[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 68 KB, 1280x720, yuzu_emulator.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
725748 No.725748[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Does anyone give a shit about piracy anymore?

I've been constantly reporting one particular channel to YouTube, pretty much weekly but also reporting every video that's uploaded for containing illegal content. They're effectively showing people how to pirate switch games and play them on PC and as the emulator improves it will only become more popular.

This is the channel

https://youtu.be/PexYqLEEsKM

As you can see they have several videos not only advertising this fucking emulator, but also guides on how to set it up. Does Google not give a shit about this?

>> No.725756

Emulation itself isn't illegal in most places. So as long as they don't directly link to copyrighted code (games, dlc, bios files, etc.) there's very little reason for Youtube to care.

>> No.725758

>>725748
What does this have to do with 3DCG? Go away to vidya with this shit

>> No.725759

>>725748
Fuck off you pussy ass bitch narc

>> No.725761

>>725756
Because you're stealing. And all these moral pontification you pirates always do in these threads is just criminals trying to justify their actions, which is something all criminals do

>> No.725763

>>725748
snitches get stitches

>> No.725769
File: 312 KB, 648x615, 1572061055163.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>725748
dont care about nintendoshit

>> No.725770

>>725769
Then don't be surprised when all games are soulless shit. Hurting good companies like Nintendo hurts the industry.

Also I bet if Bloodborne was ported to the Switch you'd cry like a little baby

>> No.725771
File: 204 KB, 883x704, 1563355393408.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Then don't be surprised when all games are soulless shit.
>Hurting good companies like Nintendo hurts the industry.
you have to go back

>> No.725773

stop samefagging retard, you picked the wrong board

>> No.725781
File: 40 KB, 244x206, 1565224819832.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>stop samefagging retard, you picked the wrong board

>> No.725782

>>725748
>>725761
Thing to understand about piracy is that is often conducted by people who lack the economic means of paying for that content in the first place.

I pirated a lot of shit when I was a kid, as I got adult and could afford all the content I consume my piracy has drastically shrunk.
Now only reason I may pirate anything is out of convenience, as in if the media I'm after is difficult to obtain thru legal channels.

'Piracy is a crime' isn't an argument that works on people who pirate stuff, because not pirating what you can't afford
is a crime against yourself for missing out on experiences you could otherwise have.
Most software piracy is also concentrated to regions where people are frankly too poor to pay for any retail versions.

Also emulators are overall a very good thing anon, and the people who make those emulators are the same ones that ensure content will remain available.
The devices and operating systems used to play a lot of content don't remain forever and being able to emulate old hardware and software
means nothing is lost when the original hardware breaks and becomes scarce and inaccessible.

In the case of a living console like the nintendo switch it's ofc a bit different but also remember that this is a handheld device meant to be played anywhere
and the target group for this console are generally not the same as those who are able to spend time playing it's games thru a more stationary computer anyways.

I'm not trying to tell you piracy is entirely unproblematic, just that there are a lot more shades of gray to this activity than you might realize.

>> No.725783

>>725782
What the fuck is wrong with you. Shit like this hurts the industry, the industry you claim to like, and rather than side with someone who is trying to save the industry you just call me names. Yours a fake fan.

>> No.725787

>>725783
>Shit like this hurts the industry

Nope, software piracy is way down since the glory days around the 00's anon. And frankly 'the industry' was much healthier back then.
You need not worry about the woes of multi billion dollar media conglomerates anon.

Their hunt after indefinite growth ensures they'll rot from the inside as they grow no matter what any disloyal pirate fans will or will not do.

>> No.725789

>>725787
OP is probably a Nintendo fanboy and is mad because of that. See how he is just complaining about the Switch emulator and not about any other emulator for current(or last gen) consoles.

>> No.725790

>>725787
Business Software Alliance estimated that generalized software piracy costs the world $51 billion annually and half a million jobs.
https://www.bsa.org/

>> No.725791

>>725789
Because you can't emulate the xbox x or ps4
almost as if all the emulators and pirates are trying to ruin Nintendo. Really makes you think huh

>> No.725794

>>725791
Emulation is typically very costly as you run a virtual simulation of the hardware on your machine.

Emulating a powerful consoles like the PS4 on a current day home computer would not be very useful since we don't have enough powerful hardware to successfully do so.

Thing to realize tho is that if you own a computer powerful enough to virtulize a Nintendo Switch you're probably a gamer enthusiast.
If you are a member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race you are likly gonna be playing Master Race titles on your powerful PC.
Not console peasent titles, and if you're somehow still interested in those you prob already own the real thing anyways.

>>725790
The way such organizations count to arrive at those numbers is fraudulent in the extreme.
Often times they just look at every download and convert that number into lost revenue.
Problem is that currency doesn't actually exist.

If a Mexican kid with an annual income of less than $1000 pirate movies, games and software worth $10000 that is not any lost revenue.

>> No.725796

>>725794
This; I would swiftly navigate to alternative content, if I found out one day that the content I like doesn't live up to my piracy standards.
At least, this way you get exposure, promotion, etcetera.
I've boycotted many times before, and I'll do it again. And, even if I don't represent the majority, I'm certain pirates don't either.
I don't pirate as much as I used to, because in my adult life I can't afford to turn my computer into a potential botnet; but I'll gladly switch from Photoshop to Krita for my personal use, and Adobe can fuck right off.