or do you know about some online markeplaces like craiglist etc. without or with low fees and almost no policy ? thanks

>> No.10132726

Is it possible to dropship custom apparel? Not like handmade shirts, but some decent cotton T-shirt with words on it?

Sorry, retard speaking

>> No.10132733

>>10132690
> You can have a small gym with a big lobby where your couch/books/TV/tables idea
That wass my intention.
I'm sure my description was maybe a little over the top, haha
I knew I want those areas but didn't waste time on the layout since I can't predict the floorplan I will have.

The great thing is that I will get fundings since new "start-ups" are getting substituted like hell at the moment.
Pitching and selling my idea may get me some more funds, but for this the businessplan is needed.
I already got some great inputs from /biz/ and real life guys in the last days.

>> No.10132743

>>10132726
Drop-shipping was THE THING (besides crypto) in 2017 here at /biz/.
Of course you can.
There are some nice tutorials and info stuff flying around but I don't have them at hand, sorry.

>> No.10132748

>>10132726
Not sure if this is what you mean
>Redbubble
>CollegeTees

>> No.10132759

>>10132726
ofc but mostly stuff from movies ,games etc. with casual stuff you need like 10x more money on ads and higly experienced in targeting

>> No.10132775

>>10132748
man owning something like redbubble would be great. you basically need some creative people who need your platform and they bring you customers and ideas

>> No.10132806

>>10132775
Totally. And there's so much with a business like that you could outsource, I wonder how much actual assets they own because.
The only problem is getting that first community/user-base, after that, like you say - they will promote their own products, they provide the content.

>> No.10132818

>>10132806
*I don't know why I left that hanging 'because' there...

>> No.10132862

>>10132748

Sorta what I mean but it doesn't have to be that complicated. I'm not an artist or anything, but dropshipping political T-shirts to libs sounds like a gold mine and the products write themselves.

>Keep Families Together
>And Yet She Persisted

etc. you get the idea.

Just pay instagram feeds to shill my stuff

>> No.10132866

>>10132806
its seriously a great concept. i should actually try to find an idea like this, where other people do the hard work. same with affiliate marketing

>> No.10132879

>>10132543
>>10132664
seems like a great idea desu, so the only challenge is figuring everything out, with 300k inhabitants you dont even need to worry about a customerbase, the only pain is the setup. run the numbers, make a buisnessplan, then go and talk to people with an accurate idea of roughly where, why and how much you need from them, they will greatly appreciate it if you have structure before speaking to them, and the crypto is icing ontop of the cake.

Also I would focus on getting the pizza to run first, and then you can question wether you want or need to expand into turkish foods too.

>>10132627
So its a clubhouse without a kitchen? its a gym with videogames? you need to have something that people want. videogames/chillout with a gym sounds absolutely horrible anon, because not only dont those customer groups overlap very much, also you will alienate everyone thats not into videogames from coming to your gym.

Ive heard now: gym, kaffeehaus, something akin to a library, and videogames, you have to get an idea of what identity the place should actually have, because I promise you you cant do everything, people will just think its weird

gyms are isolated because noone wants to chill or work next to loud machines and sweating people anon, throw the gym idea out and make a decent coffeehouse with self baked bread and chillout areas or some shit. throw in a bar and you can do evening events, its easy stuff.

>>10132806
getting a user base -> just pay some youtuber to promote you or make a stand at some cons

>> No.10132923

>>10132862
Try those, I really don't know much else.

>Just pay instagram feeds to shill my stuff
Provided you've done your homework and found feeds whose followers match your target customer, yes. good idea.

>>10132866
Look into bookings websites and other aggregation services. Stuff like Trivargo, that's even less assets.
ages ago, there was this shitcoin called 'Paragon' I think, the one with the bimbo SI model turned CEO (or should that be 'cum CEO'?) she posted this pic on her instagram that an anon put here showing her getting off of a private jet? Looks legit right?
Turns out it was a promotional post for a website that BOOKS PRIVATE JETS - they don't even own a fleet! They just act as a middle man. It's a fucking genius idea.

