[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 167 KB, 769x612, 1569612577348.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
789297 No.789297 [Reply] [Original]

It's sculpting a meme that is only worth to AAA artists?

Am I destined to make low poly if I want to make an indie game as a single guy?

>> No.789299

>>789297
No, sculpt is part of the workflow to make low poly shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij6Oh2IItGA

>> No.789308

>>789299
yeah he's not talking about the actual polycount he means the art style.

>>789297
Start listing all the custom assets you'd need then add up how long it'd take you to sculpt and do a high poly for every single one.

then think about how quickly you could texture stuff if you just had flat shading and used an atlas of colour swatches like this to to get your colous.

https://twitter.com/ButtonCity/status/1287100842806476801

I don't think you're destined to but it makes a lot of fucking sense to if you don't even have another artist to help you.

>> No.789319

>>789297
You can start sculpting now, i answered you in agdg thread, but what are you worried about?

>> No.789321

>>789297
It would be too time consuming to sculpt every asset you need in a 1 person gig.

>> No.789350
File: 32 KB, 499x499, duckduckpoo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I developed a new art style that solved this problem for indies which saves huge amounts of time but looks unique and AAA, but I realized that I don't have the balls to utilize it without knowing if it would drag down the target sales needed to justify it. So instead I am pursuing a more traditional stylized method, as I'm moreso comfortable creating that than braving the total unknown and being subsequentially ripped off. The currrent baseline Lowpoly (flat shade polygon aesthetic) is for shitters who aren't artistic and are willing to compromise on low tier visuals, instead of trying to produce something that will engage the consumer. You can certainly make the Lowpoly modern aesthetic look pretty, but I have seen few and far between those who put effort into their designs.

If you feel you are forced to use lowpoly, go a step further and treat your visuals with care. It makes a serious difference, and could potentially capture the feeling of "soul" /v/ screeches about.

>> No.789517

>>789350
Can you post a examlpe of your unique way, or is it secret hush hush

>> No.789529

>>789350
> flat shade polygon
This is the problem, not being lowpoly. That's why the average PS1/N64 game still looks better than the average lowpoly indie game. That's the power of good textures.

>> No.789541

>>789308
Is there really any point in having a twitter devblog when most of the views and likes are coming from other devs? Doesn't seem like this translates into very many sales.

>> No.789548

>>789517
I believe that I created something unique and will not be seen in any type of game for the next few years, so I can't post it unless I want someone else to get the credit. I've been personally right about many things over the years, predicting how the industry will go and blah blah - eventually, the mainstream catches up. But, someone will eventually figure out the process, and I may not even get to making a game with it, leaving me uncredited. I suggest working in lowpoly, but make your visuals actually look appealing. If you aren't satisfied in that, then I can give you a hint. Compare AAA and indie game characters, now solve for the sum of their parts. With a little ingenuity you will come to the same conclusion as I have.

>> No.789555

>>789350
good god
is every board now using the "soul vs soulless"?

>> No.789557

>>789297
>Am I destined to make low poly if I want to make an indie game as a single guy?
Definitely unless you can afford to outsource

>> No.789568

>>789297
>lowpoly
as in, invariable descent into shitty memepoly aesthetic?
I was thinking about that and concluded that it all really hangs on the scope of your project.
one man AAA quality is attainable, but there is no way you're going to pull off huge open world all by yourself, not even with megascans and procedural assets, that world also needs to be populated, tested and so forth.
and frankly, I don't see the point in this anyway, for one man creation, in my opinion, something lesser, but made with care and attention to detail, would be much better.
look at these two mad brothers. they are my inspiration.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/773840/DRAG/
mind you, they've built their entire game engine from scratch. you will most probably be working with UE/unity.

>> No.789571

Low poly doesn't always mean the flat no texture style it could also be like this game:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1475380/TheDawn/

>> No.789581

>>789297
https://youtu.be/WxfhkpBPBiw

>> No.789582

>>789571
>TheDawn is a third-person shooting game about the journey of Maya, the superpowers who can manipulate time, and Max,
lol based

>> No.789585

>>789582
lmao only just got it

>> No.789648

>>789297
WHAT DOES THE REDDIT FROG HAVE TO DO WITH THAT OP?

>> No.789702

>>789581
>nearly 4 minutes to make a fucking square

So this is the power of autodesk.
Wow, blendlets absolutely btfo.

>> No.789704

>>789541
HR at a massive studio I did work for told me devblogs are a redflag.

>> No.789707

the time it takes to retopo and bake maps aint worth it, even if your sculpting chibis, your better off hand painting blocks minecraft style

>> No.789708

I think in general its much easier to get good at pixel texturing than it is to get good at PBR texturing. Theres a lot that goes into texturing a realistic prop, and im not saying that pixel art is easy or that the skill ceiling is so low but I think people struggle less with it compared to realism/semi realism. Theres a lot more technical stuff with pbr than there is just coloring in a mesh with pixels.

>> No.789746

>>789704
why would it be?

>> No.789751

>>789548
>Compare AAA and indie game characters, now solve for the sum of their parts. With a little ingenuity you will come to the same conclusion as I have.
This is such a bullshit and you're clearly an ideaguy game dev larper. This AAA vs indie comparison doesn't even make sense as they come in so many styles and qualities. An indie game character can look AAA and vice versa. So who the fuck knows what you mean by this and what conclusion can one possibly come up with, based on what you just said. It makes 0 sense.

>> No.789752

>>789568
Wow, that game looks pretty interesting, never heard of it. Visuals are very nice as well. I can see Megascans are being used though, I can spot that dead tree from an airplane. It has to be the most overused scan lol.

>> No.789758

>>789751
Well it's unfortunate you think I'm bsing you but everything I've said is true. Like I said, if you are smart you will be able to recognize a pattern and be able to come to a solution - likely the same answer I have found. But like most things, the majority of people will not be able to see - like you.

>> No.789839

Are games like Fortnite and Spellbreak PBR? There is lowpoly look that resembles the Overwatch one without using PBR but I don't know what it would be called.

>> No.790394

>>789548
>I put normal maps on a low poly model, I'm a genius.
Come back when you're using ray marching and fractals to achieve nearly infinite detail with simple shapes.

>> No.790395

>>790394
>ray marching and fractals
Yeah, too bad usual environments aren't self-similar. Nigger.

>> No.790412

the hype is a meme, the technique itself not

>> No.790441

>>790394
Sorry but you failed to guess correctly. Now you die poor and talentless.

>> No.790483

>>789548
What the fuck could you have possibly made to warrant this level of arrogant delusion? You are such a fucking faggot.

>> No.790486

>>789350
>Substance Painter on low poly models
you're a freakin genius man

>> No.790542

>>790394
>>790395
>>790441
>>790483
>>790486
I doubt you guys will figure it out. You're just destined to not make it, that's all. It's nothing personal but most people are not able to pass the physical threshold to take control of their own lives. They are stuck as autonomous objects. The numbers could be as high as 1 in 1000, even 1 in 10000. I encourage you to keep trying though. But if you can't find the way there's always "minimalistic Lowpoly". Better than nothing, right? :^)

>> No.790838

>>789704
why's that?

>> No.790910

>>790542
Jesus christ, what a self centered idiot. you are nit going to make it like that, at all. with that attitude you couldn't even keep a part time job that required any sort of team work, basically unemployable, not even a grocery store can "handle your superiority" lmao

>> No.790912

>>789297
>single guy
go find a girlfriend

>> No.790914

>>789350
>>789548
>>789758
>>790542
>Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder characterized by a long-term pattern of exaggerated feelings of self-importance, an excessive craving for admiration, and struggles with empathy. People with NPD often spend much time daydreaming about achieving power and success, and the perceived injustice of failing to do so. This is a pattern of obsessive thoughts and unstable sense of identity, often to cope with a sub-par real life.

>> No.790917

>>790542
Let's see your work, hotshot.

>> No.790979

>>790542
why are you such an asshole man?

>> No.791001

>>790542
>You're just destined to not make it
Hello. Someone working in AAA games for most of a decade here, and what the fuck are you talking about?

