[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 219 KB, 800x600, Elite_zb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
375794 No.375794[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

How do I convince my family (Who I am reliant on for transportation and shelter) that practicing 3d on my own is better than going to ITT tech or some shit for it?

They seem to think If I'm not gong to school or taking an online course, I may as well be masturbating.

Picture unrelated

>> No.375796

Go to the school. Get them to pay for it. Now they're off your back.

Protip: 3d modelling is very very very saturated atm

>> No.375797

They can't afford that shit anyways.

>Protip: 3d modelling is very very very saturated atm
Well, it's that or graphic design, and the same "School is a waste" principal applies for that, too, right?

>> No.375798

>>375797
You'll never get a gd job either, its saturated to the top as well.

>> No.375805

Just try to explain to them that you have done your research online and discovered that most schools for it are scams, and that you will take online courses like Gnomon that are much cheaper and better.

>> No.375806

>>375798
You'll never get any job without connections, it's all saturated.
If everyone unemployed actually knew how the job market works, we'd have worldwide riots in a matter of hours.

>> No.375808

>>375794
By manning up and getting a shitty job somewhere like mcdonalds and studying 3d in your free time

>> No.375809

>>375806
>connections
>implying gd isnt badly oversaturated
>implying 3d modelling isnt badly oversaturated
>implying op is going to get either of these jobs

>> No.375812

Sell your models and show them the money

>> No.375813

>>375796
>>375798

Well, I know that this is what I want to do for a living. If that means I have to work on 3d or GD for 10 hours a day every day, then fine, I just need to justify it to them.

>>375805
They don't listen. I've explained this to them. They may accept gnomon, but I don't even know where to start with there.

>>375808
Literally the only thing I have any sort of skill with is graphic design, 3d, or knowledge with history and paleozoology.

Not going to happen.

>>375812
I can't. I use student software, and I'm too much of a paranoid fuck to use pirated software.

>> No.375814

>>375813
>flipping burgers or making coffee takes skill

man up. mummy and daddy won't be around forever

>> No.375815

Op, you might as well tell your family that you want to go into toy trains professionally. Or Lego. You waited too long. The 3d train has left.

>> No.375817

>>375815
I want to try anyways.

>> No.375830

How about go to school for something more useful that will actually make you employable. And while you're there, you can develop your 3D skills. Trust me, you will have plenty of extra time on your hands as a student. You just have to remind yourself to practice instead of masturbating and drinking all the time. You can probably also get some elective classes that will help. And when you're done, you'll have a skill and also a degree to fall back on when it turns out you can't get a job doing what you want. Because you can't. But maybe you can sell some models.

>> No.375978

Personally OP i am in my final quarter here at ITT-Tech for visual communications. The teachers here in New York have taught me so much that there is no way i could do most of the things i do now without their classes. If you want to show people you are serious about your 3D modeling you might as well get a diploma that says you know your shit. Plus if that Sangheili is indeed yours 2 years of classes 2 or 3 times a week for 4 hours a day wont get in your way of work or a personal life, Personally the best decision i've ever made.

>> No.375984

Seems to me like op is trying to sit home and do nothing under the disguise that he is practicing 3d. Op i am sorry to inform you that no one will believe your lies and you need to get you shit together bro.

>> No.375994

>>375809
I'm not implying he will.
I'm implying nobody here will, in 3D or otherwise.

>> No.375997

why don't we just form a mafia for 3DCG and go around "de-saturating" the market?

>> No.376059

im studying 3d stuff..... but doing more programming lately because i lost interest in pushing vertizes.... best decition ever. Got a nice job as a programmer.

btw: Drawing > 3d

>> No.376060

>>376059
cool opinion bud

>> No.376080

>>375997
Too many in the industry already think that grey and brown are the only suitable colors. We don't want to make it worse.

>> No.377711

>>376080
I'm up for adding a little red.

>> No.377726

>>376059
I am really bad at coding and maths, I know absolutely nothing about programming languages. I am so ignorant about it that it hurts.

I am really good at anatomy though and I have hand extremely well used to drawing tablets. I get some money from drawning, but not much. Is this a good idea to go for 3d? I was considering it for a long time, but I am scared that my coding disability and lack of knowledge about very technical stuff related to computer graphics will fuck me over at some point.

The worst thing is probably that I am 24 already. How fucked I am when in a few years time, people who compete for jobs with me are ~22 year old programmers who finished 3d modelling school?

>> No.377879

>>375794
Man, that sculptor couldn't decide if he wanted to do skinny or buffed out of that elite.
Looks like it's a small-framed steroid-buffer wearing some sort of plastic-wrap around himself.

>> No.377978

>>375984
ding ding ding

writes off anything outside his 'i like these subjects' comfort zone as impossible, and his comfort zone stuff conveniently includes leeching off parents who are clearly trying to get him to make something of himself.

>> No.377979
File: 416 KB, 897x1200, 1357431058001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>375794
Pro-Tip: Get a real work to earn a few hundred bucks per month. Pay your parents maybe 300 euros/400 dollars per month for food and your room. That shows them you aren't a lazy internet addicted idiot and will take you much more serious. Worked for me.

>> No.378015

>>377979
not enough time for 3d

>> No.378017

>>378015
Bullshit, you can earn such a small amount of money in a few days of work. Then you have the most time of the month left to increase your 3d skills. You're just alazy fuck, that is your problem.

Or do shit like the nightshifts at gas stations or work as night watch. With a good laptop computer can you learn while you work.