>> No.10132999

>>10132879
A place for people eager for self improvement.
For people who do not know how and where to start, everything out of one hand.
Strong body and strong mind.

The corner/place for gaming is intended for socializing and is not an important core feature.
I can work around that idea but having a TV/beamer for the members to watch eg. sport matches together or play same games is not a bad idea.
I think the target group is happy to have a place where they can freely interact with other people without any fear.

Ever lurked some /sig/ threads?
I inted to give these kind of people a place to grow and improve.
So "normies" aren't really my target audience.
I could offer a seperate membership with gym access only though.

>> No.10133033

>>10132999
That might work, if you seperate the gym and the place you want to build, it will be hella expensive though for what you want to start.

>For people who do not know how and where to start, everything out of one hand.
People like that usually just need decent therapy. What you want to build is some sort of community, I guess that could work, but you will have to have people employed that are dedicated on trying to help and make this work.

>> No.10133047
File: 63 KB, 540x443, IMG_3972.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Posted earlier today but got archived

An anon mentioned a mobile game dev discord and I'd like to know if they could share the link

Additional, semi unrelated question. Another Anon talked about getting payed for minecraft server fuckery, and never got the chance to reply. So,
>how'd you(they) get paid for said item purchases, was a bot scanning every minute for purchases made then grant said player their items after completing

>> No.10133056

Any online business for beginners? Are shopify or affiliate sites still viable? I think some kind of subscription based service or course is the most lucrative.

>> No.10133071

>>10132999
i would go to a place like that, you just need enough people with the same mentality like you to kickstart the whole thing

similar idea: since i live in a city with a lot of students, how about a place for studying, like in a library, but you get free water, coffee and snacks. maybe even with a waiter who brings everything to the students. And they would pay a monthly subscription. I´d make it as cheap as it get´s, just to attract as many as i can. Any Ideas for extra gimmicks, so they choose this place over a library?

>> No.10133118

>>10132627
Mate it sounds like you wanted to start a business so you looked around your living room and thought "could this be a business?". Maybe try at least leaving your house on the idea hunt.

>> No.10133138
File: 9 KB, 275x183, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10133071
>library is free and you can bring your coffee/water/snacks there
meh

>> No.10133151

>>10133118
>>10133138
lol yeah it was a quick, not well thought idea i´ll admit, but with the other stuff im serious

>> No.10133176

How to harness power of the ginormous donkey schlongs sirs

>> No.10133199

>>10133151
To me a gym/internet cafe sounds awful. There's a reason gyms have showers anon, no one wants that in their face while theyre gaming or drinking coffee.
You're thinking of a sort of 21st century gentlemans club, which could be possible, but do you have the skills for that? Are you an extremely social person that loves people and finds it easy to organise them?

>> No.10133213

>>10133033
wet rooms (eg showers) are costly to build I assume.
Gym equipment is not that extremely much like in other gyms since I keep it smaller without the machines and just a few cardio machines (they are expensive wtf)
Furniture itself I need to calculate.

Seperating the gym from the rest will be interesting.
This will also depent on the room I will get to rent.

and yes it may evovle in some sort of community.
I will be there the whole day since it will be "my place" to work and hang out.
Card-entry system is not that much of a hassle and I will personally know who is a member so I don't have to be present all the time.
Having a community als brings trust (but there will be still cameras if something happens(legal reasons)).

> how about a place for studying, like in a library,
I would love to see that people start helping each other out on homework stuff/learning.
Tables / Couches will be there and stuff to support them (but no waiter).
> Any Ideas for extra gimmicks
Gym access, shower, evenings to watch (e-)sport events together or movies.
Anything else you might came up with?

>>10133118
or after having friends which I helped to get fit, helped to stop blaming others and start doing something to improve their life.
I described it in the last thread, I want to have an impact in future generations to be functional members of society.

>>10133199
> a sort of 21st century gentlemans club
Hm, that isn't far fetched and somehow fits it.

>> No.10133546

>>10131837
POST YOUR FUCKING TITIES WHORE

>> No.10133639

bump

>> No.10133668

starting up a twitter project with the niche in mind, going to make a social website for authority figures in the niche to make landing pages for themselves.

visitors to the site can then browse the profiles in organized fashion to find their favorites and also get a concise package of information relevant to their favorite user

>> No.10133688

>>10133668
>authority figures
You mean figures who are authorities and experts in specific fields or like Policeman, Mayors, Senators?

