[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 1.09 MB, 1920x1080, archviz#2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
933514 No.933514[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Everything /archviz/ /arch/ related.

I must say that the previous thread was kinda wholesome so I'm making a new one.

Previous thread: >>924307

>> No.933515

>>933514
I'm a fucking idiot copied the text of /sqtddtot/.

Old thread is >>918693

>> No.933518

>>933500

Welcome to /archviz/. I think your best bet would be to start with skp.

Look at this https://youtu.be/XeUuWesrJGU

A huge chunk of professional architects use skp as their 3d modelling suite. It has tons of documentation and its easy to learn and master.

Also it has cool 3rd party rendering plugins and you can make pretty awesome images with it.

>> No.933520
File: 3.77 MB, 5760x5760, Test 14.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>933514

Right now I'm making variations on this little 45sqmts apartment for a project in hot climate.

>> No.933564

>>933514
Anyone have a link to pirate Substance painter?

>> No.933571

>>933564
>>928943

>> No.933660

>>933520
did you have to make all those props or were they all premade?

>> No.933669

>>933660
All fixed furniture was made up to design specs.
Bathroom, kitchen and shower fixtures are made specifically for those brands so I have the original files. Bed, clothes, books and planters are evermotion assets modiefied to be more optimized. Chairs where modelled fon another project so I had them. Doors and windows are parametric objects coded by me.

>> No.933990

>>933564
Use getintopc has great substance torrents.

>> No.934081

Do you guys know any good website to download floor plans for apartments and buildings? I've tried a few, but most either suck or is paywalled

>> No.934162

>>934081
It's in spanish but it's vast.

https://www.bibliocad.com/

>> No.934170
File: 2.19 MB, 2255x798, Test 9.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just had to render 70 360 panoramas at 6k.That almost fucked my servers but I managed. Just made the calculation in Rebus and that would have cost me 750euro. That is almost the price of a new render node with a good ryzen 5600 and 64gb of ram. How do you guys manage big rendering projects/ animations?

>> No.934184

>>934170
>How do you guys manage big rendering projects/ animations?
I've never did such massive projects, at most I've rendered 4k stills for a few hours. Have you thought of passing these costs to your clients? It's a very unusual project you have there. Some folks I know would rather use render farms over local servers too.

>> No.934225

>>934184
I always give the option to the client to pay for a render farm and get the images in 1 day and pay the fee or wait 5 days and they always seem to prefer waiting. Cheap fs.

>> No.934605

>>934399

What I would do is to film an actual hockey game or download on from the internet and then match the camera perspective to your render.
Another alternative would be to download some basic hockey player models and the make them skate on a fixed path just o illustrate a game.
If you are editing in premiere rush just render your hockey ring with a chroma pass and then composite the video inside the ring.

>> No.934607

>>934605
If you want to make it 3d. animatin some of these models on a fixed path will create te illusion of a hockey game imo
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-model/hockey

>> No.934609

>>934607
Just found these, they look pretty decent https://free3d.com/3d-model/hockey-player-and-hockey-goalkeeper-cg-7631.html

>> No.934612

If you pay me 300 bucks I'll download this model and the collapse it into a Lumion compatible animted fbx block for you.

>> No.934640

Is Lumion still the best render tool for quick decent renders? Or has twinmotion caught up?

>> No.934661

Anyone using AI to do shit to their renders/projects?

>> No.934662

>>934640
Tm has always been better for larger developments
Lumion shits on TM for more photorealistic interiors + pools

>> No.934664
File: 33 KB, 647x934, Test 10.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>934661
Yep me. I keep an chat gpt tab open for when I need to automate a task via maxscript.

The other day I had a stupid ass problem relating to conflicting render node handles with no solution on the ineternet. Chat gpt was the one that suggested reinstalling the network adapters and erasing the registry of the install in the nodes and voila it helped me sove a non documented problem.
AI is crazy stuff. If a computer is a bycicle for your mind AI is the engine that turns it into a bike.

>> No.934867

I see a lot of south american guys make decent money with ArchViz but how are things for Americans? how do I even start freelancing? Do stuff in fiverr?

>> No.934872

>>934662
I tried TM a while ago and scattering was still quite bad. Maybe it changed, but creating grass was always a pain in the ass in TM.

>> No.935550
File: 351 KB, 1733x840, terrain.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>934867
I think freelancing on fiverr is pretty difficult for amerifags cuz you will be competing with people who are better than you and only eat rice so the charge 20% af what would be good for you.
Even I, a filthy South american find fiver no worth it. The competition is too damn unfair.

I would reccomend working locally for freelancing, star searching for small arch and construction firms in your area and build a portofolio. If I country like mine has opportunities you can bet there is work to be done in america and you could be tapping on a merket that platforms can't tap: people who don't use them. The penetration of freelancing apps is not that big and from experience only people who look exclusively for cheap labor use them. You are better of networking in your town.

Currently I am modelling a complex topography. I fucking hate modelling on inclined surfaces It literally takes double the time.

>> No.935563

>>935550
where are you from?
i'm argentinian and i'm advanced architecture student, and i want to go freelance because wages as architects are kinda low so earn a wage in dollars are a really advantage here, but i'm kinda lost where platform publish myself, i heard that fiverr and freelancer. com are for indians that earn pennys for a semi decent render.
cold mails maybe? idk,

>> No.935577

>>935563

I come from the country were we say hijueputa a lot.
Uff first off vote for Milei boludo. Yep in your case web freelancing is the best option cuz the argentinian peso is worth less shit than my peso. Your best bet would be to create a decent portofolio and try to use a more serious platform like betterpros.com.

Don't go for the mainstream stuff, its full of pajeets and li's,

>> No.935581

>>935563
I think I've already talked to you about hardware...

>> No.935590

>>935581
colombian? yeah, we talked about software and you helped me alot, i already solved that out.
now i have to practice a lot and make a good portfolio.

>> No.936246

the soft-spoken swedish u-tuber i like released a tutorial for rhino+twinmotion lesgoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9AXnrGe0eQ

>> No.936483

>>936246
I'm an oldfag and never have made a render in rt. Maybe I'll give it a try. Interesting.

>> No.936807
File: 2.89 MB, 7524x1280, low.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sketch for an office building.

>> No.937254

>>936807
looks amazing.
by the by chairbro, you think there's a chance for an poor archi student to get into freelancing renders?
like even if i got good enough to do it i wouldnt really know how to get started. cold emailing local studios? posting my portfolio in some online forum? idk how people get into these fields really

>> No.937256

>>936807
>>937254
also im impressed by the photoshop seamless editing of the building on its context lol. seems like there's even refraction going on in the windows or maybe im tripping lol

>> No.937258

>>937254
Thx anon.
>you think there's a chance for an poor archi student to get into freelancing renders?
Of course. Duh don't be pessimistic anyone can get business if he has the wits. What I always tell everybody is to really differentiate between employee vs freelance vs entrepreneurial paths. If you want to be an employee working in arch-viz you should focus on building a good portfolio that demonstrates technical skills on a good range of situations. If you do with the freelance path you should learn firs to sell yourself and learn how to manage costs, expectations and skills all at the same time.If you go with the entrepeneurial path you must have experience as an employee or a freelance and then learn how to manage, network and grow a business. In my case I've been all 3 things in archviz first I was an employee working full time in archviz for a large construction company, then I got to associate with someone and make a company specialized on archviz related services. The company was very successful but I never got in good terms with my business partner I got to manage a small team of visualizers I got tired of just managing and not creating. Now I just do the odd job as a freelancer but I try to keep a corporate facing towards the clients. This lets me work for serious firms and companies without loosing the freedom I have as a freelancer.
So to your questions, do all of that, network, post pieces on forums, call firms, do everything there is no golden path there is only experience and in the way you'll find your path.

>> No.937261
File: 1.99 MB, 2538x1024, captura50.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>937256
>also im impressed by the photoshop seamless editing of the building on its context lol. seems like there's even refraction going on in the windows or maybe im tripping lol

You are tripping anon this is NOT a good Photoshop job by ANY standard. If you watch closely all images have integration defects and wrong perspectives matching the backgrounds. I know what you mean: 'the images look natural' but that's not because it is seamless its just standard cg trickery:

1.When taking background/drone shots take them with the least amount of contrasted light this will let you bake colored contrasted light in both rendering and bkg plate so the image looks integrated'

2.Divert the eye to what matters: All images are badly seamed onto the background (That is because the client asked for preliminary images of a building these are not final designs just a draft for investors) so I usually brighten up and saturate the building a little more so no one notices the bad editing on a first view. Look the images up close and you'll see that the backgrounds are far from perfectly integrated.

3.Use photography to your advantage: I think that by 'refraction' you mean that glazing seems to reflect the environment of the building. Well that is just a quick 360 photo of the place. Also the sidewalks and asphalt are just cleaned up plate of the real stuff with normalized lighting.

>> No.937301

>>937261
yeah lol after posting i zoomed in and saw some details like the perspective shift on the street on 2nd pic or the "cube" at the back of 3rd lol.

anyway thanks for your advice anon its really helpful

>> No.937610

As a pirate, can I use livesync with revit and lumion?

>> No.937615

>>937610
Not many software manufacturers, specially plugin manufacturers bother with enforcing the host software's EULA because they always assume a legitimate use of the main application. Almost 100% of software EULA's for third party will include a clause that reads something like: 'If you use our plugin on an unlicensed version of the software you are 100% liable, we are not liable etc etc.
So legally no, you can't. But practically... yeah there would be no software restriction AFAIK. There is nothing stopping you except the EULA, the software's DRM and your country's law (if it applies).
Livesync to my knowledge is an offline application so yeah as a pirate you can do anything you want just don't pillage and rape maidens, that is actual damage.