>> No.791014

>>790542
Could you show your work that isn't related to your unique style?
I hope your new style turns out well anon

>> No.791026
File: 1.10 MB, 1920x1040, AK74su.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>791014
Sure. I don't post my work here now but you seem genuine so I will humor you. This is a hero prop that will be in my current prototype, the type of lighting style that you see in the picture is the aesthetic I will be going for as I mentioned earlier. It still needs to be textured but it has most of its innards and at this point the character is more important than anything else.

>> No.791030

>>791026
So what about this workflow is low poly and fast and efficient? It looks like it took a fair amount of time + you say you're gonna texture it. I assumed maybe you'll just go with a unique shader and lighting and skip the texturing. This looks like a regular and a pretty slow workflow for an indie dev, especially if it is a 1MA. To create everything with this amount of details will take a looooong time.

I'll tell you what style I thought about that could be efficient, and maybe I'll use it one day - it's basically an AO + a roughness texture. It can create a decent amount of visual interest and I can skip the texturing completely. Add to that mid poly workflow with FWN and I can skip high poly creation as well.

>> No.791033

>>791030
Oh, this isn't the aesthetic I was talking about in the previous posts. It is the style I am going to use for my current project, which is utilizing the traditional high to low. I will also use vertex normals, trim sheets for the environments, and with tiling materials, it will be standard procedure.

The style I was talking about is something that I won't be using any time soon, as stated in the original posts. But if you can figure out how to connect both AAA and Indie together to get a middle ground, both the aesthetic and the work flow will take the best from each. It is that simple. I leave it quite ambiguous to weed out and filter anyone who wouldn't be able to solve for the solution on their own. I suppose saying that you just have to "solve for the sum of their parts" is a bit simple to state, as if it was "profound" - but that way only the people who really deserve to know will reach the conclusion. I have yet to see a game utilize it, so I'm pretty content staying mum on it. If anyone does find the solution then I will keep mum and let someone else have the glory. But the fact that I have let people know that the answer to fast iteration and pipeline is out there to begin with is a good enough head start for people to start going full deep dive autism. I expect someone to eventually claim it as their own. It will happen in due time.

>> No.791121

>>790542
Curb your narcissism.

>> No.791126

>>791033
I mean, there are plenty of ways to do that and I doubt your art style and workflow is something so revolutionary to keep quiet about. Original maybe, but there are plenty of original art styles in an indie community. But whatever, that's your problem.

What's your experience in gamedev btw? Did you develop any mechanics already or did you start with art right away? This fidelity will prove to be deadly sooner or later, don't know if you realize it. Or maybe you're a neet who is prepared to work day and night for years and will somehow pull it off. But at the end, nobody will care if your game design isn't interesting.

Also, why don't you just use your big brain workflow on a current project?

>> No.791137

>>791126
There are plenty of ways to iterate and work faster, but the point of the method is to replicate an AAA look as well. It is in my opinion a predestined trigger that will create a new subset of indie developers who are talented, but also want to be more than "lowpoly scum". I believe that I have exceptional judgement to see where the end will be, but it's really just hypothesis - not fact. The original styles you talk about are: Pixel art, 2D, or Lowpoly. There are only a handful of indie developers, especially small team/solo developers, who can create an AAA aesthetic for their games (time or skills, it doesn't matter). This method will allow people to compete directly with AA or even AAA, depending on how artistic they are. I am firm in my beliefs.

My experience is self taught. I am okay at C++ and HLSL, though I am no master at them. I am however quite good at Blueprints and creating game logic, datasets, etc, and yes, I have made the rough ground work needed for some mechanics already. I don't feel I need to worry about fidelity, the weapon was made in two days, lowpoly and all. Since I feel that I am capable at knowing what will appeal and what will not, I'm not worried about if I will fail. Just time, like all people.

I don't use my "big brain workflow" because it's just an estimated judgement on what will be the likely outcome. If an aesthetic comes around to the flux of developers, skilled and unskilled, that arms the individual with significant cuts in work needed, as well as achieving an AAA aesthetic, then it will most likely be replicated since it is the path to least resistance while still being "original". If I use it, I only get one attempt before everyone can latch onto it. At that point it could set me back years if I don't achieve high sales from it (A possibility). As such the game that needs to be made with it must be extensive, enjoyable, and match AAA fidelity. No easy feat even with the method. It is better to just stay silent.

>> No.791255 [DELETED] 

>>791137
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS CANT BE HAPPENINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

>> No.791269

>>791137
Delusional.

>> No.791286

>>791137
Oh boy... Idk how to respond to this. I hope all of this is just an elaborate trolling.

>> No.791319

>>791286
the answer is, as is usual for this board, legitimate, severe and most likely untreated mental illness

>> No.791332

>>789297
The reason low poly is popular with starting companies is because they suck at optimizing, you are free to make whatever u want if you know what you are doing.

>> No.791387

>>791269
>>791286
>>791319
I can't help you if you think what I say is impossible or unintelligent babble, it's difficult to communicate with those <130IQ, I unfortunately don't have a great verbal. The problem is that you yourself are below a threshold needed to at least entertain the idea of probabilities and possibilities. Like I said, people will dismiss me due to a genetic inability to view the bigger picture, even though that picture still exists, regardless of feeling. My suggestion to you at this point is to just follow the masses like everyone else, and continue working on your lowpoly skillsets. You aren't bright enough to piece together any valid method(s) from what I've said, so go back to your bucket.

>> No.791391

>>789548
bezier curve modeling (so you dont waste time vertice by vertice) or signed distance function

>> No.791393

>>791137
>>791387
Post your work nigger, I get the feeling you're all talk

>> No.791402

>>791393
he did >>791026

>> No.791409

>>791137
sounds fantastic, good luck. here's to (you)

>> No.791481

>>791387
>>791137
I don’t believe you.

If you can prove me wrong I’ll admit it but you are probably a liar.

>> No.791496

>>789297
Try and think about it like this, does your 2d indie platformer NEED to be pixel art? Can it be hand drawn and done in a reasonable time? Now apply that principle to 3D and also keep in mind that not every asset NEEDS to be 4k hd with 3 billion tris.

>> No.791499

Procedural boolean modeling + auto retopo / triangulation + procedural shading. Plus Asians.

>> No.791579

>>791387
Why do you have to be so mean? The more people who learn and grow the more people will help the art spher. We should be helping anons get better and build each other up. Not call each other stupid and tear each other down.

>> No.791590

>>791387
>people will dismiss me due to a genetic inability to view the bigger picture
people dismiss you because you're an obviously delusional person that writes walls of text about his unprovable, undemonstrable, undetectable secret genius. there's no issue with your ability to communicate, it's just that what you're attempting to convey is not any specific technical concept but your own pathologically inflated sense of importance, which nobody else can appreciate because your mental illness ends at the borders of your own skull. whatever pearl of wisdom you think you're holding on to has no meaning outside of the coordinates of your delusion and would only expose you to further ridicule if expressed, so, in your own words, "it's better to stay silent".

>> No.791594

>>791590
The point of gatekeeping is to deny access to the individuals that you do not deem worthy. Your opinion of me, as with any anon who is below a threshold of a required intelligence, is irrelevant. I have written enough information throughout my posts to give those who are capable of solving their own problems a route to attempt potential solutions. The fact being that there is an actual solution out there to begin with. The understanding then, is that they do so from their own ability, not be handed a walk through like every tourist and retard demands (You). Just because you cannot see the answer does not mean others won't be able too as well. If you find my demeanor disgusting, that's on you. It's done so on purpose as I have a serious revulsion against individuals who were never going to make it in the first place. You're a mediocre, unskilled, talentless hack who is below 3SD in IQ, meaning I don't have to treat you as an equal - you're not. You never will be. You are exactly like the rest of the masses: shallow, materialistic, insecure; unable to change their life predicaments, and so you write your butthurt. My posts are two fold - a retort against low intelligence or midwit hucksters (You), and a doorway for anyone who can piece together the puzzle, albeit seeming blurry and perhaps ambiguous. I'm sorry you don't have the mental cognition to solve for such a simplistic answer (It is literally in front of your face every time you make 3D).

"Modern Flat Lowpoly" awaits you, crabbie.

