[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 633 KB, 800x400, foxbooper.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
918904 No.918904 [Reply] [Original]

>> No.918905

Recent updates did some nice sneedups on my machine

>> No.918968

did they fix the rigging yet

>> No.920082

>>918968
i think it's quite obvious that riggers are still a problem

>> No.920095

Getting into 3D as a hobby. And I'm gonna be giving this baby's first a try. I've got a playlist of tutorials including the donut.

from your experiences, anons what should I be in for or what should I brace for impact in learning Blender?

>> No.920096

>>920095
Don't skip the fundamentals
Learn about the basics of art theory (composition, colors, lighting)
Learn the shortcuts, it might be a pain for a while but do it anyway
Learn the difference between object-level transforms VS mesh transforms
Learn about how Blender manages data blocks
Follow a few beginner tutorials but don't get stuck in tutorial land, watching how other, more experienced people work (through timelapses/streams/behind the scenes/etc) is WAY more effective for learning
Work on your projects or fuck around to try things out every day
Invest in a decent GPU
Have a long-term, overly ambitious and seemingly impossible goal as your motivation to keep grinding

>> No.920121

>>920095
Make the donut
Attempt an intermediate waifu tutorial (the only reason you downloaded blender)
Fail
Uninstall
Do it all again 3 months later

>> No.920188

Does the new hair system have a layer... system? I know you can just add a new curve object to the same mesh, but I want to convert it to the old physics system to add physics to it, and I can't join the two curve objects so I'm not sure how that'd work. I have little to no experience with hair particles in blender, if it wasn't obvious yet.

>> No.920194
File: 3.21 MB, 3440x1440, Screenshot (522).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What are some blender addon(free and paid) that make things easier for you by a lot?

Looking at some camera addons sugestions

Used HumanGenerator and I was satisfied with the result.
Tried using Substance Materializer but I do not see the library like in the youtube tutorials.
All I get is the Bake Settings

>> No.920197

Ahhh!
Just added a new human model to the scene and it won't render! It's stuck on 0 samples. If I try to close the render window program doesn't respond.

>> No.920218
File: 868 KB, 3836x2108, arc-a770.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>918904
Not gonna lie Blender bros, I'm feeling pretty tempted by the Arc A770. Looks like the version with 16GB VRAM is going to be the most affordable new 16GB GPU available yet.

>> No.920219

>>920095
Watch more than 1 series of 'beginner' tutorials
There's multiple ways to do many things, so you'll see different methods and you can use what's more comfortable

>> No.920220

>>920096
>Data blocks
Can you elaborate

>> No.920242

>take free base male/female 3d model
>learn to only make faces
Would it be a good idea?

>> No.920256

>>920242
if you're just a hobbyist, do whatever the fuck you want.
if you're asking in the context of doing this as a job: no one is looking for a one-trick pony anymore. you must be at least "ok" at basically everything.

>> No.920296

>>920256
I'm looking to get a job in the future but obviously not as a character artist, I was wondering if I could do that kind of tricks for characters because I'm not really fond of it

>> No.920441

>>920218
did they state how good it performs compared to the 3060/ti?

>> No.920727
File: 72 KB, 896x364, 1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

An issue I have had with blender when trying to do precise things, for example, this is the edge of a room.
The current verts on the left are one side of the hold where I want the door, the grease pencil on the right are where I want the other side of the door hole and I want it to be exactly 900mm over.
What is the best way to acomplish this?
The ways I know so far that all seem too convoluted are;
>add a loop, its in the middle of the two verts and I have to drag it and do it by eye or do some maths by first subtracting from the total length to figure out how far left from the center point where the cut appears, then move it x amount left.
>duplicate verts on the left, move them to the right 900mm then add a loop cut on the original face and slide the loop cut verts to the left until they snap to the verts i duplicated, then merge or delete those duplicated verts

isnt there an easier way?

>> No.920728

>>920218
I'm tempted too
>>920441
There were pictures in a /v/ thread and most of the games have around the same fps as the 3060. Some games it's a bit higher, some other games it's a bit lower

>> No.920735

>>920095
do a couple of blender guru's tutorial series. ignore him after that, he's an nft shill.
make stuff that interests you and problem solve with google/youtube when you reach roadblocks
keep doing that and you will automatically improve.

>> No.920757

>>920095
I recommend CG Boost Blender Launchpad. For 60 bucks It goes over basic modeling to material and animating. The content goes over basic functionality of each feature one by one before jumping into practical assignments.

>> No.920770
File: 145 KB, 818x463, Screenshot_30.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>920727
You can directly input the position of the vertex in the Item menu, (press N).

>> No.920773

>>920194
HardOps (paid but easy to pirate)
BoxCutter (same)
Machin3tools (free)
All essential.

>> No.920792

>>918904
>>Z is still fucking UP
still?

>> No.920797
File: 177 KB, 1407x1628, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>920220
I don't know exactly what they're getting at, but it might be the way an "object" can have a "data block", which is mesh data, or a curve, or what have you (an object that doesn't have a data block is an "empty"). Multiple objects can share the same data block, which can be useful. I use this in an early stage of sculpting hands, sharing all the finger data, then I set them single-owner for individual finger shaping.
It's useful for reducing the amount of work you need to do in some specific situations, and it can be useful for initial stages when sculpting things that are very similar but can't be accomplished with a mirror modifier, like when you're sculpting a posed figure and want to do the legs, arms, and other non-mirrored symmetrical bits at the same time for any portion of the work.
It's very important to learn if you want to do some scripting.

Honestly, one of the best things you can do is learn a bit of the scripting. Blender has a lot of little interface annoyances you can overcome with some simple scripting, and a lot of things don't have full plugins available. Here are three little scripts I wrote up while working on my last small project. The top one makes all the modifiers of all selected objects non-visible (mostly so I can work on one side without a mirror modifier interacting with Orbit Around Selected). The middle one sets all selected objects to have the remesh size of the active object, and remeshes all the objects. I use this when working on things that have a lot of different objects, especially hands, and I want to remesh them all at once at the same voxel size. The bottom one just unlinks all the mesh datas, making them all single-user. This is how I take a bunch of linked parts and unlink them in bulk, because in Blender alone you have to do it one at a time, which gets really old.

Learning a bit of the scripting can save you a lot of work: https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/advanced/scripting/introduction.html

>> No.920798

>>920792
It makes more sense. If you were laying out a room, your floor plan would be X and Y, and Z would be height. Z as up is the most sane approach in 3D.

>> No.920824

>>920770
thanks but doesnt that still require me to do the math from the whole face length?
if i want a vert exactly 36cm to the left of the active vert in your pic, wouldnt i need to know the full length of the edge?

i just want a way to simply create verts from intersecting edges that are on the same plane

>> No.920882

>>920824
I'm confused, if you want a vert that's 36cm left, just create a vert and move it's x position to (active vert's x position-36cm)
Yeah, there's math, but that tends to happen when you're trying to make things precise.

>i just want a way to simply create verts from intersecting edges that are on the same plane
What intersecting edges now?

>> No.920888

>>920882
That vert won't be part of the face

>> No.920969

Why the fuck does Blender become absolutely unusable for shit like animations after having it open for more than 4~8 hours?

It seems totally random at times but the project becomes super laggy and doing any action in it like undoing, moving NLA strips around or even clicking on anything like Hide, Unhide takes it like 30 seconds to a minute or more to actually process and activate. I need to close the program at that point and restart it in order to have it work as it's supposed to and it just annoys me because I don't understand why the fuck it does that. Maybe some sort of memory leak/overflow? idk

>> No.921278
File: 1.08 MB, 2498x1259, nnoise.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone know how this intense scribbly noise from a post about freestyle may have been done? I've been messing with all the noise geometry modifiers and can't get my lines to look like this

>> No.921279

Is gscatter the best scattering plugin?

>> No.921326
File: 1.46 MB, 1280x720, 1664396259233328.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is Blender's NLA finally usable?

>> No.921327

>>921326
Cute fox

>> No.921403

>>918904
is there any reason to bake materials (procedural materials) if say the objects and animation just stay in blender? that method is usually if you're exporting to some other program or making a game? I'm trying to work with cycles and mostly use procedural shading and rarely any image textures

>> No.921407

>>921403
blender has terrible curvature generation in shader (pointiness is not accurate) and you can get a lot more specificity if you decide to actually paint maps (though you can just paint masks to use with procedural shading).

But yeah if they're staying in blender no that's preferable, you'll get way higher resolution and quality and it's customisable in scene.