>> No.937667
File: 1.72 MB, 1600x2133, 5616819.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is the secret to reach photo realistic renders mastering lighting and getting high quality textures? I've been using lumion's default textures and while they're good enough they don't get me into that photorealistic setting I want to achieve. I'm still getting lighting but day shots still look kinda artificial.

>> No.937723
File: 3.51 MB, 3840x2880, niggerstonguemyrealism.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>937667
>day shots still look kinda artificial.

Post your work nigger if you want some kind of feedback instead of that beautiful man.

>1.72 MB

>Is the secret to reach photo realistic renders mastering lighting and getting high quality textures?

There is no silver bullet to photo realism. You can have the best lighting and texture but lack the geometry, color grading, composition, resolution etc etc. Photo realism is just a term for a well balanced image that can be achieved by many paths. The only thing they share in common is 2 things, good references and experience. Keep working and you'll achieve it.

>> No.938422
File: 1.23 MB, 1920x1080, t05.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've been making random scenes to practice, I'm stuck at this level and can't tell what can be done to improve. I'm thinking maybe colors are giving too much of an artificial look but couldn't get them tuned right. My goal is photorealism.

>> No.938463

I started feeling limited by skp after using it for a while, and while it's not burning hatred I'm slowly getting there so I want to learn something new. How's the blender archviz experience?

>> No.938465

>>938422
it's way too perfect, there is 0 imperfection
also your lighting is quite bad here

>> No.938470

>>937667
Use real world values for lighting. I think many people make a mistake of placing and testing lights individually. Like, they put an arbitary number for a sun and sky and that seems correct, and then do the same for interior lights and such. But put together, it all looks flat.

In reality, if you use camera exposure adjusted to sunlight, all the interior lights barely even register. And if you expose for interior lights, the sunlight should blow up the image with brightness.

>> No.938477

>>938463
Starting to get pretty good. An architecture company I worked with a while back have switched fully to Blender for visualizations. Max still reigns supreme in the industry, but Blender has slowly been getting good archviz assets, and decent render quality/time for doing work. And I think plenty of firms are starting to get fed up with Autodesk's price gouging and licensing practices, so Blender being the free option is looking more and more attractive.

>> No.938479

>>938422
Could you post the scene so we can maybe take a look? Maybe we could post our own renders of it, and make comparisons (and give info on what we did and how we did it).

>> No.938484

>>938477
>Autodesk's price gouging and licensing practices
Even pirating 3ds feels like supporting their massive jewery, fuck autodesk honestly

>> No.938489

>>938484
And it's just not Max. People are also getting tired of being held hostage by Autodesk with Revit as well. Either pay up whatever price they ask, or flush your entire company down the toilet because every project and asset you have or ever had only opens on their software.

>> No.938497

>>938465
what can be done to improve lighting?

>> No.938506

>>938497
What software/render engine are you using? Inb4 giving reccomendations

>> No.938508
File: 1.81 MB, 2560x1080, Scn 5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>938479
Yeh I would give it a try also. Post your scene.

>> No.938509

>>938422
1.There is no way this scene is lit by real values/those 2 artificial lights, there are no unlit areas/areas not lit by global illumination.
2.Gamma in the diffuse map of the chair legs is wrong. The ior of the glass table is not close to 1.52 or it does not have a refraction value. Materials do not appear to be correcly configured a dielectric materials so everything has a stronger diffuse value than it should. TV has baked fallof lighting or is wrongly shaded.Mirros has a diffuse value so it bakes grey defauld diffusiuon onto its reflections remember mirrors are supoosedly 99+ ior surfaces with no diffusion.
3.Occlusion is way to exaggerated in the ceiling and walls. Occlusion must not used as a way to calculate contact shadows if you want realistic results you must have the sufficient ray density/sampling to reproduce that effect naturally.
4.Chromatic aberration must be used sparingly.
5. Bad use of camera settings. This seems to have at least an fov of 85 degrees, this has no photographic exposure or the global lighting wont let you balance your blacks.

Don't feel bad anon his scene is 80% correct. The extra 20% to get to a photorealistic render just takes 80% of the time and that comes with practice, experience a good knowledge. I invite you to post this scene and I could make a video on how to improve it.

>> No.938716

From what I have gathered, the 3ds+corona combo is the appropriate one for better results regarding realism. However, I have noticed that corona is mostly cpu based renderer rather than gpu, wouldn't that be bad since gpu can render a lot faster than cpu?

>> No.938718
File: 833 KB, 1020x1200, campana.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>938716
Yes and no.
>3ds+corona combo is the appropriate one for better results regarding realism.
Not the best render engine in terms of photorealism but 90% there. It's my daily driver because of compatibility with vray and huge library acess. If I had my pick for photorealism I would use Maxwell, I love the shader system. Photorealism can be achieved by many render engines, the tool will do its job well and the remainding part will be up to a good eye and good workflow.

>wouldn't that be bad since gpu can render a lot faster than cpu?
Don't fall for the gpu meme. Yes, of course gpu's are faster than cpu's and getting better every day but it all comes down to asset managment, memory managment and asset agnostisicm when it comes to professional archviz. Cpus still are a good choice when it comes to levaraging system memory for trillions of polys and gbites of textures. For example a 1sq km scene full of trees can be handled no problem on a simple cpu rig but would be a problem on a gpu even on virtualizaed memory. So for many kinds of archviz proyects and workflows gpus are still a bottleneck. Now If your aim is to render simple interiors and or fully optyimized scenes and/or use a rt render engine well gpus are obviously better. I never render on my workstation, for that I have a server with many nodes that offload that task while I keep working so gpu's are not a sensible investment for my workflow. I can render a complex 8k image in 8 hours of combined render time that will come up in 20 minutes or so if I leverage all my systems at once so scalability, compatibility and agnostiscism are the reasons I still render fully on cpu. Also cpus are more resilient, I have completed 15 years doing archviz and worked with all kinds of render engines, systems and environments and I tell you gpus, unless they are server grade, will fail after a couple of years of heavy archviz work but cpu's can endure years and years of rendering without failing.

>> No.939080

>>938716
If you are considering GPU, Unreal is the only option that makes sense, otherwise just stay with CPU.

>> No.939290

>>937723
Nice preset, mind if you share

>> No.939295
File: 971 KB, 1837x900, Scn 26.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>939290
That aint a preset that is a scene I made for a client that needed a quick sketch for a house.
Can't share it but I can give you the link to the hdri https://cgskies.com/sky.php?sky=285?type=all I use the sample no need for ultra res.
Its literally h a basic scene with some forest scattering and a free hdr.

>> No.939347

>>939295
>Corona hotfix 2

I've been having a lot of issues with corona and vray installed i downgrade again to 3ds max 2015

>> No.939350

>>939347
Yep. This is a box license that I've had for years and I've never felt the need to upgrade.

>> No.939373

There's any good youtuber or site for learning Revit? I know the basics but I recently got a job offer and they want to do a Revit test in a few weeks (they exclusively use that, and enscape/lumion/twinmotion for rendering) so I wanna revisit the whole program so I don't fumble like a retard through the test.

>> No.939391

>>933518
Looks slow and tedious af

>> No.939392

>>939391
>Looks slow and tedious af
As architecture as a whole.

>> No.941449

>>933514
Good course that teach archviz on unreal engine5?

>> No.941955

Any reason not to use Unreal instead of Corona? It just looks so much faster and intuitive to use.

>> No.941957

where the heck can i pirate Rhino 7 from? all youtube videos are a week old and seem like scams

>> No.942168

>>941955

>Intuitive
I've been doing cg since the days of brazil and pov ray and trust me corona is 3 clicks away from a good rendering there is nothing more intuitive than that. If by intuitive you mean the rt feedback you get when populating, lighting and setting scenes with unreal then yes unreal is "like a video game" in that matter yes its more intuitive.

In my case Corona is part of the many marriages you have to stand on a professional level. Many of the assets the we have bought are corona or vray ready so there is no point in wasting time with datasmith if all of our workflow is structured to be as fast as possible inside 3ds max without a non offline renderer. Another marriage is a set of custom and purchased scripts that manage and populate scenes and renderings within 3ds max and leverage directly the render engine via maxsxript. Changing that to a renderer like unreal would mean an overhaul of our daily workflow.

>Faster
Of course it is and on certain hardware but it is still not the best option when working on a network of people. The beauty of an offline renderer is that scene packaging, compatibility and backups are simplified to a single filetype and that is very important to some studios to be as lean as possible when it comes to getting back to a 4 year old project and making a few changes without being a hazzle to update a bunch of stuff.

I am not defending corona . The future is obviously rt and ai but offline renderers do have a place still in the industry specially when the priorities are not speed and or intuition but quality and standardization.

>> No.942169

>>941449
Nope sorry not familiar with unreal. But ant tut on another version will do right? It's the principles not the buttons.

>> No.942173

>>942168
are you brazilian?

>> No.942371

>>942173
Nope. Brazil is an old school render engine probably discontinued before you where born.

>> No.942372

>>942371
*were. fucking phone autocorrect.

>> No.942397

>>942169
yeah, can you share it pliz?

>> No.942454

I am making a game in >Daz but the interior assets for sale seem very limited, i'm starting to think that making some of the interiors myself will be the best bet. It sounds like Blender is the best tool supported by Daz, what I want to know is:

1 : How difficult is it to make fairly small interior scenes in Blender, will it take me months to learn, or is it simply a case of a few days of watching tutorials
2 : Would you recommend adding materials and objects like wardrobes in Blender, then exporting, or just making the basic shape of the interiors I make, then furnishing them in Daz?