>> No.10133721

>>10133688
the former, people who are really popular. i'm going to piggyback off their popularity to start with by giving them free service and extra work for free to ensure happiness.

their advertising should help it off to a good start so it's worth investing in them. transitioning to a paid service for new users is easier once you already have lots of members.

also once the site has become popular, paid for features are easy to introduce since the users are getting value from the website being big and growing. so it's in their best interest to pay for features that highlight them among the crowd and help growth.

>> No.10133746

>>10133721
So it's like LinkedIn specifically for people who want to give TED talks?
I feel like there is already something like this, I do remember a website called 'help out a journalist' or something like that where experts could sign up and Journalists could troll through for commentary on certain subjects.

>> No.10133774

Did oil just drop 1% in 10 minutes ?

>> No.10133808

>>10133746
you could apply this to anything, any kind of sub community. authority figure to me, on twitter anyways, means they have at least a few thousand followers, and their tweets are popular, and defined within the popular sub community i'm targeting.

these are the type of low hanging fruit that will be approachable to your request and want to join your network.

i am just aggregating information and content in a creative way that the niche will appreciate. it solves problems and provides a convenience for the authority figures (they can provide links to projects and answers to FAQ), and the users too (they have an organized database to peruse for details and updates)

do you think you could apply this kind of project to a niche?

>> No.10133919

I've had this idea in my head for some time now and would appreciate feedback.
Basically it's like a social media for youth sports teams and athletes. For example say a soccer coach needs to fill a space in his squad, on this site he could contact local applicable players who are looking for a club. Alternatively players who are looking to join a club could get contact info and other information about teams they could join?
My IT skills are non-existent and and I'm from a small country, does this have potential? And be brutally honest.

>> No.10134029

>>10133774
Yes, yes it did.

>>10133808
Oh okay, so more like a IMDB sort of thing. Now I'm starting to see how this might work, since you're just accumulating information on them.
Would you put a ranking system like IMDB or Goodbooks?
What kind of information will it carry specifically? Like list of books and talks? How will you determine that someone is an 'authority'? I can see that once you answer those questions it'll be pretty easy to use that criteria to create an easily navigable database.

>>10133919
What level are you aiming this for? I don't think it will have much of a market at the professional level since scouters need to actually see and watch a player and probably already have their means of getting leads on good up and comers.
Not to mention sports fans are pretty autistic and you can find decades and decades of stats in so many leagues.

Maybe in more informal playing it could work, when sides are missing a few players for their local team and such.
>My IT skills are non-existent and and I'm from a small country, does this have potential?
In that case unless you can figure out a strong revenue stream from this I don't see it being viable.

>> No.10134152

>>10134029
Yeah I'm talking about kids sports up to like 16y/o. If a coach wants to see what standard a possible player is at they could look at the clubs they have played for in the past to see if they would be good enough. Imagine it like linkedin just for kids sports.

>> No.10134163

I've got unlimited access to a ceramics studio with a kiln. I was going to design things in blender and print out a mold for the ceramic widgets. Can't think of any clay project that is useful in this day. My idea is retarded. I just like doing something with no startup cost.

>> No.10134264

>>10134152
>I'm talking about kids sports up to like 16y/o
I can see that already raising a lot of problems anon, I mean since it's kids you're gonna need to make it so people who use the service are accredited... More to the point what's the revenue stream?

>> No.10134400

I'm Australian, 25 M... run business most of my professional life. Have been lucky enough to have an income to support my ventures. I have lived in China for time (1yr~) and established good contacts in addition to an entity I can operate a business from on the mainland in joint venture with a trusted chinese friend (inb4 dun trust him). I am interested in travelling to the USA (texas) to try and expand my business contacts and try to organize a network through myself and my contacts / capabilities within china and ties to Aus, through to the US, given tarrifs and trade wars going on i think this could be valuable moving forward. Thoughts?