Use image texture with your procedural shading though, why bother spending hours on a node setup for some scratches when you can import a scratch texture and use that.

>> No.921417
File: 58 KB, 309x115, a file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>921407
uh, I could fully follow what you were trying to say, let try to parse this...
>if you decide to actually paint maps (though you can just paint masks to use with procedural shading)
as in texture painting or diffuse/normal map baking?
>Use image texture with your procedural shading though, why bother spending hours on a node setup for some scratches when you can import a scratch texture and use that.
but what if I already have a method to make scratches from nodes? unless you mean create scratch material on a plane, bake that and use the self-made image for future projects? or just get a scratch image texture via online search for free? i do know that with duckduckgo you can specifically search for textures that are free to share and use commercially

>> No.921441

>>921417
sure, or make it in substance designer, or take pictures and modify them to be black and white masks, or draw them in photoshop etc.

Like you're not going to procedurally make fingerprints in a shader for example, but a tileable fingerprint image can be used procedurally within one....then where it goes can be handpainted with a mask.

See what I mean?

>> No.921528

>>921441
so it seems you're saying that when I reach the limits of procedurals or blender in general, seek out other programs. also don't force or isolate doing something in blender when it can be done easier with a little outside help. ok I concede. as much as I actually enjoy making recipes with procedurals i can yield to the assistance of external images....when necessary.
as for that fingerprint example, i tried making something and can probably do something better given some time. but for now i'll use an alpha
>stubbornness has held me back...but only a little

>> No.921556
File: 265 KB, 534x405, abortion.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why is the "search" so much fucking worse in 3.x?
Gives the most retarded auto-fill options compared to 2.8x, like filling "clear pose..." gives only the bone rotation clear, what the actual fuck?

>> No.921606
File: 202 KB, 1251x648, Untitled.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any pros here? Can you check this blender file out for me, please?
Why does this model look transparent in solid mode but look fine in material preview?
I checked the normal and tried to flip it but it didnt work.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/voyzja0pa6llx5n/Succubus.zip/file

>> No.921608

Pleb here, so how exactly this works?
1) make a model. It is made from more than one part. To texture it, it should be one remade into just one thing with properly distributed edges/creases/etc?
Or:
2) It can be a whole lot of objects for as long as UVs were properly unwrapped, since Substance Painter doesnt really care?

And generally speaking, what is the fastest and simplest pipeline from a model to fully textured model?

>> No.921639
File: 26 KB, 697x459, Capture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm trying to bake the hair objects on this unwrapped head but it seems to be ignoring the transparencies. Is there a way around it?

>> No.921694
File: 2.93 MB, 608x1080, 1665476654135423.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>921327

>> No.921739
File: 683 KB, 1920x1017, GameProjectTrimSheet1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>918904
Hey all, need some help here. I'm trying to make some Trim sheets for my current project, and everything -so far- has been going well. But I've run into a snag. I want to hand paint my textures in Blender, and need something similar to the tiling function for sculpting, but for texture painting. I want my brush strokes to effectively be offset so that while painting in the top left brick, or painting on the top right brick, that they carry over. Is there an addon or setting somewhere I can toggle?

>> No.921783

Can someone explain to me what causes Blender to fuck with the zooming and panning sensitivity so much?

Sometimes zooming with the mousewheel or ctrl-middle click drag will zoom way too much, and sometimes it will slow to a halt and not zoom in anymore when I'm nowhere near close enough. It's fucking annoying as hell, and the navigation settings don't make anything clear.
Same thing happens with panning (shift-middle click drag).

>> No.921795

What is the optimal way to make the elbow IK target automatically move to the right positions when moving the hands?

>> No.921800
File: 113 KB, 3240x1080, wide angle test.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Advice on doing wide-angle shots? I'm looking to give a sense of scale by showing the geometry that surrounds the camera with a panorama render, but it isn't coming out as nice as I'd hoped. This render, for instance, has the right kind of extreme forshortening, but the distortion makes it looks like the floor is wildly curved.

>> No.921801
File: 30 KB, 1080x625, wide angle test 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>921800
This one communicates the flatness of the floor, but fails to make you feel like you're between her feet. Is what I'm trying to do impossible? In blender, or even in general? I swear I've seen drawn art pull stunts with nonlinear perspective to this effect, but I can't find a good example right now.

>> No.921805

>>920096
>Learn the shortcuts, it might be a pain for a while but do it anyway

Very bad advice.

Composite shortcuts like shift+alt+N should be mapped to a streamdeck or programable mouse. All other single key shortcuts are intuitive, s to scale, g to grab, r to rotate etc.

A thing 3d bros should learn is to use their left hand to control everything and keep the right hand always on the mouse.

>> No.921806

>>921783
You need to use the view selected more, most 3d programs have it on F because you're using it all the time to set your navigation to suit certain objects but blender is a special boy and makes you use the numpad or tilde menu for it

>> No.921807

>>921801
There's probably a way to do it in 3d, but it would more likely than not involve fucking with the models scale in a flat regular shot, but to match the perspective of what you have. Or you could render her + objects needed in the desired perspective, and then combine it with an environment after the fact that was rendered by itself in a perspective that better conveys the desired effect.
TLDR;
You can do it, but it'd be a lot of work.

>> No.921846
File: 915 KB, 3367x1224, Screenshot (542).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do I put this texture on the pig?

>> No.921856
File: 28 KB, 438x484, Capture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>921846
Click the green dot on the Color channel, select 'Image texture' and open the pig texture in it.

>> No.921860

Any animators here?

In Blender 3.3, how do I restore the Blender 2.7 behavior where I can right click anywhere on the timeline/dope sheet/curve editor and it will immediately jump to that frame? I don't like clicking the small horizontal frame bar at the top, I like the old way better.

>> No.921867

>>921278
Try using Freestyle as render pass and editing it in the Compositing tab.

>> No.921886
File: 727 KB, 3345x1067, Screenshot (546).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>921856
Thank bro

Also why does the shadow dissapear at the pig's lower body part?

>> No.921905

if I enable some my models with Shadow Catcher option they become invisible. Why?

Also how can I make scans react to light/shadows?

>> No.921909

>>921905
I mean a megscan of a building for example, I shadows to be cast upon it's surface.

>> No.921993
File: 1.00 MB, 3470x1132, Screenshot (552).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do I add procedural mud on different parts of the pig's skin?

>> No.921994

>>921846
>>921886
>>921993
Based pig enjoyer.

>> No.921996

>>921993
combine/mix the skin texure with the mud texture obviously and add some kind of mask/noise for the mud

>> No.921997

>>921996
not sure how to do that

>> No.921998

>>921997
ever heard of google?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgaYJS8WXDY

I will no longer be helping you with this lazy attitude

>> No.921999

>>921998
yea but I have 3 principled bsdf
2 are related to the mud and 1 is the pig

>> No.922000

>>921783
hit view (or search)
set a keybind to "frame selected". It pans and zooms based on your current framing target. i have mine on F

>> No.922002

>>921606
texture is transparent most likely but the material doesnt have transparency on/ is using something in the settings to generate the rest of the space.
try in solid > studio > material (or object etc, anything but texture)

>> No.922003

>>920969
how many undo steps do you have? whats your set for memory limits in the options? You very well could be simply overwhelming your PC at a certain point after a certain amount of operations are cached.

>> No.922004

>>921999
so

>> No.922013

>>921999
use the mix shader node dumbass

>> No.922073
File: 211 KB, 1338x1045, Screenshot (554).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>922004
>>922013
upper two bsdf nodes are from mud
lower one is pig skin
how can I mix all three since the mix shader has aonly two shader slots??

>> No.922084

>>922073
Anon seriously, put another mix shader behind the one you already have

>> No.922115
File: 411 KB, 1920x1080, theversionthatisntpron.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>922084
I think there's only so much you can spoonfed a retard. Sooner or later you gotta let them take flight or fall.

>> No.922124

I download hair texture and normal map from final fantasy to practice hair cards anyone know how to edit the shader

>> No.922169

Am I retarded, or does mantaflow not support liquids enclosed by effectors?

>> No.922215

Should i bother learning Blender if i cant draw and have no imagination?

>> No.922226

Why is blender so bad at handling displacement? Every time I try to use it the program crashes, how am I supposed to render anything in this?

>> No.922236

>>922226
Yeah it's kinda bad compared to other renderers with it, doesn't take vdms either. I tend to use the displacement modifier if it's just for a still render.