>> No.791605

Go back to /agdg/ and write about your superiority with other retards there. You already demonstrated you have no idea what you're talking about by saying there are only 3 art styles being used in indie (2D, pixel, low poly). You also didn't give enough information about anything that wasn't already known and thought about. A classic ideaguy just like that dude that opened a thread to tell us about his "PUBG but bigger and slower". You don't explain your genius workflow even a bit becase you know you don't have any. "Combine AAA and indie, the rest is up to you to figure". Absolutely mind blowing.

>> No.791607

>>791605
see
>>791594
Don't care if you read it already, reread it again. The exact same reply can be written to your low INT butthurt. Also AGDG is a shit hole and I have never posted there. I gave plenty of information throughout almost every post, but you're an idiot and it went right over your head. Even though the point is to exercise a problem solving hypothetical in the readers mind. Yet you can't even do that. Like I said, you're too unintelligent to know how to figure out the problem, so you don't deserve to know. :)

>> No.791609

>>791607
Yeah, a reply just like I expected it to be. :) No respectful arguments, just saying "you don't get it" coupled with a bunch of insults. Every single time. Typical ideaguy, like I said. I still hope you're just trolling us so at least I wouldn't need to feel sorry for you.

>> No.791610

>>791609
I'd argue the same for you. Instead of ditching your ego as a sub <145IQ undesirable, you hold onto it because it's all you can do to protect yourself from others who might say mean things to you! Like most of my posts on here, they are made sure to give genuine advice, as well as any scathing disrespect that is required. If you can't see helpful variables to piece together the complete question, then how are you expected to piece together a complete answer? You aren't. I hope you aren't feigning idiocy - it shows me I am right about you.

>> No.791615

>>791609
I don't think he's an ideaguy. I think he's actually just a typical out-of-the-scene indie dev with an inflated ego and delusions of grandeur. It's not a bad way to be since ego can be a good driving force for high risk ventures like game dev.

your type is a dime a dozen duckposter. innovation is overrated. the only thing that matters in this industry is ability to execute. that's why you are so afraid of starting your big brain project: because you know you don't yet have the breadth of skill needed to execute.

>> No.791624

>>791615
Your post is correct in many of its assumptions, the fact that you have read me quite accurately, and that I am finally talking to someone who isn't borderline retarded, I'll answer you sincerely.

Yes, I don't participate with other indies, nor have I even released my first game. Yes, I have "delusions" of grandeur and ego, but if I succeed afterwards, then were they really figment of imagination? The point being that I have already came to the conclusion that ego is a prime factor to those who are "exceptional". It is like you say, a driving force to fuel ambition, which in turns creates discipline and regiment. I couldn't agree more with these accuracies about me, I'm glad you see them.

What I don't agree with is that execution is all that matters. Perhaps people in the "industry" will say that, though doesn't it just mean the "power to do"?. In terms of objectivity however? No, innovation matters - just to the powerful. They are the ones who can unlock higher returns from this than I can. Right now I have no real support, I don't have tons of money, and I certainly do not have an army of interns and professionals working for me - I am just myself. A buttburger with a good IQ who commits every day to making it. You say I'm scared because I don't have the skills needed to execute: It's a close guess but I'm actually scared of being ripped off and out maneuvered by those who are in much better positions of power. If I release a game with the "big brain" aesthetic now, in turn ten games will pop up three months later. A year after and we will see it being used in AA studios backed by millions of dollars. I am scared of not being able to outpace the competition. It is not a question of skill, but of time and money. It will be better to just bide and wait, create my first game as a huge, traditional success, no failure, no mediocre release(s) - just hundreds of thousands of copies sold on the first try. After that, I will. Thanks for your post.

>> No.791632

>> No.791635

>>791624
You should work together with that Roxanna dude who wants to create 3 feature films about Alexander the Great. You two match pretty well.

What an absolute joke of a board. So many mentally unstable people came here this year.

>> No.791638

>>791635
I've been here since Millennia, even before. I suggest you keep quiet, tourist.

>> No.791641

>>791638
That explains your shitty attitude.

>> No.791642

>>791641
You don't belong here. Try Polycount or Discord.

>> No.791654

>>789548
>localized entirely in your kitchen?
>yes
>may i see it?
>no

>> No.791710

>>791624
I'm the anon you replied to. a suggestion: stop replying with derision to the people in this thread who are incredulous. they are incredulous because they are skeptical. they are skeptical because your posts consist of little more than narcissism, which is a poor indicator of actual ability. your replies are changing neither their opinion of you, nor your opinion of them. getting into the same argument over and over does not build you up as a person, and can only slowly warp your perspective of reality (viz. the state of other people in the industry)

that and you're collectively shitting up my board, which is already shitty enough as is.

>> No.791720

>>791710
Your second post is mediocre platitude, and thus I don't care to respond to you nicely nor in interested vestment - Your opinion doesn't matter and the point of the derision is to disrespect and put down others who feel as though they know better: they do not. It is not to convince them, they are quite literally absent minded idiots who only see what's in front of their face. It is to state to others (lurking) that there are real answers to the actual problems that indie developers face in visual fidelity. It is a serious struggle for a solo or small team to pull off, and if an answer lies out there, surely a Lighthouse could be in order. The fact that you think it's pointless has no bearing to me, it just means you're a one shot dummy who isn't intelligent enough to where I can give a substantial reply or have a nice discussion with, other than to mockingly insult you (Something I enjoy). You gave nothing new. You made no intriguing considerations. It baffles me that you wrote that drivel when others have concluded the exact same multiple times above, and who I oblige in responding to them as idiots. I can only conclude that you're a midwit and you don't really understand much - just a socialite who believes he has some kind of moral authority, the reality being that you're on 4chan(nel).

>> No.791738

>>791720
you've missed the plot. your original post was fine, but your subsequent sperging out was nothing more than for your own self-affirmation, and protection of your fragile ego. there is no benefit to you in doing so, as fun as it may be, and there is no benefit to this board.

and let me give you a little hint: the only posts you've engaged with respectfully have been ones that coddled you with words of kindness. that's why you are baffled by my subsequent reply, and need to recontextualize myself as a midwit socialite. haha.

>> No.791754

tl;dr of the thread:
>i can totally fly you guys
>but only when you're not looking

>> No.791767

>>791738
No, you don't understand. That's frustrating. The posts I've made on here have been out of kindness. I could have left my original few posts up and ignored your guy's idiocy the entire thread, but I don't, because I care. I responded in kind to people who attempted to make any semblance of an argument to what I've said, no matter if it's good or bad. I reward great arguments, or humility, they are traits I respect. If you read back into each post however, there is usually a small sentence tied to giving more information or expanding the criteria to the question at hand. At this point I feel like I'm talking to someone who is truly below me, and has completely misunderstood my actions as "narcissism and fragile ego". Now you're high on the reward I gave you for your original post. One good argument (reduced to nothing as you proved to be wrong thereafter).

The benefit is to weed out the weak and unintelligent, selectively giving information to those who can read between the lines. Every word has the ability to penetrate and disillusion an individual who is perhaps a con-man or manipulative normalfag. The more you post, the more I see a bunch of boring social aggressions, i.e conformity tactics 101 from the analysis the CIA did on mass participation and peer pressure. That's why you're a socialite. It disappoints me that you chose to think I am only giving positivity to those who praise me - you specifically said I had no skills, and couldn't commit execution. Two slights, yet I allowed your assumptions based on the fact you were right about other attributes. I liked another poster for being open minded, so I gave him a screenshot of my work, to reaffirm my beliefs to any lurker who is open to the hypothetical. You two are the only ones I've been respectful towards, if briefly.

And now that I've given the game away due to your sub <130IQ, there's not much that I can do but hope that the high INT lurkers present have understood the layout precisely.

>> No.791769

>>791767
>conformity tactics 101 from the analysis the CIA did on mass participation and peer pressure.
Mind telling me where I can read more about this?

>> No.791771

>>789297
Use megascans

>> No.791784

>>791767
Is 136 childhood score enough to make it?

>> No.791816

>>791767
you dont have a great a deal of self awareness
please stop jerking yourself off

>> No.791852

>>791767
I think I figured out what you are tlking about. Is there a way to message you through discord/steam or even email?

>> No.791975
File: 82 KB, 444x444, note.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

based riddle poster

>> No.791978

>>789297
Low poly is for people who lack talent.