>> No.10134436

>>10134163
look up the stuff on etsy and what some hipster brands from norway or some shit are selling

its mostly not very good craftsmanship and the hipsters are eating it up

>> No.10134580

>>10132116

I think this is a great idea but there are definitely a few issues that other anons already have mentioned. However, I also have some suggestions that could tackle these problems.

It’s difficult to make money off of a small, personal operation unless it is some sort of premium service who people are willing to spend a lot of money for. And I don’t see this as a service that would attract people who have that kind of money.

However, if you can turn this into some sort of “living space” I think there is a business case.

For example, purchase a large warehouse space in a city that is not too expensive. Make a couple of different rooms in the space. The rooms could be bedrooms, incubation spaces, gym, game rooms, etc. this way you could have a space where people pay rent to live, and they can work on themselves and their businesses while also hosting events. You could even make extra money by charging the tenants for services such as cleaning, food, personal training, etc.

I think people are okay with paying extra if it is packages with their living situation. So instead of payin $800 in rent they are paying $1600 in rent but they get all these extra opportunities.

>> No.10134728

>>10131837

This pic is garbage and so is all other advice about entrepreneur ialism on the net

Any advice to do with making money on the net is a scam

>> No.10135058
File: 2.86 MB, 2156x2651, 1524755199134.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

just a friendly reminder that you can just register to be an affiliate with coinflipper and shill your link to make $250 a pop, and $25/mo recurring per referral sign up

shill on reddit, youtube, forums, facebook groups, and you'll make more money quicker than you would trying to build one of these ideas

>> No.10135298

>>10131837
Anyone could give me some tips on where to start? I'm totally new to anything that is business and finance related. I'm incredibly ignorant and with the kind of job i have, there's not much time to do lots of research. Even if it pains me to sacrifice the only free time i have, i'm willing to do it to invest on myself so that i'll be able to make more money.
Any books/resources to start with?

>> No.10135346

>>10135058
sauce on the brapper?

>> No.10135739

>>10132164
This is one is pretty interesting.
How much did it cost you to start?
Do you process the metal into the raw materials ready to send to factories?

>> No.10136213

>>10134580
That is an interesting concept but way over the top for me.

>> No.10136222

>>10131837
I like this image a lot.

>> No.10136366

>>10135058
Are you on any other affiliate networks/sites? Don't want to hand over info via in house affiliate program.

>> No.10136370

>>10135298
start with selling old shit you don't use on ebay.

you'll unironically learn about basic shipping and handling, taking pictures, putting up item posts, receiving / interacting with online customers, making a paypal account, etc.

>> No.10136392

>>10135298

Read 4 Hour Work Week and nothing else. Then come back. My entire life is built on the same model/philosophy as in the book. It is the only book I recommend to people irl and I've read many books on business/self help/etc. I've never held a job.

>> No.10136432

>>10136370
>>10136392
Thank you guys. You have no idea but you're probably going to change my life with your suggestions, i want to change it. I'll be here until the thread's closed waiting for more possible suggestions.

>> No.10136541

>>10136432
Is there a list of businesses you can start without a trade certificate in your country?

There is sometimes really cool things you can do right away without a licence, this may give you some input.

>> No.10136892
File: 1014 KB, 960x960, 1528747034639.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10136366
JVzoo, https://www.jvzoo.com/affiliates/info/306073

>> No.10137453
File: 35 KB, 369x387, 1528304364026.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10132188
and I would like to visit it some day
+1 customer already

>> No.10138118
File: 1.60 MB, 480x480, 1512575160579.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10131837
I have so many ideas but I live with my parents in a house they keep making a mess of with a garage where my dad hoards scrap wood, broken machinery, and piles of assorted junk, and even though I don't have a job I have little to no free time because I'm expected to spend every day cooking and cleaning for them

>> No.10138258

>>10138118
start meal prepping and save some time that way

>> No.10138824

>>10138118
>I'm expected to spend every day cooking and cleaning for them

wtf? Are they terminally obese?

>> No.10138962
File: 331 KB, 1000x666, 1518827403789.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10131837
Has anyone brought up medical/recreational marijuana? Ive spent the last two years in the industry and plenty of room for small business.