>>922169
Honestly mate, bite the bullet on Houdini indie, do not bother with blender Sims.

>> No.922276
File: 96 KB, 802x538, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is anybody aware of a method for creating metaball-like behaviour on arbitrary meshes? Doesn't necessarily have to be non-destructive.

And before you ask: yes, this is for making cum.

>> No.922285
File: 364 KB, 1292x1240, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>922276
Worked it out

>> No.922299
File: 8 KB, 206x98, 1500033272324.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

LOLWAGEN BECAME BLENDER PATRON

>> No.922332

>>918904
Is rendering eith an amd gpu finally ok for cycles? nvidia is looking terrible price performance wise atm but I still want to get nvidia solely because of blender

>> No.922354

>>922332
You'll branch out from blender eventually and find nothing else supports AMD at all, go nvidia or you've wasted money in CG

>> No.922361
File: 89 KB, 1493x760, 1C354ADE-8265-4264-AB00-0443D8416BC9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Stylized head for a project.

>> No.922374

>>922361
looking good anon, did you start with a basemesh or from scratch?

also post wires

>> No.922376

>>922374
for now its just a skulpt, retopo will come later down the road. i started with a sphere

>> No.922388

>>922354
Damn that sucks, guess I'll be forced now even if it's worse for games

>> No.922391

If I'm a beginner and my sole goal is just to make detailed humanoid characters and animate them, should I even bother with modeling much or just do sculpting?

>> No.922392

>>922391
Yes, you need to learn to model to retopo, or download makehuman and sculpt fromthat.

>> No.922393
File: 316 KB, 570x837, fhgfgjfgjfghj.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

now with body, next i will work on her hair and third eye and slowly go over the body, then imma add limbs

>> No.922394

>>922393
why does she have a man's torso

>> No.922395
File: 294 KB, 392x757, fhgfgjfgjfghj front.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>922394
its my style but unironically, she will get breasts dont worry, and a nice cock

>> No.922407

so Im trying to use wiggle bones, but when I try to use it imediately after it flips the fuck out and stops working. I tried reinstalling but the same thing happens.

>> No.922410

>>922395
based quasihomo

>> No.922412
File: 52 KB, 530x337, 3209478.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>922395
If your character is this ripped, the volume of the pecs will cover the bottom side of the collarbone.
Literally like in the OP of the thread just below yours.

>> No.922417

What's a good GPU for Blender for someone with a $500 budget?

>> No.922418

>>922417
Your imagination.

>> No.922433

>>922412
Ooh interesting, thanks for pointing out anon

>> No.922441

>>922395
you can't brush away abysmal anatomy by saying "its my style"

you're just wasting your own time on this shitty torso
just learn anatomy and start over, it will save you countless hours in the long run

>> No.922442
File: 7 KB, 96x96, 91CA1D73-54BB-4FFC-83F1-0A0895F32D40.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>922441
Not even worth a (you)
Post work

>> No.922449
File: 1.45 MB, 2194x2170, sleepin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>922442
different anon but I like fit women, its good

also post her massive dong

>> No.922452
File: 252 KB, 608x503, Screenshot from 2022-10-19 13-31-44.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was looking for software that allows me to to make some nice hair easily. I saw that blender 3.3 offers new type of curve hair sculpting system and i really like it.
The problem is that i would like to now turn this hair in something that can be rendered in real time and maybe even have some physics to it eventually. Has anyone yet figure out what the steps are to do this?
I know you can turn these hair curves in to particles but all you get out of this is millions of particles. I have no idea how to clean this up so that it looks the same/similar but requires less computation for physics.

>> No.922460

>>922452
Anon I love her face she’s so cute

>> No.922543
File: 473 KB, 2250x3000, 1633261857598.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

can a nigga get some real-time anime girl modeling and texturing workflow with some commentary videos? most workflows are sped up too much for me to see anything

>> No.922699
File: 52 KB, 184x116, SMIRK.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why does donut man's mouth do this? Any doctors here who know?

>> No.922703

>>922452
Get hair tool for blender, basically it converts all these curves into hair cards/ribbons, after that you can cull most of them to get to the amount of tris you want, at least that's the way I do it

>> No.922710

>>922395
Why so fucking muscular?

>> No.922711

where can I find free model of pig penis?

>> No.922714

>>922711
>anon still did not finished his pig dick quest
toppest kek. How long has it been now, two weeks?
Play ToA, it has illustration of pig penis in gloryhole scene. Model your own from it.

>> No.922720

>>922714
I did find one but it is more alien looking. So not realistic.
I'm shit at modelling

>> No.922724

>>922720
If you know what pig dick looks like, why don't you model it yourself?

>> No.922753

>>922699
He's just Australian

>> No.922784
File: 16 KB, 500x500, 1618697537305.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>color transform autism is still going on
I don't get it. At this point it feels like they could just make a flowchart that answers every single stupid question
https://devtalk.blender.org/t/filmic-as-default-is-hurting-the-experience-for-people/22283/124
https://devtalk.blender.org/t/blender-support-for-aces-academy-color-encoding-system/13972/225

>> No.922787
File: 767 KB, 1638x1941, bunwip.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I've got this mesh that I retopologized over a sculpted model. I'm trying to remove the shrinkwrap modifier so I can rig it, but I'm not sure how to do that without totally fucking it up. When I have the subsurf modifier before the shrinkwrap, the mesh picks up the detail and looks good. When I have it second, it loses the form entirely in some places. If I just apply the shrinkwrap without applying the subsurf, that's what it'll look like.

I don't want to apply the subsurf before rigging obviously, if I can help it. But how else are you supposed to handle this? Should I just bake the normals from the high-poly version and hope it's good enough? Or is there a better way to do it, with multires or something?

>> No.922789

>>922720
>I'm shit at modelling
Why not turn your pig dick quest into an educational journey to better modelling skills? Just imagine, fast forward five years, it is night after you delivered your winning speech on gala for the Best 3D Model Of 2027. A 9/10 supermodel is smoking a cigarette in your bed. Her bust is glistening with sweat from passionate love-making. She asks you, eyes-wide in amazement, where did you learn such incredible modelling magicks. Then you can proudly answer that in the beginning there was a pig cock.

>> No.923046
File: 387 KB, 540x535, 27204796.55_3457620.515000017_image.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any Hair collection to download?

>> No.923049

>>923046
The demo file has a bunch you can append to your project.
https://studio.blender.org/films/heist/gallery/?asset=6072

>> No.923064

>>922703
>cull
how to you cull them
is there a slider that can decrease the density in the addon or blender? or do you need to manually remove them one by one?

>> No.923067

>>923063
use the select random vertex feature and then extend the area with Ctrl NumPad +

>> No.923073

>>923067
thanks

>> No.923121

>>922784
gained some understand for why the blender devs just ignore community consensus sometimes.

Holy fuck these retards, why would you ever want standard back. How is exposure that doesn't behave like real life more intuitive?

>> No.923180

>>922784
Or devs should just fix the color management and nobody would be making those stupid threads.

>> No.923210

Helpan pls
How do I add say an extra limb to a rigged model?
1. I've tried ctrl join but if I pose the model the limb isn't attached to the body.
2. I've tried selecting the limb and the shift selecting the rig or a bone then parenting with empty group or bone. Buut the now the model is off, they eyes ar popping out.

>> No.923227

Let's say I want to use high resolution sculpting. Is it better to go with more ddr4 ram or with more bandwidth ddr5?

>> No.923230

>>923227
ZBrush and don't worry about either

>> No.923283

Never been to this board before but I'm doing some coomer VR import shit and have struggled my way to an almost perfect import of a model, however in my infinite wisdom I royally fucked up the eyes and it is way, way too late to undo it. I'd rather suck-start a shotgun than remodel the entire fucking body just to get spherical eyes again so my question is: Can I take my fucked, squished eyeballs and import the same eyes from the original model, then essentially just set the vertex positions on my fucked ones to the positions on the good ones? They have exactly the same number of vertices. There is a catch however, the developer of the VR thing I'm porting this into is a fucking slug who uses a system where you cannot add, delete, or otherwise modify the number or vertex order of your model in any way, shape, or form or the import will not work. Dunno if I'll get a reply but fuck me I have spent nearly 10 straight hours searching for anything that works and blender has by far the fucking WORST ancient forum answer bullshit of any piece of software I have ever used.

>> No.923287
File: 3.56 MB, 3440x1440, Screenshot (567).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do I blend the genitals to the pig better?
Another issue is that the textures stretch
Anyone care to explain on how to fix this please?