If you can work fast, you can model highpoly, no excuses.

>> No.791982

op just do this

>> No.791986

>>791590
holy based

>> No.791987

>>791594
I have a friend who behaves like how youre talking and hes by far the dumbest of all my friends, in fact hes only my 'friend' because he doesnt understand that we dont want to hang out with him

>> No.791993

>>791987
>social peer pressure tactics
locked n cringe

>> No.792048

as soon as you see the duck that's when you know not to read the walls of text, stop feeding this faggot (you)s clearly if he was doing anything he wouldn't have this much time to write paragraphs explaining why he won't explain it.

>> No.792056

>>790542
Nice larping

>> No.792060

>>789571
This is just a ripoff of that Homura fangame

>> No.792067

>>792048
I'm not sure it's a larp. I feel like he may actually be like a autistic savant and figured something out. Can't say he'd be cool to be frens with though.

>> No.792070

>>792067
the only thing he's figured out is how to get replies

>> No.793193

>>789350
Prove it

>> No.793197

>>792067
"i know something but i won't tell you what" is how little kids get attention at a playground. he's narcissistic not autistic.

>> No.793205

It depends™
When producing films sculpting assets is more valid as the beginning and end of the project is just asset creation and studios have way more resources and even beyond nonconsumer retopology solutions, they also have dedicated retopology goons. Good art direction can redeem a low poly model.
Unless you're literally a professional, or making a bust, don't do sculpting. It's way more trouble than it's worth for dynamic asset creation.

>> No.793213

>>791137
>the weapon was made in two days, lowpoly and all
Nigger you just retopologized a CAD, and that's at the very least a midpoly model. Don't get Too proud about it.

>> No.793226

>>793213
Don't be jealous sir. This is a Wendys not a drag queen stage.

>> No.793276

>>793213
I recognize your posts - you're not intelligent and you tend to make baseless lies in an attempt to characterize me as unable. It's quite boring responding to you, but since you completely missed the mark I feel I need to put you in your place:

The highpoly was made in the span of twelve hours. It was created from a cube that was turned into a base, which turned into the lowpoly after the high was completed. Four hours more and the final touches are made to correct the lowpoly silhouette, with the final tri count sitting at <30k. The next day I corrected the vertex normals, uved the mesh, baked the maps in Substance, rigged a basic weapon kit, and created a primitive custom roughness and metalness highlight for the material to use with the lighting. The total hours worked were <22, the total days were two. I would know, I keep a record in a notepad. The texture was completed on a separate day, totaling three days for an entire AAA weapon you would see in any game on the market today. Animations need to be made now, but like I said everything's irrelevant until my character is perfect.

Your entire post and post history is based on a butthurt that is likely due to me shitting on you in a previous thread. I get that you are upset with me and think the gun couldn't have taken me that short amount of time, but I watched Tor Frick extensively in admiration. The implementation of hot keys shaves off hours of time on each asset. Knowing how to do everything in an efficient manner shaves off the man hours needed to perfect the pipeline, and trying to find new ways to be more efficient continues these trends. For the record, since you make up complete horse shit, I don't download other peoples work - it's pretty much beneath me. Yes, I am better than you. Yes, I am more efficient than you. Obviously I am not the fastest, nor ever intend to be the fastest. But a time of three days natural is very good, and I don't really find your idiocy amusing.

>> No.793279

>>793276
>The highpoly was made in the span of twelve hours. It was created from a cube that was turned into a base, which turned into the lowpoly after the high was completed. Four hours more and the final touches are made to correct the lowpoly silhouette, with the final tri count sitting at <30k. The next day I corrected the vertex normals, uved the mesh, baked the maps in Substance, rigged a basic weapon kit, and created a primitive custom roughness and metalness highlight for the material to use with the lighting. The total hours worked were <22, the total days were two. I would know, I keep a record in a notepad. The texture was completed on a separate day, totaling three days for an entire AAA weapon you would see in any game on the market today. Animations need to be made now, but like I said everything's irrelevant until my character is perfect.
Is this a joke? I thought you said you were faster with "your" method.

>> No.793282

>>793279
Are you a joke? Obviously the pipeline I am describing is a traditional workflow intended to be optimized as best as personally achievable. If you had reading comprehension above 101IQ you would have understood this, but you made a tiny brain post once again, showing me you're untrainable. You should go back into your cage.

>> No.793283

>>793282
Just like make game bro. Stop fagging around by wasting 3 days per asset, you're NGMI with your shitty game. I bet you don't even have fun mechanics in there.

>> No.793284

>>793283
Just like don't be upset you keep getting shit on with your braindead, retard "logic" - keep quiet instead. If you ctrl-z yourself then the final scene would render a lot faster from less computation errors and output better results. Sorry you got hammered on the head but you are stupid in every thread, it had to be done. And for the record, I know I will have awesome gameplay mechanics and an addictive loop. :)

>> No.793292

>>793284
>And for the record, I know I will have awesome gameplay mechanics and an addictive loop. :)
I doubt it. You clearly prefer shitposting lengthy essays on /3/.

>> No.793295

>>793292
At 138 wpm average it's easy to write "essays" in tiny amounts of time. Not that it's a fast speed for typing but you're incredibly dim so it's impossible for you. Considering I spend 10-12 hours a day enjoying and creating 3D due to my superiority, I suggest you worry about yourself and your own progress, instead of pretending your opinion matters - it does not. Have a good night, retard.

>> No.793314

>>793295
>138wpm
>not fast
it's literally 99.9th percentile you absolutely pretentious keyboard warrior
t. 140 wpm

>> No.793326

>>793314
I knew people who had ~150 in Uni. I guess when you only compare yourself to the best it's always not good enough.

>> No.793334

>>793276
>I recognize your posts - you're not intelligent and you tend to make baseless lies in an attempt to characterize me as unable
That's my first reply to this thread lmao

>the rest of the schizobabble
As if I anyone is going to give a shit how fast you circled a literal premade model and baked your maps from it. Of course you used the widely available blueprints/CADs/WoG model rip or whatever, it's a fucking AK.
If you didn't, you're an even bigger retard than you currently seem.

Come back when you've modeled something a little more obscure than one the most popular rifles in the world.
Though that would actually require a skill in modelling from photos accurately which I doubt you have, but which is crucial to gamedev because the blueprints needed are rarely available.

For now you're just niggerfaggot spending time verbally stroking own ego instead of improving skills. A sign of a poser.

>> No.793338

>>793334
Doesn't matter if it's your first post in the thread (a lie heh), I recognize you from other threads, which is what I was talking about to begin with. You're a recognizable retard from various topics and you have a hateboner for me. I don't care to hear your blatant lying, it's pointless to argue with you about that. So I'll ignore any desperation you post involving your post participation. It is trivial.

You obviously "give a shit" if you pretend I didn't model the gun from scratch. I corrected you and put you in your place, like I put a dog on a leash or smack him on the head when he tries to take my steak. He won't do it again, but he knows you love him. Though someone as stupid as you - it's not guaranteed. The point of explaining the process is that there is no such thing for me as downloading a CAD model. I don't even have CAD programs installed, much less copy them into meshes. It's made entirely from reference and from scratch, but I can see how a retard like you thinks it's impossible/stupid to do. Let me guess - you have no clue on why you would do this with an AAA asset? Let me school you. The reason you model everything yourself is to have complete ownership titled under an LLC/S-Corp. By having the actual Highpoly model files you can prove that you own the asset, authored it, and are entitled to it and the rewards that come with it. This seems to have gone over your head, but since you're an idiot, I guess that isn't saying much. Heh.

Also, I create original concept guns in my spare time, from scratch, usually in three to four days. It's a pleasure to block out and bring something to life, completely your own. But since the game I am making is using a modern aesthetic, i.e requires modern guns, I don't think it would make sense to have my Sci-Fi/Cyberpunk assets in the prototype. Somehow this too, does not seem to register with you. It's likely due to a defaulted computing error in your AI. I'm already AAA, you're inferior to me, heh.

