[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 176 KB, 1500x1500, leadgeneration.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10079267 No.10079267 [Reply] [Original]

I'm currently trying to get an interview for an internship, and I think a useful way to get some attention from potential companies would be by doing a project where I find leads for a specific company. Let's say for example that I want to work for a company that does bulk restorations on cars. So, in order to impress them I want to find them leads who have large fleets of cars to work on. My problem is that I have no fucking clue how to generate leads, and nothing on the internet is giving me the right information to generate leads for a company that I do not work for.

Am I over-complicating this?

Can someone help me out and give me an answer for what I should do to get leads in my hypothetical "Car Restoration Business" model?

Any advice you guy's have is really appreciated. I'm just out of high school, trying to learn about business without wasting money at college.

>> No.10079628

>>10079267
I know nothing about this but have you considered going to auto clubs, hilclimbing events, wedding car rental places, film props managers who deal with car collectors...?
Auto shows? Second hand dealerships? Racing events?

>> No.10079730

You are quite lucky i stumbled on this thread. Lead Generation is my bread and butter. Posting this to bump the thread and keep it alive

>> No.10079770

>>10079730
can you give a breif summary of what Lead Generatoin encompasses? Im kind of retarded

>> No.10079865

So if you are going to them with a lead plan, popular and effective lead generation is the establishment of the multi-stage lead generation pipeline.

Considering your hypothetical business resolves a need that requires stimulation, more than people actively seeking out the need resolution, you will need to focus on producing giveaway material to use as lead magnets.

Also before we go any further, if you think you will get leads without paying for ads, you need to get that shit out of your head. Organic lead generation is a fucking difficult thing to do and you will more likely fail then succeed.

So.
The pipeline usually goes as follows:
- if possible talk to the dealer and get their current database of clients. You need more than 100 but 500 should be enough. If you cant get it, thats fine but it will make advertising a lot harder
- research your target audience by joining Facebook groups. Observe their language and get familiar with terms and things that motivate them about vintage/classic cars. You will use this information to stimulate a desire for need resolution in future steps.
- produce a giveaway whitepaper that stimulates interest from your ideal customer base. For auto restorations, it could be tips about preserving your vintage car. Use language they use and start trying to create a desire in their mind thay plays of the key motivations you found in your research
- create two landing pages, use something like instapage because its easier. Also make sure it looks good on mobile, i can not stress this enough

>> No.10079866

>>10079267
"lead generation" is a meme that only actually applies to online companies solving some sort of wide-spread, mission-critical problem that has a massive well of untapped demand in waiting.

some stupid car restoration business depends on there being enough of a demand in their local area, so that traditional marketing methods like street-visible signs and a yelp/FB page can drum up enough demand to keep customers slowly trickling in. You're not going to magically create more demand somehow, think about it. How many people need to restore their damn cars in a particular area?

>> No.10079871

>>10079865
- your 1 landing pages should be a single non-scrolling page where you offer a giveaway for the ebook you made, mention the ebook will be emailed to them and they just have to give you their name and email
- your 2nd landing page will follow this format:
1. Headline containing research keyword phrase (youll know more about that in a bit)
2. Supplementary paragraph that explains a little more the need resolution people are seeking, this is where you can use some of those motivations as weapons to weaken page viewers to being more emotionally vulnerable
- ensure this is on the left of the page, on the right have a lead form for getting a free restoration consultation. Get their name, email and phone number
- ensure this is on a background image showing the positive outcome of resolving the need (e.g. a happy whatever the demographics of your ideal customer is cruising in his restore car)
3. Next section is an overview of your services and your usps
4. A symbol graphic table layout of 4 or 6 benefits for the customer at having the need resolved
5. Reviews from other customers who are happy with the service
6. A map highlighting their location
(You dont need all of these sections, but they all help)

>> No.10079881

>>10079871
At every fold (which is where a page appears and takes up the full screen) you MUST, i can not fucking stress this enough, have a call to action button relevant to the section that gets people to go and book a free consultation.

This button MUST not make you go to another page. It must instead take you to the lead form on that page using link to the div containing the form. Instapage has this built into their platform.

>> No.10079889

Not really lead related but since this is one of the few non crypto thread I'm gonna ask: I have a huge fucking email database with confirmed fairly big spending customers, quite targeted industry with lot of identity and passion.

Best way to monetize this shit?

>> No.10079895

>>10079866
in other words, your best bet is to just increase awareness about your existence and maybe make some effort to be visible where your potential clients would hang out (in this example, car shows).

>> No.10079924

>>10079881
Now I'll be more brief because we covered the basics

set up google ads to send people to the 2nd landing page, targeting people who are deeper in the purchase funnel and are open to giving their lead details. They also are more likely to buy, however the cost to get them will be high.

Use this stage to research the keyword phrase for this landing page.

Next set up facebook ads
Load that database and create a lookalike audience

create a free ebook giveaway ad and use the lookalike audience as the audience

Embedd tracking pixels for Google and Facebook on each page

create a lead success page - any leads get sent to this page after lead form submission

make a exclusion audience in Facebook based on people who visit the lead success page

Create a retargeting audience for any visitors to the 2 landing pages

Create retargeting ads on facebook using lead forms, hook that lead form up to mailchimp using a zapier integration. Push hard the motivations you discovered in your research.

Run this and then do constant AB testing. You will make lots of leads.

AND THIS DOESN'T EVEN GET INTO LEAD NUTURING WITH EMAIL AUTOMATION

>> No.10079932

>>10079889
3 ways

1. Create a newsletter with referral links to Amazon
2. approach companies offering to send emails on their behalf to this list
3. sell it to a list broker

>> No.10079949
File: 704 KB, 480x287, YMC6hSf.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10079866
>"Lead Generation" only applies to online companies

>> No.10080720

>>10079866
>"lead generation" is a meme that only actually applies to online companies solving some sort of wide-spread, mission-critical problem that has a massive well of untapped demand in waiting.
>t. starting 10th grade in the fall

Kek, no.

>> No.10080744

>>10080720
he's write about lead generation not creating more business.

however lead generation is a long-term game and you are trying to be a friend to as many POTENTIAL clients as possible. because when they DO DECIDE to buy, you are at the front of their minds because you invested maybe 1% of the profit you expect to gain from them when they eventually do buy.

>> No.10080835

>>10079267
If you were good at lead generation, you wouldn't be applying anywhere ;)