Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2017/01/28: An issue regarding the front page of /jp/ has been fixed. Also, thanks to all who contacted us about sponsorship.

/3/ - 3DCG


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 2.23 MB, 1500x882, 7-190307.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670679 No.670679 [Reply] [Original]

still not the questions thread edition

previous: >>668808

Reminder!
This thread is for comments & critique on whatever project you’re working on / have completed.

THIS IS NOT THE THREAD TO ASK FOR HELP. If you need any assistance in your work, visit: >>>/3/questions/

List of free resources (textures, assets, etc.): https://pastebin.com/vU7P8Vmi
If you’d like to add more links, post them here: >>637415

>> No.670681
File: 93 KB, 908x799, BST2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670681

First, my character looks like those psx cinematics from the 90's

>> No.670692
File: 83 KB, 1000x1250, Robot WIP 10.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670692

Chibi robot is rigged now.

>> No.670693
File: 87 KB, 1000x1250, Robot WIP 11.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670693

>>670692

The eyes are a matrix of LEDs behind the lens so I can control the entire eye expressions with a simple 8x8 pixel PNG.

>> No.670695

>>670693
okay

>> No.670698

>>670692
i have to ask, why does it have nipples and a bulge?

>> No.670700
File: 6 KB, 347x52, img-2019-03-07-061546.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670700

tfw this is just a test

>> No.670720

>>670693
I think the eye rims need a bit more subdivision.

Though, as the other Anon asks, why the nipples and bulge?

>> No.670725

>>670700
If thats 13 mins per frame. that's decent, animations take time. Animation im working on now took 6 hours per frame at 1080.

>> No.670733

>>670700
>>670725
>eevee doesn't have this problem

>> No.670736

>>670733
no one cares

>> No.670737

>>670733
Neither does Unity nor Unreal. Your point being?

>> No.670741

>>670733
eevee is not an option if you need a certain level of quality.

>> No.670746

>>670698
>>670720
Yeah I remembered right after I rendered that Iray doesn't default to highest subdivisions when rendering.

Also... volume controls and a sensor dome. Duh!

>> No.670753

>>670746
I think it would look better without them. I also think you will be able to show it to people without them thinking you're a weirdo.

>> No.670756

>>670733
Yes it does.
It might not take that long to "render", but you can bet your ass if you have a scene with any degree of complexity, it'll take its sweet time building bvh, syncing objects, and any number of bullshit required before it decides to take 0.5s drawing the screen. Even if the scene is completely static.
Honestly, most of my time is spent waiting on that bullshit rather than actually rendering. Even with optimization.

>> No.670757
File: 386 KB, 1920x1160, 1548660991671.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670757

so i recently imported an sfm model and am now trying to rig it with IKs but im not sure if its because they technically arent connected but when i try to move my ik, the elbow refuses to bend
should i be connecting these bones and will the exported model's built in rigging and weight paints explode if i do so?

>> No.670758

>>670757
nvm i figured it out, i should have added the constraint to the "wrist"

>> No.670759

>>670758
ok now i got a problem trying to add a copy rotation constraint to the wrist
but following this tutorial points out another problem with these tiny tiny bones in balls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ_ocmY8xEI
in which there isnt really a "hand" bone
this rig's entire "forearm" bone is in the wrist, and its entire "upper arm" bone is in the elbow and so on

>> No.670760

>>670757
>>670758
>>670759
Fucking christ, I can edit the OP text as many times as is needed and people will still post in the wrong threads.
>>669725
>>669725
>>669725
Go here.

>> No.670773
File: 1.18 MB, 960x540, Lost Footage of Trayvon Martin.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670773

My work in progress

>> No.670777

>>670679

If you render flowing water from the sewer then this would look pretty sick. My recommendation is to use softbody c4d renders instead of jiggle bones because its WAY more versatile.

>> No.670779

>>670753

And that's why morphs were invented, you get what you want and I get what I want.

>> No.670785

>>670756
>most of my time is spent waiting on that bullshit
What engine are you using?

>> No.670790

>>670785
Eevee, Cycles.
It's independent of renderer. It has to do with getting the geometry and stuff set up before any drawing of the scene actually begins.
That's my real bottleneck. I don't know if it's a problem on my end with my machine or what. I've got pretty decent specs, but once scenes start pushing a few million verts, it always takes a while before any real rendering begins. I've done what I can to optimize a lot of the geometry and stuff in scenes like that and cheating where I can, but sometimes you can't help but have that much in a scene. Using instances and arrays don't really help because it still has to process all of it.

It's just one of those things I have to deal with I guess.

>> No.670791
File: 2.81 MB, 1920x1080, weez.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670791

>>670700
finished my test

>> No.670792

>>670790
Can you use proxies or packed instances with those engines? They are a common approach to shortening translation time. Look into Redshift proxies for a good example of what I have in mind.

>> No.670793

>>670792
Yeah you can definitely instance objects and stuff from other files with them. I just never really bothered because I thought they'd still need to process them anyway when you go to render (it's still geometry that needs to be rendered, even if it is from another file). Viewport runs perfectly fine, there's just a long pause before the tiles roll out and actually start rendering. I'll try dividing my bigger scenes up next time. Maybe it'll make a difference.

>> No.670795

>>670777
>This guy

>> No.670796

>>670790
You really shouldn't be having scenes that push "a few million verts". You can always optimise. Create LOD models for everything, control subdivision levels tightly, swap in low-polys wherever possible, etc. etc. Not everything has to be a high-poly asset, especially if it isn't even a hero asset.

>> No.670797

>>670773
p good but looks more like michael brown to me

>> No.670802
File: 102 KB, 1239x984, thickness.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670802

floating geometry thickness test

>> No.670812

>>670796
You have no idea what your talking about. Almost every fished file I'll worked on has been over 5mil verts in industry

>> No.670813

>>670802
terrifying model

>> No.670814

>>670791
>static lighting
i hope this is baked otherwise you wasted a lot of time rendering

>> No.670815
File: 67 KB, 749x904, e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670815

>>670813
I think it's pretty compelling.

>> No.670816

>>670815
if you have no taste yeah, not sure who would find that 'thing' attractive.

>> No.670818

>>670802
intredasting

>> No.670820

>>670816
How would you make it less terrifying? Alternatively, you could sate my curiosity by posting or linking something you find attractive.

>> No.670821

i went and bought that robot tutorial by gleb alexandrov, hows that look?

>> No.670822
File: 163 KB, 708x1072, Screenshot (36).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670822

>>670821
sorry, forgot picture

>> No.670823

>>670793
Linking objects won't necessarily improve translation time. The idea with proxies is that they save the result of translation, so the engine can skip the process. I'm not experienced enough with Cycles/Eevee to know if they have this, though.

>> No.670825

>>670802
Not an anatomyfag, but isn't the neck just a bit too long?

>> No.670826

>>670820
her neck is too long/missing neck muscles, her eyes are too big for those proportions. her torso is also missing some silhouette/too thin which makes her look like she has gorilla arms you can tell by the size of the deltoid. for her size we should be seeing the ankles but it looks like theyre being overpowered by fat which doesnt make sense because should need to be obese, shes just thick.

>> No.670828

>>670681
Looks good for the most part, I find that her neck's too long though. I understand you're going for an anime-like style, but reducing the sharpness of that chin and widening that jaw ever so slightly would be a nice change. Her lower jaw's really tiny otherwise. The sternocleidomastoid follows the side of the neck too closely, might wanna reference some realistic necks if you're going to have it that well-defined. It looks very strained this way.
You should sharpen those iris textures a lot more too, they look very soft.

>>670822
Bit too early to judge honestly.
Furthermore, if you're following a tutorial there's really not much to comment on, unless the tutorial you're following is dogshit.

>>670802
Good to see you back in the /wip/. For the most part I agree with >>670826, I think the eyes are sized fine for your style though. Neck just seems to zwoop upwards, and her overall figure's chubby, though almost leaning on amorphous as if she's inflatable. Should try to define a few more features (namely landmarks and joints) clearly.

>> No.670829
File: 203 KB, 984x1024, serveimage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670829

>>670826
I can only really agree with the point about her neck, but there's clearly some fuckery going on there. Maybe the ankles and pelvis could be more defined, but since it's obviously stylized it's hard to argue how things should be. You've made your preference clear.