>> No.942563

>>942397
>Nope sorry not familiar with unreal.

>>942454
Option 2. An it would take a week to learn to do it decently.

>> No.942565

>>942563
it fine if it not on unreal.
i need the principle anyway

>> No.942598

>>942565
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyaNhr61QQY

>> No.943732

is archiviz just fancy daz for failed environment artists?

>> No.943733

>>943732
No. It's architecture for failed architects.

>> No.943734

>>943733
heh, i guess that makes sense.
what about interior designers? is that actually a real profession, or mostly just the purview of wealthy housewives.

>> No.943735

>>943734
It depends. Professional interior design is legit for me. I once worked on an interior design firm that made the fitouts for fortune 500 companies's hqs. Also professional interior space optimization is a legitimate architectural pursue just check https://www.youtube.com/@nevertoosmall

No all interior design is gay homosexual bimbos choosing fabrics for your tea room curtains and even that it may be vane but the managerial skills of securing furniture, dealing with contractors and getting your client to understand and visualize a space is a legit pursuit.

YTou can take any hobby and or activity to a proffesional level. There are only two exceptions: Sociology and phylosophy. Those for me are not legitimate pursuits as they are comunist breeding grounds.

>> No.944189

>>935563
hey me too, I just started looking into 3d stuff because I am vaguely interested in architecture
what uni are you studying at? i'd go to UNLP if I decided to study architecture since its where I live but idk how good it is

>> No.944494
File: 3.51 MB, 1600x1200, render2.effectsResult.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>944189
im not him but surprising how many argiefags are in here.

UNMDP here

>pic related: my first ever render when i was trying to learn vray lmao

>> No.944539

>>944494
>UNMDP
Que bueno ver a tantos porteños y cordobezes por aquí che. No onions argentino pero me caen muy bien los gauchos. Voten por milei boludos que se les está acabando el país pelotudos.

Would you mind some critisim? What software did you model this with?

Keep it up.

>> No.944596
File: 119 KB, 1536x825, Stonecladding.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I can't find quality stone wall cladding materials anywhere. Dry stacked, grouted, natural shapes.

Anybody have a good source? Happy to pay a premium.

>> No.944607
File: 3.84 MB, 1920x1080, Image1_002.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>944539
>criticism
oh i mean sure haha this was literally my first render ever so i didnt even know how to boxmap textures. now im still not really good at rendering, but im at least a little bit better lmao. student life is pretty busy so i quit trying to learn vray and went into twinmotion because time (i want to learn unreal eventually), but i can always use some tips

>> No.944827

>>944596
https://www.arroway-textures.ch/products/stonework-1/
Arroway in my opinion is outdated but good if you don't have pixar stadards.

>>944607
Nice. Yep that's it box mapping no amount of geometry will replace a good mapping solution specially when as an architect you can recognize the way concrete is supposed to be poured and formed.
Even if you are using RT solutions you should learn how to make shaders from scratch just to get familiar with the dielectric properties of a material. That will make your life easier when troubleshooting a render.

>>941449
Yep. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT8aSTkpkDY

>> No.945633

>>944827
gediminas da goat

>> No.945773
File: 325 KB, 1599x899, IMG-20230513-WA0007.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

WIP
Designing a farming allotment for Uni

>> No.945810

>>945773
Love the grass variation.

>> No.945939

Maybe one of you can help with this >>>/g/93449523

>> No.946073

>>945939
thread was archived. I can make custom scripts for 3d set creation in 3ds max for a fee of course. If you are still lurking contact me here.

>> No.946275

Ok this is full of latinos, im an argie too lol. Q onda wachines?

I've been doing renders for a while now, my quality has gone up so im trying to scale up my business.

Last year I started working for my first overseas clients but I was getting paid like $50 per image. This year I wanted to start charging up to $600 since I think my quality is worth it so I started a new IG page and rebranded my business. Got a client in the US that paid me like 300$ per image and now Im working with a contruction company here that pays me 100$ per render so im not there yet.

So my first question is how do you manage your time with multiple clients? Right now im working with only one client that gave me like a month to do the project. I spend about +8hours per day only on this project so if I were to have another client it would be impossible to work on both projects at the same time. Should I hire people if I get more clients?

And the second one is... how do I get more clients? Lol I dont want to use shit platforms like fiverr, I was thinking of sending emails to construction companies all around tje world but I worry they will end up ignored or in the spam folder. All the clients I had until now where due to contacts, old clients or because they contacted me. But im not getting these clients often enough so its time for me to reach out.

>> No.947263
File: 594 KB, 1920x1080, k22770PpBbukh4d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>933514
OH WISE AND INFORMATIVE CHAIR NERD, where would recommend to get good panorama or backgrounds/backplates like in >>944596
or pic related

>> No.947334

>>946275
Q onda.
I still charge per image but I make sure the client understands that that is only the pricing part but the real calculation should always account for the complexity of the project.
> So my first question is how do you manage your time with multiple clients.
Made many comments on that but the TLDR version is. Take your own installed capacity and divide it by 2. If you can work 100 hours a week only make yourself to plan and work for 50 hours. It's the only sustainable way to not burn out. Trust me I've had it twice already and each time its less fun.
> Should I hire people if I get more clients?
Been there done that. Only do it if you want 2 things: Make yourself a manager and make services your business. What I mean is that I had an archviz studio with employees and the opportunity to manage a group of some 30 artists. I saw what that would entail in my future partner (divorced, being a slave to its own employees and unhealthy as fuck) and I ran away. The service industry requires something I am not willing to make and it's selling time. I am making the transition to be a freelance developer who's only client is myself. First thing I found out is that it's exactly 10 times less profitable but far more scalable to sell products and pre-made services. So If I made 150k a year I now make 15k. (It's okay cuz I live in a south american country) but I now see the opportunity to make that money without spending my time.
>how do I get more clients?
Quality not quantity. I literally have only 3 clients now. And that is sometimes far more that I can manage. Only time and good service will make you good and profitable clients. Best advice is to search for the best clients where they are and that means that a director of marketing of a construction company is not on fiver or facebook. It's sitting on his desk and making appointments with service providers. Make sure to get in line and make and appointment with him. It's not impossible trust me.

>> No.947336

>>947263
>OH WISE AND INFORMATIVE CHAIR NERD
Not wise. Im just a 30 something dumb fuck from a backwater country,

>where would recommend to get good panorama or backgrounds/backplates

Not a single clue dude. All the backplates that I use come form going to the proyect location and taking them with a dslr or a drone.

If you are making practice images your best bet would be to make your own with your phone or using a street view 360 panorama downloader. Did you know that street view panoramas can be as big as 17000px x 9000px?

>> No.947338

>>947263
This might work for you anon.

https://hdrmaps.com/freebies/free-hdri-maps/

>> No.947369

>>947336
>>947338
Thanks a lot man will look into everything you've said, also no, I didn't know the resolution was so good on street view panoramas, that's great!

>> No.947621

can you guys point me to video guides or free courses to learn this in 3dsmax
i've been looking on and off for a month but I've kept hitting dead ends.
I spent a lot of time on this, but the more I did the more it didn't seem that good.
https://youtu.be/NWWzc1YDQdM

>> No.947896

>>947621
Not a single clue. But hey I have to model a couple of houses for a personal business project I have in the next weeks. I could record my process and then post it to youtube.

>> No.948344

>>945773
looks real cool mang.
what software is that?

>> No.948345

>>947896
not that anon but i would love that

>> No.948725

Is there any point getting a drone for archiviz? Been using Revit and was able to bring in a digital twin mesh for site context, Nvidias Neuralangelo looks promising. Learning blender for concept design and hopefully renders. Anyone else using a Revit Blender workflow?

>> No.948915
File: 2.84 MB, 8000x3553, calle_diff_lowres.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>948725
>Is there any point getting a drone for archiviz?
In my book, t's the third most important tool for an archviz artist after your computer and a dslr.

A good chunck of my image packages clients require aerial renders but that is not all. A drone can let you do a quick survey of the project context, make 360 panoramas at the height you need, model a topography using photogrammetry etc etc.

If you are serious about archviz you should get at least a basic one. I have both a Mavick 2 and a mini 2 I usually use the smaller one because it's less conspicuous and more portable.

This is an example of a sidewalk texture made with a drone, the original image is over 45k px and lets me use real surroundings for cool street level pics.

>> No.948916
File: 2.81 MB, 5000x5000, lobbyhotel_lowres.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>948725
>was able to bring in a digital twin mesh for site context

What if your client does not provide site topography or there is just not time to get the data? Also are you going to model the surroundings for the heck of it. Most ofarchviz is still 50% photographic composition.

>> No.948944
File: 3.89 MB, 1920x1080, Enscape_2023-02-24-18-54-32.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>948915
>>948916
I'm fresh out of study building designer, most other designers use near map or google maps for site context and seem to not care about drones or new technology so its difficult to gauge if its something I should be perusing.

I'm thinking about picking up mini 3, in my country if you want to fly anything over 250g you have to get a license for commercial use.

Can I ask what programs you use and maybe some links to useful information to start? How did you get into Archiviz?