>> No.923288

>>923287
>/3/ - Pig Cocks.

>> No.923298

>>923287
>How do I blend the genitals to the pig better?
Why would you want to in the first place?
Do you really need to get this close with your camera to the genitals that it'll become a problem?
This blending issue is the downside of using 2 separate meshes.
There exist a method of use normal transfer from one object (body) to the other (genitals), but this is usually used for hard surface details that are better aligned/fused to their parent object - maybe not ideal in this case.
I am pretty sure there is some shader magic one can do to make them look better - I have no idea how.
You could also use a renderer like Arnold that can merge 2 objects at rendertime using a similar normal transfer method - making them look like one.

>Another issue is that the textures stretch. Anyone care to explain on how to fix this please?
UVs are a (flat) 2D representation of triangles/quads in 3D space - if the UV coordinates are misaligned and projecting in a wrong way you get stretching and distortion.
You probably stretched the model itself and left the UVs as they where, creating this mess yourself.
If there already exists proper UV islands, do this:
Create seams from islands in case there aren't any. Unwrap and pack again. You'll need to recreate the textures (they are useless anyway).

>> No.923300

>>923298
>Do you really need to get this close with your camera to the genitals that it'll become a problem?
I am pretty sure dude is planning to do porn with it, so I guess he does.

>> No.923310
File: 690 KB, 2710x1238, Screenshot (568).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>923298
yes I plan to get closeup shots of that area
indeed I stretched the ballsack in sculpt mode.
looking into uv tuts rght now

this is what it looks like

>> No.923315
File: 769 KB, 2645x1155, Screenshot (569).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>923310
Looking better now
did the smart uv unwrap
seems now I only have to paint/clone

>> No.923365

>>923283
You could try transferring the vertex positions via UV, You need an add-on to do it in blender I believe

https://mmemoli.gumroad.com/l/tOKEh

>> No.923369

>>923315
Usually you just have it clip into the model in such a way that the body model overlaps, and have the upper part that's going to clip have the same texture colors as the body.
Also, while I have no interest in seeing your source image(s), 5 seconds of looking on startpage showed me that pigs balls are generally covered with the same thin fur (or no fur, in which case the skin color is all the same); it's not like how dog balls can be kinda bald.

>> No.923370

>>922787
You either need a Normal Map to provide fake details or you need more geometry to provide real details.
Generally you take a normal map from your sculpt, and also when you retopo you try to construct it in such a way that you have enough "resolution" (lines) for the areas with lots of detail

>> No.923371

>>922784
>>923121
>>923180
Yeah this is basically "NOOOO I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND PHOTOGRAPHY, I'M AN ARTIST AHHHHHH!!!"

>> No.923375

>>923365
Figured out how to deform the eyes back to the way I want with shape keys but I don't know how to apply it to only the eye vertex group, if I try the method of deleting all the shape keys it just applies it to the entire mesh. I am going to blow a fucking artery seeing my mesh looking exactly how it's supposed to, seeing the vertices exactly where they're supposed to be except I cant just hit a "keep position" button and be fucking done with it.

>> No.923376
File: 2.65 MB, 2560x3752, help .png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I have this image that i need to project onto another image. Basically 2d projection onto 2d. How do i do it using blender. Im only blender video editor rn but im open to doing literally anything to make this projection work. Please help thanks

>> No.923384

>>923376
bumping

>> No.923436

Anyone watching the Blender Conf?

>> No.923511

Feeling overwhelmed trying to learn Blender for UE gamedev.
I know programming really well. I work as a real software dev. But I have absolutely no knowledge of art or 3d modelling.
It's overwhelming just learning Blender. Watching tutorials about armatures and stuff. Literally starting from scratch.
Is this what non-programmers experience when they try learning programming for the first time?

>> No.923513

>>923511
Pretty much, 3d is similar in that there are a bunch of fundamentals that are not easy to understand and you can't progress without, but when you know them find they're universal across all applications.

As to the art side, that depends on the person, some people never hack it. It's a struggle basically until you die

>> No.923514

>>923436
Yeah me

>> No.923515

>>923315
looking forward to the next installment of the pig cock saga anon, keep at it

>> No.923525
File: 60 KB, 568x518, 1525797899878.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>NOO YOU _MUST_ SCALE YOUR OBJECTS 10X TIMES THE SIZE THEY SHOULD BE OR ELSE BLENDER'S PHYSICS BREAK!!
>[objects of course move awkwardly slow like the literally tons heavy giants they are]
>physics part of Blender officially abandoned for years and no one wants to poke it with a 10ft stick
Fucking hell, this is beyond pathetic.

>> No.923537
File: 186 KB, 1456x672, blender_launchpad_header.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>918904
Is this course good for learning the most basic fundamentals?

>> No.923561

>>918904
My toaster gets pretty loud whenever I have a couple of lights and effects placed.
Should I be concerned or is that normal?

>> No.923567

>>923525
Houdini indie, anything less is a waste of time

>> No.923600

>BlenderLab is about putting together a team whose task will be to create a whole new Blender from scratch in 5 years
Oh shit

>> No.923602

>Donutman kept fucking nagging Pablo about why Blender just won't fucking introduce analytics and just kept going and going
What the absolute fuck is that retard's problem

>> No.923614

>>923602
Donutman is a perfect example of the Dunning-Kruger effect
Where did that come from, though? A presentation from today?

>> No.923617

>>923614
Yeah it was a live interview with Ton in the first third of it too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZTcM7WPZis

Part of the currently happening Blender Con. They're also pumping out videos like crazy while it is going:
https://www.youtube.com/c/BlenderFoundation/videos

>> No.923621

>>923602
Man believes his own hype

>> No.923680
File: 215 KB, 1070x756, 2022-10-29 02_40_44-Blender.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I am performing excercises in order to familiarize myself. I am currently having an issue because I want to extrude both side inwards. How could I accomplish this if I wanted both sides to be the same?

>> No.923682

>>923680
Extrude along normals.

Otherwise solution is to do one side and then Symmetrize. I would generally recommend adopting this approach, especially if you use Hops plugin.

>> No.923684
File: 307 KB, 964x753, 2022-10-29 03_06_38-Blender.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>923682
Oh, I see! Thank you very much.

>> No.923685

>>923684
I think I can see some double-edges already (those edges that are darker than others) This will probably make some autist itt screech at me, but it is one thing I don't enjoy about Blender at all - that it is making double-edges/vertices which can later cause you whole lot of trouble. It made me annoyed to no end when I started with Blender.

Solution is to get Machin3tools plugin. It is free in basic version (which is all you need). It has an amazing function called Clean up. You just press A in Edit mode to select everything and then press 3 to get rid of all double edges, vertices, etc. Simple as.

Plugin: https://machin3.gumroad.com/l/MACHIN3tools
The function: https://machin3.io/MACHIN3tools/docs/clean_up/

>> No.923740

Any uselful addons for blender that make life easier when posing human models?
Any addon that has a pose library or some automations like clenching hand??

>> No.923755
File: 1.17 MB, 3288x1114, Screenshot (576).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

No idea why it behaves like this

Have a vertex group assigned to the armpits area.
Discover that hair is on the nipple. I want this deleted.
I go back in edit mode select the vertex group mask, using ctrl+mouse to unselect the vertex on the nipple then click assign. Select other vertex mask group do the same, since this group too had nipple selected somehow. Then I go back to the initial vertex group and discover hairy nipple(vertex is still selected) even if I clicked Assign

>> No.923757

>>923755
DELETE THIS!!!!

>> No.923768

>>923755
>>923757

AVERT YOUR EYES, JESUS!!!
I'M MASTURBATING!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>> No.923775
File: 50 KB, 920x977, 424-4249790_transparent-emoji-thinking-png-dog-thinking-emoji-meme.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is it viable to render at a smaller resolution and use an AI upscaler to bring it up to the desired resolution?

>> No.923792
File: 716 KB, 2000x1000, 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>918904
Anyone got this? poorfag, plus early version

>> No.923814
File: 456 KB, 750x921, 2022-10-29 23_18_54-Blender_ [G__Models_Blender_girl.blend].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any advice on how to make them look more natural? I think I got the overall shape, but I am open to criticism.

>> No.923815
File: 180 KB, 457x562, 1667105204465343.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>923814
Your boobs look like two mellons on a tree trunks.
Bobs are like large squish pectorials. They flow from the deltoid on the shoulder to the chest. You need shoulders

>> No.923816
File: 166 KB, 882x1141, 1661647043090065.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>923815
Here is a pic from the anatomy thread here on/3 you should read
Look how the pecs are connected to the shoulders and collar bone. The bottom of the pec goes into the arm pit.