>> No.793340

>>793334
Dude are you a fuckin idiot? The guy clearly has competence and is explaining to you some really good information but you are just ignoring everything he says because...? Check on art station and people model their guns from nothing all the time. You are embarrassing yourself man.
>>793338
Hey I posted earlier in the thread and was mean to youbut after reading the whole thread it’s apparent 3 is filled with dumbasses. What specifically is your iq and why do you think you can make a game by yourself? You would need to do the work of at least 20 good artists, a programmer, sounds, art direction, rigging animation. It’s a huge work load and I don’t see how any of that is attainable if you are going for the quality of your gun you posted. It would take 10 or fifteen years at that rate. I’m not being an asshole like the other guy he is a dumbass but it doesn’t seem logical to me that you are going to complete your game.

>> No.793341

>>793338
>I recognize you from other threads, which is what I was talking about to begin with. You're a recognizable retard from various topics and you have a hateboner for me.
Actual schizo

>The reason you model everything yourself is to have complete ownership titled under an LLC/S-Corp. By having the actual Highpoly model files you can prove that you own the asset, authored it, and are entitled to it and the rewards that come with it.
Actual retard. Obviously using ripped models without modifying them will get you in trouble. But not extracting the precise measurements of main mehcanical components from blueprints used for actual weapon manufacturing(or models based on them like in WoG) for your own work("retopology") is a straight up retard move.

> I create original concept guns in my spare time, from scratch, usually in three to four days.
>Sci-Fi/Cyberpunk
I bet you create beatiful decalmachine weapons my friend. I'll try my best to stay out of their AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY hatches and don't touch the WARNING! DANGER parts if you do decide to show them in this thread.

>>793340
>Check on art station and people model their guns from nothing all the time. You are embarrassing yourself man.
Yeah and it always shows. Jesus, it's like a fucking cult of inaccuracy and dysfunctionality in here.

>> No.793343

>>793341
BTW the reason I'm talking about using CADs is cause this guy said he made his gun with "most of its innards", at which point it makes absolutely no sense not to refer to some sort of blueprint.
I can only imagine how bungled the innards look with this type of modelling mindset.

>> No.793347

>>793341
>>793343
I know I made you mad, but you can just admit defeat and stop posting you know? I don't modify models either, using them in any way is beneath me, like I have said for the hundredth billion time. The fact that you keep saying to use someone elses works shows me that you're an incompetent, mediocre, huckster who wants to take shortcuts, and lives a selfish, greedy life. The very arguments you're making are only done by European retards who think it's their job to grift and steal/hack it. You're an idiot, and it shows in your shameless posts. Hack, haha. Also where did you get the idea that I don't use real measurements? Field spec manuals allow me to get all required measurements from each part and screw.

Since you don't believe that SciFi can look good and well done, as you're at this point a confirmed brainlet, I recommend you watch a few of Alex Senechals' design videos, where he goes over aesthetics and how to use correct proportions and symbol design. It's great for beginners who don't understand how to build a visual library - like you. At this point responding to you is pointless, so I'm just going to ignore you as you give nothing valuable to this discussion. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkYnoaSB5xw

>> No.793350

>>793340
I don't care if you're mean, I only require valid arguments or some open mindedness for you to be taken seriously. Very few people on here meet the threshold. As for my IQ it's almost touching 3SD above the average (100) if you're using modern Wechsler. But I would like to specify that you don't need an IQ above 140 to make a game. That needed IQ threshold is more around 130-135, which would enable you to create a 3D AA game in a solo development style. It would be harder, due to lower perceptual and processing, but I don't see it as a limitation if you keep your projects in scope. Is this why you asked?

I believe I can make a game myself due to my capability in learning things quickly. Most people in this industry tend to go a single skill tree, and that's it. Due to being able to pick hobbies or interests up in days it's easy to understand modeling, materials, lighting, animating, rigging, and of course, programming. I may not be the best at C++ but UE4 enables us to be able to get a prototype up and running ala BP. You can always go back to rebuilding the code later down the line, something that should be encouraged to not get hung up on hurdles that can be crossed at a later date. It's true I will need to make a lot of art, but without you guys even knowing the scope of the project, how can you judge me to whether I will fail or succeed? The game itself is relatively small in scope, though much bigger than a side project. I'm not here to compete with AAA, I'm here to secure a market that is currently untapped and is waiting for somebody to deliver. With that in mind it should be clear that being able to create AAA assets at exceptional finish speeds (three days for an Escape from Tarkov style weapon is good). Even if I have to go back and finish the last 5% of every single asset, the other 95% is completed. The point is to get the polish at the end stage, not hang up over tiny minutia that will jeopardize a good release time. I hope that helps you.

>> No.793352

>>793347
With that logic of yours, don't pretend like you're not stealing Mikhail Kalahsnikov's design. But you're doing so with no respect to the original design, skewing and shearing it, making it functionally inadequate. It's visible to anyone who knows anything about guns.
>huckster who wants to take shortcuts, and lives a selfish, greedy life
Nice job misconstruing my argument, I don't even model mainstream weapons with available blueprints because no one needs to see another boring AK gun. I model obscure weapons and I model them with respect.
Even without blueprints I make the forms are as accurate to the real geometry as possible, just from photos. I know it's hard to comprehend this possibility for you. What you have is a mindset of an Indian 3d monkey:
>hurrr IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE INACCURATTE AND SHITTY
As if you skipping the research on the subject you're working on and acting as a broken copier is somehow supposed to produce value lmao. If you're gonna copy, at least copy good.

>> No.793355

>>793350
How much QI points do I need to get a qt korean gf?

>> No.793356

>>793352
You have no reading comprehension lol. Again I never stated I don't follow accuracy, it's that I don't rip and hack models (Like (You)). It's pointless to reply to you though so I'll just laugh over my superiority instead. Hahaha. Hehe. Heh.

>> No.793358

>>793355
Bout tree fiddy (350). No really, I'm serious. Korean girls, Chinese and even Japanese can be deeply sociopathic. Everything has intrinsic value and as such they measure the most acute bullshit imaginable. In this way they can be worse than white girls, who are more romanticizing in their feelings. Korean girls will look at your asset worth or your social power and if you don't meet the snuff or lose the stuff, they plan your financial assassination and hop to the next branch. Just be careful. It's a dangerous world out there.

>> No.793359

>>793356
Hey man, didn't know field spec manuals contain full blueprints for each part, with fillet radii and everything. My bad.

>> No.793362

>>793350
I asked because I was interested if it was high. It makes sense you’re a huge douche, no offense. Every intelligent person always acts this way or at least when I interact with them. I assume it comes with the territory. I don’t really know if you’re going to be able to make all the art though. Even after your explanation it seems to big a task to be realistic. It takes me around a month, sometimes 2 to create a whole environment. And that’s just a stylistic one. If it’s aaa who knows how long that could take. Not to mention rigging is a bitch and ue4 doesn’t care if you are smart or not, stuff like anon blueprints is pure evil and stops dynamics from engine problems. That me you would have to animate entirely in your package of choice ( I assume maya?) and the result would be a more stiff look in engine. I’m not saying you are going to fail but I am quite skeptical. I wish you good luck though solo dev is hard.

>> No.793363

>>793358
Thanks for your suggestions and assorted bits of wisdom, but if what you say is indeed true then I am afraid I am doomed to never wed the qt korean gf of my dreams. Having recognized this insurmountable necessity of Fate, I will mobilize my energies towards a perhaps less unreachable goal: the blonde nordic goddess gf.

>> No.793364

>>793359
It's not just tech specs in manuals, it's all the available resources online. I am not saying that I make everything in eyeball fashion for my weapons, but I am saying that ripping and using others assets is not my forte. If you have that in your pipeline I'm sure it works for you, but I don't utilize the method. I use reference too, I already said that. If you were on fpsbanana (gamebanana) back when all the oldfags were they had a reference repository with a huge collection of gun pictures at every angle, many personally taken or sourced from second party owners. Not to mention that living in America has its perks, like an in-depth firearm culture where everyone around you is in love with their metal and as such resource and reference is easy. I love guns - it's not just about creating an asset but being passionate about the process. I hope that explains more.

>> No.793369

>>793350
What is your game about? Any gameplay video yet?