The top models ive heard thus far is clone breeding and "private grow room setup" consulting company that turns residential rooms into grow ops.

Anyone else a MassHole here?

>> No.10139682

bump

good night guys. see ya in a future thread

>> No.10139716 [DELETED] 

I want to expand my scamming enterprise. We can upscale a tremendous amount. Currently have 4 employees (Indians) doing the grunt work, I chuck them a few bucks and they're happy.

You may have previously seen and/or experiences/been a victim of my work.

>> No.10139785

>>10139716
Sergey?

>> No.10139846

I've got an e-commerce business selling handbags, purses and some jewellery aimed at vegan and ethical consumers. Slow at the moment, haven't got much time to work on it.

And I sell domains, also pretty slow.

Got a few copywriting gigs going for blockchain, good money and I enjoy it, would like to scale this up for when I finish my PhD so I can copywrite and travel but earn on my own time.

I've got an idea I'm developing, as my PhD is in environmental science but I love blockchain, to merge these two sectors. I don't wanna give too much away here though at the moment.

Nice thread /biz/lets ty based OP

>> No.10139883

>>10133668
>>10133721
>>10133808

continuing...

my website looked perfect in firefox, checked it in chrome. a complete mess but i fixed it now.

got a few more tweaks to do to the website, got to write some copywrite and make some fake profiles for demo purposes.

then it's on to contacting my prospects and showing them what i built, that's going to be really fun.

i got a twitter scraper up and finding too what will help me target and communicate quickly with prospects

>> No.10139908

>>10139846
I'm a fairly decent writer. Considered a career in copywriting after college but ended up elsewhere. How do you stumble upon freelance copywriting gigs?

>> No.10139991

>>10139908

To begin with I think someone just noticed I liked waxing lyrical in a Telegram group and they invited me to write copy for them. They have a lot of clients, that's about as much as I can disclose.

Otherwise it's just a case of reaching out to companies. 'Hunter (dot) io' is an absolutely invaluable tool in finding relevant email contacts within companies, I use it for shilling my domains too LOL

Yeah writing is great, I get sick of it sometimes, I'm trying to write a short info-book at the moment too, but it comes in bouts. That's the only thing I'd be concerned about doing it full time, there's days where will-to-write is zero and I wouldn't want to put out sub-par copy.

>> No.10140052

>>10133047
https : //d ! $ cord .gg/ GdJ46D
Here you go, anon. Enjoy the all-consuming inferno of europoor butthurt.

>> No.10140291

>>10131837
>made some crypto gains
>setup a miner
>makes $200/mo, electricity around $80/mo
>$120/mo profit
>$120 gets me a massage, handjob, and a bite to eat

>> No.10140853

Just become a bounty hunter and make 40-60k per year catching criminals faggots. OF course this will be a dangerous task to do, but the pay is good

>> No.10141120

>>10140853
>60k yearly is good for risking your life

Kek.

>> No.10141478 [DELETED] 

>>10140853
>Being a criminal in a corrupt society that wants you dead or enslaves is bad
Blue pilled cuckolds fuck off

>> No.10141610
File: 59 KB, 1920x1080, wake me up.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10138258
My dad tends to cook random things for himself being completely inconsiderate of anyone else's plans to cook something from the ingredients that we bought specifically for me to cook something specific for supper for everyone.
I don't really have much ability to prepare considering that. I wake up in the morning, clean off a spot on the table, eat breakfast, clean off the rest of the table and counters, do a load of dishes, maybe make something to eat for lunch, watch 20 minutes of youtube videos to relax, make supper, pick my mom up from work (she got a new vehicle now though so that saves me 15 minutes), think about what to make tomorrow, take some meat out to defrost, then spend 7:30 to 9:30 listening to anime music, depressed that now that I finally have a measly 2 hours of free time I don't have any space to do anything that I want because my dad's shitty failed projects and scrap wood take up every square inch of floor space in the garage and if I cleaned it up he'd either get pissed that something's missing or see it as an opportunity to make a mess of the garage again.
>>10138824
My mom's fat but has been losing weight. She's a workaholic once a month and at work but lazy at every other point in the month.
My dad's quite fit and works a lot at home but he does every single thing in the laziest stupidest way imaginable such that he makes more work for everyone.
They don't expect me to cook because they're fat. They expect me to cook because apparently they're tired when they get home and since I don't have a job that means it's my job to cook and clean for them meanwhile I literally quit my job so I could work on being an Entrepreneur at home. NOT so I could cook these two adult babies their meals and clean up after their messes. They could cook their own damn food and clean their own damn messes when I had a job so they can do it now that I don't have a job. Fucking REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>> No.10142770

