[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 101 KB, 1080x913, lol.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
905177 No.905177 [Reply] [Original]

>see a popular blender course
>average model quality is pic rel
Why is it like this? Does nobody know how modeling in Blender works?

>> No.905189

>>905177
>legs clipping into the model
Every time. I see this from people who are proficient at modelling but just end shoving objects into each other without so much as hiding it.

Btw what course are we talking here?

>> No.905190

>>905189
CGBoost Blender Launch Pad

>> No.905196

>>905177
Most Blender tutorials are designed to be quick and easy to get clicks from an audience with a deficient attention span. Long-form Blender tutorials can be just as good as any other tutorial, but they don't get as much attention because people ate too lazy to watch them.

>> No.905197

>>905177
>youtube blender tutorial
>1 minute long
>zoomer reads list of keyboard shortcuts inbetween meme references
thanks but I will stay with industry standard software

>> No.905199

>>905196
Aren't quick tutorials more of a recent thing because of Ian Hubert? When I first started using it I didn't want to spend 16 hours to make a donut. I wanted to do something that gave me a quick rundown. The quickest tutorial I found was still 20 minutes long.
Since then, or since the lazy tutorials, everyone seems to be aiming for around 3 minutes. The worst of them is CGMatter. They're 2-3 minutes long and half that time has to be him shilling his patreon and sponsor.
It wasn't until I knew what I was sort of doing that I started to watch longer videos. Before that it was too bamboozling.

>> No.905208

>>905177
Because to start doing complex shit u need to do simple one first... if u fail to realize that u are NGMI

>> No.905209

>>905196
>people ate too lazy to watch them

Personally, when I search 'blender how to ______', I am not looking for a 45 minute explanation, 20 of which is wasted time watching guy slowly move his cursor around while telling me that he's going to tell me about the thing I specifically searched for that is also the title of the video.

I just want the bullet point instructions that can almost certainly be delivered in 3 minutes.

I am only seeking a longer tutorial as a last resort.

>> No.905210

>>905208
never before tutorials worked with such shitty begginer assets. blender is a toy for kids to get into 3D

>> No.905213

>>905199
>>905209
Short tutorials are great as an introduction and are also good if you need a quick fix to a technical problem, but most of them say things like "Check this box", "Push this button", or "Do x to y", but don't actually explain anything. The best types of tutorials are concise and have good explanations, but those can be rare. Normally you only have the option between a short tutorial that gets things done but doesn't explain anything, or a tutorial that is longer than it should be but actually explains things so you know how to solve your own problems later on. There are also long tutorials that don't explain anything and those are the worst, but at least it's easy to tell if it's one of those tutorials early on.

>> No.905218

> short course
> bro why is the 3d model too simple

Because they want to make the model as simple as possible so it can be done in the scope of the course, while still demonstrating the steps they wish to teach, as opposed to working on the models for, idk, fucking weeks.

If you did know how much repetition goes into 3d models and how long complex models take, you wouldn't be asking stupid questions.

>> No.905219

>>905218
>short course
yeah bro 22.5 hours is short

>> No.905686

>>905210
U say that but i remember watch my first 3ds max tutorial about how to make a fucking wase or animating literally 2 boxes to move left and right... anon ur full of shit

>> No.906252

>>905197
>sees thread about blender
>comes in and bashes on blender
>"hehe, got 'em"
You can suck my dick
The size is literally industry standard
Faggot

>> No.906258

>>905686
The first 3D course I went through had me modeling a backpack, a radio and a machete I think. It also had a stylized character, but I haven't touched that part. Much more complex than this low poly sheep and it was very easy to follow, with great end results. It has only been 5 years and I already can't find that course now, makes me feel old lol.