>> No.793371

>>793364
>I am saying that ripping and using others assets is not my forte
But you're already doing it by modelling something that's already been modelled, going down the broken telephone line.
The original parts already have clear mathematical definitions. IT IS THE PERFECT MODEL, IT'S ALREADY DONE. You're already using this design, there is no reason to warp and skew it unless you're trying to make your own functionally plausible derivative, like the guns in MGSV.
Now, if that model is not available, then you have to make something as close to it as possible, using any means available, like calibrated photos and orthographic drawings.

With this mindset you'll always end up with highest quality, accurate AAA tier geo. And yeah, AAA companies do use CAD data for their models nowadays, by the way.
I get that it's the way you're used to do things, and you may even be a boomer hard pressed to change ways.
But at the very least you have to accept that your argument is based entirely around your own weird sense of morality and nothing more, overshadowing even those principles of efficiency and speed you've spent so much time talking about here.

>> No.793380

>>793371
It's not the same, and it will never be the same, since 3D is just a stylization of reality, an abstraction of it. It isn't to say that it wouldn't be quicker, it would. But like you say, I have some kind of " weird morality". The gun you are talking about has a plethora of variations and children that have branched off from its receiver. CAD models to begin with would need to be legally gathered, and since I don't care to spend money for something I can replicate precisely, it adds a level of authenticity to who I am and what kind of developer I intend to be. Duplicity is not acceptable. Two fold, the levels of perception that are required to show integrity is exponential, it extends beyond what we do in the now, and creates ripples far into the future. By being able to truthfully state that I am a solo independent developer who created everything (mostly*) by myself, then it entitles me to the credit where you are likely to recognize, exists in todays consumers and other developers alike. The threshold of exceptional ability and the care put into the craft is what separates those who are in it purely for money, and those that see that money is just a tool of power, which enables us to pursue this "art" further. I do not intend to stop at a single game. I believe that if I enact a specific life-path of choices that show resolve and independence, it grooms me to take hold of a more malleable future. A single successful game built on deep authoritative respect for the process builds legends. If your goal is to be influential and "powerful", like talked about above in much earlier posts, then it is to be assumed you are worthy of those positions to begin with. Your new context argument isn't bad, it just isn't acceptable for me. I believe that for the cost of "time" (which is just power anyway), is a good tradeoff for the financial success (power) that can be gained from this type of mentality. It isn't the same.

>> No.793386

>>793362
No offense taken. Intelligent people can be pleasant as well, they are the same as anyone else in this regard. But I think you're right, the pretentiousness always seeps through eventually. I don't mask it, leading to a bluntness and obnoxious attitude. It's just who I am on 4chan. This is basically my social life.

It's understandable you don't believe it to be realistic. Even if I do complete a full game and release it, how could I know if it will be financially successful? I wouldn't, I don't, and I merely believe in what I feel is correct. The basis for my arguments is measured in how fast I am able to create assets, code/logic, and environments. I've keep records in my notepad for each day, and I do speed tests to see how bad or good I am compared to other artists. It's not that I am one of the best, I'm not. It's the fact that we must measure ourselves to the best, and if we fall short, it must be corrected. As for rigging I don't really understand what you mean. Jiggle dynamics are easy to recreate, as well as IK (hands/feet). If you mean something like motion matching, no, I don't think I would be able to recreate that in C++. But once successful, implementation of those kind of systems would be mandatory, to further the gap from the mediocre, to the exceptional. I am not worried about animation, I have a corrective joint setup implemented and it cuts out much of the work load. Body morphs are minimal as with corrective joints, there is no need for such tedious workflow. Maybe blending both together, sure, that's awesome. But I don't need them right now to get 95% of the way there.

Thanks for wishing me luck though, I wish you the same.

>> No.793390

>>793369
If I told you that it would open the market I am pursuing to potential, capable developers - they do in fact lurk here. Sometimes they even post. Instead I am just going to let you know that there are tons of untapped demographics right now - if you are capable of 3D games. 2D is oversaturated with a bunch of crap and exceptional products, but 3D - most people are still mediocre or only have a few skillsets, which is not enough to make full games. Things are changing however with the Chinese and Korean/Japanese developers switching to Western design influences. By 2025-2030 we could see these untapped markets being drained by dozens of foreign developers who don't care about cutting corners, who don't care if what they make is soulless - all they care about is profit. I can't necessarily blame them, but I want to be able to gatekeep them as much as possible in the future, and the only way to do that is to actually make games that sell. Right now you have a huge window of opportunity to cook up millions of dollars to secure your financial security. Hundreds of millions if you know what is missing right now at this very moment. if you keep track of all the small insignificant developers posting on YT/Twitter/Telegram/Discord, you can build a network of competitors you need to beat. Consider it a full scale war, and you're operating in a guerilla fashion. I don't know if that makes sense. And I'm not saying I'm going to be a billionaire or even a millionaire. I only believe that this success is possible for independent developers, which blows past any patreon style wealth you see now. But financial security? No mortgage? Straight cash suburban house/lifestyle on my own? Owning one basic motel or a quad/duplex? It is entirely achievable. I don't know if you were asking to learn what I'm pursuing, but if you were, this is the gist of the answer.

>> No.793392

>>793380
>I don't care to spend money for something I can replicate precisely
Except you can't. Just from taking a quick glance it's apparent that there are many issues like the dust cover axis being way too low, retainer button way too thin, lower handguard line way too wacky, rear sight circlular part skewed, bolt carrier chamfer too long, etc.
Not that normies would even care or noticce, or not that it's a bad model, may even seem impressive to a nogun/non3dartist. But its not AAA quality as you claim. Not 2020 era AAA anyway.

>> No.793395
File: 38 KB, 584x384, fallout-3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>789297
I too would like to make 3D indie shit. I'm unironically looking at Bethesda games for inspiration when it comes to assets. Bethesda cuts corners wherever they can and yet they come up with enjoyable games, even on a visual standpoint. Call me a nostalgiafag but Fallout 3 really didn't look that bad to me, that is despite the fact that if you look at individual models up close you see just how basic they are. I dare you take a look at forks or cups or plates, tin cans, food packages etc., someone with an artistic eye would notice but other than those people you could hypothetically get away with that same level of quality. It's all in the textures I tell you, they do all the heavy lifting

>> No.793398

Art direction nigga, coherence in asset design, nail that shit and you'll rake in millions

>> No.793401

>>793390
So no gameplay, then. Got it.

>> No.793402

>>793395
big brain approach
i rarely meet people in 3d community who able to recognize and appreciate hardcore corner cutting

>> No.793404

>>793392
What wasn't said is that this pipeline process allows the artist to build visual efficiency and independence. If modern realism is all you are going to do, then effectively you just need to be a printer, using pinpoint measurements for accuracy. That is what we call - a wageslave. The issue you have with the gun is its authenticity, not its fidelity. It's rather a moot point, as for me, authenticity is not the most primary concern right now, just that I have the skillsets met to achieve that precision if I so choose. That's the point. It's an option for me, whereas for many people, it isn't. That is what I am defending. Not whether or not the gun is accurate to its real life counterpart. You may have misinterpreted my arguments. Even further though, the game I am making as stated above repeatedly, is using a stylized aesthetic, and thus these imperfections of "accuracy" you are pointing out are trivial, as there is not much call for it right now. The fidelity is AAA, and to me, this is the crux of the argument (for me). It's about the skill level, not the actual asset. If I were making a game like Squad, Insurgency, or Arma, I would be more agreeing to your arguments. But I'm not, nor do I see it as something worth pursuing right now when Squad holds a figurative monopoly over MilSims. To me again, you're just making an argument over design choice, not my skill level, which means this is a fruitless discussion, as I don't mind if you have critique over my AKS74u inaccuracies.

>> No.793406

>>793401
I have mechanics and basic AI, if that's what you wanted to know. The game will use projectiles and similarity to Squad weapon mechanics, but fulfill the untainted market. Is that better?

>> No.793408

>>793395
When you mention Fallout 3, has anybody played a recent Mafia 1 remake? One thing I noticed and found very interesting is that it seems that most of the environment assets were made only in low poly. I don't see any kind of baked high poly detail or smooth bevels, it just looks like a straight up simple low poly with a nice texture on top. If that is true, then I have to say it's an interesting technique and it didn't bother me at all. And I look at that stuff constantly as a 3D artist, normies probably wouldn't notice it at all. That stuff can surely save a bunch of time.

