[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 3.09 MB, 1628x1080, Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 23.50.35.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10019694 No.10019694 [Reply] [Original]

What are we going to do about the rapidly advancing centralization of entire markets onto single corporations like; facebook for communication/social, google for any kind of web services and technological advancement, amazon for retail etc. and the simulatneously exploding gap between the poor and the rich?

Which forces will be shaping the next 100 to 300 years, will it be capitalism, humanism, democracy, something else?

>> No.10019832

bump

>> No.10019957
File: 97 KB, 500x700, 1520265048394.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10020143

Tech needs regulations. We let the software/technology sphere let it run its course because we were afraid of stifling innovation, and it has caused irreparable damage to the modern people thanks to things like social media and control of the masses through new media, censorship (twitter, google, and FB censors conservative views) and propaganda.

>> No.10020794

>>10019694
armed revolution and genocide of the jewish people

none of this could ever happen in a free market within a nationalist state with appropriate tariff structure.

>> No.10020908

AI will make most jobs useless and some sort of universal basic income will be imposed. The world we live in will turn into a cyberpunk-esque society. Similar results will follow- poor/middle class will live boring/generally unproductive and meaningless lives, while the rich influence and cause change.

>> No.10020922

Embrace it.

>> No.10021095

>>10019694
Maybe stop letting the US gov control literally every major platform on the internet? FB, Google, Youtube, Twitter etc etc

>> No.10021107
File: 82 KB, 312x284, casualVB.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10019694
I was born in 1994 in Russia and moved to Canada in 2000, where I went to school. I happily played World of Warcraft during 2007-2010, but one day Blizzard removed the damage component from my beloved warlock's Siphon Life spell. I cried myself to sleep, and on that day I realized what horrors centralized services can bring. I soon decided to quit.

>> No.10021133

>>10019694
They'll die randomly before that happens. Have you never seen a company that owns 90% of the market go belly up?
What are you, 29?

>> No.10021611

They kill the leaders before it happens. Look at what happened to Steve Jobs.

>> No.10021642

“Unconscious” capitalism will almost crush ecology and humanity. Democracy is meme. We are innovating more than we need to. We have forgot that even though it has started from Agriculture, technology is a game to control us and Nature. We are so engrossed into this game that we have forgot it’s a game. Nature doesn’t care XBOX Games. Technology and Innovation without morality and compassion, have detached us from ourselves, others in small communities and Nature. The funny part is: we are so arrogantly audacious about our technological progress that we are failing to see “it’s a progress trap” and it’s perennially keeping us unhappy and dissatisfied.

This is not a typical rant of a crypto-anarchist. Unless we organise ourselves and our institutions (gov and corporations) in a decentralised manner, nothing will change. Do you see “top down” command-control pattern in forests? Do they have a manager tree or employee tree ? All Nature does is- create appropriate environment- sunlight/ soil/ rain etc.

Only realistic transition I see is: decentralise organisations internally by splitting massive hierarchy into self-resilient startup companies all harnessing financial / marketing and other resources of the company. I believe ConsesnSys is building something like that (along the line of DAO / Liquid Democracy / Aragon)