>> No.670831

>>670829
you can clearly see her ankles on this lol, and her arms arnt massive like yours, look at her shoulders, small in comparison to her chest which you minimized drastically, making her shoulders massive.

>> No.670832

>>670831
I'm not the artist

>> No.670834
File: 1.73 MB, 1721x1241, 3uo7Bob.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670834

>>670829
and just to be clear, those are not my preferences lmao. I know the basics of human proportions YOU dont. YOU cant break those proportions if you dont even know how to follow them in the first place.

>> No.670846

>>670814
not the guy, but how so ?

>> No.670848

>>670846
with static lighting you can just bake all the lighting info into a color map and have it render 100x faster.

>> No.670850
File: 223 KB, 901x940, try2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670850

the ears came out weird

>> No.670851

>>670848
so then the texture of everything in the scene would have the lightning on it, and you wouldn't need any light ?
that sounds useful, never heard of it before

>> No.670853

>>670850
what am I supposed to be looking at

>> No.670854
File: 253 KB, 817x953, try3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670854

I will sell these assets. serious offers only pls

>> No.670857
File: 141 KB, 982x1578, bod.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670857

I had some weird bone offset going on with the neck bone. Should be a bit better now

>> No.670863

>>670857
Looks good mate, makes sure your poses aren't clipping (feet) though. Any progress GIFs?

>> No.670864
File: 76 KB, 1327x843, sophie.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670864

>>670857
Man I like the way you are doing this. Is this you Meakrob? If yes, you seem to go for a more cartoony style now. I like it.

>> No.670866

>>670857
Is it based off a Genesis mesh? The texture seams on the thighs (more visible in the earlier picture) would point towards that.

>> No.670880
File: 42 KB, 659x449, temp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670880

Breaker one niner - you got Starfleet on the horn - come on come on

We are 10-8 from now until the lady wants to watch a movie. 6 hours til Shytown come on.

>> No.670882

>>670863
Thanks :) No animations this time. I'm hoping to add a proper jiggle system before I post animation again

>>670864
Yeah! I don't like realism as much these days. Its a lot more fun to do something with breathing room away from the uncanny valley.

That's a pretty nose. your models are always great but the noses seemed a bit off until this one

>>670866
I don't fuck with pozer shit

>> No.670883

>>670815
Share that model, senpai. The world needs a free blackface Suzanne.

>> No.670885

>>670882
>That's a pretty nose. your models are always great but the noses seemed a bit off until this one
Thank you very much. People tell me to improve and get my stuff together and after watching Ryan Kingslien vids these days, I can say that I can only be my own enemy, especially if I think I am right. Thank you very much and be free to tell me when I am shit. As for your work I love this new path as well as the old one. Just make sure you never give up. You are already doing stuff that is way over my head. You are also an oldfag so anyone here giving you shit shout stfu.

>> No.670889

>>670821
>bought
yikes. you mean the free one on piratebay?

>that robot tutorial
le boolean and bevel modifier amirite?

>gleb alexandrov
dat german autism tho mmm hmm

>> No.670892

>>670889
Damn, this posts reeks of an unsatisfied life,
Fucking get a hobby, since 3d dosnt seem to be it.

>> No.670893

>>670796
I didn't say everything was a hi-poly asset.
If you need something like a dense forest or something that just needs dense geometry using an array, the numbers can quickly add up. Even if you're doing as much as possible to optimize it. I know how to optimize scenes and proper economy in a scene. That's not the problem. Honestly, I'm just trying to optimize the down-time between frames now. With Eevee, it only takes a few seconds to actually render things, even at 4k. So getting the time down between frames will really help. I mean it's not that long, maybe 30s - 3m on larger scenes, but it's still a good bit of wasted time.

>> No.670894

>>670802
Everything is perfect, my friend.
DO the hentai animation/3D game, whathever, with her.
The faggots complaining are trolls and will be the first ones to go after whathever you make with her.

>> No.670895

>>670883
If you don´t even have the talent to make this simple model in any software, could you please leave /3/ forever and never come back? Thank you.

>> No.670906

>>670894
Don't project your own depravity on others you degenerate POS

>> No.670913
File: 89 KB, 825x832, celt1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670913

>>670894
Give him all the support you can. He inspires me to work.
>>670906
You have no idea what meakrob is doing do you? The game he is making could blow any Illusion game out of the water if he did more work or I guess had more support.

>> No.670914
File: 85 KB, 1000x1250, Robot WIP 12.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670914

Hair model made now.

>> No.670915

>>670791

I actually got motion sick looking at that animation.

>> No.670916

>>670802
pls post ass

>> No.670928
File: 406 KB, 1080x920, Tetrapoda Generica 01.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670928

whaddaya sculpten fellas

>> No.670934
File: 94 KB, 1445x960, shitfuck_A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670934

>>670681
>>670828
Thanks Anon, that's a nice feedback, i much appreciate it. I tried to fix a bit the neck and the jaw but ill do it better on my next model from the start, i also sharpened the iris

>>670802
>>670857
Woah, that's thicc, i want to see where this is going, do you have any social media or devlog m8?

>> No.670935

>>670934
Head seems really small imo. Though that might just be me. Something just feels off about the proportions. Maybe the neck is too long.

Other than that, for a dead meemee, lookin pretty good.

>> No.670937
File: 531 KB, 1415x471, fp 8.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
670937

it is a very good life. I am happy and blessed and lucky to share this gift with all living things. You guys bring your lunch tomorrow because you're gonna need it.

>> No.670949

>>670895
It's simple and easy to replicate, so I assume the author wouldn't have much issue with sharing it. Why not ask for it, then? It would save the time of recreating it.

>> No.670951

>>670934
Same anon that gave you the feedback, damn, that's really nice. Pretty interesting how you gave the breasts veins and stretchmarks, quite like that detail. Still feel like the neck's too long/the jaw is a bit too high though. I would love to see some more and other work from you sometime.

>> No.670965

>>670937
>You guys bring your lunch tomorrow because you're gonna need it.
So I can lose it the next time you post?

>> No.670968

>>670965
don't bother mate, he's too far gone. just ignore it until it grows self awareness.

>> No.670995 [DELETED] 

>>670968
>until it grows self awareness.
Then it would be too late. We can't afford to ignore the issue now.

>> No.671000
File: 1.02 MB, 1558x876, 1546150580448.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671000

reposting in this new thread because last time i posted right as it died.
WIP of the shredder from turok

>> No.671001

>>670934
her nipples look like octopus suction cups

>> No.671004

>>671001
So they can attach and succ on my dick? I approve.

>> No.671015

>>671000
its ugly

>> No.671018
File: 1.14 MB, 1920x1080, aventail_grey_update.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671018

He scare

>> No.671027

>>671015
thank you very informative

>> No.671029
File: 2.32 MB, 1363x2576, Evangeline Ling.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671029

>>670825
>isn't the neck just a bit too long?

>> No.671042 [DELETED] 
File: 236 KB, 1711x945, Screenshot_5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671042

shroom enemy

>> No.671043
File: 351 KB, 770x470, Mass-Effect-Andromeda.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671043

>>670802

>> No.671048
File: 1.20 MB, 960x540, Unreleased footage of Trayvon Martin II.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671048

>>670773
added lighting, fixed the ground plane, fixed the siren, animated the sun.

>> No.671049

>>671043
You don't even use words anymore do you "ITS UGLY GUY"?

>> No.671059

>>671049
it is ugly tho.(nothim) if you try to rebuttal that than youre delusional.

>> No.671071

>>670935
Th...thanks, i also feel the proportions are somewhat off, maybe it's also because of the the oversized breasts and the thin arms, not sure.

>>670951
:) nice, since you mentioned those details i'm going to guess you're also a boobs man right?, the neck is kinda long but i think still is within the anime range limits but the next model will have more human like proportions and yeah i'll be posting in here what i do every now and then, i'm super slow tho :D

>>671001
And that's a good thing r..right?

>>671004
anon here knows what's good <D

>> No.671072
File: 831 KB, 1128x916, big guy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671072

My beautiful baby boy.