>> No.923819

>>923814
What they told me in art school is to stop drawing tit shape like a C or D, but like a tilted opposite J. Shape is fine, but you completely omitted the weight and squishiness of a tiddy. They need to rest against the body, hence why boob-sweat is a thing.

>> No.923840

>>923775
upscaling ALWAYS looks like shit. AI upscaling too. I would only go that route if it meant saving literal days of rendering (in case of an animation) and even then only to an extent where it's not too obvious.

>> No.923853

>>918904
Henning Sanden
@henningsanden
Sidenote: While film and commericals IS moving away from Maya, it's not moving towards Blender but instead Houdini. If I was a student today, I'd 100% be learning Houdini.

If you want a future-proof tool, this is it.

>> No.923854

>>923853
No such thing as future-proof. Just keep learning and never stop, simple as.

>> No.923857

Anyone know a good source for non-baked walk animations?
Everything I can find is baked down to single frames making them impossible to modify.

>> No.923896

How the fuck do you roll the camera with the mouse?! Why is this basic thing so fucking hard

>> No.923897

>>923854
>No such thing as future-proof.
exactly. houdini is amazing but talking shit like "fUtUrE pRoOf" software especially in these times is basically just admitting that you're a giant ignorant retard and every post from you should be disregarded.
there is a big chance we might be building 3D objects in a completely different way in the next decade.

>> No.923925
File: 54 KB, 843x677, 537345754.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Weightpainted one finger. Can I somehow transfer the weights to the others, instead of repeating everything manually?

>> No.923927
File: 517 KB, 1284x775, 1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> official blender yt
lmao

>> No.923928

>>923925
Yes, but with how low poly your model is it would take less work to do it by hand.

>> No.923937

>>923896
you mean on its own axis?
you can do that by pressing shift+4/shift+6 or preferably ctrl+alt+middle mouse button
https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/15049/how-to-roll-the-viewport

>> No.923955

Any 3D-Generalist "curriculum" material for blender? Like a course or something?

I kind of just want to get better now that I am not a complete beginner, but the general spread of my skills is still not enough to really do anything I want to do, and I get a bit lost in where to start and what to focus on learning in what order.

>> No.923959

>>923937
Yep, I tried that but it just refused to map to ctrl+alt+mmb

>> No.923961

>>923959
which version are you using?
is might sound silly but have you tried draging your mouse up and down after holding ctrl+alt+mmb?

>> No.923962

>>920188
is there a way to increase the let's say gravitational acceleration to fix this?

>> No.923976

>>923962
Weird, it just starting working when I tried again, guess I did something wrong before

>> No.923977
File: 169 KB, 704x921, basemesh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any thoughts on this? Something you see that should be fixed before continuing?

>> No.923980

>>923977
Are you going to sculpt it? If you're going with the voxel remesh workflow then it's probably fine, otherwise you might want to think a bit about how you're going to join the legs with the hips and the arms with the shoulders.

>> No.923984

>>923927
I hate this charlatan so bad

>> No.924139
File: 561 KB, 1388x1146, sneed.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

is there a way to avoid these kinds of weird creasing artifacts when using the bool modifier to cut holes in a mesh?
>inb4 shade flat
would prefer not to, since i'd like to have curved walls where the flat shading would be really noticeable.

>> No.924140

>>924139
fix the topology

>> No.924142
File: 343 KB, 1487x1043, sneed 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>924140
elaborate please for a noob? can this shit be fixed or should i just start over?

>> No.924155

>>924139
Auto smooth and weighted normal modifier

>> No.924159
File: 1.53 MB, 420x314, 1662911724120761.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>924155
thanks anon, that helped a lot

>> No.924169

Is there a way to blend from pose to pose with a value like you would a shapekey?
I'm animating a dude on a motorcycle I'd like to create 2 poses (leaning left/right) and blend between them automatically with a driver as the motorcycle leans. So I can just animate the motorcycle, and only need to animate it leaning since it's following a path, and the rest is all automatic.
It seems like something that should be possible, but I'm not really sure where you'd handle that at.

>> No.924170

>>923984
Love how the dude goes on and on about achieving realism when he hasn't come anywhere near it, but pretends to be an expert. Dude's fucking stuck in the mid-tier trench and struggling hard clawing at the walls to get out.

>> No.924179
File: 146 KB, 1280x720, RTX-3060-vs-3060-Ti-Is-Ti-Worth-Paying.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I'm looking to upgrade from my old GTX 1060 which is definitely showing its age. Which works better for Blender, an RTX 3060 or RTX 3060 Ti? The 3060 Ti is faster overall but the 3060 has notably more VRAM (12GB) than the 3060 Ti (8GB)..

>> No.924180

>>924179
Why the fuck would the TI have less ram than the stock model?
Isn't that kind of the point of the TI models, they have more VRAM and boosted clock speeds.

>> No.924181

>>924179
Considering how AI is quickly becoming a staple tool for Blender, 12GB would work best if you want to dabble in it.

>> No.924184

>>924159
You should still learn topology though.
t. man who should do the same.

>> No.924192
File: 761 KB, 2962x1195, Screenshot (578).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why does this fence reflect the hdri? How do I fix?

>> No.924194

>>924179
What is more important, GB or bandwith? Im looking at the 3070 myself but those only have 8 GB but a higher bandwith of 19 Gbps compared to 15 Gbps for the 3060.

>> No.924196

>>924179
>GTX 1060 which is definitely showing its age
it's perfectly fine for all kinds of asset creation. went up to 50m polygons in zbrush without it becoming too slow to work. waste of money unless you also play new games

>> No.924197

>>924192
>How do I fix?
Photoshop

>> No.924221

>>924197
bruh
I want the fence to be fuly visible

>> No.924238
File: 2.24 MB, 2153x876, c.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone know why the new hair curves in blender 3.3 turn to tubes when you change the render engine from Eevee to Cycles?
I don't think it has anything to do with nodes.
I feel like I accidentally set some setting in one of the the right menus.

>> No.924251

>>924196
Might be because it doesn't even use the gpu.

>> No.924252

>>924251
if you were smart, you'd know that that just strengthens my point.

>> No.924253

>>924238
its a bug in eevee as amything in blender - its fucked and will be for years. use geo nodes to set curve radius.

>> No.924254

>>922787
Use multires, not subsurf.

>> No.924257

>>924238
>>924253
Alternately, you can use Object > Convert > Particle System
This will convert your new hair curves into the particle-based hair system, allowing you to do everything you could already do with them.
Geo nodes are a better, more flexible option for now, but if your particle hair workflow is stronger, you might be able to use that to your advantage.

>> No.924259

>>924179
Just get the 3090.

>> No.924297

>>924169
Anyone?
I hate using the NLA editor, but I was thinking if I can't blend between poses like you would shapekeys, maybe having 2 tracks in the NLA editor for the left/right lean and blend between those would work. Though it's kind of a dumb and roundabout thing.
Pose library in the asset browser also has a blending feature, but as far as I know it doesn't work how I think it does, and wouldn't do what I'm trying to do.
Why you can't just save a list of poses like shapekeys and have a menu of them is beyond me.

>> No.924298

>>924259
...why would you get a 3090 when a 4090 exists?

>> No.924306
File: 1.21 MB, 893x856, glass.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I was trying to create a glass with some liquid, but I don't understand why the liquid, which is supposed to be red, is not visible through the glass. Any ideas?

>> No.924315

>>924306
Maybe post the material setup

>> No.924347

Is zen uv 3 available somewhere? I can't find it on cgpeers. It has a github page, but I'm not sure you can get it from there, it downloads a different folder structure.

I want to test a new feature for organic models which may help with nanite meshes, but I don't want to spend 25 bucks just to see if it works in 2 seconds.

>> No.924396
File: 57 KB, 401x780, 2022-11-03 13_54_11-Steam.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>924315
Sorry, here it is.

>> No.924399

>>924396
And is this eevee or cycles?

>> No.924401

>>924399
Cycles.

>> No.924413

>>924396
Roughness is probably too high and scattering the light. Roughness needs to basically be off when dealing with glass, and you need to use the transmission roughness for the most part.
That and I like to put a tiny bit of alpha into it, so it's like at 0.8 or something.

>> No.924415
File: 1.12 MB, 3275x1091, Screenshot (583).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How can I add the procedural mud onto the selected legs while keeping the skin as it is for the rest of the skin?

