[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.16 MB, 1387x1020, 1527541308357.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10052283 No.10052283 [Reply] [Original]

Once upon a time, there lived a young bull. He grazed in a lush land of green pastures surrounded by his friends and family.
However, overtime, he found that his small plot of land where he roamed in his youth was becoming sparse, both of vegetation and of bulls. The friends of his childhood seemed to have climbed on up to other pastures, and they were always running away faster than he could catch up. One day he noticed that he was the only bull left. The vegetation changed and bears moved into his land. Each bear refugee was bigger, browner and more ferocious than the last.
“Come on, bull, you want to stay here? Become a bear like the rest of us.” The little bull was a small and defective bull, and each day the temptation to become a bear grew stronger and easier. The long green grass that bulls feed on withered away.
It was at his weakest that he staggered into a strange building. A guiding hand held something out for the bull.
“Take this, and hold onto it. Never let it go.” The bull found LINK.

>> No.10052285

The wise man who had given the bull that life giving gift commanded him,
“Bull, you have had a hard time, but you will have a harder time yet. You’ve barely survived on the meager grass left here, but this LINK will carry you through. Take this LINK onwards to Lamboland.”
“There is no more grass here for you. Only disgusting varieties of scamcoins and hopelessness. Let the bears feast on it, the only way you will survive is if you make it to the land flowing with LINK and lambos.”
“Where is Lamboland?” Asked the bull.
“No one knows. They say it is where Mainnet crosses Adoption. Face towards the future and keep going that way and never look back.”
At that time, the sun was setting. The bull turned to face the sunset and began walking that way.
“And remember, never sell.”

>> No.10052292

F A T
A
T

>> No.10052295

When the bull began his journey towards Lamboland, he found that he was not alone. For the first time in a long time, he found himself with a herd of other bulls. They too, held LINK.
They crossed different towns together, November, December, January... For a while, a friendly native called Assblaster led the way. Other times, they stopped to feast on breadcrumbs of information. The solidity was fantastic. He had never before felt a stronger sense of belonging.
At first, there was FUD. the bull was immensely intimidated by it and his hands trembled. They were ready to drop his bag of LINK. However, other bulls guided him through and he became more and more sure of his holdings.
The little bits of green grass were supplemented with the abundant memes the older bulls shared with him. Even when there was no grass to be had, he simply looked at his bag of LINK, and his burden wasn’t so heavy to bear and the journey wasn’t so long.

>> No.10052312

By now, Bull was immunized against all FUD. He walked with a spring in his step, feeling that Lamboland was just around the corner, Mainnet would launch and anytime now the journey to that place would end in a great paradise.
However, there was a different kind of FUD now...
His bull buddies, the “LINK marines,” slowly began to shift. Bull noticed over the course of a few weeks, the herd seemed to thin out more and more.
“Where did everybody go?” He looked around.
“They became bears.” An observer replied. Bags of LINK dropped and abandoned across the fields. He hadn’t noticed it before, but it was painfully obvious now. At that moment, he caught one of his own buddies deflecting. A panic seized him.
“Where are you going?”

>> No.10052337

“To the forest.” The other bull said. Bull could see the transformation happening before his eyes; strong muscles melted into flab, quick hooves gave way to gnarled claws, and the spring in his step gave way to a slow, lumbering crawl. No more did that bull rise steady and strong, but lurched over snuffling the ground.
“You should come with, if you have any sense. Give up on that LINK, you’ll be a fool if you hold onto it any longer. Just settle for a life here in the forest. Be realistic.”
“But Biz said never let go! Never sell!” Bull cried out.
“You’ve wasted your time. Aren’t you suicidal by now? Were you really that naive?”
“I’ll take these bags and yours too! LINK is all that’s giving me hope.” Bull said, his determination growing as he heard the words from his own heart. “You may settle for the comfort of giving up, or the pleasure of being wittier than me, but I will hold on and I will never give up.”