>> No.948984
File: 1013 KB, 1200x1200, credenza.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>948944
>in my country
>Picrel
Yep. I know the town and country and yes the regulation is similar to my country.
>Can I ask what programs you use
3ds Max 2022 and Photoshop for 90% of the arch viz work work. Simple as that. But hey I'm old school you could place better bets on new software like Blender or Unreal, they both have huge support comunities and content creators for free online courses. Today it's now impossible to make a bad rendering if you have more than two neurons.
>some links to useful information to start?
Well not really I've never had a formal arcvhiz training.But if you know architectural modelling you have a solid base that you should compliment with small courses on specific tools you can get your hands on. I've never been a fan of e-learning or formal courses for tools. I prefer to read the manual to the point of memorization and then experiment on my own. You'd be surprised that almost any 'expert' in a tool doesn't even know basic concepts that can be fount in the user guide. I literally know someone that has been in the fron page of cgarchitect 4 times that doesn't even know how to use reference coordinate systems (the simplest concept in 3ds max).
>How did you get into Archiviz?
Studied law and architecture. Did not want a 9 to 5 simple as that. Already knew you to use max since before college. I ended up working more than a 9 to 5 and sometimes earning less lol.

>> No.948999

>>948725
It's just cheaper and more efficient to hire someone to take good pictures. Realistically most of the time your clients are just not paying enough for that kind of work anyways.

>> No.949915

Hello anons!
I am advanced architecture student in Argentina and i am pretty good with rendering, so i want to start a business with that.
The thing is that my computer is not that good, is pretty ok with modeling but it takes time with rendering.
So i investigated and i came with the concept of 'rendering farm'.
My question is: it is possible to became profitable just modeling in my pc and rendering in 'rendering farms'?
My idea is to obtain clients from u.s. and europe because the exchange rate became attractive because of our local economy (keep in mind that minimum wage is 150/200 u.s. dollars).

>> No.949916

>>949915
>became profitable just modeling in my pc and rendering in 'rendering farms'?
Yes. But I'd still recommend you invest in your own render slave just because the process of uploading scenes and assets to a render farm is nos as streamlined as you think.
A simple 1000usd computer at your side would offload the numerous tests that you have to make before sending a full res job onto a server and the you will know that if you divide your time by taks in archviz rendering only accounts for 10% of the time so a simple node can do wonders for your workflow.
In good spirit and with no intention to insult. You should polish your English since communication is paramount to getting good inputs and understandings with your client. I can personally guarantee you that the grammar and pronunciation is proportional the the grade of customers you could get in the us. You definitely want to pass as another 'sudaca'.
>My idea is to obtain clients from u.s. and Europe because the exchange rate became attractive because of our local economy (keep in mind that minimum wage is 150/200 u.s. dollars).
Don;t fall too hard for the currency exchange meme. American clients and European clients are 5 times more paying but 5 times more demanding. I personally prefer to work with my compatriots since y can show my face in their offices if there is a problem.
>pretty good with rendering
Congrats. That is the easy part now you should learn to sell yourself and manage your time. I can only recommend starting slowly and building up a workflow that doesn't affect your sleep, lets you live your life and be sustainable overall. Also don't mix your personal wallet with your work wallet work should always pay for itself.
PS. If you need server work I could lend you my own server time. I have approximately 8 workstations including dual xeons at my disposal.
PPS. Votá por Milei boludo.

>> No.949917

>>949916
>You definitely want to pass as another 'sudaca'.
Correction: You definitely DON'T want to pass as another 'sudaca'.

>> No.949922
File: 1.04 MB, 1800x900, waifutest_low_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>949917
>>949916
Forgot pic.

>> No.949982

>>949916
What CPUs would you recommend for a budget renderfarm? I'm also south American. I've been trying GPU rendering lately, but it downst sale very well.

>> No.950003

>>949982
For a starter: Definitely a ryzen cpu. Around 5500 to 5600x is a good 80 to 200 usd dollar range. And the mobo and other parts are not as costly. If you are not doing mission critical stuff, ECC memory systems are not worth it for you.
Try and get a system that has the same or more ram as your main workstation so you don't have to waste time optimizing on each test.

>> No.950042

>>949916
I currently have a 1650, a ryzen 5 3600 and 16 gb ram, my plan is to make a few renders in a cloud meanwhile i upgrade my own pc.
I saw some people who do this cloud render because is efficient, just remember that i'm student also and i have some assignements to do, so have kinda free the pc to do other task helps a lot.
the exchange is not a meme, for example i have a university friend that make some works for argentinan based studios and they doesnt pay more than 10k argentinian peso per render aproximately 20 dollars.
I read that some very good images can sells for 150/250 dollars, you have 10x difference.
And 250/150 is kinda average, also readed in reddit a comment from a user that said that he sells for thousands a single image

>> No.950383

Do you guys even buy models anymore aside of vegetation? The textures on most models are straight up unusable.

>> No.950477

>>933514
so i am stuck in blender right now and wanted to go to environment design field but stuck in situation where i can only find jobs for 3d design or visualization and most of its 3ds max and vray. is it better to switch to 3dsmax and vray for the long run? can i get vray for blender? is vray a different 3rd party renderer not included in 3ds max?

>> No.950489

>>950042
>also readed in reddit a comment from a user that said that he sells for thousands a single image
Again, english. And yeah I've sold images for a thousands dollars but it was not a living room render. It was a painfull process of moths to make a bigass cityscape project. Don't think you can get rich doing archviz the easy way.
>>950383
>Do you guys even buy models anymore aside of vegetation? The textures on most models are straight up unusable.
Depends but I mostly redo all the materials in the assets for optimization. Most shaders in assets are convoluted node fuckshows so I always prefer to use fast renderprooof shaders yeah.
>>950477
TLDR You seem to be new to 3d work and my overall advice is: You never stop learning new tools.
>is it better to switch to 3dsmax and vray for the long run?
Very difficult question. I think an environment artist should be software agnostic. If you are young try and learn an array of varied software and specialize depending on the client or employer.
>can i get vray for blender?
https://www.chaos.com/vray/blender
>is vray a different 3rd party renderer not included in 3ds max?
Yes. But again. If you are young you should try and learn many rendering solutions. It's just a tool. I've used Indigo,Arion,Maxwell, mental ray, radiosity, scanline, corona, v-ray,cycles,arnold, octane, redshift,iray and many more. Learning the basics of a render engine is not that difficult.
Don't stay married to a software. A carpenter is not a gluer, a sawer and a sander he's a carpenter. What is important is for you to learn a good workflow.

>> No.950497
File: 2.96 MB, 1920x1080, 1675867636816170.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>950489
>A carpenter is not a gluer, a sawer and a sander he's a carpenter. What is important is for you to learn a good workflow.
this is what i am worried about the most, even though i am not that new to 3d, i have always worked in workflow that dosent feel like the industry standard.

>> No.950500

>>950497
Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't worry that much there's more than one way to skin a cat.
>this is what i am worried about the most, even though i am not that new to 3d, i have always worked in workflow that dosent feel like the industry standard.
Me neither. Never had a formal cg eductation. Never watched a full cg course. I just love to read the manuals of the software and experiment from that. I never use other people's renders as reference, I don't even visit cgarchitect or sites like theat. I stick to looking at real buildings on real potos for my work. Why would I like to imitate other renders when I can see with my eyes real references in the real world?
>dosent feel like the industry standard.
Then again what is? Right now you are posting this on a machine with more computing power than any industry in the 70's. Look at the current flops in hollywood the only limit to creation is creativity and discipline ther is no such thing as an industry standard. I've hired people that know a thousand tools and just don't have the eye for archviz. This is why i like the anaglogy of a carpenter. Even the world's best sander, gluer and sawer can't be a good carpenter if he doesn''t have an end product mentality. Nothing of good use come in focusing on the way how tools are used, it should always focus on how the tools are used towards a goal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP-Vaqq91dA

>> No.950529
File: 1.45 MB, 1330x633, Screenshot (175).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Some render for my final project this semester
What do you think chair nerd?
Lumion is my go to for now but Im always looking to learn new stuff

>> No.950533

>>950529
Oh yes the sketchy style common to most architecture student works.Its not a bad styling because its the obvious choice that makes the renders harmonize with the colored floor plans you surely have made for your project also I know that architecture professors usually hate photorealistic renders because they are bitter faggots that are jealous of the tools new students have access to.
As for the image I like it it has no aparent defects but I'll be extra picky since you summoned my opinion.
Stylistically it's ok but personally I'd prefer you'd use the same process in your renderings as you probably made for your floor plans and by that I mean intentionally rendering only the lines and manually do de shading. If the render is meant to look lile a sketch well it ahould work as such, it should highlight with color and thicker lines the architecture and maybe hide unimportante things like the tree in the foreground. I know its more work but right now is just a filter applied to a rendering. I assure you the professors have seen all styles of renderings by now so they would surely appreciate someone using the renderings as an opportunity to really make some visual arguments and higlight the important points of the building.
Composition wize the render suffers from what I call "viewport focus". I know that you put a lot of work into the whole building model so you want to always show every little bit of the model in every single image but that makes all the renderings look like viewport screengrabs because they are taken from unnatural angles. If the professors asked for an entrance focus image you should try and make an image from an actual eye level and use a human fov (72°). If you feel from an actual human perspectuve your project lack scale, understandability or has other shortfalls well that is the your job as an architect. You'd be surprised how many architects model a building and never take to time to 'walk' their models. Its the whole point of CAD.

>> No.950534

>>950529
I wont comment on the architecture but as for the details you should considercthe following: What details are important to show the project? I see you've taken time to model some facade systems. If total accuracy is the goal well where are the cobblestone walk borders? Where is the railing on the disabled ramp? If you think those are 'ugly ' detauls well there is an opportunity to design them better.

Again the image is good. Its even better than what I made at college (cuz then I didn't liked archviz) Im just being picky as fuck.