>> No.793411

>>793406
Wow, you already have mechanics, AI and projectiles? Good job, man. Any video you can share? At least something basic to get a general feel for it.

>> No.793414

>>793411
There's no networking. I can see the sarcasm dripping off your posts, but for now, no - no gameplay video. Effectively posting anything substantial that could be used to identify me isn't wanted right now. Later, when I'm rich and famous and totally awesome, you can ask me about my progress in a bigger sarcastic silliness. :)

>> No.793419

>>793414
Okay, man. Good luck with your prototype with no gameplay! :)

>> No.793420

>>793419
Thanks man. (:

>> No.793422
File: 259 KB, 1920x1080, renderdock-team-sig6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>793404
>these imperfections of "accuracy" you are pointing out are trivial, as there is not much call for it right now. The fidelity is AAA.
I don't think you fully understand the words you're typing. Fidelity IS accuracy to real world, literally. And you're right, it is a defining feature of an AAA title, that's why most of them lean so heavilty towards realism.
The staple of having shiny beveled models (which you most likely meant by fidelity), has lost its exclusivity from AAA a long time ago, not with shit like picrel setting the benchmark for small indie teams.

>> No.793426

>>793422
You're missing the point repeatedly, and it's tiring to try and explain this to you in multiple ways .The Fidelity of an AAA aesthetic is NOT tied to accuracy if the game itself is stylized. At this point you're reaching in desperation, and since you keep trying to pretend accuracy is now the threshold for AAA, surely then it would depend on the type of genre and aesthetic the game itself is shooting for? Yes? Okay. Now that that's cleared up, and that you have no actual arguments in terms of denying my skill level, as you seem to think I am denying the use of blueprints and tech specs (when I was denying the practice of downloading other peoples work), I don't mind if you post about my guns having inaccuracies, just that you understand you are making arguments that don't land. You don't really understand the point of this workflow philosophy, as it focuses on building yourself for the future - it's to be able to have a competence in creating fictional worlds, fictional ideas, fictional assets. Conceptual designs are made with real world function in mind, and since I have the skills needed to replicate what you are clinging to as an argument, it is entirely irrelevant and at this point you are going in circles.

I am working on a stylized game, your arguments are invalid. Like I said above, focusing on the minute details in the beginning, when the bigger picture must be forged, it's a sign that you are just trying to win an argument - not have a productive one.

>> No.793430
File: 5 KB, 439x111, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>793426
You're a fucking retard and you're still confusing the word fidelity with detalization or something even after I pointed it out. 130 IQ in action.

>The Fidelity of an AAA aesthetic is NOT tied to accuracy if the game itself is stylized
IT IS, you fucking dummy. The more stylized a game is, the less fidelity it has. by the very definition of the word. Tell me with a straight face that BOTW is high fidelity. Learn your own language.

>I am working on a stylized game, your arguments are invalid
Not in terms of geometry you're not, your stylization is happening at texture/shader stage, not geometry. Your weapon geometry is obviously supposed to be realistic. And your retort is obviously a cope for not being able to achieve more than shitty, inaccurate models in that field.

You're overestimating the value pure modelling skills have to an AAA title, especially with the quality of what you posted. A pajeet can make a comparable model for like 60 bucks. Why do you think the market is so dampened?

>> No.793431

>>793430
The reason you are making poor arguments (You still are) is that you are focusing on the letter of the law, and not the spirit. You are by definition unable to comprehend what I'm explaining because it isn't allowable in your world view. Your arguments are focusing entirely on semantics, and I don't care to participate in that nonsense with you. It's an argument style I find in people who aren't above 140IQ, it's consistent with an inability to understand deeper abstraction. Please - Stop making semantics arguments, it's embarrassing.

Actually, you're completely wrong that the gun isn't stylized at the geometric level. Take a look again and compare the bevels of the asset to those of its real life counterpart. It was specifically made with stylization in mind - Like I pointed out multiple times, throughout the thread, reiterating, at multiple levels, due to your inability to recognize this fact. It's sort of baffling. Take a look again at how it's been modeled. It is completely stylized. Stop - don't pretend you know what you're talking about: Scroll back up and look at how the models shapes and curves are formed. Pause. Now understand: It's stylized. Wow. That was hard, eh?

I am not overestimating anything. Why do you think I chose to make a stylized game in the first place? Because it's an attainable goal, with freeing financial rewards upon success. If I meet the goal of a million copies sold, I will be pursuing a realistic game afterwards. At that point, I will in fact agree with you that it would be necessary to utilize specifications, as authenticity would in fact matter.

One more time. Stop. Scroll up. Revisit the image. See the difference in purposeful shape softening for each area of the gun? That's called stylization. Hell, even the edges are more relaxed. If you can't see that then it's obvious who I'm talking too: <130IQ. That's the problem when communicating to those who aren't within a 1SD range.

>> No.793443

>>793431
Very cool postmodernist shitpost. No, I'm not going to fucking feel you my nigga, I'm not going to read your mind, and I'm not going to find deep meanings in your microcephalic misuse of words in a very concrete, to the point conversation.
Shame that I've already managed to receive your "deeper" message even through an appalling retardation wall 2 posts ago, addressing the pretentious babble you wrote just now.
And yeah nice style bro. The "slightly enlarged bevel" artstyle? Yeah, I fucking love that one lmao, that's my favourite after anime.

>> No.793448

>>793443
Using big words doesn't make you smart, nor misinterpreting my message as some "post modernist" drivel allow you to hide from execution. Everything I am explaining to you revolves around the acquisition of "power" in real world action in some way, even if subtle. For example, financial success, something we all want to achieve. Surely? I will explain one last concept to you, but only one, because 4.26 just finished compiling (finally). It's the only reason I decided to converse with you in the first place. You weren't making great arguments to begin with. I'm sure you've seen how many people I ignored throughout the thread?

The stylization in the gun is subtle. You're right, but miss the point because you do not have an IQ above 140 (Heh). I am following the 90/10 rule, an adaptation of the 80/20 rule I created to hypothesis on how to make unique stylization. Since you love to make semantics arguments, lets just say there isn't much of a difference to either, at least since your comprehension is unable to see it. But it is being used, and it's because the stylized looks we see in todays market do not really try to use the 90/10 rule, much less set themselves apart from one another. Everything is become blobby and disproportionate, consumers love it anyway. Yet a blend of unattainable fiction is instantly familiar and warm to the minds eye. In this way we can implement a total originality to our works, so that our products stand out, and people find us "impressive". It isn't to say that this is some mystical workflow - no. But blending reality and our abstract interpretations of it will allow us to create larger market share based on visuals alone. It is that important. The aesthetics of a game relegate it to failure or success. You think I made a design error in trying to replicate reality - I'm really trying to find a solution to the uncanny valley, a total sweet spot unattained by the masses of developers hoping for a break through.

Peace, retard.

>> No.793450

And so ends the saga of dumbass and duck dumbass.

>> No.793451

>>793448
>AAA expert writes another essay about how placing a dust cover axis 2.5mm lower is a purposeful stylization trick that is "blending reality and our abstract interpretations"
Good luck with your original style, friend

>> No.793470

Woof the hostility in here is so tense I can still feel it hours later lol. Can’t you bois just get along?

>> No.793500

>>793448
Actual crazy person

>> No.793508

>>793448
>Everything I am explaining to you revolves around the acquisition of "power" in real world action in some way, even if subtle. For example, financial success, something we all want to achieve. Surely?
You berate that other anon for not being able to imagine things outside of his limited perspective and yet you can't imagine somebody living in a lifeworld different from that of a 21st century burger.

>> No.793512

>>793470
in the end, hostility does not matter. tempers cool. information exchange persists. all sides even if they never admit it and those who read them benefit. this is a lot better than another pointless software wars or 'how do I into patreonbux' if you ask me.

>> No.793993

can we get the autist b&? stupid troll single handedly fucked entire thread

>> No.793996

>>793448
>You're right, but miss the point because you do not have an IQ above 140 (Heh).
That heh is perfect, made me lol.

>> No.794651

>>789548
>predicting how the industry will go and blah blah
based. ANd I too have predicted many things in the industry. It feels good to be ahead of the curve. I have the next big thing for indie devs, but I wont share it either for I too want to be credited.
Well... I guess I'll share it if one of you anons gets DUBS to this post.

