[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 413 KB, 1400x1273, 8i40tmkb6xs31.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
734366 No.734366 [Reply] [Original]

I was able to get a hold of 3ds max. so what is the best tutorials to follow and how realistic is it that I can eventual make interior design/architecture renders. I don't want a job in the field, just doing it for a hobby.

>> No.734385

>>734366
Download some evermotion archinterior scene and reverse engineer it.

>> No.734412

>>734366
Is the Art renderer still in the latest version ?
I found it quite good and you dont have to deal with cracking Vray

>> No.734413

>>734412
idk I got 3ds max 2018 for a good "deal"

>> No.734414

>>734366
You can self taught yourself archviz for sure, lot of the best are, but you can't really self teach yourself architecture easily.
There's a lot of boring stuff that goes along with it.

Reverse engineering people's scenes is a great way to learn too.

>> No.734473

>>734366
if you want to do Archviz rendering, go look up:
Johannes L – FStorm tutorials

>> No.734475
File: 36 KB, 600x600, duckduckpoo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I can't tell you what tutorials are the best, just that I'm self learned as well. I'd argue you need to dissect and interpret someone elses scenes to learn faster, which is what I did. Study and copy their scenes either on a 1:1 or create a homage to it. This way you not only get a feel for what you are doing wrong, you are also seeing if you can do it better than him each step of the way. Since lighting is the most important for a feel of the scene I would argue that you should create a single environment and then study the philosophy of rendering lighting, as that's what makes Arch Vis work so great. It will go like this in your learning process:
>scene creation
>material creation
>lighting
>perfecting lighting
>perfecting settings
All I can really give you but that is a pretty picture you posted and I love to look at pretty things.

>> No.734541

pluralsight tutorials have a ton of these

>> No.734636

>>734475
lighting art is so mysterious though
I never know how and where to start and what kind of workflow to have

>> No.734642

Lights on
Lamp on
Candles lit
Huge glass windows letting light in
More light emitting form the right
even more light coming from the doorway

wtf is going on here

>> No.734651

>>734636
I'll compartmentalize it for you, from beginning to end.
>vertex
>mesh
>scene
>materials
>lighting
>effects
If one component is nothing more than a level then lighting is no more mysterious than the vertex. Dissect someones Max file with Vray or the like, and you will soon come to find that lighting is more simple to get into, with an often longer time to master conceptually. If this was 2D I would give different advice, but it's 3D, an immediate realization of form and process, not the imitation of that process. Relax and go into it. If nothing else and you cannot find a scene to peer into, go to Youtube and follow any number of lighting tutorials for ArchVis you can. You can't fail this if you just do it.

>> No.734652

>>734651
thanks anon

>> No.734691

>>734651
>JUST DO IT