>> No.950535

>>950529
After making that long ass comment. Just saw it again and overall lacks contrast but that may be a result of the sketch filter. Don't be afraid to use more contrast, specially to distinguos the building from the surroundings.
>>950534
>Lumion is my go to for now but Im always looking to learn new stuff
Good choice for an arch student. You should focus on architecture not software in this moment and Lumion does a lot for you.

>> No.950545
File: 1.61 MB, 1106x874, Screenshot (176).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>950533
>>950534
>>950535
Thanks anon for the comments
Well I guess that's just me finding a 'style', the regular Lumion render just looks so bland to me. I kind of found a workflow that really speeds up everything but I do feel I could go 'beyond' what im capable now
I used to intern for a studio and they had amazing actually realistic renders and they used lumion but I just dont know what setting they used that gives it that 'realistic' feel
I was forced to use 3dsmax for a module but the stock arnold cpu renderer was a huge no to me
Is 3dsmax the industry standard for archvizzers? Maybe Ill get back to it
Also my floor plan as a reference

>> No.950566

>>950545
>but I just dont know what setting they used that gives it that 'realistic' feel
There are no 'magic settings' in any program for achieving realism, specially today when the defaultcsettings in any rendering suite or plugi are tuned from the box. Just good eye and experience and work.
>I was forced to use 3dsmax for a module but the stock arnold cpu renderer was a huge no to me
Yeah Arnold has a steep adoption curve because of its nature. Its meant for total control of the kernels but you can thank that to its vfx pedigree. It can scare even experienced users, but arnold is not bad it is to some the gold standard of raytracing.
>Is 3dsmax the industry standard for archvizzers? Maybe Ill get back to it
If by that you mean most archviz studios use 3ds max yeah I would bet on that. But not only that, today a competent archvis prof has to know basic usage of cad suites from archicad to revit in order to either process or export models. 3ds max does not have better renders that is the job of the render engine what 3ds max has is a prwtty fucking robust modelling system and scipting engine and plugin universe that makes archviz work a breeze.
I hate the words "Industry standard". Not to offend you but at your obvious age you are defijitely a zoomer and your education was designed by jews to make you and all of your generation wagies so many of you are more occupied with the standards of the industries more than innovation and hard work. When I came into archviz, 3ds max was meant as a game model platform and an all purpose modelling platform it was us who created the industry of archviz not autodesk. So I would strongly advice not to worry too mucha about industry standards and because you are young learn something that your peers are surely not taking into account, learn a little bit of accounting, learn a little bit of business law, a bit of programming and public speaking skills. >>>>

>> No.950567

>>950566
>>>>>You could be the perfect specimen that knows all of the 'industry standard programs and practices' that would just makecthe perfect cog for an organization. I am not encouraging you to be independent but even if tou choose to have a career as an employee ita your soft abilities not your knowledge of the programs what will meke you get above the others.
>>950545
>Also my floor plan as a reference
Yeah. Basically the same comments. Contrast, focus and hilgiht whata important. If the intention was making a leaf why not design thw flooring to strongly siggest that? But well that ia me as an architect and that is unsolicited.

Cheers.

>> No.950570

>>950566
>>950567
Cheers to you too
Haha no the site I was given was originally like that so I had to "make do"
My dream site is just a plain square, less hassle overall
Interesting viewpoint, Idk how much Autodesk is paying educational institutions to shill Revit and their other software because all I hear from professors when teaching Autodesk software is "industry standard", "widely adopted", "BIM will grant all your wishes and give you a girlfriend"
As a student I would say Revit really speeds my modelling but I read that it has some underlying problems that cant even be patched because everything is built on dodgy spaghetti code
I saw that you used some fair amount of coding for your scripts in rendering so how much of it would you say do I have to learn to get to your skill level in 3dsmax?

>> No.950573

>>950570
>Autodesk is paying educational institutions to shill Revit and their other software because all I hear from professors when teaching Autodesk software is "industry standard", "widely adopted", "BIM will grant all your wishes and give you a girlfriend"
Bitch fuck yes you can bet your right arm and left ball to it.
>Revit really speeds my modelling but I read that it has some underlying problems that cant even be patched because everything is built on dodgy spaghetti code
Revit is the worst piece of software I've ever installed in my pc and I've had ransomware. I have a friend that was invited by an online universiry to make courses for revit and even he, the poweruser, says revit is fucking garbage. Revit is victim to something I call code entropy: too many hands and too many features on top of a bad basis.
>I saw that you used some fair amount of coding for your scripts in rendering so how much of it would you say do I have to learn to get to your skill level in 3dsmax?
I've tutored young guys that don't know shit about the underlying functioning of the program that make better renders than I do. Hell, my ex business partner has appeared in the cover of cg architect a few times and I can assure you he doesn't even know how to properly use snaps. Again, dont fall for the skill meme specially in archviz, today with premade assets and premade scenes you can stich up something amounting to an AAA studio rendering and with AI the great skill equalizer even an inexperienced user can make a better image than a whole studio using traditional practices. I'm into coding because I hate depending on broken third party software that fucks up the already buggy work scape of 3ds max so I prefer to make my own camera, asset and scene managment tools so if there is a crash I only have me to blame. Skill is not proportional to good results, experience, good references and hard work are.
So in short you don't need coding and full program knowledge to make great images.

>> No.950577

>>949922
Don't believe me I could teach you how to make >>950570 in a single week from scratch in 3ds max.

>> No.950579

>>950577
Woops inverted the post links.

>> No.950593
File: 294 KB, 1080x1040, Screenshot_20230706_155934_Instagram.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>950573
Thats nice to hear. Ill make an effort to learn that stuff once my semester ends
>>950577
Once I have the time Ill try to make goofy shit like yours
Picrel (hint: the section lines)

>> No.950594
File: 36 KB, 1056x784, swastikasawskati.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>950593
>Once I have the time Ill try to make goofy shit like yours
Ultra kek. Shit I'll have to rummage my bachelors projects and post them I also did shit like that.

>> No.950619
File: 250 KB, 947x867, 1677620855158480.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>933514
what else should I practice to be a 3d visualizer? my plan is make a bunch of assets then get a floor plan and model it and they learn vray to render it. i still use basic uv unwraps and auto unwraps which has worked so far but is there any good tutorials so i dont skip out on it?

>> No.950620
File: 330 KB, 717x609, 1668844234399659.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>950619
i mean smart uv unwrap basically gave me perfect sqaures y

>> No.950626
File: 946 KB, 1200x900, jewsdid911.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>950619
>>950620

>i mean smart uv unwrap basically gave me perfect sqaures y
In my experience unwrapping is overkill for 95% of archviz props. What is leather but a material that changes its sheen and glossiness depending on the angle and has a cellular bump behavior? That can easily be managed with box mapping and then using noise nodes and occlusion nodes to achieve a shader that will be 80% perfect. I am not saying that unwrapping is not an useful skill it is.But if you unwrap every single piece of furniture you'll never achieve an image in a short period of time. Please look up pareto's principle and apply it religiously to your work.

Now if you are learning to unwrap then go ahead do the thing but also learn how to make mapping and shading efficiently.

>what else should I practice to be a 3d visualizer?
To be a decent 3d visualizer you should look up:
-Photography
-Composition
-Framing
-Color Theory
-3d modelling
-BRDF shader behavior
-Basic architecture
-Asset managment
etc etc etc etc
No amount of program use will save you from knowledge that is outside of simple program usage. Don't worry it comes with experience.

>but is there any good tutorials so i dont skip out on it?
Better ask that in the blender thread. but this may be a good guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJH7_-dNtZg

>> No.950640

>>950626
Unwrapping furniture takes no longer than 5 minutes anyways, you just mark some seems and hit quick peel and it's pretty much done.

>> No.950696

>>950489
how much money you make in a month?

>> No.950705

>>950696

These are numbers converted from COP. I wont include my gig as a legal advisor.

For a little perspective the minumum wage here is about 260usd a month and 3 years ago it was 190usd. A minimum wage worker here makes about 3140 dollars a year and for example an 8 years experienced lawyer in a firm makes about 40k a year(not my case).
The dollar here is so volatile with the communist we have in charge that the exchange rate can vary almost by 20% in a single month.

3 years ago I was in charge of a team of artists an had a steady income of 3k a month and a 50% stake in a studio that profited about 200k a year. So about 136k a year. For this country its a pretty good income, I was better of than bank managers in my country.

Then my partner and I broke the partnership and I was left to make a choice. Continue with the full weight of the company or liquidate contracts. I was just married and then the pandemic hit so it was a shit show because I decided to soldier on. Many of the employees quit because they found homeworking unbearable (the internet is shit here an I couldnt let them take files to their homes because of nda's and integration hell). Had a serious case of burnout that left me incapacitated for about 1 month.

3 years after I 'm here I'm back to solo and in some long periods of months I make 0 dollars and tham means loosing money. There are other months that I can make 20k -30k but that is just because I work for companies that have long ass payment plans and I get the money afer 6 months. I cant make an average cuz some years I can make about 50k and other years about 25k so yeah I'm still better of than 95% of my country. I've had colleagues that tell me to come to europe or the us to big ass studios because there I would fuck with the competition but I now have a family and I don't want to change that for a life in the big leagues.

I'm far happier now. I get to make mah wife pizza every day if I want to. We both work in a little office.

>> No.950725

>>950640
Yeah it can be done in minutes for simple objects but >>950620 is a pretty bad example, just look at the seams.
As for minutes you just have to balance time and money. Taking 5-10 minutes per piece of furniture in something like >>950626 would amount to a couple of hours just unwrapping models and it's just not worth it. An image like this has to be modeled, textures and rendered in under 8 hours to be profitable.
Many people criticize arch viz as being a sloppy form of cg and in many cases it is. These images are not meant to be art they are just visual pieces to approve a project or sell to investors.
Now if your goal is learning I'd advice to take as much time as you can but don;t forget pareto's principle.

