[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 2.78 MB, 370x492, InariArmour-2.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
912923 No.912923 [Reply] [Original]

New to ZBrush, would like to learn how to use the program for two separate workflows and get some advice as to when to branch the workflows out into two separate projects.

As you can see in this model at the moment - it's literally just blobs of overlapping digital clay sculpted using Dynamesh and the standard brushes. The first question I'd like to ask is - Now that I've got the idea of what I want to model down through rudimentary sculpting - What's the first thing I should want to do right now?

I want to have one version of this model for 3D printing, so high poly with all the bumps and detail available, then one version of this model for putting into either animation or games (so properly retopologized and rigged etc).

Should I continue refining the model until I get it closer to how I want it to look even if it is a lengthy process?

Should I start creating new model on top using primitives and use what I have at the moment as a guide?

Should I learn to use ZRemesh on what I have right now?

How do I keep higher subdivision surfaces and detail and bake them onto a low poly model in ZBrush?

I want to create a character with interchangeable armors / heads / clothes so underneath all this is a naked furry... as you do. Asking on 4chan because of SFW furshittery and I don't want to bother a professional with my degeneracy even if they've probably seen worse.

>> No.912935

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs-B05TC-8Y
Going through this guy's tutorial at the moment. My biggest concern is losing the detail I have on his glowy vein like stuff and his exposed cybermuscle because I'm not certain on how dynamic subdivision works, and whether I should use that if I want to keep a version for 3D printing.