[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 28 KB, 734x600, please_stop_checking_exif_senpai.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
557097 No.557097 [Reply] [Original]

Please share your Blender layouts? I am looking for something that is minimal; checkout "Zen Layout for Modo"

>> No.557225

>>557097
Thanks no help faggots.

>> No.557255

i keep usual layout.

>> No.557256

>>557097
Knowing the open source community I would say there were more discussions and waging battles about the blender layout than the features in the program itself.
I keep the default one and works fast and good for me.

>> No.557272

I use default for modeling and sometimes create additional window for settings on the right next to timeline while rendering animations.

>> No.557742

>>557097

I use ctrl space to maximize the viewport while modeling / sculpting

I use ctrl arrow key left or right to cycle through the other setups, like I have one for node editing that's just a giant node screen, a tiny preview of the model in the viewport, a tiny preview of it rendering

Same sort of stuff for animation. Once you set up stuff the way you want it, select File -> Save to Startup and Blender will always have those settings

If you mean Theme, I know I should probably look at what people in the community have put out there, but I just use "Science Lab"

The default Theme is so fucking ugly though, I feel like every blender tutorial should start with "Before we begin, let's change the default Theme"

>> No.557745

>>557097
Hexagonal is a nice colour scheme.

Other than that my layout changes with my needs.

>> No.557772

all the themes hurt my eyes

>> No.557822

I use the default layout for Blender. The only nuance to this is that sometimes I'll blow out the composition nodes window out into its own window and fullscreen it on a secondary monitor.

It always confuses the fuck out of me whenever I download somebody elses' Blend project file and they have a weird layout and that dropdown window where you switch between the layouts is even more crazy non-standard shit.

>> No.557826

>>557097
It's pretty easy to do create new windows in blender so I just put in an extra window for UV mapping/compositing/animation if I need it.

>> No.557864
File: 375 KB, 1920x3240, layouts.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>557097
here you go
I use top for modeling sculpting mid for texturing and materials and bot 4 animation. Control up arrow maximize 3d view, control left/rigth arrow to change betwen layouts, and control alt Q to togle on off quad view

>> No.557908

>>557822
there's a setting in blender's user preferences that disables loading of ui saved within a blend file. instead, blender will display the contents using how your ui is setup.
file -> user preferences -> file -> load ui