>> No.951500

>>950725
My semester is over and while I still have a free autodesk student license Im looking to learn 3dsmax
How feasible would you say is integrating 3dsmax to my Revit workflow (modelling details or objects, etc.) and what is the best gpu based renderer for 3dsmax? I want to model WW2 tanks too as a hobby in 3dsmax possible

>> No.951583

>>951500
>How feasible would you say is integrating 3dsmax to my Revit workflow (modelling details or objects, etc.)
It depends. If you want to make models for BIM Objects and Revit Families yes 3ds max is the best tool for that. I can even show you pro tricks so you have hidden line objects in your revit that will work in axonometries and sections.
Now if you want the reverse, and that is importing refit to 3ds max. Well in my opinion the supposed 'revit interoperability in 3ds max ' is the worst shit ever since the bubonic plague so I'd just stick with a strightforward dxf workflow.
>and what is the best gpu based renderer for 3dsmax?
I could give you my personal choice (iray i was once sponsored by nvidia its a biased choice) but I think it wouldn't work for you since I don't know what kind of system/gpu/budget you are working with. If it's for a hobby better stick with something future proof and easy to learn like unreal.
> I want to model WW2 tanks too as a hobby in 3dsmax possible
Nice hobby. There is a train guy that sometimes posts here in /wip/ he is a master.
My first 'serious project in 3ds max was a tank. Not a ww2 tank tho.

>> No.951607

>>951583
I did use vray for a while
I abused the 30 day trial system for a while
I eventually started using lumion as even a retarded monkey can use it and if you tweak around with settings it can be actually decent. Most of my peers use Enscape but idk why their renders just look plain terrible
Should I go learn rendering first and try rerendering some of my school works or learn modelling first
I have a fairly decent laptop, rtx 3050ti, kinda shit i5 cpu but it can shit out renders fairly quick, I dont intend for it to last beyond my school years anyways

>> No.951624
File: 660 KB, 2546x1004, morpeopleshouldtryartrenderer.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>951607
>abused the 30 day trial system for a while
I think more people should be renderer agnostic. For example you should try ART renderer wich is the one that comes pre packaged with 3ds max.
The fact that the rendererer literally has 0 settings to play makes you focus on pbr shaders and camera settings to achieve realism. It literally has no way to fake a setting. It's an unforgiving raytracer.
Apart from the fact that it's not user friendly and has no modern integrations like proxy systems or memory managment its a pretty good raytracer and I've made interiors on this renderer that don't lack an inch of quality compared to corona or vray.

>> No.952027
File: 2.79 MB, 2982x2160, tryingout.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Trying out a render for a "render competition" but they emphasised it must be "realistic" so that's not really my strong suit. What do you think?

>> No.952043
File: 1.16 MB, 1200x1600, theother50.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> What do you think?
Where is the other 50%?!?!
No kek. Sorry. It's definitely ok in a base level but you have only done 50% of the image. Where is the environment? Where are the neighbors, where is the sidewalk design, asphalt markings, where is the human scale? Why did you use that fov? Is the sun the only light in the scene? etc etc.
Its ok anon this look like a pretty solid beginning but now we are going to take this picture to the next level so please bare with me.

For me realism is no achieved by any amount of render engine or shader meddling its achieved by something called 'scene blocking' you can see a sense of what I mean by that here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKALxKbjOaE
Although your buildings are not dinosaurs you should always treat your camera as a real camera and photography is unforgiving when it comes to detail so you should model your environment with the same care and time you've spent on your building.
Now this is obviously a revit or a similar model imported onto max but this time you may want to leverage the modelling capabilities of max and add imperfection to your building an to your environment.

>> No.952049

>>952043
Thanks for the advice but about that its not my model, they just gave the file and told me "do your best" but Im not allowed to alter the model itself
Perhaps Ill add cars or people to the render, also Im using Lumion only for now.
What is a standard fov and should I add lights to the interior perhaps? Maybe I shouldnt do a sunset render too

>> No.952065

>>952049
>Im not allowed to alter the model itself
Not even the mapping? It's plain on the facade structure.
> I shouldnt do a sunset render too
Yep sunset renders are fucking tricky. I'd go for a proven sunny day or a moonlit night.

>What is a standard fov
There is no such thing as a standard fov. Only scene blocking. Use one that lets you give a good composition and a sense of scale.

>should I add lights to the interior perhaps?
It's not a list. You should add life. IYNWIM

>> No.952079

Any good archviz software for Linux?

>> No.952257

>my Corona renders look better but the IPR is slow as shit
>V-Ray works much faster on my PC but it's more work to get it looking as good as Corona

Wat do? My PC is decent enough for small projects (R9 3950, 64gb ram, 3070)

>> No.952298

>>952257
That pc is more than good for archviz projects. My main workstation is a r7 1700 64gb ram and a 970 and I'm yet still have no good reason to change it.Yeah corona's IPR is a buggy mess straigt from hell but there are work arounds like "render selection " and vfb areas. If you still feel you need more speed, responsiveness and or fiddling to get good results I'd suggest you work on you intuition, your library of assets and your presets.
Archviz for me is not about inventing the wheel in each project but making an efficient fool proof workflow that sources good shaders, good assets and good lighting from the get go.
No amount of computing power will replace your photographic intuition.
>What do?
Keep going until you git better.

>>952079
As far as I know Blender is your only real alternative if you are not willing to have a windows machine.

>> No.952301

>>952049
Me again. If the don't let you modify that model to add more detail on the sidewalks and environment no amount of raytracing and materials will give you more realism. The eye is unforgiving when it comes to detail.

>> No.952375

>>947334
What scares me about scaling the business is how to do it, as getting burnt out doesn't concern me much because I'm 24 years old and believe I can handle it. The thing is, in Argentina, we are in a golden age for dollars, where even earning little money allows you to live like a fucking king. I feel that if I don't seize the opportunity, I'll be wasting it. Im literally making more money now than architects with +10 years of experience in the field are making.

The business aspect has a lot of challenging aspects. How can I find people with the same level of expertise as me who are not already freelancing for foreign clients? Why would someone with good skills choose to work as an employee when they can freelance for foreign clients and earn more money? And then there's the legal aspect, declaring income (as I dont pay a single cent of taxes), establishing a company structure to offer attractive contracts and benefits to potential employees. All by myself, and with no one to ask questions on how to do it.

Recently, I got three new projects (luckily small ones) for which I charge $300 per image. I've reached a limit, and if I don't bring in more people so work with me, it will be impossible to do more than what I am currently handling.

Also where are you from manito?

>> No.952409

>>952301
Nvm Im retarded, I read it wrong, I can change the environment, just not the building
Thing is, the actual site is a typical third world street and no way in hell I can replicate it with stock assets in Lumion
What's the best approach to this? I live very far from the area so getting pics of the site is kinda out of the picture

>> No.952440

>>952375
> as getting burnt out doesn't concern me much because I'm 24 years old and believe I can handle it.
Famous last words.
>How can I find people with the same level of expertise as me who are not already freelancing for foreign clients?
You wont easily. They'll be doing exactly what you fear they are doing. If you want to employ and or subcontract people choose eager ones that will accommodate to your process.
>And then there's the legal aspect, declaring income (as I dont pay a single cent of taxes), establishing a company structure to offer attractive contracts and benefits to potential employees. All by myself, and with no one to ask questions on how to do it.
Yep. That is the whole gist. You can either choose to be legit or not. I have all my corporate stuff in order because I practice what I preach in my other legal work. If you don't see the value of being 'legit' don't expect to get 'legit' clients or 'legit' collaborators. As you are not in north america you shouldn't fear the tax authority too much but in the long run being another pirate/informal sudaca wont get you the kind of work you imagine and won't translate into a sustainable business model. It's not about paying taxes or filing reports for the sake of it it's about playing the game your ideal clients are playing. Obviously NO ONE WANTS TO PAY TAXES, take it as a filter.
Even cartels with their billions are not sustainable in the long run, ask yourself why.
>I've reached a limit, and if I don't bring in more people so work with me
Yep every arch viz gig stats with a person not realising they've just entered the services industry witch has been defined for over 100 years and by many economists by being 'non easily scalable'. Why do you think even big ass cg studios lay off so many people after a project is completed? You wont be dealing with assets but with something far more complex and demanding: people.
>Also where are you from manito?
Earth, for more specific location, lurk more.

>> No.952442

>>952409
> site is a typical third world street and no way in hell I can replicate it with stock assets in Lumion
Better start polishing those non BIM modelling skills.
>I live very far from the area so getting pics of the site is kinda out of the picture
Well your only option is street view isn't it?

If you give the location I could give some recommendations on how to approach the modelling. But yeah I still believe that no amount of 'rendering' will give you a more realistic result if you don't get your hands filthy with details.

>> No.952447
File: 544 KB, 2138x1020, Test.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>952442
I've modelled the street lamps already, just need some recommendation on the approach
Im also not willing to go to a neighbouring country to take pics of the site unfortunately

>> No.952452
File: 3.47 MB, 8192x4096, Street View 360a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>952447
Well that location is rich with detail and you could composite the background with some cg trickery. I'll see what i can do.
It'd be better to model the two surrounding houses but that would take some time. I'd focus on the fact that it has some grunge to it so I would make an effort to put some grunge on the road and the littered surroundings.

>> No.952459

>>952452
>>952447
https://files.catbox.moe/62odhx.zip
Here are some hi res plates of the site.

