[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 240 KB, 1296x968, Solei.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
557357 No.557357 [Reply] [Original]

I've been trying to replace watching Netflix or music with tutorials while I browse the Internet or play games. I figure it'll help me learn something right?

>> No.557360

>>557357
donate the keyboards, m50x, and krks to charity first senpai

>> No.557438

>>557357
I guess if you watch general tutorials it could work somewhat.
But conscious learning is way better.

>> No.557442

>>557357
This is like saying that putting a book on your forehead while you sleep will help you learn things through osmosis.

You learn nothing without consciously paying attention to it. You may as well get nickelback on your playlist again instead of some random guy on Youtube telling you how to bake AO maps.

>> No.557457

>>557357
multitasking is retarded.

boredom is your brain telling you you're wasting your time. multitasking is a way to distract your brain by doing multiple worthless things at once. the reason you feel like having a tv show on while you play your video game is because the video game is a pointless chore disguised as entertainment. by multitasking you're not only getting less out of the things you do, you will also tend to choose more worthless things to do because that makes multitasking easier. a good tv show might actually distract you from the pointless video game, so you're going to pick a pointless tv show that synchronizes well with the pointless video game. you're going to be very efficient at doing worthless things you don't even remember a day later.

find a thing you want to do. give it your full attention. if you feel that your attention is not being rewarded, stop and find something else because the current thing is not worth your time. i promise your life will improve.

>> No.557626

How about you kys you degenerate fag, stop playing games and focus on learning

>> No.557628

>>557626
>3D
>stop playing games

I would say 3D is one of the few fields where playing games can be a good thing. Consciously tho, to learn, instead of to procrastinate.

>> No.557641

>>557628
I think this too. I'm actually surprised 3D guys would say games are a waste of time.

>> No.557644

>>557457

changed my life senpai

>> No.557782

>>557628
>implying people play games to learn

yeah ok