[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 355 KB, 1507x1861, necro121.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
408627 No.408627[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

this is a sculpt im doing, but it doesnt fit together somehow.feedback or any tips what i could add?

>> No.408628

The detail is very inconsistent. The infected and mutated parts are very detailed, but the rest of the body is smooth as fuck.

>> No.408666

too smooth, detail neck, arms, torso like clavicles and what not
stomach buldges out forward but not to the sides, make it full
larger hips
check out the clickers from the last of us for detail ref

>> No.408725

>>408628
>>408666

>> No.408727

reminds me of act 3 bloody palace monsters from Path of Exile

>> No.408732

>>408627
While they guys above talk about the details i will focus on the concept and forms which are the main problem of your sculpt.
First the dynamism of this model.
It looks very awkward since the top is an extreme facial expression while the whole body is very relaxed, the balance is off. Those tiny hands point upward instead of being floppy and just hanging there.
Then we go into the idea of uncanny vallley, uts something you wnat too looks for to make humanoid creatures scary. You want to get as many parts of it anatomically correct as you can, while distorting the rest.
Now the theme, is it a zombie, a monster, mutant or what ?
If its some kind of monster with spikes for hands there is no reason for the erst of the body too look so normal. And if its a zombie or something there is no reason for it to have spikes for hands.
And if its a mutant make sure theree is a very strong transition from human to monster.
Another problem is you need consistency and balance in detail and rest areas.
For humans its normal to have details focused around joints, knees, elbows, fingers bellybutton, breast, and so on.make sure you have enough detail in those places, and then build on top of it.

Also i would get rid of those weird stuff in belly for now and add details later, for now get the main forms in proper.

>> No.408781

>>408732
yes these are my main problems. i just went on and did "something", wich turned out like you dont know what this is. i really like the head but i had no real idea for the rest of the body. i think i will just leave it by that and start a new sculpt with concepting first. i think this would be better. i learned stuff sculpting this thing so it wasnt a complete waste of time. but thanks to you too :]

>> No.408786

I say with all compliments intended, that that is one of the most horrific and disturbing character designs I've seen.