[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 625 KB, 1920x1080, video-games-CGI-fantasy-art[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
350131 No.350131 [Reply] [Original]

My friends and I are developing a game. Unfortunately, at a medical and computer engineering only college, there is a shortage of graphic designers. We are thinking about making the game isometric (third person view) for pc. Is there anyone here or does anyone know of a place I could find someone to develop the graphics for this game? I would prefer someone with knowledge of optimizing models for games and a basic understanding of working on a game dev team.

We will be using Unity which is perfect for a small dev team and allows us to make the game quickly.

>> No.350137

>>350131
>I would prefer someone with knowledge of optimizing models for games and a basic understanding of working on a game dev team.
sorry to bust your bubble, but unless you are paying upfront (no "You will get a percentage of the sales" bullshit) you cannot be picky about who gives you free labor
At most you can ask for people wanting to donate models
Don't expect people with any real world experience to work for free

>> No.350148

>>350137
>The first thing that popped in my head
>I don't think anybody with that set of knowledge would still waste time on 4chan
>>350131
Solution: Get a graphic designer friend

>> No.350149

Oh sorry! I did not mean to make this sound like it was free. We are willing to pay a percent of the profit for your contribution.

Im OP

>> No.350154

The only people who would do something like that are your talented slacker friend that rather just enjoy life working on a project for fun instead of working for corporate dollars.
If you don't happen to have known such a person for years it's doubtful you'll be able to acquire one.

I'm developing a game myself under no-budget conditions, luckely for me I have access to a experianced artist that's willing to work all day long for free.

>> No.350267

>>350149
>We are willing to pay a percent of the profit for your contribution.
That's your problem right there buddy. Nobody who has been freelancing or working for more than a few months wants to go back to those "percent of the profit" bullshits indie deves offer. I cannot tell my landlord I will pay him according to the profits of your game, I cannot tell the bank I will pay my tuition loan according to a profit of your game. I need you to give me a fucking monthly salary or a payment by milestone covered, not a fucking promise about how you are going to pay me a percentage of your game. If it flops (even AAA games developed by robust teams of aged professionals flop these days) I am looking forward to be paid 15% of $500.00 USD or even less. Would rather work at 3D advertisement or Starbucks.

>> No.350356

Hi OP,

I'm interested in hearing more. At the least I might be able to point you in the right direction. Is there some way I can contact you?

I've got experience as professional game artist.

>> No.350474

>>350149
What is your contact info I think I we might be able to come up with an agreement?