>> No.671077
File: 253 KB, 1337x653, lola gt mk6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671077

exterior nearly done on this ugly ass car

>> No.671085
File: 53 KB, 786x565, temp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671085

Finding Joe

>> No.671089

>>671059
>people who disagree with my opinions are delusional
The irony

>> No.671095
File: 845 KB, 830x694, img-2019-03-10-030808.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671095

>>670814
Oh, well that would have been nice to know about. I suppose lesson learned

>> No.671100
File: 2.35 MB, 1920x1200, img-2019-03-10-040945.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671100

r e c u r s i o n

>> No.671102

Experimenting with trying to create the look of 90s PC game rendering with Daz Studio.

https://youtu.be/zC2Rz-CYniQ

>> No.671120

>>671059
You are delusional if you think you know how to write. Knowing how to write gives proof of education. Education gives weight to your credibility. Credibility allows you the privilege of being listened to. You have nothing. You can't even post work. Your name is "it's ugly guy". That is all you are. And you deserve no pity.

>> No.671122

>>671120
yeah but this is the internet smart ass, who gives a fuck about how you write lmao

>> No.671123
File: 978 KB, 1767x1016, Screenshot_197.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671123

Just some quick sketch I did to pass the time on a lazy Sunday afternoon

>> No.671124

>>671077
you gonna extrude that inside?
also why did you model the treads instead of painting them as normals or using displacement maps? the rest looks okay

>> No.671125

>>671123
made me laff, mission accomplished, but it would be funnier if the muscles were more realistic and less street fighter V looking

>> No.671126

>>671122
You just got rekt and are not even aware of it. How sad.

>> No.671132

>>671126
listen op youre not as clever as you think you are, and yes your model is ugly and again you are delusional.

>> No.671138
File: 471 KB, 474x379, get out.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671138

>>671018

>> No.671146

>>671132
I think neither of us is OP and I am >>671120. The problem is you shitposting in each thread thinking you are clever but you just suck and try to bring everyone down. Stfu and have respect or just move on. This should be a positive environment bolstered with constructive criticism. Shitting on other people's work and not giving a reason why something sucks doesn't make you look good. It just shows what a weak mind you have, especially since you can't even write words but recede into communicating with cave paintings.

>> No.671153

>>671146
im not trying to be witty or "clever" im stating literal facts and you are trying to rebuttal them, when you literally cant.

>> No.671154

>>670802
it's literally shit on a canvas.

>> No.671156

>>671146
>This should be a positive environment.

You're a faggot, dude.
If you want a hugfest full of bullshitters telling you how good your garbage is then go to community college.
He's at least being honest about his opinion by comparing it to the main character of andromeda.
Instead of crying about not getting a compliment you could go try and make it better.

>> No.671157

>>671125
I actually started the sketch wanting to do a Goku sculpt but I changed my mind half way through and opted for the meme ending. Maybe if I get more free time I could do a realistic version of it

>> No.671158

>>671123
please make a render of this

>> No.671161

>>671156
Other anon here.
You are right, nobody wants a PC hugfest here except weak individuals who can't take criticism.
His comparison with the Andromeda character, i have no problems with desu, the rest he said is just narcissistic tantrum throwing.
The character is solid and better than 70% of what is usually posted here. Calling it ugly and shit may be his opinion, but implying that it is a fact and everybody who is not agreeing with him is delusional is quite the projection.
It pisses ME off and i have no horse in this race.
He is free to say whatever he wants, but that doesn't shield him from being called out for what he is = an asshole, and that IS a fact.

>> No.671168

>>670913
>>670864
Your noses are slowly turning human. Keep practising.

>> No.671175
File: 1.44 MB, 1920x1160, 1545729513269.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671175

robot hand

>> No.671180
File: 921 KB, 1532x918, beato13.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671180

Wip of a model I started yesterday, Beato from Umineko.

>> No.671182

>>671180
Best seen shit i've sermon this board. Nice cloths

>> No.671183

>>671182
*Weeb

>> No.671186

>>671153
You literally gave no reason hence there is no need for a rebuttal. You suck. Post progress.
>>671156
Your reading comprehension amazes me. Did you read what comes after that full stop. Did you miss the part with CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. Do you know what that means or are you illiterate? You actually prove that you are and the question was rhetorical.

>> No.671187

>>671153
>im stating literal facts
BWAHAHAHAHAHAH! Can you point me in the direction where those facts exist other than your little head. Is it the same fact book where your grammar came from?

>> No.671188

>>671186
kekekeke. I am drunk and I cant follow this shit. but it sounds about right.

>> No.671191

>>671186
shut up aspie, no one can blame you for being afraid of the first amendment, go back to tumblr.

>> No.671192

>>671186
i don't care, pussy. "It's shit" is good enough. as I said if you want a hug fest go some place else you brainlet.

>> No.671193

>>671187
it doesnt fit in any particular group of aesthetic therefor its an ugly piece of shit that some fagwad with no concept of proportions or human anatomy and tries to pass it off as muh style(you)

>> No.671197

>>671192
The comment you made >>671193 makes you a brainlet. Also
>"It's shit" is good enough
Is not good enough. You have no ground to stand on. You are literally being called out by everyone in here so I think it is you who should leave. Or are you afftaid people on other forums won't allow you to shit in them like it is your toilet.
>>671191
For this comment in particular, you don't even know what aspie means and what it constitutes to be one. You can't seem to understand the basics of facial differences. That is one of the key elements of having Asperger Syndrome. You should use your time better and go get yourself checked out by a doctor. You can get help.

>> No.671198

>>671122
>who gives a fuck about how you write lmao
Everyone.

>> No.671199
File: 42 KB, 438x400, 1284234927751.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671199

>>671175
>milking robot

>> No.671200

>>671197
wahh wahh im mad because their right!

>> No.671201
File: 917 KB, 1920x1160, 1546437129141.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671201

>>671199
dont
dont worry about it

>> No.671202

RIP argument counter.
You had a good run little buddy.

Ugly guy strikes again I suppose.

>> No.671203

>>671200
Yeah. I know I am right. That is a fact.

>> No.671204

>>671192
We don't want hugs. We want harsh, constructive criticism. Just like a dad who loves you, and slaps you hard when you are being a bad girl, because he knows what's best for you, and would never like to see you on the wrong path. That's what we want. Not hugs. Faggot.

>> No.671205

>streak broken
this thread is ugly.

Thanks, dumbasses.

>> No.671206

>>671203
>mfw if >>671200 cant understand what >>671203
said there, >>671200 is an illiterate degenerate 1000%

>> No.671208

>>671202
why do you people think its one guy

>> No.671209

>>671206
listen buddy, this place isnt for you. go post your garbage model somewhere els for people to praise you.

>> No.671211

>>671209
I never actually posted a model here. I am more or less an oldfag lurker who found some people in here and pulled out of here and gave them actual work. Stop disrupting people trying to get better because I want to see them get better. Do you understand that. Find a way to shit on them that makes sense. Explain yourself. Make some endeavor and don't be a lazy picture poster. For example some fags love Andromeda. I know I hate some of it and I know what it means to post it in general. YOU feel smart because you think you are CONNECTING. You are not. You will just distance people from you and be the kid in the back of the class who nobody talks to because a week ago he made a distasteful joke nobody can understand. Don't you get it? You don't fit in here. It is a WiP thread. Not find a target to SHIT on thread. Move on buddy.

>> No.671213

>>671211
1:you are not an old fag, old fags dont claim to be old fags
2: we know youre the OP of the ugly model because its obvious as fuck
3:in no way did i give the impression im smart, you just love to project
4: get the fuck off my board.

>> No.671216

>>671213
Shut up, brainletlet.

