[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 187 KB, 1920x1080, max puliero.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
633828 No.633828 [Reply] [Original]

This guy work in the industry and work for some AAA game and he is a blender user
what is your reason now,shekelberg?
artstation.com/mmaaxx/profile

>> No.633905

I bet 90% of the models created were actually not made in blender.

>> No.633932

>>633905
He said it was

>> No.633934

>>633905
>this betrays my narrative therefore it musn't be true
To give you the benefit of the doubt though, he does say that he uses ZBrush along with Blender (probably for sculpting more organic forms). But Blender's modelling suite is arguably one of the strongest among the various 3d software, so I don't see why you'd think that Blender can't do all that modelling.

>> No.633940

>>633905
"I worked on the cinematics and the posters for “ Super Smash Bros for Wii U”. I was lucky enough to get to work on Pikachu, Pikumin, Charizard and Link.

All the character were made entirely in Blender, even the texture painting and shape keys. After that, they were exported into Maya and rendered in Vray.

As for games, Dark Souls 3 was the most formative experience. In fact, I worked at FromSoftware for a year with a great team and we built up the game in a really short amount of time, considering that the pre-production was longer than the production itself.

I had the luck to work on a lot of characters, using Blender even though the pipeline was 3ds Max. When you have to work on characters that have a lot of props and parts, you need to pick your software and develop most of your character inside it, because importing and exporting all the parts for every retake is a waste of time."

>> No.633943

>>633828
Doesn't look that great to be completely honest with you. Would look out of place in Dark Souls 4 cinematic.

>> No.634326

>>633940
>I worked at FromSoftware for a year
How can you be work for a Japanese dev? Is he talking about outsourced stuff or does he actually speak Japanese?

>> No.634426

>>634326
Idk but his artstation profile says he's based in Tokyo, Japan

>> No.634453

>>633828
There's a guy that works for Epic that uses Blender, he wrote an article on the subject basically saying if you're good enough you can do whatever the fuck you want as long as you can export to a format that fits into their pipeline.
I don't feel like googling his name though, he's a moderator on like /r/epicgames or something

>> No.634459

>>634453
Ah, yes, I know whom you are talking about. He is in charge of the fluid sim department. He's also known to be a t/3/apot, not long ago he made a thread about wallpaper paste. I think it was something the planned to use somehow in Paragon, but got later discarded.

>> No.634470

>>633828
As much as I love using blender myself and defending it. The Souls games are fucking hideous.

>> No.634522

>>634453
>you can do whatever the fuck you want as long as you can export to a format that fits into their pipeline
People getting so hung up on software is pointless. The only thing that counts is your final product. Nobody gives a shit how you achieved it.

The people on /3/ arguing over software are the same people on /v/ starting platform wars.

>> No.634527

>>634522
What if my final product has to be a Maya rig, huh? Can I use Blender for that?

>> No.634766

>>634527
Alembic

>> No.634795

>>634766
What the...?

>> No.636311

>>633828
is it common in 3D modelling to use one tool and then export your work to be used in the main tool of the development team? Doesn't it break the company workflow? in programming most of the time you are stuck with the IDE the company is using.