>> No.794701

>>789297
sculpting is more of a super experienced thing.

Personally hate it and am better at hard surface modeling. its more accurate and predicatble than "hmm i want a small indent here" and WOOPS there goes half your fucking retopology.

>> No.795448

>>789297
u dont. now make me my shitty mobile assets dweeb

>> No.795488

>>793431
No offense, but you sound like a fag and your shit's all retarded.

>> No.795494

>>789297
yeah, kinda. but not the extreme low poly with beautiful textures that some people do, it takes more time again. if you want to shit out assets fast, you need to go for the soulless flat-shaded medium-poly featured in the vast majority of 3D indie games.

>> No.795497

>>789297
heres a workflow for making assets in about an hour

https://youtu.be/pv3J5_HJABE

>> No.795508

>>795497
>heres a workflow for making assets in about an hour
haha more like ASSets amirite
Nah but seriously it doesn't look bad, but it is just a stick in a screaming face android app type style

>> No.795509

>>795508
thats the idea man, you can spend 8 hours on that same spear only to have made it perhaps only twice as good looking. If your trying to make money as an indie you cant really afford to do that.
Anyway once the screen is full off crappy assets like this its too hard for a consumer to tell its garbage rushed crap; see nearly any video game ever

>> No.795511

>>795509
Yeah I mean that's a perfectly viable style for indies, maybe even a step up from lowpoly textureless shit. But I do think a highly skilled person/small team could get away with making at least a semi-realistic stylization, albeit smaller in scale. I've SEEN it happen. Probably not an option for the average indieman though.

>> No.795590

>>795509
You're giving shit advice but you're a shit modeler, so I guess there is no difference in your life either. Carry on retard.

>> No.795639
File: 39 KB, 600x600, 0e9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>795590
stay mad blendlet

>> No.795858

>>795639
Blendies fear the smug pepe.

>> No.795859

>>795590
>but you're a shit modeler
how so?

>> No.795864

>>795859
He didn’t put fibermesh on the cloth he is unfit to give big boi advice

>> No.796751

>>789297

What kind of experience do you have with sculpting? If none, start with someblender tutorials and if you like it, move to zbrush. Otherwise lowpoly is probably what you'll have to settle for.

>> No.798227

>>795590
you are right, but you dont have a point to begin with. OP asked for that shit advice and you are whining for no reason

>> No.798878

>>793448
Good shit man. Would you be able to speak about this technique a bit more?

>> No.802105

AAA art slave here. im tired of this graphics pissing contest/art war we've been engaged in over the last decade. i just want to kick back and work on Roblox tier quality work for a change. who here can relate?

>> No.802153

Me too, brother... I hate being a human 3D prop factory. I want to focus on a bigger picture, not worry so much about roughness of a worn down sticker on the back of a washing machine. I wish I could create worlds for a living like Ian Hubert does, without worrying about perfect topology and optimization, just to tell stories. That's why I went into 3D in the first place.

I'm so sick of soulless super detailed AAA props and the fact such a huge manpower is needed to produce them these days.

>> No.802180
File: 3.77 MB, 512x384, phantasy star zero.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>802153
If I had the knowledge you have, I would be making worlds on my free time.

>> No.802198

sculpting is a meme yes

>> No.802204

to all the people who actually replied to OP thanks
to the others, fuck off

>> No.802218

>>791607
so as someone with >150iq and filling in the untapped markets the brainlets have ignored, you seriously need to be less fearful. ive seen many of my ideas end up on shelves in the past 5 years, i get annoyed initially, then go back to working on what i need to get done to protect my current works. you clearly treat your idea like a child in terms of fear of exposure and loss of possession, well kids have to grow up into functional adults. that means you have to spend more time preparing the idea instead of greater expectation and praise.

lrn 2 write NDAs, make the person you determine worthy of assisting you sign it.
https://www.rocketlawyer.com/article/nda-101:-what-is-a-non-disclosure-agreement.rl

lrn 2 Patent, if you only have $75 get a provisional one for a year. its not public so use that time to get some funding from your target audience or just license your "method" and charge based on income. if you have $400 get a full patent completed and be covered for 20 years.
http://patentrightsrestored.com/patent-process/

oh and some fear bait, you came up with one application for your idea, are you sure it doesnt currently exist in another market for a different application? ideas do not occur in a vacuum, you arent special or the only one working to make the idea real. if you havent protected it, no amount of narc-posting will prevent the inevitable.

>>791137
i actually do hope you succeed, you just need a good kick to push you into the unknown.

ive been in your position before and a trip down history will show your attitude in many different fields. less talking and more doing will answer any questions

>> No.802219

>>802218
I read up until ">150IQ" and a few words after. You're an idiot for even pretending like your larp matters on the internet. I could be pleasant and read your post, it's right in front of me in my peripheral vision. I am choosing not to specifically because you are larping, whether or not you are in fact larping (You are; confusing I know). Ignoring people who say they have 150IQ+ on the internet is a safe way to protect yourself from midwits and mediocre individuals. I have met many people with 145+ or higher in real life, and the correct routine is to have legitimate conversations in real life, with real and verified intelligence.

You - you are not verified, thus your opinion does not matter to me. I again can see your text but it is out of focus and blurry - quite unreadable. I'm currently smug if you want to know. I am choosing to completely ignore your content because you think posting that you have ">150IQ" on 4chan is legitimately a valid tactic. People claimed they had 140 IQ back in 2007. People claim now they have 150. People in the future will claim to have 160. And so on the wheel of lying continues. The prevalence of larpers is contingent on their ability to larp successfully. Without ever giving you the benefit of doubt I am able to completely take your ability away, removing any negative or positive outcome you could impose on me. All by simply ignoring your message.

Whether or not you truly do have a 150IQ+ on a valid test taken by a psychiatrist, I do not personally care. But the chances of this score are too miniscule on the internet, where anyone can post anything, without a tangible reference. For that reason it is just best to assume you're an idiot or a liar - an idiot liar! I will allow you to post a verified document showcasing your 150IQ+ score, from either the Wechsler or Stanford assessments. It must be timestamped IRL, it must include the current date.

We both "know" that will not happen. :)

>> No.802220

cont.

If you took the Weschler, you are allowed to have a 150+. If you took the Stanford, you unfortunately will need a 153. Stanford-Binet is not as hard inquiring, and as such 152-153 is the threshold for having a true 150, i.e Wechsler is our baseline. If your IQ score was on a child's assessment, well it's ironic - mine was near the same as what you say you have. Obviously it has dropped from that, but to say you have ">150" is a little trite, don't you think? You do not use childhood testing as it is an estimation of future potentials.

If your IQ is ">150" in adulthood, please refer to the above post on the requirements needed for me to read and argue against or for your original post. Have a pleasant day.

>> No.802222
File: 27 KB, 499x499, 1434250216895.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>802220
>>802219
I seriously hope this is pasta. If not, seek medical help.

>> No.802223

>>802222
It isn't pasta, it's not stale, it's fresh oc. Grats on the digits though, lil' buddy.

>> No.802263

>>802219
You claim to be intelligent, yet you misunderstood the other anon's mention of ">150 IQ".

>> No.802270

>>789548
You remind me exactly of the people who try to show off their car and don't let anyone look at the engine because it's so obvious that it's a piece of shit under the hood

>> No.802280
File: 335 KB, 1524x1100, 1606613236512.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>789548
I would sign an nda to know what it is and possibly make use of it through contract.

>> No.802283
File: 134 KB, 1024x870, 1603728961388m.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>794651
meh, i'll give it a single roll.

>> No.802284

>>802283
too bad
>>794651

>> No.802287
File: 582 KB, 500x704, Blood.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>794651
roll

>> No.802289
File: 483 KB, 941x1080, EpS8xxuXcAAcuAn.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Why yes, I WILL change the world with quad remesher.

>> No.802302
File: 28 KB, 720x391, photo5454207093092497321.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>794651
ROLL!!!

>> No.802329

>>789297
Most indie guys just fucking suck lol.
Just practice and you will get really fast and learn all the secret time saving techniques.

>> No.803110

You don't have infinite time so of course you have to cut corners somewhere