[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 407 KB, 675x443, blender.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
745564 No.745564 [Reply] [Original]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiLAlqMNTCI

>> No.745567

>>745564
we get it, you like gayfaggots

>> No.745570

>>745564
This guy knows what he's doing. Gotta get those Blender fans to donate to his patreon; they love it when Autodesk fans cross over to Blender and "like it"

>> No.745876

>>745570
This

>> No.745894

>>745570
Wow. You opened my eyes to just how immediate a Blendfag will act upon being graced in the presence of a competent individual. It's really a sad state of affairs at Blender HQ.

>> No.745901
File: 9 KB, 390x88, blenderuser.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>745564
>already his most viewed and liked video for the last year, after coming out only a few days ago
hmm

>> No.745904

>>745564
People don't realize it yet, but if you're a Maya/3DS Max/Cinema4D veteran, you have a great opportunity to make some quick and easy money. Just make a youtube series of yourself trying out and learning Blender, post it on reddit, blenderartists and other communities, and you are guaranteed to get views.

>> No.745911

>>745901
Yes blender has more user base but most of them are hobbyist, I think that he is doing this because the Epic and Ubisoft move to work with blender and fund the program, I suppose that he has seen the oportunity to add another trainer course to his catalogue.

>> No.745913

>>745911
This guy used to work at DreamWorks, sweety.

>> No.745915

>>745913
I know, he said that was trainer there I think. What I'm saying is that he has seen a couple of big studios moving to blender and it coud be some demand of real trainers, like him.

>> No.745916
File: 266 KB, 442x476, Tacos.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>745913
I've seen also his Mexican wife, she cute CUTE

>> No.745977
File: 35 KB, 385x375, 1428033269583.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>745901
>clickbait gets clicks
It's just a shill video, which sirwade has a lot of. Zero educational value, even for someone who wants a "how maya skillset translates to blender" instructional video it's completely useless, because he just cuts to random shit with a blender spokesperson telling him how to do things on premade blender scenes. It's a shameless advertisement disguised as a "reaction video" and the clicks/likes are probably from being plastered all over blender forums/twitters.

Even the title says it all: Why is it "Maya Artist Tries Blender" instead of "Learning Blender As A Maya Artist"? The answer is because the latter would be a video about Blender for Maya artists, but what this is is a video about Blender for Blender artists. Why would a Blender artist want to watch a video about someone cluelessly fumbling around in their software like a newbie? Self-validation is just about the only reason. Even from a Blender user perspective it should be obvious this is just pandering.

>> No.745989

>>745977
it is content 4 youtube zoomers, you can do tutorials like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dAzk2oeQoA
or like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-J6IDphFs0
both are tutorials made by profesionals and both about the same thing, animation layers, but for some reason he is a showman too, that could be nice to watch as entertaiment and it is great for beginners, it hapens also with Andrew Price to me.

>> No.745990

>>745977
Are you a complete idiot? It's not intended to be educational. He's capitalizing on Blender fans having a strong interest in seeing industry professionals crossing over from paid software to Blender.

>> No.746002

>>745989
Something doesn't have to be unpleasant to be educational, having good production values is a good thing. The youtuber having a thick as fuck accent, or breathing and going "uhhh" into their shitty mic constantly, explaining to little, are all pretty common issues on youtube tutorials (and even a lot of pirated tutorials). Wade's content generally ranges between sellout zoomer cashins and well-produced tutorials derived from his educational background. The latter are above average and the former just need to be ignored.

The problem is that the people that know how to make good videos also know to target the lowest common denominator, so it's rare to get anything above beginner level from them.

>> No.746004

>>745990
>He's capitalizing on Blender fans having a strong interest in seeing industry professionals crossing over from paid software to Blender.
Ergo self-validation. Thanks for proving my point.