[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 181 KB, 828x817, image0-311.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
946641 No.946641 [Reply] [Original]

What do you do when you're eager to learn but you're stuck at your day job? I'm an office receptionist so i sit on my thumb all day listening to podcasts and playing runescape on my phone. I'd love to use this time more productively but it's hard when i can't do anything hands on. The best i can think to do is browse this imageboard, but that just makes me envious and a little horny. I can at least come up with ideas, but i'm a novice and i'd rather be at home playing with blender...

>> No.946645

Blender is designed in such a way that you learn how to use it the day before you leave this world forever.
The UI is so bad, there so many bugs and it's getting worse with every release, so by the time you learn how to use it, your youth: gone, your wife: divorced, you kids: complaining about their absent grandfather.
You're blessed. You just don't realize it.

>> No.946807
File: 134 KB, 2000x1471, cryhard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>946645
>Blender is designed in such a way...
>The UI is so bad, there so many bugs...
>You're blessed. You just don't realize it....

kek! its free, everyone who works on it dont expect any payment ...

...go fuck yourself!

>> No.946808

>>946807
another retard!!! kek!!!!! go on artstation and you can find pros using it!!!

>> No.946809
File: 170 KB, 293x293, 1683540865311039.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>946808
>go on artstation...

...and? ..look, ignorant idiots dont understand that you can learn everything 3d with blender without paing thousands of euros to autodesk jews or by corrupting your workstaion with aids by pirating some shit ...

...to learn how a sotware works is easy, to think in 3d isnt!

>> No.947752

>>946641
>anon starts thread to ask a question
>first 4 posts by shitflinging retards, none of them on topic.

That said, if you have a cool boss maybe he'll allow you to bring your own laptop and work on it when nothing is going on.
Otherwise I guess might try going part-time or manage your free time. Or get a job that allows you to work part-time and/or from home.
What does a typical day of your life look like? How many hours do you spend on which activities?
If you do gaming or watch anime or other stuff like that, stop the habit (uninstall all games, put the anime websites on your host file to block yourself from accessing them) and use the time to learn 3D instead.
(I suggest Blender and if you go into detailed game asset creation with "realistic" complex materials later, buy Substance Painter from Steam.)

>> No.947753

>>946641
follow a daily routine

>> No.947776
File: 334 KB, 386x386, 46452345325.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>946641
Grab a notebook with Blender or an iPad with NomadSculpt.
Or just a sketchbook and sketch your ideas/study anatomy or architecture, or whatever you want to later create in 3D.

Here's something I sketched up on my train commute in NomadSculpt

>> No.948323

>>946641
If i were given the chance to be a receptionist i would have my laptop with me all day everyday. And a sketchbook to the side.
OP, you are paid to sit and talk to ppl from time to time, why aren't you doing all the online side hussle that exist?
DAMN< IMAGINE THE SEX!!
>>947776
>a begro child skull
bro, u racist

>> No.948366

>>946641
You're going to have to time budget. You already have the curiosity to be on here. Why not bring a sketchbook with you? If you really want this, you would not let a daytime job get in your way. You would practice any chance you can get. (which in your case, is when you get home from work). Put in the hours of learning. How about instead of listening to podcasts, you watch people on Twitch streaming 3D and art. Instead of playing runescape, you watch (listen) to a few beginner tutorials.

The hands on situation will be whatever roadblock or excuse you put in your way. You have time to get into 3D but you don't want to.

There are plenty of people who have jobs that suck a lot of time away from what they want to do but the difference is how passionate they truly are. You can't keep using your job as an excuse. I'm not saying your job is insanely hard and time consuming but if you're admitting to fucking around on your phone with games and listening to podcasts, you're already your worst enemy.

You can browse this board all day, every hour, of everyday but it's not going to mean anything unless you in fact, get hands on with 3D. Your job can't possibly be that time consuming that you can't put even 5 minutes into doing basic tutorials.

We all start from the bottom. Just go for it.