[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 568 KB, 656x692, dfdf.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
725719 No.725719 [Reply] [Original]

Can someone please explain exactly how this person made this video?

https://twitter.com/chanbanhi/status/1183872063762784261

I'm not sure how they are able to get the different angles which shows it isn't just a single minecraft image on premier in the background. How do they give the minecraft level depth to match the angle of the camera for the hamster? What process/programs did they use to make this meme?

>> No.725723

In another thread someone mentioned this was filmed with well lit green stairs to make a green screen effect which would explain the hamsters shadow, but they were not sure how or with which program they used to make this. Another person suggested they didn't use a green screen and instead used after effects with 3d camera tracking, but didn't leave a detailed explanation how they made this video. If anyone knows what programs/steps they used to make this meme, please explain

>> No.725724 [DELETED] 

>>725719
The sensible way is to film it on a green screen stage. Knowing that people, this is probably isolated from some other, existing footage. Tedious roto'ing by hand.

>> No.725725

>>725719
Setting up a small green screen on a staircase, isolating the subject. Film whatever you intent to film. Then do 3d tracking on the footage to get the camera movement. Export into 3D software of your choice. Rebuild your staircase/background. Texture it with the appropriate textures from MC. Match the lighting to look like it does in the game. Render to sequence. Don't forget to grab the smoke sprites from game and do an element/pass for the particles. The rest is a job for whatever composition tool you use. Easy peasy, but I don't see the point. Is this what zoomers consider entertainment?

>> No.725726

>>725725
PS: if you're retarded and don't value your time, isolate the subject from some other existing footage.

>> No.725727

>>725725

Just trying to understand the concept for future projects. So do they do compositing and camera tracking in blender to achieve the effect?

>> No.725735

>>725727
No idea, never used blender. I use Mocha and PFTrack for tracking(depending on shot/situation) and Fusion for compositing.

>> No.725848

>>725727
I doubt they used blender. After affects, C4D and other special effects programs can manage their own 3D models.

>> No.727786

>>725719
Ever Heard of green screen?

>> No.727950

This shit is like basic camera tracking and green composite screen.

Can be done on any shit, After effects, blender, maya, anything.

It's just green screen staircase then composited on a 3D scene, some camera tracking pass, then a 3D spark animation.