[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 277 KB, 579x802, 4chanisthebest.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
946497 No.946497 [Reply] [Original]

I'm trying to make a 3D reconstruction of a flame from images taken with the same RGB camera from different angles. What software do you recommend to do the modeling? For now my only options are OpenCV. matplotbib and mayabi

>> No.946510

You want a 3d model of a specific flame?
If you're not a shit poster, I'm actually curious why you'd want to do this.

>> No.946573

>>946510
Hi!!
I want to take pictures of a laminar flame with a RGB camera from different angles, and then recreate with the flame shape with temperature mapping based on the light spectrum. For now I have the physical experimental setup, and I'm configuring in openCV the temperature color mapping algorithm.

>> No.946621

>>946573
good luck, man. i'd be surprised if you could pull an accurate point cloud of a 'volume' from just rgb photos, but i've never tried it.

>> No.946761

>>946621
In fact, it's my master thesis, I'm trying!!! thanks for your good wishes my friend.

>> No.948218

>>946497
You could give a try to making simulations and getting as close as possible to what the pic related is, then when you reach the desired simulation, you can do a "freeze frame" on the cache, then you just render