[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 39 KB, 332x202, Screenshot (159).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
783612 No.783612 [Reply] [Original]

I always seem to end up accidentally creating a bunch of duplicate edges/vertices in Blender

I don't know what I'm doing that causes these to appear, but it ends up being a huge pain in the ass to clean up later and I would like to avoid that if possible.

The "merge by distance" function helps sometimes but there are many that don't get caught by it.

I am pretty new to blender and have just been making models with the basic tools in the edit mode if that's helpful information

>> No.783613

When you extrude something wrong, you need to ctrl+z two times.
Dont know if that is your problem, but this happen with me a lot, maybe help someone.

>> No.783622

>>783613
that might help, thanks

>> No.783624

>>783622
you're just fucking up and missing it. And your normals might also be fucked too. Remember you can also change the merge by distance length.

>> No.783630

>>783624
oh didn't know I know I could change merge by distance length, that should help

>> No.783760

You can increase the distance to merge vertices, you can set vertices to automatically merge and set the threshold for merging.