>> No.671217 [DELETED] 

>>671213
>1:you are not an old fag, old fags dont claim to be old fags
Yes we do and we are sick of you newfags infesting us. It used to be a summer thing remember? No you don't. Because you don't even know why.
>2: we know youre the OP of the ugly model because its obvious as fuck
WRONG. I just happen to be a FAN of MEAKROB the op who is a person of his own, and I am in fact a little bit angry because the FUCKER doesn't even know how much money he could make if he tried. He could make his OWN money (you never will be able to).
>3:in no way did i give the impression im smart, you just love to project
You seem to be out of your depth with me so you try to play a fool. A good try but played out. It is textbook. You basically suck and are totally transparent.
4: get the fuck off my board.
I was here first. Have respect for your elders. So I quess that is a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

>> No.671218

>>671213
>1:you are not an old fag, old fags dont claim to be old fags
Yes we do and we are sick of you newfags infesting us. It used to be a summer thing remember? No you don't. Because you don't even know why.
>2: we know youre the OP of the ugly model because its obvious as fuck
WRONG. I just happen to be a FAN of MEAKROB the op who is a person of his own, and I am in fact a little bit angry because the FUCKER doesn't even know how much money he could make if he tried. He could make his OWN money (you never will be able to).
>3:in no way did i give the impression im smart, you just love to project
You seem to be out of your depth with me so you try to play a fool. A good try but played out. It is textbook. You basically suck and are totally transparent.
>4: get the fuck off my board.
I was here first. Have respect for your elders. So I quess that is a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

>> No.671221

>>671197
Are you fucking retarded? You came to 4chan looking for constructive criticism? You absolute faggot!
hahahaha

>> No.671222

>>671218
You and the ugly model maker are a couple of onions boys holy shit lol

>> No.671223

>>671180
very nice but please hide the face you make such nice real dresses and pollute them with anime flat heads.
>youd be amazing if you just went full bernini and made renaissance head sculpts instead of otaku faces. Or like nier, just hide the hideous weeb heads to focus on anatomy.

>> No.671224

>>671221
Hey, get some class man. Grow some balls and leave the cattle mentality behind.
>Uuuugh! But I can shit wherever I want. I am soooo proud of myself.
Yeah, whatever makes you feel better, but you should really aim higher. Also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_disability

>> No.671225

>>671224
You're crying about someone calling a model shitty on 4chan. Do you see the irony in that?

>> No.671226

Welp you whiney pissants have turned this thread into a shit show over your feelings.

Threads since last argument: 0

>> No.671227

>>671225
You seem to have a problem reading and writing. Can you point out the part where I am crying? You can't because there is no such thing in my writing. Please post progress. I win, you suck, mike drop. Peace out.

>> No.671228

>>670857
It looks like an alien who's only heard stories of what humans look like attempted to make a 3D model of one.
I suggest you study human anatomy because your art work is literally shit on a canvas.

>> No.671229

>>671180
When you say started yesterday you mean you're nearly 24hours in, right?

>> No.671230

>>671227
Yeah peace out cry baby. don't come back. The model is shit and you know it so just walk away.

>> No.671231

>>671226
I am trying to get weed out the problem in here. You seem to be helping it. Are you protecting the weeds. I am trying to eradicate them with a pesticide rarely used and forgotten. It is called REASON. You gotta get it. Help me out here.

>> No.671232

>>671230
Well. I seem to have accomplished one thing. It seems you are totally unaware of it.

>> No.671233

>>671230
a tip - your writing seems to have improved.

>> No.671234

>>671232
I'm aware of it. You've successfully derailed the thread. Good job, pussy.

>> No.671235

>>671231
You are part of the problem.

>> No.671236

>>670913
>>670894
>>671043
thanks guys!!!


>>670934
I have a twitter here. Its NSFW
twitter.com/mearob47

>>671180
thats perty. You gonna cellshade?


>>671154
>>671228
You've been arguing with someone else btw. Im not really mad, I'm just surprised. I think its only taken 24 hours and you've ruined this entire thread. If other people's content makes you so upset to the point you have to argue back and forth with people for a while 24 hours, why not get away from the keyboard and actually make something? It would be a much better use of your time. i know I get a lot more done when I take longer breaks from /3/.

I'm disappointed in you anon

>> No.671237

>>671228
shut up bitch

>> No.671238

God, shut the fuck up you retards. We had a good thing going and it's all out the window now. Both parties are guilty here, don't even think by posting a response defending someone you're "trying to help out". It's either some goddamn insane superiority complex or the incessant need to suck dick.

>>671231
You fell for BAIT, you goddamn idiot. Don't interact with lowercase posters, that's the new unspoken rule around these parts.

Can you fucks just stop responding to each other? It's nothing but aimless bickering at this point. I don't care how angry you are, you aren't reaching some resolution by telling anon that his model is shit or that he's intellectually deranged, or whatever the fuck you blockheads keep screaming about.

>> No.671239
File: 236 KB, 1609x1013, EE198637-606F-498D-B1DA-CD81990F80E3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671239

>>671223
Your hate for anime face is quite silly. Quite obviously I make them because I prefer them over realistic faces.

>> No.671240

>>671234
Cry me a river, you are the one trying to sound smart while claiming you don't want to be smart, saying it is me projecting (ME placing a value on YOUR intelligence lol) all the while trying to prove your worth to me because you are my intellectual inferior. You should really give up now because I really mean to discourage you from shitposting and bringing down the quality of future threads. If your daddy (mommy) hurt you and you think that is why you have to hurt others, you should know that you are unfortunate to have bad parents and that is not how you get better. That is exactly how genX created the doom of mankind. YOU - the MILLENIAL.

>> No.671241

holy shit guys shut the fuck up

>> No.671242

>>671238
If I may... I've been following this argument from the beginning because it's kind of amusing.
What started it was that someone posted a screen cap of a 3D model that was incredibly anatomically inaccurate and lacking in anatomical features such as knees, elbows, and general human definition.
Someone posted a screen cap of ME3 Andromeda to illustrate the resemblance in the face area.
From there people began flinging shit that it wasn't "constructive criticism" and one party called the other party illiterate, while the response to that was "you're a faggot and it's shit" lmao.

On the one hand, we have people insulting a model. On the other hand, we have people defending a model.

This is the glory of freedom of speech lawl.

>> No.671243

>>671240
tl;dr.
Drop it already.
Your model sucks. Get over it. You should learn from this instead that you don't have to respond to every thing someone says lmao.
You really should stop and think to yourself "Hey I derailed a entire thread because someone called my model shit instead of just ignoring it and moving on."
You're an entitled little brat.

>> No.671244

>>671048
uh...

>> No.671246

>>671242
>lacking in anatomical features such as knees, elbows, and general human definition
How fucking deluded are you people with the quality of your own work, jesus christ.

>> No.671247

>>671246
Calm down! It's just an opinion!

>> No.671248

>>671242
>Someone posted a screen cap of ME3 Andromeda to illustrate the resemblance in the face area.
ME Andromeda was knows for being a failure in many departments especially since the characters were purported as being struck with a heavy case of space autism. Now, comparing that to someone who is posting work here is of course BAIT. But I don't want "its ugly" guy shitting on everyone who posts here.
>>671243
As I said before, it is not my model. And Meakrob is way more capable than any of the pricks thinking they even have what it takes to criticise him. I see the fag trying to overflow him with bad comments and it seems like bullying. It so happens that I haven't seen his shit for a long time. I didn't even fucking know he changed his style. I am just happy to see someone who knows their shit posting here.
>You're an entitled little brat.
I am sorry if I derailed the thread. I do acknowledge that I may be as guilty as the other party although that is not true. Entitlement here is absolutely acceptable because I am right. You bow down once, and you will keep on bowing forever. I am trying to give you some value. Nothing more. I am even trying to elevate that monkey who keeps on arguing with me.

LASTLY >>671238 you are RIGHT, and I forgot myself, but I seem to care for your work more than I realized and so I acted out of my wits. I Do apologize to you all (except that inferiority complex infested bag of dicks).

>> No.671249

>>671247
It's fine to have that opinion, it's just clear you don't actually know what you're looking at, what the human anatomy is, or have ever attempted a human model of your own.

>> No.671250

>>671249
It's clear you've never had a girlfriend, if so you may know what female anatomy looks like.

>> No.671252

>>671249
Post your work.

>> No.671253

>>671231
There's no use reasoning with that guy. He's shown it countless times already. Just ignore him.

