[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 87 KB, 831x831, FB_IMG_1547023507505.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
661104 No.661104 [Reply] [Original]

Venting.... Finished donut tutorial knowing well about the memes on this board surrounding it and the hate for blender as a program. But if I'm honest I've realized I can't actually do anything on my own without following step by step what Andrew Price does. Maybe this is to be expected from someone who picked up blender only 3 days ago but who knows... sometimes this board makes me feel like I'm disabled....but I will keep at it and hopefully get better. I see people who started at the same point as me and they're already building beautiful works of art、 having only done the donut tutorial. Again, discouraging, but I'll keep at it!!

>> No.661112

>>661104
>Maybe this is to be expected from someone who picked up blender only 3 days ago
>3 days ago
No shit, pal. 3D's easily one of the most tedious things to do and it'll take you months to get anywhere. Just keep at it. It's one hell of a grind that we're all on.
>I see people who started at the same point as me and they're already building beautiful works of art
Being an art medium, a lot of the fundamental aspects of 3D are universal throughout art. So having background in any form of art (2D illustration, photography, etc.) will give you bonus points if you're moving to 3D. Don't get discouraged by this though, not having any background doesn't mean you still can't pick those skills up. Sure, you may be slightly behind the curve, but instead think of it as them having started earlier if they already have this artistic background.

>> No.661113

Learning how to operate 3D software will not make you any better at art, that is a fact you need to learn ASAP

>> No.661117

>>661113
this does not mean you should avoid learning 3D software

by all means, do it

Just get your expectations right.

No amount of brush mastery is teaching you how to sculpt the human body, no amount of polygon manipulation will teach you how to design an hard surface weapon from scratch, no amount of render settings will teach you composition, and so on

Tools are just tools

As long as you understand this and plan accordingly, you'll be on the right track.