>> No.924430

>>924415
What the flying fuck is wrong with you ?

>> No.924434 [DELETED] 

>>924347
Nvm, just bought it and thankfully it's literally amazing. Works perfectly, it actually surpassed my expectations by far. I can't believe I wasted an entire day trying to save 24 fucking dollars.

>> No.924436

>>923792
Bump Physical Celestial Objects, addon that works with Physical Starlight and Atmosphere, Looks pretty cool

>> No.924443
File: 69 KB, 462x349, glb.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm a total blender newbie.

I made a doodle gif of a crown, wanted to turn it into a 3D model.
But I would like the 3D mode tol retain the shape like in the .gif animation - just be 3d.

What's the best way to proceed?
Watched a tutorial on extrusion, wanted to start with doing that with one of the frames and seeing from there, buuuut:

I tried exporting the 4 frames of the .gif as upscaled .SVG but those are invisible after importing for some reason lol

What's the best method to turn a flat gif / svgs into a .glbs that retains the animation?

>> No.924444
File: 1.21 MB, 2000x1000, crown-giftransparent.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>924443

Trying to make something like this:

https://opensea.io/assets/ethereum/0x495f947276749ce646f68ac8c248420045cb7b5e/46942449095798978139196061129598781165809491874357942861478028418790306349156

But being animated. Basically just having a 3D/extruded version of the attached gif

Does it make any sense / is that possible?
How do I go from the gif / SVGs of the frames (4 frames) to an animation?

Would it make more sense to just re-construct it in blender from scratch?

>> No.924445

>>924444
Blender can import SVG as curves or grease pencil objects. I dunno how it handles multiple layers in SVG, but you could always import each different shape and then change the visibility each frame. It's only 4 frames, so it wouldn't be much work.

>> No.924482
File: 397 KB, 1333x685, Screenshot (585).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>924415
Managed to assign the mud to the desired parts
Buuut
it doesn't look natural, how do I make the mud fade from vertex edges?

>> No.924492
File: 982 KB, 2323x1052, 789345983463.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Bit of a noob here with blender and 3d modelling in general, but wonder if anyone can advise on something. I'm trying to change the straight bit on each end of the cross into a triangular shape, like the picture on the right. What would be the best way to do this? You can see the bits I have selected on the far left image, but moving those in fucks it up. Is it better to make it again in 2d and change, then extrude, or something else? Just need some guidance on the best way to do it.

>> No.924500
File: 630 KB, 2696x1232, Screenshot (588).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>924445
Can it be done in the shading tab?
No idea what to do? Tried slipping in a gradient texture node...

>> No.924536 [DELETED] 
File: 413 KB, 614x791, screen85564.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hi /3/, how am I supposed to perfectly UV map such curved surfaces like pic rel?
Is there a good way to do it besides doing it vertex by vertex?
I have always some weird zigzags and deformation where the geometry is more dense.

>> No.924539
File: 191 KB, 387x418, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>918904
what is the goal of uv? the squares look fine but the big object and small object has different levels of detail. what do?

>> No.924547

>>922784
Filmic is confusing for color picking and non realistic cartoon renders.
I was colorpicking colors from cartoons and putting it on a simple material and it was coming out really dull until I just turned off filmic and set it to the standard color mode

>> No.924551

>>924539
Average islands by scale so they have same resolution when texture is applied. You also want to apply the scale of objects before doing that.

>> No.924557

>>918904
First time Blender user here (v. 3.3.1), how can I turn the cube into a square?

>> No.924579

>>924492
That topology is royally fucked; it's easier to start over and re-create the shape with triangular ends.
There nothing salvageable here. While you could try to knife and extrude the shape in the bottom part, the other directions don't even have the space to support it.

>> No.924585

>>924579
Ah, thank you. I was messing with it for a while and started to think the same thing (it's fucked) but unsure from lack of experience with Blender. I'll start over.

>> No.924595

>>924500
>procedural mud
I don't think you're responding to the right anon.
That's got nothing to do with importing SVG objects to make a little animation.

>>924482
Also, literally just vertex paint the shit.
Add vertex colors, color everything black, then use white to paint where you want the shit to appear. Then just reference it with the "color attribute" node (input>color attribute).
That's all I'm going to say, figure out the rest yourself. I've given you all the necessary information to google it and figure it out, and even told you a simple workflow. I'm not going to hold your hand through the entire process.
Don't reply to me unless you're responding to tell me you've figured it out.

>> No.924609

>>924595
all the tutorials regarding color attribute node show nothing on how to use material

>> No.924703
File: 3.04 MB, 3299x1259, Screenshot (594).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Manage to bake the mud texture
But the problem is that it looks bland when painted over, I see no shine, no bumps/displacement

>> No.924708

I've been seeing a lot of gensho yasuda's anime blender animations on Youtube and was interested in getting into it.

Would something like Dillon Gu's blender animation course be good for complete beginners?

>> No.924728

>>924708
you need basic knowledge of blender to follow along so no, its not for beginners.

>> No.924806
File: 16 KB, 408x286, 1646761946262.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>3.3 cycles render 3:13.62
>3.4 beta cycles render 0:19.16

Thats 3 minutes saved. Results are almost identical, invisible to the naked eye without flipping between the two, and even then its just small deviations that arent quality related.

What is changing in 3.4 to make it so fast?

>> No.924819

>>924703
Managed to bake normal, roughness, ao, color. How do I go about now ? Apparently I'll need to bake displacement too but no idea how, it doesn't appear in the menu.

>> No.924852

Shot in the dark question here, I don't expect it's possible but just want to check:
For my application, I need every separate moving component as it's own mesh object (meaning each of the armature's bones will have a separate object made of exclusively it's children).
Issue with this is that it makes the actual modelling workflow a pain in the ass, since I can't use mirror modifier (since everything needs to be its own mesh), I thought about making mirrored components linked duplicates, but this doesn't work since I still need objects on the left side to be parented to the left side bones and the mirrored ones the mirrored bones.
My current workflow for this is to model everything as one mesh, weight paint it, then apply the mirror modifier and separate out each individual component. Then once I need to make changes, I join everything together again, delete half the mesh, create a new mirror modifier, make my edits, and repeat the whole process again. Very tedious.

So I guess my question is if there's any way to make a linked, mirrored duplicate of an object that also applies the weight painting to the mirrored bone on the parented armature?

>> No.924861
File: 53 KB, 1140x580, Screenshot 2022-11-06 at 13-30-47 Blender - Open Data.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Am I seeing this correctly? Why are the AMD RX 6950 XT and RX 6900 XT rated below the RTX 3060 in rendering performance on Blender's benchmark data website?

https://opendata.blender.org/benchmarks/query/?compute_type=OPTIX&compute_type=CUDA&compute_type=HIP&compute_type=METAL&compute_type=ONEAPI&group_by=device_name&blender_version=3.3.0

>> No.924865

>>924861
because amd's cards are fucking trash
my rx 580 has been rendered useless for years now because AMD doesn't cooperate like a normal company with updating drivers and keeping them in working shape. trying to render in the latest stable 2.9 causes my system to bluescreen. I'm not surprised their latest GPUs cant render for shit.
this shit drives me up a fucking wall because rendering is exactly why i bought my rx 580 3 years ago for $130.

>> No.924873

>>924142
did you boolean your way trough or what?

>> No.924880
File: 154 KB, 720x669, Screenshot_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>918904
How do I improve the noise in the circled area? I've tried everything I could find online to reduce noise but it nothing seems to work.

>> No.924904

>>924880
nvidia or intel denoiser. You can download both on github. Beyond that only more passes/cycles/whatever or better light.

>> No.924977
File: 52 KB, 219x194, 2022-11-07-1667832678_219x194_.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnn

>> No.924978
File: 516 KB, 1920x1080, 0001_watch?v=hzqD4xcbEuE_00:00:39_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>924977
kek

>> No.925064

>>924609
>color everything black, then use white to paint where you want the shit to appear
What is a mask? If you don't know that or how to use it, stop what you're doing right now.

>> No.925133
File: 23 KB, 375x747, shortstack.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm a 2D fag that's just getting into 3D. Is there any reason why I shouldn't use dyntopo? It's way more convenient while sculpting, but in all the videos I've seen everybody just uses remesh. Also, does it matter out of what meshes you do your initial block out? I see people using rounded cubes, going into edit mode to shape them how they want, adding loop cuts, etc. meanwhile I'm just pulling around UV spheres in sculpt mode like it's play-doh.
Is this all just personal preference or am I missing something? In the end you just retopo that shit anyway right?