>> No.671255

Meakrob here. I only posted these 4 comments.
>>670802
>>670857
>>670882
>>671236
>>671248
Thats not me but I wouldnt worry too much. Let the guy keep posting and he'll get bored eventually. Its kind of easy to pick out frustrated critiques vs real ones these days.

Overall its been a bit entertaining but it stinks that we lost a wip thread to this.

>> No.671256

>>671250
Buddy. You don't have to have a gf to know how female anatomy works. You boasting about it is clear example of talking through your ass. You yourself never fucked anyone but your poorly lubed hand and are trying to sell your shit here to prove an argument. I on the other hand have no reason to explain myself because I am totally happy and confident. My only position is that I am trying to educate you. Why? Because the world is going to fuck superfast and I am trying to make allies out of people who think they think different than I do. We are very similar in opinion. You are just bitter. That is more or less the only difference. That bitterness poisons your subconscious processes.

>> No.671259

>>671252
Doubt the guy I'm talking to has any, and I would have to take some fresh screens, not worth

>> No.671260

>>671255
NP. I like people like you posting here and this "its ugly" guy butts in on every thread. it would seem wrong for him to shit on people's work while he can't post anything himself and I think sacrificing one thread to acknowledge we got a little shit among us is healthy for everyone, especially if we are on the same page that he is just shitposting. Now, I seem to have done enough damage of my own by trying to do the right thing so this is my last comment about this and I give you my word.

>> No.671263

>>671260
>>671255
yeah kiss his ass some more, oh wait its just yourself kissing your own ass.

>> No.671264 [DELETED] 
File: 27 KB, 546x102, stfufag.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671264

>>671263
You soooo smart!

>> No.671265
File: 27 KB, 546x102, stfufag.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671265

>>671263
You soooo smart! Also, you made me break my promise but the truth is worth it.

>> No.671266

>>671265
can you PLEASE STFU ALREADY?!

>> No.671267

Maybe the thread should just be deleted and remade... These fucking assclowns have just shit all over it for the past 70 posts.

>> No.671270 [DELETED] 

>>671265
lol >>671265 posts proof and >>671263, >>671266 acts like a sore loser.
>>671267
Totally agree, without these shitheads. It was amusing to read tho.

>> No.671271

lol >>671265 posts proof and >>671263, >>671266 acts like a sore loser and begs to stop.
>>671267
Totally agree, without these shitheads. It was amusing to read tho.

>> No.671272

>>671267
No, we'll let it bump. With around 130~ more posts till bump there's still time for the thread to recover past this point (and it very likely will if past derailed threads are any signs). Plus, not sure I can delete my thread after it's been up for so long.
t. generalman by the way

>> No.671273
File: 44 KB, 1288x730, myshit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671273

Trying to Maya only, liking the silhouette, but the actual model...

>> No.671275
File: 49 KB, 1292x734, myshit2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671275

>>671273
The next step is the hair model, then I'll come back to the body

>> No.671277
File: 534 KB, 814x689, 1546071315719.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671277

i gave robot hand a GUN arm

>> No.671279

>>671255
You're a piece of shit samefagger and know exactly what your doing

>> No.671282
File: 377 KB, 1884x835, getcheckedbud.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671282

>>671279
You are getting too invested in this shit man. I am greenmarked and defending Meakrob because I know his past work and followed him for quite a while. He has been posting here some amazing stuff before and has been gone for a long time. Giving him this sort of welcome just triggered me a bit. You see, it is about integrity as a colleague that I protect him, and that is something you might not understand.

>> No.671284

>>671282
God, shut the fuck up. Not any one of the anons that have been arguing about this dumbass nonsense. But you just look like you're sucking dick and it's seriously pathetic. Stop whiteknighting so hard especially on the kitchenware subforum of this anonymous hellscape.

>> No.671286

>>671277
It's shit.

>> No.671288

>>671286
the guy reeing over the girl model gave more feedback

>> No.671289

>>671284
>But you just look like you're sucking dick and it's seriously pathetic.
Uhm, ok but you sound like you would rather I suck your dick. SORRY I'm still allowed to say - I am not into that.
>Stop whiteknighting so hard
You don't use whiteknighting properly. It would work if he was a girl or if I was gay. None of which is true. So you presume too much and end up annoying yourself thus ending the conversation in - AAAAAGH! Jus STHAAPPP!
>especially on the kitchenware subforum of this anonymous hellscape.
Ok, now I like this. Keep up with the humor but don't get buthurt because I am right. It is just unreasonable (I hope my condescending tone translates well here).

>> No.671293

>>671288
Lelelel. He made me give fill the whole thread with counter feedback.
>>671277
Topo is pretty ok and economic except the tips but the form depends on the whole model. It is not aesthetically pleasing in that picture. In fact I thought it some kind of a fat Harkonnen ship or part of a spice processor.

>> No.671297
File: 362 KB, 782x695, 1538000008860.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671297

>>671293
not exactly finished yet, revisted it after a related project drove me to insanity

>> No.671299

>>671297
youre taking way too long for something so simple

>> No.671301
File: 212 KB, 1020x689, 1550596092644.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671301

>>671299
you have no idea
i started this file like months ago
dont want to make this sound like a blog post but
>my job drains all drive i have
>when i get home i crash on bed worst case senario
>the times i do get to work on it i get way too caught up and stay up late when i gotta wake up at 4:50
its a feedback loop
i also blame my inexperience too, that robot hand's joints alone i redid like 2-3 times because i couldnt decide how they should fit together and how they should be
>ball joints?
>socket joints?
furthermore, this original project was supposed to open up like pic related but frankly trying to get two outer pieces of the shell to go over the middle pieces so that its armor wouldnt be so wide on the X axis was just driving me insane trying to make all the bells and wistles crunch into the shell, so im just gonna opt to have the shell divide in half, and move behind it on the shoulders for wings. it'll be in fetal position when inside so the wings shouldnt look too huge.

>> No.671303

>>671297
Mastery takes time but >>671299 is right. If you feel like something is driving you insane, you will just get burned out. Get back to the basics. I'd suggest some easy youtube tutorials and then get back to this but you might be too disgusted by your work to continue. That will also pass. It is a phase. Also, there are so many free tutorials out on youtube so don't pay for them unless they are really top notch and specialize in a complete subject like the old EAT3D tuts and stuff.

>> No.671306

>>671303
thats what i've been doing the whole time really,
i feel like theres obvious shortcuts im missing here though
at least i already know the existance of the array modifier, as that was what i made the robot's fingers out of, i only learned about that by watching a katana tutorial

>> No.671307

>>671306
also this is ultimately just so i can offer a reference to 2d artists i commission and maybe practice animation with, and its proven to have taken way longer than i wanted.
at least this tutorial here offered a way for me to do parts i have not yet been able to touch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKfdy050JMQ

>> No.671308

>>670802
Wow your model is so good. How did you make it look so good? Did you follow a tutorial for this? Is there a tutorial for this? Can you make a tutorial for it? I'd really like to see a tutorial for this model. This is way better than some of the triple A studio's work I've seen like Bioware.

>> No.671326
File: 459 KB, 768x1366, wip.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671326

got back to work on my diabolos projects, any thoughts? none of this is final yet. so i might still drastically change as it's still just a pretty low res dynamesh.

>> No.671327

>>671326
Is that diabolos from Final Fantasy?

>> No.671328

>>671208
"Ugly guy" is an umbrella term for those people that don't provide any real critique other than "it's ugly".
Typically, they're lowercase posters as well.

It might not be just one guy, but damn if they all don't post the same way.

>> No.671329

>>671231
>I am trying to get weed out the problem in here.
No one asked you to. That's the thing. You're just making it worse by giving fuel to the fire.

General-san should just put in the OP to ignore "ugly" posters.
Then again, no one reads the OP.

>> No.671347

>>670802
Hard to believe this guy got so bent out of shape over such a shitty scene. Just try harder next time, chum.

>> No.671349

Rip this thread, basically unusable thanks the two idiots arguing about Jack shit. Sorry to the annons who got lost in the wall of text. May as well wait until the next thread and just repost. Also would reporting then as spaming/flooding be correct?

>> No.671353

>>671349
>Also would reporting then as spaming/flooding be correct?
No mods here to report to, anon.

