[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 10 KB, 480x360, 0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
650879 No.650879 [Reply] [Original]

How do u make your 3D character render not be "stiff" whatever that means.

I asked /a/ and /co/ about making a 3D comic with waifus and they told me 3D comics look stiff as fuck.

>> No.650899

learn posing

>> No.650902

I will tell you if you give me that Asahina model

>> No.651105

>>650879
Studies in gesture as well as anatomy will help greatly. Your goal is to create a rhythmic silhouette while obeying the constraints in a given joint's range of motion. You must also do this while keeping the pose balanced. So take into account gravity and shit.

>> No.651143

>>650879
>they told me 3D comics look stiff as fuck
Thats because those that make them usually have no clue about gestures
Get "Force" from Matessi and study that

>> No.651156

>>651143
>Get "Force" from Matessi and study that
Looks solid, cool. I guess some drawing skill is required, but nothing really advanced, right? Just competence with proportions and forms?

>> No.651183

>>651156
Yup the entry level is pretty low you dont even need to know proportions and forms though it surely helps
What I do is when I ride to my wageslavery and back, I keep a notepad where I draw every human passing around me, since humans rarely sit still you train your brain to capture their pose asap - which what essentially gesture is, it's bare necessities required to describe movement in this particular slice of time. You will know you made a good gesture when it's something like two-three curves tops and when other people that look at it besides you will instantly recognize what its about

>> No.651185

>>651183
Thanks! That sounds like an excellent method, I'll try it out.