>>10133546
This is why she fails.
She can't follow instructions.

>> No.10142774

lol

>> No.10143440

About to get my logo done for my affiliate marketing website. Have 3k saved, been talking to people on /biz/ for a while about it. Any AMers here to give some dank tips?

>> No.10143576
File: 217 KB, 1080x1200, 1530643200598.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10143440
sign up to be a coinflipper.com affiliate. best payouts on any program out there

>> No.10143587

>>10143576
Nigga I see you in the other threads, don't think I'm some dumb boomer. I'm selling gadgets and shit, not coins.

>> No.10143641

Can we talk more about dropshipping.
Seems too braindead and "get rich quick" to actually work.

>> No.10144263
File: 3 KB, 249x250, 1513648128967.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I wan't to start a business so that I can make a lot of money and not have to work. But I don't know how to run a business. Advice?

>> No.10144361

>>10135739

I had previously wage cucked for a global metal recycling company. I already had a decent customer base that I knew would come to me once I opened up. The first 2 years were rough, had to deal with a lot of scum and degenerates, unfortunately I couldn't afford to be fussy as I needed to cover my overheads.

These days I can be a lot more fussy with the sort of people I buy from. I generally only deal with tradesmen (plumbers, roofers, electricians etc) and other companies who produce metal as a byproduct.

I only had £25,000 to start with. £10,000 loan from a kind neighbour and £15,000 of my own (had to sell my car). Last year I turned over 1.2 million and am set to turn over 30% more this financial year.

I cannot take all the credit but the competition in my area is really struggling since I opened as I've taken a lot of their customer base. I offer high prices as standard as I work on volume instead of margin and I am always sure to be as honest and transparent as possible when dealing with people. This industry has a very bad name as you can imagine (gypsies and rogue scrap dealers) and my customers always pass on my name to other people in the trade.

Manners and decorum everything.

A lot of people upon hearing what I do for a living turn their noses up at me and look down on me, I don't care though, I make my own money in life and I could never go back to being employed. Its not the most pleasant industry but there is a lot of money to be made in non-ferrous metals.

>> No.10144447

>>10144361

Just a little bit of advice for what my opinion is worth for anyone starting out.

There is no secret to being successful, being intelligent helps I am sure, but its hard work, dedication and sacrifice that account most of all. You have to be willing to sacrifice your time and put the hours in, hard work almost always pays off in the end no matter how retarded you might be. I see a lot of different people and I can safely say that the majority of people are just plain fucking lazy. They want to put in the absolute minimum effort required just to get to the end of their shift. These are the same people who then wonder why I can afford a nice car or a nice house or whatever it might be, fuck them.

The first year I did not take a wage, my girlfriend supported my financially. I am now returning the favour by supporting her as she starts her own business. I made sure to pay my workers but I didn't not take a penny myself. The next 6 months I lived on £50 per week (just enough to feed myself)

These days I clear about £3000-4000 per month which I know is not amazing by any standards but I will see an increase over time. However, I make it myself and there's an incredible amount of pride in that in my opinion.

>> No.10144726

>>10144447
this is the only advice that matters here

>> No.10145075

I have a micro business and I just got a bad review on Google from someone, I still have 4.4 but to be honest that's too low. Anyone know good ways to add Google reviews without getting Google suspicious. I know creating 10 new accounts and reviewing your company 10 times is a surefire way to get penalised by Google.

>> No.10145097

>>10144361

Whereabouts in the UK are you?

>> No.10145128

>>10145075
Just post your details on here bro, we'll help you out.