>> No.671356

>>671329
>General-san should just put in the OP to ignore "ugly" posters.
This. He should do it in big fat letters and maybe more than once.

>> No.671357

>>671353
I thought the same thing until I reported that 9/11 post and it got removed the next day

>> No.671358

>>671357
>>671014

>> No.671359
File: 157 KB, 980x820, hydrant.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671359

One of the props for an animated short.
Placeholder mats

>> No.671365

>>671356
Ignore it's ugly posters, lowercase posters and furries

>> No.671367

>>671328
I miss Witchdev's renders in these threads.

>> No.671372
File: 327 KB, 640x480, nyc.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671372

New york inspired scene, 3ds max

>> No.671376

>>671372
Ah yes that streat in NY with the one building on that L shaped road in the center of a translucent checked blue box. I think that's on 5th

>> No.671382

>>671376
No you're thinking of the one by DeVinicci's, this is the one on 137th.

>> No.671393

>>671372
based 3ds max poster

>> No.671394

>>671367
i dont.

>> No.671399

>>670802
Why does ugly fag keep posting at this one and not meakrobs better post?>>670857

Really sad that you have to be so petty to bring other's down

>> No.671401
File: 861 KB, 1525x863, beato15.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671401

Hair detailing in progress.

>> No.671402

>>671327
yes

>> No.671403

>>671401
would look better without the outline and using some opacity maps

>> No.671404

>>671401
Beautiful one trillion poly sculpt, anon.
Just remember that you have to retopo and animate all that.

>> No.671441
File: 660 KB, 1740x979, Screenshot from 2019-03-11 14-20-51.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671441

>>670679
Working on a procedural skinning workflow that doesn't care about morphs applied to models. [pic related] contains two models; one base, and another morphed. Both are using the same procedural material. The hope is to get rid of texture stretched caused by extreme morphs by using texture space vs object space texturing. [pic related] contains only texture space procedural masking right now, but I'm hoping to add some object space diffuse or bump texture next to test the process. The material would have to be baked for animations as object space texturing doesn't work for animations. However, it should work as is for posing (I think).

Basically, the texture space masks stretch with the morphs just like UV texture coordinates do... However, you can specify a donor mesh for texture space so long as that mesh has identical vert count and order. Theoretically I can create all the masks targeted to the base model and those masks would transfer to the morphed model no different then if they were UV texture masks. Using those masks, I should be able to generate uniform object space texturing that'll look no different when applied to a fat ass, a super model, a giant, or a child (i.e. no stretching or compression).

I know, the actual masking could have just been done with textures, but using the procedural masks actually gives me a lot of control and all I have to do is move sliders. To painting needed... Its just a bit of a pain to get them in the right spots.

>> No.671443
File: 64 KB, 1177x346, temp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671443

>>671441
I think your going about it from the wrong direction. Maybe a skin node, like a hair material node. Then you could eliminate the need for textures altogether.

>> No.671444

>>671443
Yes, that's the goal. These are just very rudimentary masks meant to help that process. I'd be able to apply the skin nodes you mentioned in specific parts of the body now. Face skin would be one procedurally generated texture were as arm or leg skin would be another (for example). These masks would be used to separate the work spaces.

I'd also like to be able to add in skin tight details like tan lines, freckles moles, or even skin tight clothing maybe. Seperating the body into work spaces makes the procedural generation of these textures easier as I wont have to worry about accidently overlapping with parts of the body I don't want included in the texture (i.e. a bakini tan line doesn't belong on the head so I'd just mask them out to be 100% sure that I don't accidentally overlap onto them).

I'm only doing it with procedural masking instead of image texture masking because I just want to see if it is possible, or even, dare I say, beneficial in some way.

>> No.671446

>>671444
copy. stay up.

>> No.671452

>>671404

haha

>> No.671453

>>671393
We out there

>> No.671455

>>671404
Who said I'm making this for a game?

>> No.671457
File: 837 KB, 1765x993, Screenshot from 2019-03-11 15-57-23.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671457

>>671441
>>671444
>>671443
>>671446
Maybe this would illustrate the end goal better. Both models are using the same material/texture, and same masking. However, there is no texture stretching on dem tig ol'bitties. I've I used this mat on a model that was 10 foot tall the texture would still be the same scale (in the case of skin that would be "skin cell sized" scale since that doesn't change with height), but it would be masked identically as the models breasts size would increase with her scale.

>> No.671458

>>671444
If I understand right, your goal is to have a procedural skin shader that surfaces in world units, so, say, 1 mm2 of skin is always 1 mm2 regardless of mesh size, assuming the topology remains constant?

>> No.671460

>>671239
have you tried anime eyes with western noses and maybe mouths?

>> No.671462

>>671458
Exactly... I don't know if the geometry node spits out object space or world space, but it wouldn't make a difference (I think). Either way the core concept remains the same. 1 mm2 of skin is always 1 mm2 of skin regardless of if there is 10cm2 of skin to be shaded or one mile.

>> No.671463
File: 44 KB, 570x374, temp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671463

>>671457
copy that. my node 411 is basic. you might be able to use the weights in vertex groups to help determine hue, when skin is right up against bone vs. covering muscle. I think you are on an honorable mission.

>> No.671464

>>671458
>assuming the topology remains constant?
Between the morphed model and the base mesh that is used in texture space... Blender lets you substitute a different mesh to be used in texture space and doing so lets you essentially have real time "morphing." basically textures are allied as if they are being applied to the substitute mesh, But! But! only if you are applying them with the "generated" output of the texture coordinate node. If you use the position output of the geometry node you can apply textures in object space. and those are applied on the morphed mesh.... The only downside is that object space procedural textures don't animate the way you'd want them too. Therefore, a bake of the generated texture maps would be needed for animations.
>using UV space stretches procedural textures just like any other texture.

>> No.671465

>>671463
>you might be able to use the weights in vertex groups to help determine hue, when skin is right up against bone vs. covering muscle.
That might actually be a good idea. I don't have much experience with blenders attribute transfer functionality, but I believe it is intended for exactly this use case (identical vertex indices, but modified topology). I'll have to look into it.

>> No.671466

>>671465
roger. I'm out.

>> No.671515
File: 1.29 MB, 1920x1160, 1544242186709.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671515

started a new "simpler" robot, im quite happy with how i got the head part to look, it rotates on a hinge seamlessly back into the sphere.
(or at least it would if smooth shading didnt do the thing on edges)

>> No.671528 [DELETED] 

looking to round up a crew of trolls that will you know go on raids and attack certain amino communitys etc if your down go on http://aminoapps.com/c/TheAnon

>> No.671533
File: 6 KB, 334x57, 1543831727489.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671533

>>671528

>> No.671534 [DELETED] 
File: 104 KB, 1092x990, for ugly faggot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671534

surely ass will keep us calm

>> No.671535
File: 71 KB, 998x984, for ugly faggott.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671535

surely ass will keep us calm

>> No.671536

>>671535
ty anon a little let down but still horny

>> No.671538

>>671535
Lookin good f'am. Only thing that kinda irks me is the skin shader. It reminds me a bit of like latex rubber or something. Like that shit doctor gloves are made of. I really can't put my finger on it but it just feels a bit off. Especially when comparing the rest of the model with the hair. They're like 2 different styles, the hair just doesn't feel right in the context of the model. Like it's just there on top of the head rather than being actually hair.

I'm liking all the skindentations and shit like that though, good work there. I know how much work you've been putting in to everything.
I wish your screenshots and stuff were a bit better quality though, seems like you lose a lot of detail and it gets pretty noisy (though that might be because of the engine or something, I don't know).

>> No.671542
File: 1.02 MB, 1280x720, 2019-03-11 23-42-22.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671542

>>671538
Thanks a lot dude!! I think I fucked up on the jpeg compression. I'll do better next time.

I'll try to make the skin nicer next time around too

>> No.671544

>>671535
REMEMBER TO IGNORE LOW-QUALITY RESPONSES TO THIS. Don't rope yourself into another argument, for the sake of the /wip/ and for your sanity.

>>671329
>>671356
Noted, will see what I can do.