>> No.925148

>>918904
Off-topic. What is a good pentablet for sculpting under $50-$60.
Wacom is expensive in my country. I have Huion - HS610, HS611. Gaomon M1230, M10K Pro. Which should I get. I am going to be doing sculpting.

>> No.925220

>>925133
Dyntopo has garbage performance at high polycount. The way you create your basemeshes doesn't matter much unless you want to use the multires workflow which requires somewhat clean quad topology. Although I personally think it's easier to get clean, non-blobby shapes by blocking out everything in edit mode with very simple primitives.

>> No.925243

I've been looking for a tablet that can run blender, so I can sculpt while sitting on the couch while the wife watches her trashy tv shows.

It seems my options are a surface laptop, spending a bunch of money on mac shit to go the ipad route, or setting up linux on an android.

Anyone have any experience with this? Solutions you've used?

>> No.925245

Any recommendations for a good Hair modeling/ texture video?

>> No.925252

>>925133
As this anon mentioned >>925220 Dyntopo tends to give wobblier shapes and you might also accidentally delete your progress by using the relative detail setting.
Apparently you are doing stylized stuff but if performance is still an issue, I've heard that blender 3.3 got an apparently considerable boost in that regard.

>Is this all just personal preference or am I missing something? In the end you just retopo that shit anyway right?
yup

>> No.925254

>>925148
you should ask on /ic/'s drawing tablet general

>> No.925266

>>925243
>tablet
Why not just remote desktop? Parsec is awesome for /3/ purposes. And it works on linux.

>> No.925319

>>925266

I would want a tablet so I can use a stylus while sculpting, didn't consider remoting into a desktop though thats a good idea.

>> No.925337

Live Animation Show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLkc4EgHWj8

dude animates the default cube like a character.
I kneel, blender man.

>> No.925348

>>924880 here
I've found the issue. For some reason, the denoiser wasnt working, so I had to factory reset the settings and use the original HDR from the scenario I downloaded, and didnt use another HDR background from >>924880. Conflicting lights and HDR lighting + denoise not working was the problem, I guess.

>> No.925358
File: 47 KB, 1389x1154, Screenshot_2022-11-09_23-51-17.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Guys, is there a way to make bevel modifier with weights work when there there are vertixes where edges with different weights meet?

Top left - bevel with such weights; the edges of the top face have much smaller weight than the vertical edges, and the corners are fucked up. Top right and bottom - bevel made with bevel tool.

>> No.925359

>>925358
In this case I also cannot use two different bevel modifiers with two vertex groups, it seems.

>> No.925442

>>924192
I can barely tell what I'm looking at in this image. What's it look like in the material view?

>> No.925445

im using a radeon RX 580.
when it comes to rendering im pretty fucked arent i?
im only making basic objects without fancy settings or whatnot and it takes fucking ages to render with cycles..

>> No.925498

>>925445
Weren't they supposed to have a new renderer for AMD in Blender 3?

>> No.925499

>>924192
Well, if a surface reflects HDRI, it means that rays escape the scene without hitting anything. You can either put another object in the way so that it is reflected instead, make the surface material more rough, or blur the HDRI.

>> No.925864

How do I duplicate an object so that the duplication will have different nodes
I did shift+D then ctrl alt S but if I change the nodes of the duplication the original object gets modified too. How stop that?

>> No.925876

>>925864
In my Blender Ctrl Alt S does not seem to be bound to anything. Perhaps for you it used to be bound to something in Object - Relations - Make Single User, but it's not the case any more. Alternatively, on the material tab or in the node window click on the button that shows the number material users to duplicate the material.

>> No.925926

>>920218
>no windows 7 or 8 drivers
Go fuck yourself Intel.

>> No.925947

>>920218
Does Blender realistically support anything other than Nvidia?

>> No.925949
File: 156 KB, 885x738, AMD.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>925498
>a new renderer
No, you can enable the new AMD and Intel cards for cycles in the preferences

>> No.925972
File: 340 KB, 802x810, girl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://80.lv/articles/stunning-photoreal-renders-in-blender-by-blitter/

>> No.925982

>>925972
>the daz models with the "flash on" makes things super realistic meme
They're not fooling anyone but normies and blind retards with that shit.

>> No.926065
File: 310 KB, 640x826, ryu.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

downloaded a model. why is her face like this?

it doesn't actually effect anything, I'm just curious.

>> No.926078

Looks like fucked up normals. They were probably edited for anime style lighting and something went wrong with the import. You could fix it with Mesh > Normals > Recalculate Inside/Outside

>> No.926095

>>926065
Normals are fucked
Resetting vectors will probably fix it.

>> No.926139

>>925982
Protip: Those artists are absolutely fine with fooling those two groups

>> No.926141
File: 94 KB, 944x708, 20200424-bateman-03.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>925949
>renders a cube in b with the hip renderer

>> No.926165

>>926139
Evidently so.
I guess there's some overlap between journalism and being a blind retard too. Actually, pretty sure there's a lot of overlap between being an online journalist and being a retard. The circles are near on top of each other.

>> No.926238
File: 931 KB, 1080x804, wg4ukbs1ebw91.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

do you like this?

>> No.926245
File: 152 KB, 1585x1668, 1645862850302.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>924396
Try doing it this way and see if it's improved. You can fuck around with the IOR and roughness to your liking if it's too transparent.

>> No.926385
File: 23 KB, 800x800, Monochrome 13.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

To the ones here who had deep experience with Maya and migrated to blender, what was/is the main appeal of blender over Maya (excluding price tag)?

>> No.926460
File: 32 KB, 360x433, Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 16-38-09 Products Available For Purchase AMD.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How good is the AMD RX 6900 XT for Blender? The price has come down quite a bit and I've got my eye on it.

>> No.926503

hi guys

w-what theme do you use?

>> No.926567
File: 43 KB, 1024x558, 1668736175823542.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fuck Linux, fuck AMD and fuck jannies.

I've been trying for two days to get Blender HIP to work on 6700xt, and it always crashes while trying to render some shit.

Not to mention the amount of shit I compiled to get this to work, and failed due to obscure errors that I can't understand.

Does this happen in your country? Should i go back to Wangblows if I want to use Blender with AMD?

>> No.926573

>>926567
Never fucking buy AMD video cards. I had a grudge against Nvidia over quadro driver features not on GeForce despite no real hardware difference, then tried AMD and it’s console tier garbage that is unstable to do shit.

>> No.926636

>>926573
I managed to fix it after installing Rocm arch from git. Crashes occurred with opencl-amd, and opencl-amd-dev.

I hated my last Nvidia card because of the proprietary bullshit resulting in really bad Linux experience. Overall I'm happy with AMD, even if you have to thinker every now and then.

>> No.926703
File: 77 KB, 732x455, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hoe can I add the mesh with bones on the left to the armature on the right?
I'm trying to replace the mesh of one gun with another. The blender on the right has the rig with all the animation tracks that I export to Unreal. If possible, I'd prefer to just replace the old mesh with the new one and fix up any animation problems rather than start from scratch with my root template, but honestly I've had such a hard time trying to get this to work that I'd be extremely grateful for any information that helps me get the new meshes+bones into existing armatures

>> No.926786
File: 1.24 MB, 1511x1149, Screenshot from 2022-11-21 17-47-59.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone know or have a tutorial on how to apply a T pose animation rig to an A pose model?

From what i've tried you can't just move the bones of the start position because then it's going to fuck up your offset and cross your arms when they were suppose to be resting downwards.

>> No.926846
File: 430 KB, 2048x2048, FblhMmZaQAISxpP.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any good tutorials or assets that can recreate this paint shading look?

>> No.926961

>>918904
Does anyone remember a anon making a really bad looking cat and rigging it, texturing it, and giving it a jittery walk animation? I can't seem to find it anywhere, let alone remember what board it was on

>> No.927078
File: 24 KB, 116x115, 1643303415563.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

how do i enable the viewport compositor? there's no separate build on builder.blender.org and there's no options in preferences > experimental or viewport options in the daily 3.4.0 build

>> No.927084

>>927078
As far as I know it's currently exclusively in the Alpha builds (under experimental as usual)

>> No.927089
File: 49 KB, 950x547, 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

how to solve this problem for subD?

>> No.927092

>>927089
Merge unneeded vertices

>> No.927139

>>927089
I'd remove the manual bevels and replace them with crease and then smooth shading with autosmooth. It won't be ideal, but bevels (either manual or bevel mod) on concave angles don't work with subd at all.

