[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 241 KB, 5000x2143, 1674928421088879.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
945928 No.945928 [Reply] [Original]

When did u realize that this meme mindset is the correct one.

Pic related.

>> No.945929

>>945928
Reads more like a cope from someone who sold their time for money. ofcourse people will pay you to be their mercenary if you have a valuable skill-set but the price for crossing that bridge is very steep.

In real life it plays out like that but the punk guy doesn't say 'oh no' they willfully pass on opportunities to make money to keep as much as they can of the very same thing orange was willing to sell; their time and autonomy.

>> No.945930

>>945929
t. zoomer

>> No.945932

>>945930
>zoomer

Made in 1982 actually. 'Anyone who values autonomy over money is le irresponsible gen-Z' Reads as even more cope anon.

>> No.945934

>>945932
and how do you pay the bills?

It's not like you can't simply you know, enjoy your job, right?

>> No.945936

>>945934
By being as 'pink' as possible til what I did eventually became so valuable to others that my source of income became aligned with my autonomy.

Can you be happy doing what 'orange' does? Ofc you can, but you wont be chasing your big dreams.
You go orange you've settled for sustainability in exchange for pursuing the aspirations that burns so bright
inside pink that they're willing to pursue whatever that something is to the detriment of pretty much everything else in their lives.

>> No.945937
File: 37 KB, 600x443, 1682134642260123.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>945936
you know my dad was like a low class brickslayer.

And when I was young, I never understood why he was happy, if he was a trade worker all his life.

But he used to take me to like skycrappers he helped to make, and he was really proud he keep mentioning all his life.

I worked in that and that build and that bridge.

Sometimes, life teaches you some hard lessons the hard way.

>> No.945938

>>945937
Yes. But this webcomic above is written from the vantage point of someone who was 'pink' but went orange and now tries to justify this to themselves
as tho it's some 'red pill to making money' as Op points out as if 'making money' is a endgame onto itself.

When you suit-up and clock-in and reduce yourself to a cog in the machine you're doing so out of the understanding that you're buying into a social contract
that will enable you security and opportunity. Provide you with housing, healthcare and afford you to start a family and so on and so forth.

That social contract existed in a very real way for people like your blue collar dad, but pins on those ladders are stripped away so fewer and fewer can follow
that path and gain the same wealth and sustainability making it a ever increasingly Faustian bargain even for those willing to pursue such a life.

Someone with the psychology of pink that will be a rockstar at what they do or die trying didn't take that bargain even when it was still appealing like when I were young.
Why would they ever go 'oh no' at someone who accepts it today when they will be working twice as hard for way less?

>> No.945942
File: 578 KB, 863x1991, 60 dollar therapy session.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>945928
>open thread claiming the REAL RED PILL
>it's the textbook bluepilled way of doing something with multiple layers of extra strength good goy release formula
Every time. Now guess who is actually making money in that comic.

>> No.945943

>>945938
99% of the pink guys will starve to death.

>> No.945944

>>945942
I dont have vagina to do your pic related.

>> No.945945

>>945942
>Now guess who is actually making money in that comic.
the comic artist, not the 2 strawmans inside your head

>> No.945949

Test

>> No.945951
File: 192 KB, 1280x549, that's what it means to provide context.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>945944
That's fine. It's just a setup for the follow-up answer: business-oriented individuals specialize in making money and that requires being dynamic. They're certainly not fixated with tunnel vision on a single craft hoping for the side-effect of a fixed income from their merchant masters. This happens to apply to the author but I'll get to that in a moment.
>>945945
If you're trying to think in English, then now is not the time my kawaii little ESL.

>> No.945956
File: 1.05 MB, 1440x2535, starving artist.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>945928
Damn OP are you another visiting redditor that's into this esoteric normie content? There's a more compatible board for this bait called /ic/; It has the added benefit of not being dead.

Hey what do you know? Finding the author was ridiculously easy. Incredible. Now I have the power of meta to ascertain the comic's meaning by seeing past it, starting with his other comics. Oh, the author is a factory packaged Welsh liberal arts major and self-described "queer" touting third person pronouns. He comes complete with off the shelf values and political beliefs. Who would have guessed? Hmmm that's alot of followers. Doesn't look like he wage slaves like your typical aspiring /3/ nigger. Unsuprisingly, he offers you "BLOB EROTICA" as a "LOVER" tier patreon subscriber. He also has quite diverse merchandise shop and crowdfunding scheme to boot. Damn and I thought becoming a disposable cog for a company with a tradition of ninja looting breast milk was the road to El Dorado. Really puts things in perspective.

Looks like he kept the real red pill for himself. That's okay. This isn't anything new even for a site going through its dark age phase before it's put out of its misery. You could have lurked on this graveyard board alone at the start of the year and come across a thread with some anons who already did the meticulous research for you regarding figurines and online business models. Better luck next board, OP.

>> No.945966

>>945956
>>945951
>you can't agree sometimes with someone of the oposite political party
Americans are just a funny culture.

>> No.945969

>>945943
No they won't. It's true life will wear 99% of them down and they will ultimately fail in their pursuit.
At this point they will either grow humble or resentful and settle for whatever is available to them, they'll prob end up in a worse spot
than orange but they won't starve to death.

Thing to understand about chasing the dragon is that all the years you live pursuing your dreams are years where your course of action is aligned
with your aspirations. Even if the endeavor in the end is futile and you fail you've already experienced a creative journey that orange never had the balls to embark on.
It's not like the 99% of pinks who fail went empty handed out that exchange. It's this 'better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all' type deal.

Sometimes in life you'll gamble on something to find your best shot wasn't good enough.
Thing to understand is that when you walk away knowing you gave something all you had to give you can be satisfied in your attempt.
Not everyone get to be a winner but only those who dare the odds will ever hold a ticket.

>> No.945972
File: 3.86 MB, 1212x1126, 1673293866904.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>945929
>>945936
>>945969
I don't understand why are you taking this absolutist stance of either "rock'n'roll and die young" or "be a corporate slave forever".
Like anons have said, there are one in a million cases of people just throwing everything away and succeeding in doing their own thing by pure luck.
However, most of the people who get to enjoy their own brand/product (be it a videogame or an animation)/studio:
1) Started as pink
2) Realized the reality that you need money/experience/connections/networking to pursue your dream
3) Worked as orange to get all of that while still maintaining their dream project in their free time
4) Once they are ready or a good opportunity appears, they move on to their dream fully prepared.
If it doesn't work out, go to step 3 and repeat.

>> No.945999
File: 8 KB, 190x200, 1684245527990.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>945956
>Seething this hard because a guy does a color blob
Kek. Why are inceloids always so triggered like this? Like god damn, touch ass.

>> No.946023

>>945956
keyed