>>671349
Most likely not. It's still just an argument as little as it contributes, I don't think it constitutes spamming nor flooding to a global mod looking in.
>>671357
Global moderators exist, they'll respond to posts you flag as off-topic and/or NSFW thankfully.

>>671367
Me too, anon, me too.

>>671542
>jpeg compression
Honestly would be a little nicer if you guys aren't doing this purposely, .pngs are much easier to handle when it comes to removing backgrounds. Remember that /3/ has an upload limit of 4MB, so there shouldn't be much reason for you to compress your files unless you're rendering lossless or something. That's just me being nitpicky, but it would help.
If you really have to compress your stuff, I'll recommend squoosh.app. In-browser on-the-fly compression that is incredibly helpful for forum posting and whatnot.

Dumb mediary post over, good to see the shitflinging's done for now. I'll leave you guys with a little fact: threads that get derailed with arguing tend hit bump around twice as fast as those that don't.
Cheers.

>> No.671555
File: 18 KB, 586x821, 5B50131E-C47A-4382-A3E4-2304AAF34B50.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671555

quick little bust sketch of kid buu that i’m still tweaking, took a lil liberties w/ it

>> No.671557

>>671535
>Surely ass will keep us calm
Dude you already hijacked the thread for t he first 100 posts over your anatomically inaccurate porn model and now you're trying to bait people into another argument.
Like fuck off. Your incessant whining overshadowed everyone else's wips they posted at the start of the thread.

>> No.671577

>>671535
>>671542
I am now zen. One with the ass. No more need for me to defend you. The pleasure of your assposting soothes my frustrations with "its ugly guy". I now forgive him.

>> No.671588

>>671542
>You are now aware that this is literally why the blender foundation created the Eevee render engine...
You and I both know that their donations spiked ten fold after people figured out this is what eevee could be used for.

>> No.671599

>>671588
Isn't it Unity, tho?

>> No.671604

>>671535
literal garbage

>> No.671607
File: 152 KB, 960x540, week9.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671607

wing panel detail

>> No.671609

>>671542
can you give yourself a tripcode so i can filter your ugly work?

>> No.671611

>>671604
>>671609
Can you give yourself one as well?

>> No.671612

>>671557
>>671604
>>671609
>>671611
Stop. Let's not start this again.

>> No.671613

>>671612
seriously give yourself a tripcode

>> No.671614

>>671599
That webm is, yes. Blender wanted in on the VR porn bucks.

>> No.671616

>>671607
noice

>> No.671628
File: 984 KB, 1772x997, Screenshot from 2019-03-12 14-04-55.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671628

>>671441
>>671457
Somewhat important update for anyone that cares. 2.8 fucked me. I don't know what went wrong, but blender 2.8 crashed and then texture spaces substitution stopped working... Well, it worked sporadically and I was never able to figure out a consistent fix. It just turned itself on and off when it felt like it, and eventually stopped working all together. I managed to save my work by appending just the material data from the .blend to a new 2.79 .blend. Appending to a new file in 2.8 didn't work, and I couldn't open the 2.8 .blend file in 2.79. Lucky the scene's models were easy to put back seeing as there are only two of them... I guess I'll be sticking with the stable 2.79 blender release for the time being.

Anywho, I got started procedurally replicating a set of textures from a texture pack I have for the models. [pic related] has the diffuse, roughness, SSS, and one out of five of the bump maps replicated... At a very rudimentary level anyways. There is still a lot of macro detail that has to be added; such as slight hue/saturation changes in the neck and armpits. All that said, I do have a problem. The texture pack I own uses shininess instead of roughness. I basically eye balled the correct level of roughness and copied the shininess texture's grain. Is there a normal way to transfer shininess to roughness? Simply inverting the texture doesn't get the correct results. I don't need to do it in nodes. I just want to be able to see actual roughness through an image inspection program (histogram, etc.). Right now I'm just guessing, but meh. I suppose that's the art in texture artist.

The masking I made earlier did come in handy for slapping on dem pasties... This is a blue board from what I understand.

>> No.671630

>>671604
Dat ass tho

>> No.671632

>>671612
Hey man, we all agreed we would ignore these worthless shitposters.
>>671613
>Being this delusional that because you are pretending to be few different people with shit opinions that others would be.
>>671535
>>671542
You are such a fucking tease. You post all this great progress and then you give us a demo with shitty gameplay. Fuck you and stop blueballing me! I didn't fap to your game on principle (I did fap to your progress tho)

>> No.671635
File: 756 KB, 3370x2257, JakRhodesSmith_module01_renderj.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671635

Also have the wireframe here https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/fender-strat-wireframe-9712cd7820ac4959aa85e69e7a285c05

>> No.671651
File: 277 KB, 789x764, k25b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671651

>> No.671655
File: 1009 KB, 1920x1160, 1526781512531.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671655

>>671515
and just with the edge split modifier, you can hardly tell its all in pieces

>> No.671656

>>671651
curves with tapers?

>> No.671662
File: 197 KB, 1070x1198, Rin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671662

How'd I do so far?

>> No.671663

>>671662
no no no thats not how you do it anime eyes are a flat texture and you never show 3d anime from the side
>you also should model the face asymmetrically for a 3/4 view that looks good
>back of the head is important

>> No.671664

>>671632
What demo?

>> No.671665
File: 106 KB, 1428x426, temp2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671665

chores are done for the day. the lady is happy, content, shopping online, downstairs. it's her money to spend, not on my budget, and I already tried talking to her to buy something practical. but noooo. I never got her an engagement ring and she really believes this is important. fine.
I come home from a long night and there is always a clean towel by the shower. when I open my drawer I find my socks and underwear are neatly folded and organized. I don't deserve this, I don't deserve her, but maybe I do, at least I can try to live up to it.

This is where our work starts tonight.

>> No.671670

>>671664
There's no demo

>>671632
Why would you lie? You've become the worthless shitposter that you talked about not less than a second ago

>> No.671672

>>671664
Here you go son
https://f95zone.com/threads/leiras-sex-stuff-v1-1-meakrob47.2524/
>>671670
Please stop. you are embarrassing yourself

>> No.671673

>>671662
Yeah looks pretty shit.

>> No.671674

>>671670
Also, I know you are too autistic to understand I was actually praising him by pretending to be angry at him. You wouldn't understand. You will never understand anything right. People like you will inherit the earth and people like me will die happy in the knowledge that I loved the world. Suck on that!

>> No.671675

>>671670
newfag detected. being this confident ang gettin g burned.

>> No.671677

>>671674
>>671675
This is different game from over 2 years ago. How did you even make this connection?

>> No.671683
File: 2.12 MB, 1920x1080, meakrobo46.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671683

>>671677
I am a big fan of his. You don't understand that? Do you know what being a fan means and sticking up for something you like a lot? And if you reath this and other threads and followed what he actually said, you would know that he said he changed his style but I immediately recognized him when he posted. He has a certain way he does his models and I like it a lot. I did not like that he mover away from his previous approach tho but I am a fan so I will support him in hopes of him actually chaninging his style back one day. His animations are better than any game I have seen and he is not even doing mo-cap. Both facial animations and bodies. You should fucking bow down to this guy and not spit on him. I would post some of his old stuff that is quite naughty, so have this. I would love to get on his level one day.

>> No.671686

>>671683
I really wish you'd stop posting. You repeatedly exacerbate this goddamn issue of idiots derailing threads and arguing about inane nonsense because you can't stop falling for the bait. You're equally as much of the problem as the other anons starting this shit in the first place.
>wah wah big bad internet insult man who make the thicc i must stand up for what's right!!
I'm sure he appreciates it but I really don't think Meakrob's some spineless cripple that can't defend himself. If he really is insulted, then let him stand up for himself. Stop jumping at every opportunity you get to show your love and appreciation for the man. Seriously, you sound like you owe him your life, and if you do that's perfectly fine. Just stop parading it around and shitting up the /wip/.

>> No.671687

>>671677
>How did you even make this connection?
Look at the date. Also as I mentioned before, both of us are oldfags.

>> No.671689

>>671686
>I'm sure he appreciates it but I really don't think Meakrob's some spineless cripple that can't defend himself.
I promised myself to do this a few times but the ignorance of the other guys just annoys me. I will stop. Also, as for Meakrob, I know he can defend himself but I don't want him to get discouraged like WitchDev did and numerous others. As for owing someone my life, they do inspire me so you could say that in a way it is so.