>> No.927140

>>927089
>>927139
Ah yes, there's an alternative - make this hole using a Boolean modifier, but put it after subd.

>> No.927150
File: 214 KB, 1398x682, 2022-11-23 16_56_54-Window.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Trying my hand at a low poly mesh. Any advice or criticism?

>> No.927184

In Blender how do you fix the zoom ratio? Like, when scrolling in to zoom just stops at a certain point.

>> No.927193

>>927184
Because you are in perspective view, not orthographic. Press "5" on numeric pad to swap between the two.

>> No.927217

>>927184
It depends on your point of focus, if you want to get really close from a small detail you can either select it and press . to make it the new focus point or your can alt+middle click it.
Also if you want to ger REALLY close you may have to change the clipping start value in the viewport's view settings.

>> No.927219
File: 20 KB, 638x547, pepe-desk.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Will Eevee ever get proper realtime GI and reflections? Screen-space AO, screen-space reflections and lightmap baking just feel so outdated and stale now.

I like Cycles, but it takes so long to render on my GPU and I don't have the budget to build a render farm.

>> No.927226

>>927184
Don't ever zoom. Dolly, pan, orbit, but never zoom.
For some retarded reason, it Blender doesn't have a point where the zoom "stops", it zooms fractionally and approaches zero but never zooms "all the way in". Select your object, press "." on the numpad to focus on your object and zoom from there if YOU MUST zoom, if not, do the same, but use ctrl+mmb and move the mouse to dolly in.
Adjust the camera's clipping value as needed as well.

>> No.927227

>>927219
Eevee is getting a big update and revamp soon ("Eevee Next" apparently), so all of those seem likely. GI probably for sure.

>> No.927231

>>927226
To me it seems that ctrl-mmb and scrolling do the same thing, at which point it's unclear what you mean by zoom.

>>927184
If you don't have numpad, ~ 3 does the same thing as numpad dot.

>> No.927235
File: 148 KB, 786x739, Optimuspoint.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If I download a .blend from elsewhere and the model is already posed, how do I eliminate all the prior pose data so I can re-pose it to something else and make it stick there? I have very little experience in the rigging department. It seems every time I try and manipulate the pose and I misclick to a different menu, it resets itself to what it was when I downloaded it

>> No.927240

>>927235
go to pose mode on the rig, open a dopesheet editor, go to action editor context and delete the action

>> No.927241

>>927240
Thank you friend :)

>> No.927251 [DELETED] 
File: 510 KB, 1600x1600, LD0005841823_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is 8GB VRAM enough for Blender?

>> No.927252
File: 510 KB, 1600x1600, LD0005841823_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is 8GB VRAM enough for Blender? Currently considering an RTX 3070 Ti.

>> No.927261
File: 2.20 MB, 1024x1024, Zoom vs Dolly.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>927231
Scrolling the mouse wheel zooms, which has a limit. Think of it as putting your camera at a fixed point, and zooming in on something (hence the name). You can only zoom in so much on something from a given vantage point (in Blender it seemingly approaches infinity and has no visible change once you zoom in to a certain point).
IRL zooming would change the focal length, as zooming is literally just changing the focal length of a camera (higher mm zooms in, lower mm zooms out), but in Blender I don't think the focal length changes when zooming, which can be a bit confusing. It'd be more confusing if it did while you were modelling though as it would change the shape of the model.
For a good example of what zooming does irl and in blender, just change the focal length of a camera object while in camera view. That's what the scroll wheel does.

ctrl+mmb and MOVING the mouse forward/back (not scrolling the wheel) dollies. This is the same as picking up your camera and physically walking it closer to an object. Though in an actual film production, it'd be like putting the camera on a track or a wheeled base, and scooting it.
If we were to use a camera object in Blender as an example, Dollying the camera would be the same as grabbing the camera with "G" and moving it on it's local Z axis.

The obvious distinction here being that in terms of modelling, moving your camera closer to an object is better than staying and zooming. Especially when the focal length doesn't change when zooming while modelling.
Though it should be noted that this is all info for perspective mode. If you're in orthographic, zooming works exactly how you expect and does the exact same as dolly.

Webm related is a visual to show the difference between what's physically happening when you zoom vs dolly. Note how the focal length changes when zooming (the camera "stretches"), and it stays the same when dollying. Though as said it doesn't change when outside of camera view.

>> No.927278
File: 725 KB, 800x1200, untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBXA2JDUs-s

>> No.927288

>>927252
https://opendata.blender.org

>> No.927289

>>927288
>Today we present the Blender Benchmark, a new platform to collect and display the results of hardware and software performance tests. With this benchmark we aim at an optimal comparison between system hardware and installations, and to assist developers to track performance during Blender development.

>> No.927353
File: 77 KB, 997x759, seams.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

every time I bake the bevel shader onto a normal map I get these awful seams, how do I fix them?

>> No.927382
File: 207 KB, 1006x729, seams2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>927353
tldrl the seams are inevitable but less noticeable if you increase the bevel width, good enough for me. I would really recommend playing around with the bevel node in blender, it can save you a lot of HP>LP bakes if you do environment stuff

>> No.927451
File: 17 KB, 782x168, devtalk.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Alright which one of you tards is this?

>> No.927583
File: 1.71 MB, 3456x2234, Screenshot 2022-11-27 at 3.03.50 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>918904
What is this green and how do I get rid of it? It appeared when I merged a cylinder into a sphere to form the neck and upper torso.

>> No.927587

>>927583
wild guess it's "face sets", there's probably an operator to clear them

>> No.927589

>>927587
Thank you kindly, fiddling with that did the trick.

>> No.927655

How do I switch from sculpting in Zbrush to Blender?
I was looking for some guides on how to set up shortcuts and make my tablet work in a similar way but all there is are full courses and some youtube tutorials haven't been very helpful so far. Any suggestion on resources that can help me achieve this?

>> No.927740

Does texture filesize matter to Cycles for VRAM usage? If I have identical textures 4096x4096 but one is 700kb jpg and the other is 10mb png are they going to use the same amount of VRAM?

>> No.927804

>>927740
My understanding is no: the images are uncompressed into full bitmap-style images anyway, as image compression helps reduce storage space but would slow down data manipulation.

>> No.927808

>>927804
That's what I thought too.

>> No.927811

>>927261
Get yourself to a point where mouse wheel stops zooming and try ctrl-mmb from there, it wouldn't work either. That's why it seems to me that ctrl-mmb and scroll wheel do exactly the same thing.

>> No.927887

so this is the power of blender
https://www.reddit.com/r/blender/comments/z8j0nu/avatar_the_way_of_water_but_no_budget/

>> No.927912

How might one go about modelling a shoe from patterns? I want a model that's accurate on the inside and down to tiny scale, so I figured I might as well use patterns. But shrinkwrap modifier is godawful and doesn't preserve area/volume anyway so I'm fairly stuck.

>> No.927914
File: 177 KB, 1101x603, 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

my first retopo. any tips?

>> No.927924

Been using blender for 16 years, but relatively new to sculpting, sad as that may be. I'm trying to sculpt in reptile scale detail into an existing sculpt. Previously I had been just faking this with bump maps but want to try to actually sculpt the detail in for real.
I'm wondering what the best way to go about this is? I imagine there's some shortcut which means I wont have to outline every scale by hand, like if I could pull up a template as a brush or something.
Also, something more complex, I'm wondering if there's some way to have multiple "LODs", which is to say I would much rather pose and animate a less detailed, scale-less version of the model that doesn't bring my PC to it's knees, and save the higher detail model for the actual renders.

>> No.928137

>>927924
maybe this could help https://www.wingfox.com/c/8904_81109_24534 ? it's up on multiple torrent sites

>> No.928138
File: 791 KB, 2313x1242, Screenshot (636).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any way to mix to base textures into the principled bsdf node at base color??

Issue is that I've exported as fbx the model to paint the skin in Substance Painter and now the skin is darker than before. Or any way to make the skin lighter?

>> No.928267

>>927912
Sewing's not going so well, either. Cloth sim is too unruly. Is there a way to sculpt that would preserve the area of the parts? I just need to nudge everything in place, really.

>> No.928536
File: 258 KB, 1383x952, skullcap.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any idea on how can I fill this with a grid? It keeps missing some of he vertex.

>> No.928541

>>928536
there's some properties in the little panel that pops up in the bottom left of the viewport: spans and offset. fiddle with those