>> No.952461
File: 1.34 MB, 2089x924, photoshopwizardry.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>952459
Those plates are good up to 16k pixels. Look this is a quick environment made in psd. The original file is 604 mb so I wont bother uploading it but yeah you can get crazy info from street view.

>> No.952470

>>952461
damn thanks a lot, teaching me archviz better than my full ride university. They dont even teach archviz... btw, how do I get these high res plates for any google street view?

>> No.952474

>>952470
Google street view downloader and a free online 360 equirectangular panorama to cube generator.

>> No.953226

>>952470
So how's the image going? Did you manage?

>> No.954105
File: 2.06 MB, 4961x3350, test2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

rate my render niggers

>> No.954125

>>954105
>messi
11/10
>Render
It's nice but has the typical beginner flaws. So let me elaborate:
0.Overall it lacks work. The devil is in the details. Add more shit, add electrical outlets, vary the cushions, add light and decor make it a real setting.
1.Lighting: Its too plain and needs an argument. Try adding a natural light source that suggests there is a window. Also try and light up your lamp, use spotlights to bathe the walls give the tv a glare etc etc.
2.Composition and theme: Boring AF. What is your subject? What is the theme? Is this just another NPC living room?
3.Shaders and textures: Wall and sofa have a too noticeable repaeted patter and the sofa is specially badly mapped since the texture has a pole in the upper part of the seating. Wood floor has an overly strong albedo but that may be because of the plain lighting. Resolution of the textures is too low and you can notice compression artifacts.

Now do you want to improve? If so tell me and I'll help you.

>> No.954316
File: 617 KB, 1916x918, z.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>954125
>Now do you want to improve? If so tell me and I'll help you.

yes, i want
here is my model before rendering

>> No.954794
File: 2.32 MB, 1383x778, r1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

quick dumb render i made for college, thought i'd share.

pretty cool honestly how you can get quite decent results in twinmotion for only 20-30mins of work

p.s: twinmotion glass SUCKS

>> No.954805

>>954316
Sorry for not getting back quickly this last week was a little bit chaotic to me.

So yeah it is clear the big problem in your scene has to do with big ass light sources. Real models, real lights and real materials give real results. I'll make a video explaining what problem you have and how to solve it with lighting.

Try and follow this tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLst6Kvr5mQ

Try adding more single point light sources, add detail to your scene, make a better composition.

I dont have skp installed but its a great tool with a pretty good asset library.

>>954794
>pretty cool honestly how you can get quite decent results in twinmotion for only 20-30mins of work

Nice.
Yep the 'gamenginification of archviz' is sure a good step in the right direction. What I fear and what many clients have told me is that they don't like twinmotion renders because they are all the same. No amount of libraries, assets, and interactive work will save you from developing an eye for detail. Although AI is getting there syle wize its still not a replacement for an architect's eye.

I famously remember a client counting the number of masonry rows in a facade I made and telling me that I was off by 2 rows and that the render had to be perfect in that regard.

>> No.954808

>>954805
>What I fear and what many clients have told me is that they don't like twinmotion renders because they are all the same.
yeah i can see how for professional work it could be inadequate. id love to get a good computer and try to learn ue5 eventually, since apparently there's a good workflow from twinmotion

>> No.955500
File: 3.20 MB, 1848x1072, Screenshot 2023-08-17 223440.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

R8

>> No.956539

>>955500
Antialiasing/10.

Its nice but needs love. I bet you did it in Lumion or Twinmotion if not congrats you achieved the look of 99% of the renders done in those.

Symmetrical renders only work on symetrical architecture, that fisrt plane with the diagonal roof doesn't help the perspective so I'd drop the angle and do something more 45 angle.

If you need a better animated waterfall map I've got one for you if you like.

>> No.958732

Shameless bump. No time for now I'm having a kid.

>> No.959249

>>958732
congratis anon

>> No.959558

>>959249
Tanks better stop making renders If I want my kid to eat protein.

>> No.960361

great thread

>> No.963446

I think I'm finally taking the blender pill

>> No.963681
File: 2.35 MB, 3840x2000, Hmashq.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>960361
Thx. I try to make a wholesome thread.
>>963446
Good for you anon. Please don't try the autodesk enema.

Ok I've been out lately cuz I've been doing architecture and law work so not much archviz.

>> No.965957
File: 3.32 MB, 3840x5120, Fucking shit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Shameless 10th page bump.

Quick render of a project with some starships for scale.

>> No.966242
File: 1.29 MB, 1406x1875, ayo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>933514
lets get this thread going again you faggots
>>960361
the only good thread on this board
>>954316
avoid having your light blast your object from the front like that, its always gonna look flat and off. same goes for the top light. dont go with one massive light, try to emulate a real life setting have multiple smaller lights. play around with the light and get some more interesting shadows

>> No.966365
File: 57 KB, 743x590, 8c84d6b4-86e2-47a9-a3c5-f795bddbb261.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>966242
quick shitty render for college but i liked the composition.

i need to make time to properly learn to archviz but alas, no time

>> No.966430

>>966242
>lets get this thread going again you faggots

Fuck yes sister. Please fix that fabric texture wrap in the cushion. It's getting in my nerves. Use a triplanar map.

>the only good thread on this board
What?! Don't you love the usual software shill threads? Are you tired of reading the same idiotic arguments over and over for over 10 years?

>>966365
Compo could be better. Look up for https://bertrand-benoit.com/blog/bauhausarchiv/ those angles are sexy.
>https://bertrand-benoit.com/blog/bauhausarchiv/

>i need to make time to properly learn to archviz but alas, no time
What do you want to learn? I can make a good intro for you.

>> No.967717

>>966430
any ideas of tutorials to learn blender for archviz - mainly external stuff. I've seen iMesh, but was wondering if you had anything you could recommend. This is coming from someone who works in revit and wouldn't be against exporting the .fbx if the mesh was shite

>> No.967791

>>967717
Nope sorry not a Blender user. BUT in my experience don't fall for the revit + fbx workflow meme. Beware of stupid shit like single faced glass pane in windows, doubled geometry and sensless mapping. Good archviz requires redoing some of the architecture/ arch elements to make good results.

As a general recommendation most people think that good archviz is importing a bim model, putting some nice materials and lights, scatter some greenery and voilá. On the contrary it sometimes takes painstaking modelling.

>> No.967977

>>967791
ah, so you'd recommend a workflow of:
- model from.dwg/pdf
- compose and set up shots
- landscape and context
- lighting
- materials
- post..

Any other tips - using the Christmas break to figure out a workflow to get a better than twinmotion outcome from blender

>> No.968627

>>967977
There is no silver bullet workflow for archviz.

>get a better than twinmotion outcome from blender

Here are some things you could do in these holydays.....

>model from.dwg/pdf
I've seen pros modelling architecture in houdini and clients sending plans made in excel using the cells as walls. Have you ever tried to model something just out of memory or just a photo? Trust me when I tell you this is a skill you'll value more than anything. Good archviz requires internalizing measurments such as seating heights, door heights, proportions etc.

>compose and set up shots
What if the work requires that there are no 'shots' but an inmersive 360 experience? How do you compose that? How do you make lighting work on a 360 shot?

>landscape and context
I've done archviz work of bunkers (no... really) what kind of lanscaping does that require. Instead I had to come up with a creative way to 'cut' the earth to make axonometries work. You should practice the smallest of scales for archviz like a render for a closet (yeah I've done that professionally) and a render for a 20sq km piece of land. Trust me, both can have an insane amount of detail.

>lighting
I challenge you to make a photorealistic scene without lights. Ever heard of OG Maxwell render? Yeah some users dont make lights they fucking use incandescent material in the bulb's filaments as the light sources for their scenes!

>materials
Yeah good materials make good scenes but good maps make good materials. Try and make some of yours, you'll never now when you'll need that skillset.

>post
What about animated post? Have you ever integrated a drone shot into an archviz project? No good archviz comes from only staying in a single frame.

If you need any other specific guide just tell me.

>> No.969193
File: 481 KB, 1566x786, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

any idea how to flesh this out?
1st archviz shit I do
suggestions on wall materials & how to fill these window gaps, should I add sills or should the window frames go down to the ground?
also should the flooring be wooden even the bathrooms or should it be marble?

>> No.969251
File: 1022 KB, 2547x843, fleshedoutbuilding.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>any idea how to flesh this out?
Some.

>suggestions on wall materials & how to fill these window gaps, should I add sills or should the window frames go down to the ground?
also should the flooring be wooden even the bathrooms or should it be marble?

It seems you are not using reference images and or have any architectural reference and you are trying to do archviz in the blind. Archviz is firstly architecture then viz.

Do windows have sills, heads or jambs? They often do but not always; it all depends on architecture.

Are 'wet' floors often made of stone or marble? Not always bathrooms can be cladded with 100% wood: again, it all depends on architecture.

What I'd suggest is for you to take a real reference like your house or a known building on the internet with lots of photos and first try and reproduce what is there. imo the best wat to learn architecture is by studying what is already built, no try and add sills or marble for the sake of it.

This floor plan seems to have been taken from a 'real' source so you definitely can come up with material references for it or at least the feel of what kind of architecture it is. Is it a post industrial masonry building, is it a wooden structured housing solution? fucking magnets how do they work?

>> No.969253
File: 607 KB, 1825x847, fleshedoutbuilding2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>969193
>>969251

Ooops forgot to (you) you

>> No.970656
File: 162 KB, 584x1231, controllets_additional params.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

is there any practical use for these or are they purely for animations stuff?