>> No.671703
File: 1.12 MB, 1428x872, sweet.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671703

I'm so tired of modeling this and I'm not even halfway done.

>> No.671704

>>671703
Interesting colour choice, is it just for visibility or is this going to be the final colour scheme? Also, what is it anyway? Some kind of spaceship? Boiler?

>> No.671707

>>671704
Its gonna be a spray painting robot eventually. I think the final will definitely be trix yogurt pink and blue but I dunno about the other colors.

>> No.671708
File: 523 KB, 1994x442, Teeth.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671708

>>671401
Hair and clothes looks gorgeous, i would hate to retopo it tho.

>>671542
>>671683
I love those animations and especially the facial expressions of the second, is it mocap?.

>>671703
pastel colors lookin' fine.

>> No.671710

>>671683
I've always preferred this style of Rob's work over what he's currently got now. I've always liked the small details on the skin. Not to mention the hair definitely works here.

In any case anon, it's his to do whatever he wants with. I'd just keep it to yourself anon, once again, no one asked you to defend him (if you are that same person that was told earlier). Let his work do the talking. That's the whole point of this thread.
He's skilled enough to know what he's doing is pretty subjective. If he got super hurt over people criticizing is work, he would be posting here. It's not hard to discern the difference between "ugly" and genuine critique. You do you anon.

>> No.671712

>>671689
Witchdev is still working hard on shit. He posts regularly on Patreon. I'm not a patron or anything, but he still posts progress pretty regularly. I think he's just about done with the base of what the game needs to be, and is now working on content and shit like that. Though I could be wrong.
I think he just doesn't post here much because he probably feels he doesn't really have much to show. I can't speak for him, but that seems like the kind of person he is.

>> No.671726

>>671401
i like the frills anon. how'd you do it?

>> No.671727
File: 1.26 MB, 1401x625, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671727

i havn't been touching it lately due to some extreme depression...
but anyways.. what do you think anons.
thanks in advance....

>> No.671734
File: 940 KB, 1547x607, svd less rough.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671734

Just bought substance painter... Still trying to figure it out; Is there any EASY way to import the texture files to blender? Where should I go from here? What do you do once you have models done and textured?

>> No.671736

>>671727
Looks pretty good mate, not just saying that to be nice.

>> No.671741

>>671726
Just some Zsphere to curve combined with an IMM frills. Then a bit of manual tweaking.

>> No.671748

>>671727
has more effort than that ugly ass model gaywad

>> No.671771
File: 2.06 MB, 600x600, practice.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671771

>>671663
I know what you're saying but 3D eyes can work it's just a matter of spending the extra time to make sure it doesn't look too off putting. This model I made has 3D oval eyes and in my opinion it works just fine

>> No.671793

>>671663
>anime eyes are a flat texture
No, a lot of them use a floating iris on top of a flat or concave eye.
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/prinz-eugen-2204d6fd12b546deb69a91621c08b6e1

>>671662
You should use better references like other 3D models or anime figures. Don't try to match a single 2D illustration exactly.

>> No.671804

>>671771
that looks much better than a flat texture imo

>> No.671806

>>671734
https://blog.michelanders.nl/2016/09/NodeSet-import-substance-painter-textures-into-Blender.html

Adds a node group that will automatically import all maps and connect them to PBDSF properly based on the default naming convention output from SP. Pretty handy. Just make sure when you add things in you use the texture set + BDSF option when importing.

>> No.671824

>>671662
Honestly that's a really good looking young Taiga model, I'm not sure how you managed to reach that from Tohsaka but it might just be the Takeuchi face transcending time and space.

>>671535
I still think such an exaggerated cartoon proportion face doesn't fit what is mostly a realistic body. If she was like two feet shorter with the same proportions I could see this as some shortstack fetish model but as it is now it just gives the feeling of being two entirely separate things mashed together.

>> No.671829
File: 791 KB, 1408x1919, muh_proportions.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671829

>>671824
>muh_proportions
muh proportions
Yeah, that is not how it works.
>Newb thinks he knows proportions.
>finds out we are all different
>mind BLOWN
Please check in with your local doctor. You may be suffering from autism. Don't make others suffer too.

>> No.671830

>>671824
Also, check out some Suicide Girls models. You will find all kinds of appealing and grotesque human females in there. Just a tip.

>> No.671836

>>671824
>Honestly that's a really good looking young Taiga model
Holy shit you're right. That anon might be on to something.

>> No.671840
File: 330 KB, 1920x1080, 22.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671840

>> No.671841

>>671829
look at that everytime sometimes tries to crit this faggot ass OP he jumps at it again, stop posting here seriously. your work is garbage just like your personality and stop trying to pass it off as someone trying to defend you, its obvious as hell.

>> No.671842

>>671840
It's not really a cartoon, and its not realism. IDK what style or mood you're going for with this? If its supposed to be trippy, the room could be all white, concrete floor, minimalist to contrast the stars. Or maybe the room could be full of grateful dead posters and messy pothead stuff with blacklights and neon colors. Kinda feels forgettable and that red wall pisses me off looking at it. Fuck that red wall and fuck that gamer mat + chair.

>> No.671850
File: 1.06 MB, 1657x809, Mech.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671850

Mech of some kind

>> No.671852

>>671850
Does it play Amazing Grace?

>> No.671854

>>671842
im just modeling my room my dude dont stress out too much

>> No.671860
File: 1.09 MB, 320x180, 1542119550991.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671860

>>671850
beats the shit out of my not even fully rigged robot

>> No.671861

>>671850
I love it. Kinda reminds me of those Bionicle spiders.

>> No.671862

>>671850
what is it all parented to?

>> No.671867

>>670914
I'd like to see more progress, the hair really makes it compelling.

>> No.671876

>>671850
A single massive empty,
since I can't rig for shit.
>>671861
Thanks!
>>671860
How did you get the tube arms? Bevel?

>> No.671880

Let's try this again, shall we?

>>671879
>>671879
>>671879

>> No.671881

>>671880
Why create a thread now, though? It'll still take days for this one to reach page 10 and there's still plenty of space to post pictures.

>> No.671882

>>671881
Well, it's a general. And it's not like the DAZ general that to tell the truth is more of a containment thread than anything.
Also, /wip/ being one of /3/'s "better features" means it's gotta always be on page 1. It (ideally, anyways) directs new posters to a conducive (ideally, anyways) place to post their work and receive constructive feedback (once again, ideally, anyways). You should know how /3/ is outside of the generals if you've browsed here a bit, plus no one likes people flooding the first page with some low-effort waifu they just made.

>> No.671889
File: 391 KB, 1920x1080, demon1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
671889

>> No.671898

>>671727
>got on antidepressants
>it helped a bit but then adderall stopped working and I couldn't concentrate
Looks good, but I forgot what it looked like last time and can't compare it. What are you going to do with it when it's done? Just leave it as a model, or make an animation?

>> No.671976

>>671898
>>671975

>> No.671998

>>671876
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKfdy050JMQ

>> No.672138

>>671829
>>671830
No matter how you try to cut it that's not a realistic head and you know it. I don't know why you need to post images about bodies when we're talking about the head.

>> No.672386

>>671123
plz upload model file so we can make memes

>> No.672806
File: 1.08 MB, 1920x1160, 1545196188266.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
672806

some practice

>> No.672808

>>671829
im gonna have to agree with >>672138
while its nothing to make a big stink over, it still slips into the uncanny valley deep enough.
i think its the nose imo.
its nothing egregious but it seems off.
but so did that one character in MH world but that game was smashing. i wouldnt sweat it.

>> No.672820
File: 1.22 MB, 1920x1160, 1548529988716.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
672820

>>672806
bottom half

>> No.672841
File: 1.51 MB, 1920x1160, 1536348351556.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
672841

>>672820
guess i better move to trash because now this dragon's horny

>> No.672842

>>672841
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1yzoiUIGGs

>> No.672956
File: 1.48 MB, 1920x1160, 1525045847921.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
672956

>>672841
now with teeth

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action