[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.81 MB, 390x300, 1397395046894.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1010490 No.1010490 [Reply] [Original]

I failed out of grad school last summer, started doing unskilled grunt work to pay off my student loans, and it's just now occurring to me that my resume has no professional, career-relevant experience on it outside of being a grad student for a year and a half and a mid-level summer internship the summer after my junior year of undergrad

I got my bachelor's (B.S. Economics) nearly three years ago and I feel my opportunity to get a career relevant to my major, or any decent career, is fast closing. I'm not really even eligible for any internships anymore.

What the fuck do I do to turn all of this around?

>> No.1010491

If you don't have connections you just took the long road in life. Maybe you can get a job as a secretary working for minimum wage. Otherwise you missed out on white collar work

>> No.1010513

>>1010491
>If you don't have connections you just took the long road in life. Maybe you can get a job as a secretary working for minimum wage. Otherwise you missed out on white collar work

this.

sorry OP. nothing else you can do if you've you weren't a just-be-yourself normie chad during college

>> No.1010520

>>1010513
>nothing else you can do if you've you weren't a just-be-yourself normie chad during college

B-but I was.

I just went to grad school instead of work after I got out. Turns out I couldn't handle it.

>> No.1010573

Post your resume or cv

>> No.1010582

>>1010520
>tried being a grad school student
>not cut out to be a grad school student

You didn't just be yourself, Chad. Post resume.

>> No.1010584

>>1010490

I started hearing Nickelback's photograph and ignored your question.

>> No.1010590

>>1010490
Only BSc no MSc? Well you should keep trying I guess. Keep putting out resume for work and internships while providing for yourself by gruntwork.

>> No.1010593

>>1010513
>nothing else you can do if you've you weren't a just-be-yourself normie chad during college
>just-be-yourself normie chad

Has /r9k/ seriously infected yet another board?

What the fuck is a "normie chad"? Yesterday I opened catalog and the first 6 threads were all frogposters. Guess it's time to find a new board or forum to go to...

>> No.1010596

Kill yourself

>> No.1010635

You've locked yourself into a middling path.

Think of the job you want, and then find a low-level position doing data entry or something at a place that has that job.

>> No.1010932

>>1010593
just want till they go back to school in January.
What career were you planning with a econ degreee anyways?

>> No.1010950

>>1010490
It took my friend ~5 years to get his masters in accounting. He only took 1-2 classes per semester while he worked odd jobs. Once he graduated he was able to land a decent job with growth potential. It sucks, but if you have to do that, then do it.

>> No.1010956

>>1010950
Sorry, the point was that if grad school is too difficult to do normally, then make it easier by only doing 1-2 classes at a time. Make things more manageable if you can. Also my friend is a puss and took the easiest classes he could weasel his way into.

>> No.1011068

Good. Now you're forced to start your own business.

>> No.1011188

>>1010491

this.

sorry OP.

I went down a VERY similar route myself.

I now do manual labor. I make like $20 an hour though, so meh. It's the $50k in student loans that sucks.

Don't worry, I think the govt loan bubble is gonna pop like Pompey Volcano, the govt will have no choice but to forgive most/all of the loans.