>> No.970658

>>970656
floats are practical when you want to instance the UVW values between different maps like diffuse, glossiness, height etc. You change one tiling parameter on the diffuse you can automatically change the tiling on the glossiness map.
I sometimes use boolean controllers to change materials when a condition is met. Ex: Rain wet layer.
But yeah controllers are often used in animation because that's when you need change over time.

>> No.970660

>>970658
Floats are not the thing that fat people have when they seat because of the fat?

>> No.970665

>>970660
Yes.

>> No.970733

>>970658
you can just use UVWRandomizer for this, so thats a bit disappointing...
with all those nodes and params i thought you'd be able to make something interesting

>> No.973295

bamp

>> No.974834
File: 26 KB, 352x239, denoiser.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

3ds max and vray, what denoising engine are you using?
recently i've been trying out intel open image and it seems to be doing better job than the default vray
in a sense of being somewhat faster and blurring less the image

>> No.974870

>>974834
Mostly NVIDIA AI. I always oversample final images and I've never had a client notice the noise.

>> No.975444
File: 173 KB, 1241x781, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

whats the proper workflow to create inner walls?
I inserted loops then extruded but it gets messy & needs alot of cleaning just by the looks of it (will attach example pic)

>> No.975445
File: 43 KB, 1185x733, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>975444
i'm concerned about how pathtracing would work if I just put boxes that aren't attached to the outer wall as inner walls, not to mention texture continuity & unwrapping

>> No.975582

>>975444
>whats the proper workflow to create inner walls?
What is the end product?
>I inserted loops then extruded but it gets messy & needs alot of cleaning just by the looks of it
Do you think architectural modeling needs 'an edgeflow' where did you get that from?
>>975445
>i'm concerned about how pathtracing
>not to mention texture continuity & unwrapping
Again what is the end product. Are you baking that stuff for a videogame, is it archviz, what is the end product. It seems all your doubs turn around an unwrapping concern that shouldn't even be there in the first place.

I ask the question because if the end product is archviz there is no way in hell unwrapping walls is an efficient method. Unless you are making a very custom wall texture. I think you are applying the wrong modeling and texturing resources to archviz.(I'm not using the word wor%$$ow i fucking hate it.) For viz, arch modelling does not need unwrapping, your materials and textures should do the work for you (Tiles should be tiled duh, cements and plasters should be seamless, grunge should be parametrized, brickwalls should use special tiling maps etc etc).As proof here is an entire building with many materials, maps, map channels, material ids) all mapped with a single real world map.

>> No.975583
File: 474 KB, 2553x1002, archIsNotaDickgirl.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

forgot pic

>> No.975606

>>975582
ye it's archviz project
I usually make retro video game models & textures there are 256x256 & you always unwrap to texture space

>As proof here is an entire building with many materials, maps, map channels, material ids) all mapped with a single real world map.

dunno what that means exactly

also whats the word to look for broken loose bricks used in walls with the major space between filled with mortar? imagine a cobblestone pathway but with chunks of smaller bricks

>> No.975641
File: 543 KB, 1500x1000, masonry-brick-bond-common-types-2736655-cf1ec5c2e3fe46ad83252d6dbb551a20.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>975606
>I usually make retro video game models & textures there are 256x256 & you always unwrap to texture space
Yeah no archviz is totally different.
>dunno what that means exactly
It means that archviz usually relies on parametrization and fast texturing but it's better shown than told. Would you want a crash course? Just upload the floor plan in a catbox and I can make a qick example.
>also whats the word to look for broken loose bricks used in walls with the major space between filled with mortar?
Bad masonry. There is no technical term for vernacular brick walls us architects refer to 'bond patterns' and there is no term for an irregular one.
Now if I get you right you might me referring to either rubble masonry or a prick wall with cement patches.

>> No.975643
File: 356 KB, 1879x809, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>975641
it's just a mate's house he wanted to be in 3D, he has connections to arch firms & might prop me to someone is why I wanna put something into it

>> No.975644
File: 1.16 MB, 1562x788, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>975643
sadly Substance plugin isnt working so I have to DL whatever free PBR materials I can get

>> No.975645

>>975643
Ok and what is the architectural style? Can you drop a reference image?

>> No.975646

>>975644
What render engine are you rocking?

>> No.975647

>>975645
no reference but he did show me a construction WIP vid
it's middle eastern so rough stucco probably & nothing fancy
dont think the plot was drawn by an engineer, he said it had alot of discrepancy when construction head started working on it

>> No.975649

>>975646
arnold
comes in packed with 3dsmax & its materials conflicts with anything else that comes with 3ds

>> No.975650

>>975649
>>975647

Ok I'm on a remote comuter right now but I can make a live stream on how I would do that shit. Just wait 4 minutes so I can connect to my office pc and stream from there. I'll be making it a little slow since I'll be controling max from a remote laptop but you can ask me questions.

>> No.975651

>>975650
https://youtube.com/live/1oIK6Z-U_nY?feature=share

>> No.975652

>>975650
what do you use to stream?
discord etc
8ch has a streaming service but cant even post the link here
+dunno if its secure

>> No.975653

>>975652
Im live on youtube.

>> No.975655

>>975653
stream's off

>> No.975656

>>975655
Yep sorry had a connection problem try this one.
https://youtube.com/live/g5oKwmXkUT4?feature=share

>> No.975658

>>975656
watching rn but cant see chat anymore so I'll post here

>> No.975659

>>975658
Ok if you have any doubts

>> No.975660

>>975659
I wanna know your lines hotkey setup
merging & extending a line to intersect another etc is new to me

>> No.975662

>>975660
Ok i put an explanation in the video

>> No.975668
File: 151 KB, 273x683, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>975662
anyway to pirate corona & that material panel to the right?
also want that quick boolean subtract object from another panel

>> No.975670
File: 3.65 MB, 1920x1256, output.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>975668
>anyway to pirate corona
Just google 'corona render cg persia'
>& that material panel to the right
That is a script made 100% by me for my personal use. Good luck pirating it kek
>also want that quick boolean subtract object from another panel
Also a script made by me.
But no worries you can do all that manually and with arnold its the same technique.

>> No.975671

>>975670
i'm curious why so many archviz renders have this look.
you know the look.
is it just because it's 'industry standard'?
because it's definitely not going for photo realism.

>> No.975672

>>975671
>why so many archviz renders have this look.
Its the easiest look to render. You can call it a one button cheesy sunset.

>> No.975673

>>975671
>because it's definitely not going for photo realism.
Yep. To achieve photorealism it is impossible to do it on a lighting setup alone that is what distinguishes a 1.5 hour image from a 100+ hour image. Adding grnge, calibrating light, balancing shaders is where it is.

>> No.975674
File: 330 KB, 551x616, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>975670
arnold just doesnt work
each 3rd material I make simply gives grey in rendering or in viewport or both

>> No.975675

>>975674
Seems you have a problem with the texture maps, tone mapping or another setting.
As a good rule of thumb try and create and test your materials in diferent lighting conditions in a separate scene so you can control the variables.

>> No.975676

>>975674
>arnold for archivz
you must be a masochist

>> No.975677

>>975676
Yeah also that. What anon is trying to suggest is that you are trying to kill a mosquito with a bazooka.

>> No.975686

>>975674
>>975675
thats not even the pic I meant to post, the render of that tiles pic comes grey is what I meant to indicate

>> No.975694

>>975686
Incompatible materials witth arnold usually display grey. Are you using the arnold surface material?

>> No.975721
File: 298 KB, 1383x1006, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>975694
physical comes grey & arnold comes brighter

>> No.975732

>>975721
What osl node are you using for the tile maps? Arnold sometimes fucks with input gamma of osl shaders and/or sometimes you need to include them as a plugin under the hood of arnolds installation folder https://help.autodesk.com/view/ARNOL/ENU/?guid=arnold_user_guide_ac_shading_ac_osl_shaders_html
Again it seems you are killing a mosquito with a bazooka.

>> No.975735
File: 245 KB, 1737x980, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>975732
rendering takes suspiciously too long even after hiding the 20k (whole scene is 22k) faces ground so I really wanna off load shit on PBR

>> No.975736

>>975735
3080ti propalit + 5800x btw
the cpu goes to 80 degrees for some reason even tho the GPU is set to render

>> No.975753
File: 75 KB, 450x268, mindoblown.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>975735
>rendering takes suspiciously too long even after hiding the 20k (whole scene is 22k) faces ground
Not suspiciously. There is something seriously wrong with your renderer settings/ shaders. Why don't you use normal vanilla bitmaps. Osl shaders are buggy as fuck and you don't need total control just to repeat a texture.Are you just using OSL for the sake of it?
>>975736
Yeah no arnold still leverages shader and parsing task to the cpu for memory reasons.
You can view what processing component is doing what task by dumping the log.

Dude seriously you are beyond help if you are coming up with so many convoluted thing to make a simple archviz scene. I'd suggest the ART renderer witch is a far more simple yet usefull renderer that comes packaged with max.(It is so simple that you can't fail with it) Arnold is designed for people who know their shit and need their rendering solution to be taylor made. Archviz is supposed to be simple.

>> No.975757

>>975753
>OSL for the sake of it?
I like how procedural textures sound as a word so & saw people use OSLs extensively when making them so started using them
not to mention the prospect of thing being self contained & duplicable or so I presume, not that I cant just use bitmaps but still, managing paths is so fucking retarded

>>975753
>Arnold is designed for people who know their shit and need their rendering solution to be taylor made.
ye I'm new to it

>> No.975758

>>975757
>I like how procedural textures sound as a word so & saw people use OSLs extensively when making them so started using them

How does jumping off a bridge sound?

>> No.975760

>>975758
bungie is just for half hearted faggots who cant finish anything in life