[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 68 KB, 306x306, 1484407811321.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
557032 No.557032 [Reply] [Original]

>watching tutorials
>guy fucks up
>"ah that's ok, we all mess up now and again-"
>guy fucks up so hard he spends rest of the video fumbling, confusing everyone including me.
Why are 3D teachers so incompetent.
Don't fucking teach if you're not going to rehearse your shit you stupid pig shit.

>> No.557036

>>557032
>Watching tuts
>Current year
Kys

>> No.557041

You can't call someone incompetent when you're trying to learn what they're teaching in the first place. You're just as clueless as they are, if not more. If you weren't you wouldn't need to watch their tutorial. Pleb.

>> No.557045

>>557032
If you aren't watching Arrimus 3D you should probably kys

>> No.557050
File: 7 KB, 318x250, 1489124452360.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>557045
>don't need to watch his videos as I'm pro
>tfw still watch everyone because they're so fucking comfy.

Nah for real I learn something new all the time from him.

>> No.557063

>>557041
you are a moron. OP is trying to learn, and found someone who was like "yeah, I know how to do that, I'll teach you" but it turned out that person was a dumbass who didn't know what they were talking about and wasted OP's time.

Making a video claiming you can teach people then failing to convey the information you were supposed to be teaching is incompetence, and OP was correct to describe it that way.

>> No.557093

>>557041
>can't call anything/anyone shit if you don't exercise a vast collection of knowledge/skill of the topic at hand

Dense.

>> No.557096

It's almost like a guy on his undies making a tutorial video for the internet is just human too, bound by no rules of professionalism or quality and prone to fucking up every now and then.

Now the idea that they've fucked up and are too lazy to edit out the mistake and do another take, that's another conversation entirely.

>> No.557122

>>557063
true
>>557096
then he should at least remake the video and not upload it , if its a fail as a whole

>> No.557147

>>557122
You're looking at this the wrong way. When a comedian is making jokes that you don't like or don't find funny, it's not your imperative to boo or heckle him. It's your imperative to leave the theater and not give him any more of your patronage.

In the same way (even moreso since it's free), you shouldn't complain about online guides being shitty, because you're the one who came to that person expecting a guide that conforms to your standards, when the guidemaker had no reason to follow that critetia for your sake. You should find a guide that suits your no-mistakes approach and stick to that.

Someone's already posted a no-nonsense channel on the thread so I will save you the trouble.

>> No.557298

>>557147
Bullshit. If I put up a sign advertising "FREE LEMONADE" but I'm actually giving people cups of piss, they're completely right to say "this guy is full of shit! fuck him!"

Even if I thought I had a pitcher of lemonade and I had good intentions and it turned out to be a mistake on my part, the people who drank the piss have every right to be mad, regardless of the fact that the piss they drank was free.

A tutorial video that leaves you more confused than when you started has a net value of less than zero, and someone who is that bad at teaching should stop trying to teach.

>> No.557301

>>557298
kill your self

>> No.557326

>>557298
These two situations are non-correlative. Urine is a host to bacterial colonies and can cause serious damage to your body if the concentrate is drank past a certain threshold. If someone is trying to mislead and harm you in this way, you can and should contact the authorities.

A tutorial video on the internet can do no such harm. You've lost no money in doing so, and more importantly, your being was never in danger.

>A tutorial video that leaves you more confused than when you started has a net value of less than zero,

A net value of less than zero is impossible in this case: confusion isn't tantamount to loss. You didn't know less about the subject than when you started, in a worst-case scenario, you just didn't learn anything.

>and someone who is that bad at teaching should stop trying to teach.

How are people supposed to improve if they don't put their work out there and receive feedback on it? Even your post is feedback in its own way, which I think the author would take into account to try and make a better guide next time.

If people shouldn't do things they're bad at because they're bad at it, then we may as well shut down this board too, since a lot of people who pass through /3/ are total beginners who get shunted down for asking basic questions and criticism on their starting scupts/renders.

>> No.557440

>>557032
>>557326
>These two situations are non-correlative. Urine is a host to bacterial colonies and can cause serious damage to your body if the concentrate is drank past a certain threshold. If someone is trying to mislead and harm you in this way, you can and should contact the authorities.

Are you actually this autistic or are you just pretending?

>A net value of less than zero is impossible in this case: confusion isn't tantamount to loss.

It's worth less than zero because it's a waste of time that could've been spent on a different, properly helpful learning resource. Most people don't have unlimited time to work on their 3D projects, either because they have day jobs or they're up against some sort of deadline.

>How are people supposed to improve if they don't put their work out there and receive feedback on it?

I will grant you this one, but OP set a pretty fair baseline for making tutorials: at the very least, rehearse your presentation so you aren't stumbling all over yourself and creating confusion. If you can't do that then you shouldn't be releasing your tutorials to the public. Nobody expects your first attempts to have perfectly slick presentation, but if you can't deliver something that is at least competent you should kys.

>> No.557441

>>557440
>Are you actually this autistic or are you just pretending?

You could tell me how I'm wrong. Or you could deflect it with the 'ole Autism Speaks line.

Not that this dumb piss lemonade analogy was any good.

>Most people don't have unlimited time to work on their 3D projects, either because they have day jobs or they're up against some sort of deadline.

Well, sorry to break this to you, but your free time has no value to anybody except whatever value you assign to it yourself. It feels like you just want to bitch at other people, so you've decided that said free time is ~*very valuable*~, but it isn't. Nobody will pay you to fuck around with 3D, nobody cares what you do in your free time except yourself.

If you actually have a job in 3D, then fair enough, looking at a bad tutorial means you've wasted the company's time. But then they're actually paying you to do that job and expect you to be competent in what you do and where you look (I.E. consulting other industry veterans who know what they're doing, not looking at Youtube tutorials).

>I will grant you this one, but OP set a pretty fair baseline for making tutorials

Again, you have a way of protesting against these tutorials you consider shitty: downvote them, and don't give them your patronage anymore. Find a tutorial that suits you and advertise that to your friends. Support the things you deem good.

Telling them to fuck off is foregoing them the chance to stand by their own merits beyond your criticism.

>> No.557445

>>557050
He's a god send, I always go back and re-watch his work flow. Arrimus is all the artist I can never be

>> No.557446
File: 72 KB, 800x598, 72xheu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>557301

why u mad tho?

don't tell me you make some of those shitvids, anon

>> No.557449

>>557326

if it doesn't help you and actually makes you worse then it is a burden. and could cause you to quit trying/give up, settle. that's what he means by less than zero.

they really shouldn't teach if they don't know what they're teaching. they aren't exactly teaching then are they?

>> No.557450

>>557441

are you the same fucking guy from all the other threads? fuck off man. you really are fucking autistic

>> No.557510

>>557449
What guide actively causes you to quit trying and give up? If you know nothing about the subject matter, then every guide can teach you at least something, and if it can't, it won't make you mad to the point where you'll give up by spending three minutes of your life on it, then moving on to the next. What you're looking at isn't a guide in the first place.

Show me one of those guides where the guy fucks up so bad from start to finish that it's completely unwatchable, is a complete waste of time and brain cells, and makes you want to give up on 3D and life at the same time.

P.S. This sort of guide doesn't exist, because at that point, it guides you nowhere and it's a waste of time. At this *very* extreme point, I will agree, the guy shouldn't have put it up/called it a guide and should've looked at some examples of other guides before he put his own up.

>> No.559849

>>557032
Be honest, was it a shitskin who made the video?