[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 249 KB, 960x540, Logo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
360448 No.360448 [Reply] [Original]

Would it be possible to get a job using Blender? If not... Which of the other programs is the cheapest?

I think it would be stupid to not hire someone who uses just Blender, since Blender can export to the file formats of almost all of the other programs, but okay.

>> No.360449

maybe if you're going for a modelling job, but those jobs are so saturated now, you'll likely be unemployed for years.

>> No.360450

modo only costs $1500

>> No.360452

>>360450
>only costs $1500
Well ain't that just a drop in the bucket lol

>>360449
Well there goes my last dream... xc

>> No.360453

>>360449
But I wouldn't doubt that, though. I've already tried hard finding 3D modelling jobs that didn't have anything to do with Engineering... But I was just figuring the difficulty was due to the fact that I live in Kansas, where I'm one of a handful of people who can 3D model using a program that isn't CAD or CAM programs (both of which I have/can use, and I gotta say, Inventor and Revit were my favorite).

>> No.360454

So. It's stupid to not hire people who aren't familiar with the software you're studio is using? That's like a software engineer demanding to code in whatever language he deems fit for his employer's project, because he doesn't like C# or something. The universe doesn't revolve around you, sonny.

>> No.360456

>>360454
Blender made models can be exported to just about every other program... Which means your models could be made in Blender, and then shifted to an animator who uses Cinema 4D.

>> No.360460

>>360456
Well now that I look at Blender, I think I might need new scripts to specifically export to C4D, but the point still stands that it could be used in conjunction with other programs

>> No.360488

>>360456
I'm aware. Or you could use the same software suite across the board in your studio and foster collaboration, instead of pandering to F/OSS fan boys.

>> No.360489

>>360448

OP, the problem is production workflow. If this is geared towards software like Maya or 3ds (in case of game studios there also need to be compatibility between 3D software and game engine) someone who only knows blender is useless.

I work in the game industry at reasonably big studio (~300 people) and I use blender at work daily. I'm in control of the final artwork, which is also usually 2D, so if I use blender along the way this causes no problems.