>> No.10052352

It was many days and bull found himself alone again. When he looked up, there were more bears than bull, so he kept his mouth shut and quietly continued on. The days were cloudy and darker still. His life had gone so completely off course that he had given up hope of ever seeing his childhood peers again. Would he even look like a bull anymore? Or some deformed monstrosity that was too far gone? Not only that, the most painful part was the abandonment by the very herd that had promised to go with him. There were days when he had gone to bed hungry, his only solace was that bag of LINK. He would fall asleep looking at it, over and over again. He kept telling himself, “Sergey will pull through... The partnerships are coming.”
Each time he crossed a town and asked them about Lamboland or Mainnet, the citizens would either laugh at him or feel sorry for him. There would be one or two who would say, “just a few more miles ahead,” whether or not he believed it. He had traveled more miles than he dared to count, through waves of poisonous red grass and LINK dropped like worthless scat, but kept continuing on anyway.
Once, he heard a voice cry out in the distance, “any other LINK holders out there?”
Bull wanted to rush over and cry out at the top of his voice, “I’m here!” Yet, he stopped himself. By now, LINK had seemed like a joke and he would look like a fool. It would be even more discouraging than it already was. So that bull was also left to trek on, alone.

>> No.10052361

To each bull came their own crisis point. That was the point that they could hold no more, whether it was a psychological failure or financial desperation. For Bull, he had crossed rivers of FUD like they were mere streams. LINK was a sound investment, but it was the waiting, the hopelessness and loneliness that gnawed at him.
The ground was dusty, the valley bleak. Bull had found himself starved of any grass for months. He was weak and all he could do was look at his LINK, but even some days he dared not look. He was amazed at the lengths the body can pull through physically, but even then it has its limits. He dragged himself onwards with what little strength he had left, until he came to a cliff. If it had been any day earlier in the journey, he would’ve found ways to cross over it. But today, this obstacle was too much. He laid down on the ground, “I will try crossing it later.” Somewhere, he knew that he would not get back up. He did not even have the strength to convert to a bear and retreat. He would die here, a naive bull to the end.
In the distance, he heard a voice.
“The partnerships are coming!”
He heard wings beating overhead.
“The partnerships are coming!”

>> No.10052370

Something gripped Bull firmly, and he felt his limp body rise. The dusty ground slipped off him and his hooves touched the cool air.
As if he were in that state between dreaming and wakefulness, he was vaguely aware of being transported somewhere and laid gently down.
At last, with what dregs of life he had left, he forced himself to stand up and open his eyes.
Beautiful, lush green grass. Oceans of it. It extended far, far beyond the horizon. Otherworldly abundance. Other bulls galloped in it.
“We’ve made it.”
These were no ordinary bulls - they were golden. They were branded with the holy sigil itself, belonging to the highest cause. This was the herd he truly belong to all along.
For everyone that knew the young bull at his darkest, they now believed. They call him the Permabull.

>> No.10052389
File: 46 KB, 400x350, 1524600364806.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Older bedtime stories:
1000LINK LINKlet and the old whale
>>/biz/thread/S8958501#p8958734
The tale of Wagie Wojak
>>/biz/thread/S8975194
Sergey takes LINKers to lamboland on a spaceship
>>/biz/thread/S8995103#p8996767
Magical Girl Linkette
>>/biz/thread/S9014675#p9016368
The night before Testnet
>>/biz/thread/S9086150
Golden Timeline
>>/biz/thread/S9294321#p9296617

As for the origin of bedtime stories, in April there was a wave of good news/information and some Anon posted that they seemed to happen when he was about to sleep.

>> No.10052450

>>10052352
>LINK dropped like worthless scat

>> No.10052471

F A T
A
T

>> No.10052477

also if anyone has other bedtime stories pls link them so i can add to the list. it's comfy rereading them

>> No.10052607

>>10052477
I liked this bedtime story. I will take a break from my project this evening and maybe write one of my own.

>> No.10052638

LINK is shit but after reading this I hope it has a miracle moon one day and you make profit.

>> No.10052653

>>10052607
thanks fren that would be pretty sweet

>> No.10052674
File: 68 KB, 604x516, 1504915947654.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10052370
I...i needed this

>> No.10052684

I love Link story time. I wanna be a golden bull one day.